http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 07:45:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL Playoff Talk  (Read 41689 times)
Hiccup
Gaming Trend Reader

I have personal text.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

Die hard Wild fan here, so maybe that's where the next statement comes from.

I do believe the Avs/Wild games are very fun to watch, especially last nights game.  Amazing play by both goalies, physical play on both sides, luck seems to be the deciding factor in all 3 games so far.

The Avs got away with a lot of penalties last night, and the refs seem to be nitpicking against the Wild.  There have been cheap plays on both sides, but by all media accounts the Avs are the "do-no-wrong" team getting bullied around.

Forsberg PULLED Hill down on top of him yet, ESPN says:
Forsberg, 34, has been roughed up in this series, too, getting held and grabbed and thrown to the ice as he was in the second period, when Sean Hill wrapped him up for a takedown that resulted in a matching minor.
Bullshit.

The Denver Post has the most obnoxious writer too, Mark Kiszla.

Ugly Betty hockey in Colorado - This years idiocy.  He had another one back in the 2003 series that's listed in full in the comments section of the linked article. 

Just a little hiccup.
Koz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2008, 01:27:31 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on April 15, 2008, 12:39:45 PM

Have people finished talking about the Boston/Montreal game already?  I haven't been able to check in here because I download the games from torrents and I don't want it to get spoiled.  Good win by the Bruins, they played hard and deserve a break but I think that the Canadiens will still take the series, probably in six.  I've been getting the HD torrent from (NSN? or something like that) but those guys are so Boston biased it isn't even funny so I think I'm going to go back to the regular old SD CBC broadcast. Anyways, continue what you were talking about!

NESN is correct (New England Sports Network). It's the Bruins home network, so it's not surprising they're homers. Andy Brickley (the color guy) is actually quite good once you get over his annoyingly nasal voice.

Montreal should definitely win the series, but they haven't been playing like it. Rumors are they're trying to throw some grit in the lineup for tonight as well, which doesn't bode well for them as they aren't a rough and tumble team. They need to get back to their speed game and finally wake up their power play (I think they're 1 for 19) if they are going to win the series. Boston will keep playing their rough grinding style and hope they get some bounces.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2008, 01:58:49 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on April 15, 2008, 12:39:45 PM

Have people finished talking about the Boston/Montreal game already?  I haven't been able to check in here because I download the games from torrents and I don't want it to get spoiled.  Good win by the Bruins, they played hard and deserve a break but I think that the Canadiens will still take the series, probably in six.  I've been getting the HD torrent from (NSN? or something like that) but those guys are so Boston biased it isn't even funny so I think I'm going to go back to the regular old SD CBC broadcast. Anyways, continue what you were talking about!

NESN maybe?  That's the New England sports channel, so no wonder they are Boston biased.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »

Quote from: Hiccup on April 15, 2008, 01:11:48 PM

Forsberg PULLED Hill down on top of him yet, ESPN says:
Forsberg, 34, has been roughed up in this series, too, getting held and grabbed and thrown to the ice as he was in the second period, when Sean Hill wrapped him up for a takedown that resulted in a matching minor.
Bullshit.

I honestly have no idea what Forsberg did to get the matching penalty on there.  He didn't hit the guy or anything.  Hill took him down then threw his glove in his face.  Must have been something that happened off camera.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »

Just about every fan of every series is claiming that biased reffing is going on.  In actuality it is just an issue of refs being human and doing the best they can.  There are missed calls going both ways as well as bad calls going both ways.

Ottawa fans have been going nuts about the officiating, but fact is there have been missed calls on both sides and bad calls on both sides.  And despite what people think there is no conspiracy in regards to Crosby.  He gets a lot of calls because he constantly drives to the net, is generating offense.  The more offense you generate the more often guys are gonna hook/trip/hold.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2008, 04:15:44 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on April 15, 2008, 02:30:02 PM

Just about every fan of every series is claiming that biased reffing is going on.  In actuality it is just an issue of refs being human and doing the best they can.  There are missed calls going both ways as well as bad calls going both ways.

Ottawa fans have been going nuts about the officiating, but fact is there have been missed calls on both sides and bad calls on both sides.  And despite what people think there is no conspiracy in regards to Crosby.  He gets a lot of calls because he constantly drives to the net, is generating offense.  The more offense you generate the more often guys are gonna hook/trip/hold.

I agree every team has had bad calls, but I don't believe the refs are doing a good job on the whole. Their main problem is consistency. They call ticky tack penalties and then completely ignore the exact same thing 2 minutes later (while staring directly at the play). They aren't missing the calls (which is execusable), they are intentionally not calling them. Some of the blame goes to the league for making them call nonsense calls, but if you're going to do that, you have to call every single one. The refs jobs have gotten much harder with all the new rules, but they have not stepped up to the plate, IMO.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 15, 2008, 04:51:01 PM »

Quote from: Koz on April 15, 2008, 04:15:44 PM

Quote from: Arkon on April 15, 2008, 02:30:02 PM

I agree every team has had bad calls, but I don't believe the refs are doing a good job on the whole. Their main problem is consistency. They call ticky tack penalties and then completely ignore the exact same thing 2 minutes later (while staring directly at the play). They aren't missing the calls (which is execusable), they are intentionally not calling them. Some of the blame goes to the league for making them call nonsense calls, but if you're going to do that, you have to call every single one. The refs jobs have gotten much harder with all the new rules, but they have not stepped up to the plate, IMO.

True the Refs have been calling something and then 5 minutes later they don't call the same situation.  I guess my point was that it has been going both ways, or should I say against every team.  The refs who seem to be the worst at this are the vets like Kerry "How's my hair?" Frasier.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 15, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »

Forsberg is a nancy boy.

That is all.

icon_twisted

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 15, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 15, 2008, 05:10:28 PM

Forsberg is a nancy boy.

That is all.

icon_twisted

I have to agree with this...

icon_smile
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2008, 01:59:49 AM »

UGH.

I'm not sure I believe anymore.  The Caps just are not as good as the Flyers, and Ovie is either injured or totally intimidated, the way he's playing.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2008, 02:03:17 AM »

I'm turning off Dallas-Anaheim game 3.

saywhat

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2008, 02:23:28 AM »

2-0 Avs after 6 minutes! Still my money is on the game being tied by the 3rd. icon_neutral
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2008, 02:27:22 AM »

I'm a bit late, but...

JAROME IGINLA!!!!

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 16, 2008, 02:39:01 AM »

Jody Shelley has no class.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 16, 2008, 02:50:26 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 16, 2008, 02:39:01 AM

Jody Shelley has no class.

No, but he does have a whole lotta ugly.

gellar
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 16, 2008, 03:07:24 AM »

I'm jumping back and forth between the Flames-Sharks and Avs-Wild game and loving the fact that I've got the opportunity to do that. slywink Avs are looking very good in their game and I'm liking how the Flames look too. Hard to believe that the Sharks outshot the Flames in that 1st period; if ever there was a stat that gave a misleading impression of how a period played out that would be it.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 16, 2008, 03:26:24 AM »

Holy crap the Wild are following apart in their game! Talk about taking a bunch of extremely undisciplned penalties.
BTW I loved the goal by Salei with Smytty camped at the goal mouth for the screen; nice work.  slywink thumbsup
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 03:33:29 AM by kronovan » Logged
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: April 16, 2008, 03:28:08 AM »

Another tough loss for the Bruins in a game where they outplayed Montreal. Carey Price was magic tonight and the only reason the Habs won. At least the reffing was fine this game. icon_wink

Montreal should wrap this up in 5, but on the whole I'm unimpressed with their play. They should have demolished the Bruins, not just be lucky to sneak away with a couple wins against a team they dominated all season. Unless they pick up their scoring they will see a quick exit in round 2.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 16, 2008, 03:32:23 AM »

Dion Phaneuf!

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 16, 2008, 03:44:45 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 16, 2008, 03:32:23 AM

Dion Phaneuf!

Yup...that was a nice blaster at a very important and opportune time. I didn't like the way the Flames played for much of the 2nd, but I can't argue with their finish to it. Some very nice saves by Kippur in that period

Holy crap in the Avs-Wild game; Hejduk just scored to make it 5-0!  eek
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 16, 2008, 04:19:36 AM »

How did Cheechoo score that?!

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 16, 2008, 04:20:08 AM »

Shot of the playoffs right there.  Complete luck, but still... shot of the playoffs.  He could try that 100 more times and fail 99 of them.

gellar
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 16, 2008, 04:23:42 AM »

Oh no.. goal by the Sharks.  eek  Looks like this game is gonna have a helluva finish. Gotta give Cheechoo credit that was an excellent shot from a hard angle.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 16, 2008, 04:27:17 AM »

Well, that was coming.

Nice win, San Jose.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 16, 2008, 04:28:00 AM »

Well...I thought this game was going to OT, but looks like it's over now. Thornton finally gets 1.
Did I mention in an earlier post that this series is going 7 games...oh yeah...I did.
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 16, 2008, 04:31:53 AM »

This fight in the Avs/Wild game between LaPerriere and Veilleux is the lamest hockey fight I have ever seen.  It looked like figure skating.

The good news is that unless something drastic happens, those pesky Wild aren't going to take this to OT and the series will be tied.

RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 16, 2008, 04:41:31 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 16, 2008, 04:27:17 AM

Well, that was coming.

Nice win, San Jose.

Man, you know what I love about the Flames? They make you win. If you're going to skate off the ice with that W, you've got to go and take it from them. That's something the Sharks need to learn how to do. Tonight was a good step in the right direction. They fought back, created chances and capitalized. I hope they keep on building on that momentum for Game 5.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 16, 2008, 05:04:21 AM »

See what I mean?  I didn't watch the game....Sharks win...I'm done watching this series, I'll just check here after the game.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 16, 2008, 07:29:45 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on April 16, 2008, 04:31:53 AM

This fight in the Avs/Wild game between LaPerriere and Veilleux is the lamest hockey fight I have ever seen.  It looked like figure skating.

The good news is that unless something drastic happens, those pesky Wild aren't going to take this to OT and the series will be tied.

I missed the fight so I can't comment, but in regards to the Wild taking that game to OT...huh...were you watching the same game I was watching!? That was one of the most convincing wins I've seen in the playoffs in some time; Avs absolutely destroyed the Wild!  This is looking like another great series that's going to go the full 7 games.
Despite being trounced in this game, no doubt the Wild will show up for the next game and be competitive. Because to use Brian Burke's words "the Wild aren't a team they're a cult." I still think the Avs are going to take this series in 7 games.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 07:35:17 AM by kronovan » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 16, 2008, 12:21:46 PM »

Just finished watching the Bruins/Montreal game 4.  Man this is just a fantastic series to watch.  Hard hitting and (except for the first game) very, very close!!  I thought Boston was going to tie it up in the dying seconds but no such luck for them.  Price is just an amazing goalie-like 1986 Patrick Roy.  I've never even heard of this guy before!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 16, 2008, 03:03:47 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 16, 2008, 07:29:45 AM

Quote from: The Grue on April 16, 2008, 04:31:53 AM

I missed the fight so I can't comment, but in regards to the Wild taking that game to OT...huh...were you watching the same game I was watching!? That was one of the most convincing wins I've seen in the playoffs in some time; Avs absolutely destroyed the Wild!  This is looking like another great series that's going to go the full 7 games.
Despite being trounced in this game, no doubt the Wild will show up for the next game and be competitive. Because to use Brian Burke's words "the Wild aren't a team they're a cult." I still think the Avs are going to take this series in 7 games.

I don't think you reada what I wrote correctly.  I said that unless something crazy happened, there was no way the Wild were going to take it to over time since it was 5-1 at the time I posted this.

Trent Steel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 16, 2008, 03:40:54 PM »

I have a good feeling about tonight.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 16, 2008, 03:43:17 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on April 16, 2008, 01:59:49 AM

UGH.

I'm not sure I believe anymore.  The Caps just are not as good as the Flyers, and Ovie is either injured or totally intimidated, the way he's playing.

The Flyers are just outhustling and outmuscling the Caps.  Kind of expected when the Caps are so young.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 16, 2008, 03:46:39 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on April 16, 2008, 03:43:17 PM

Quote from: Clanwolfer on April 16, 2008, 01:59:49 AM

UGH.

The Flyers are just outhustling and outmuscling the Caps.  Kind of expected when the Caps are so young.

But but but.... they have Ovechkin, who can hit you so hard he will make your dog bleed.

icon_lol

I actually have been suprised at well the flyers have done holding him in check.
ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 16, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on April 16, 2008, 04:27:17 AM

Well, that was coming.

Nice win, San Jose.

Yeah, that was my bad.  I didn't start watching until the last 12 minutes of the game.  Sorry Dude.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 16, 2008, 11:47:15 PM »

Great first period for the Rangers.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 16, 2008, 11:48:47 PM »

Quote from: Hotfreak on April 16, 2008, 11:47:15 PM

Great first period for the Rangers.

To quote Devil before he comes in and posts it...

Devils in 6...

retard
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 17, 2008, 01:39:09 AM »

Best.  Faceoff win.  EVAR.

gellar
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 17, 2008, 01:40:47 AM »

Quote from: gellar on April 17, 2008, 01:39:09 AM

Best.  Faceoff win.  EVAR.

gellar
Rofl!

and agreed.

I enjoyed the Jagr knee to the face as well.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 01:42:30 AM by Hotfreak » Logged

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 17, 2008, 01:44:37 AM »

Devils in 12.

Gotta hand it to Ranger management. That team is at least twice as talented as NJ. From the 'Superstars' right down to the young guys. Sucks that they beat the Devils this year, but what's even more depressing is that things seem to be lined up for them to do it on a yearly basis again. 15 solid years of winning, not a bad little run.

Also goes to show how good Brodeur STILL is. That Devils team has one good forward, no good defensemen and still ended up with 99 points.

Good luck with the Penguins. I hope they kick your ass!!  Tongue

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 22   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: