http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 12:43:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 NHL Off-Season  (Read 6942 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »

Just want to make sure I have a place to go soon.

pr0 - Told you the coach wouldn't work out.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »

LOL @ Columbus.

Edmonton with the first overall three years in a row.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 06:53:34 PM »

Sabres fan reporting for duty.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:05:17 PM »

HAY GUYS! What's going on in here?

Just checking in now. See ya in a couple weeks!

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

Here's hoping Tambellini tries to trade the pick down and get a solid D in addition to a top 10 pick...  Another sniper is fine, but the Oilers need a play-in-every-situation D who can help right now, not some more D prospects that help 4 years from now.  Would love to take OEL from Phoenix and trade picks with them, for example.  Its a fine line... if he's gonna get fleeced then just take Nail.  (do not want Luke Schenn!)
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 10:17:05 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on April 14, 2012, 10:09:43 PM

Here's hoping Tambellini tries to trade the pick down and get a solid D in addition to a top 10 pick...  Another sniper is fine, but the Oilers need a play-in-every-situation D who can help right now, not some more D prospects that help 4 years from now.  Would love to take OEL from Phoenix and trade picks with them, for example.  Its a fine line... if he's gonna get fleeced then just take Nail.  (do not want Luke Schenn!)

With Tambo's history, he should just draft Nail.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j14xmu
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 03:30:29 AM »

Quote from: gellar on April 14, 2012, 10:17:05 PM

Quote from: Rowdy on April 14, 2012, 10:09:43 PM

With Tambo's history, he should just draft Nail.

Sadly, you're probably right.  Best move the Oil could make this off season would be to get a new GM.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 04:42:41 AM »

Quote from: Devil on April 13, 2012, 06:44:33 PM

Just want to make sure I have a place to go soon.

pr0 - Told you the coach wouldn't work out.

So you did.

No more Sutters in Calgary!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 02:29:44 AM »

Well, I haven't been able to watch much of the past two games, but it looks like my Pens are gonna be getting a swift exit from the postseason this year.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 02:44:07 AM »

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 07:06:55 PM »

Quote from: ScubaV on April 21, 2012, 02:44:07 AM

Hey guys, what's going on in this thread?

We're waiting on Raffi Torres.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 02:35:27 AM »

Hey all. 
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »

If we just called it the 'Leafs Offseason' then we wouldn't have to change the title every year! smile
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »

crybaby
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 09:24:41 PM »

Tomorrow night at around 11:00 EST, I'll be in here just waiting to see Zach Parise's press conference in Detroit.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 10:01:08 PM »

Quote from: Devil on April 23, 2012, 09:24:41 PM

I'll be in here just waiting to see Zach Parise's press conference in Detroit.

I know this is probably going to happen, but man am I going to be angry when it does.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2012, 03:46:59 PM »

Teamradio.ca will have Canucks GM Mike Gillis live at 10:00am PST today on their 1040 channel.  Apparently coach Alain Vigneault won't be speaking as well - which is contrary to what's happened in the past 4 years. This could be interesting. ninja
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »

Quote from Mike Gillis' interview: "I probably spent more time with Codey Hodgson's issues over the past 3 years than all other players combined"  eek  Wow, I had no idea about that and I'd love to know what the issues were. I was under the impression he got along with management and his teammates, but it's sounding like he's possibly a locker room douche. Regardless of what the issues were, knowing that there was so many I'm thinking its good he's no longer a Canuck.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2012, 07:15:30 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 24, 2012, 06:51:17 PM

Quote from Mike Gillis' interview: "I probably spent more time with Codey Hodgson's issues over the past 3 years than all other players combined"  eek  Wow, I had no idea about that and I'd love to know what the issues were. I was under the impression he got along with management and his teammates, but it's sounding like he's possibly a locker room douche. Regardless of what the issues were, knowing that there was so many I'm thinking its good he's no longer a Canuck.

If I recall right, there were injury issues a while back and the GM/agent/player were clashing hard about the handling of the injury. Not sure about the rest of it but that probably didn't ever set him up for success with that organization.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2012, 07:55:22 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on April 24, 2012, 07:15:30 PM

Quote from: kronovan on April 24, 2012, 06:51:17 PM

If I recall right, there were injury issues a while back and the GM/agent/player were clashing hard about the handling of the injury. Not sure about the rest of it but that probably didn't ever set him up for success with that organization.

Nope, don't think Gillis was speaking only about the back injury. That was an issue, but it was dealt with a few years back and it was handled quite publicly in the end. That was also more of a Coach V issue then a Gillis one, as most of the friction was caused by the coach errantly thinking he was qualitfied to make a medical assessment.  Roll Eyes  His father -a true doctor- apparently brow beat him sternly about that.  icon_biggrin They're talking in the media here about a Hodgson camp Vs Canuck management, so its possibly sounding like issues around playtime and team role. I thought the Canucks did well last season before the trade to get him ice time in the correct role, so if that wasn't good enough for him and his operators, c'est la vie. I still really like him and think he's a very promising young gun, so I'm just hoping he isn't carry any negative attitude into the locker room.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 07:09:21 PM »

A website I often frequent -teamradio.ca- has reported that TSN has some  inside info on a pending Luongo trade. Apparently Bobby Lu  has submitted a list of teams he'd waive his no-trade clause for and the Leafs are high on the list. The article text:

TSN is reporting that goalie Roberto Luongo will submit a short list of teams to the Canucks next week that could pave the way for a trade out of Vancouver.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are reportedly one of the teams on that list.

Sportsnetís Dan Murphy tweeted Wednesday night that the Tampa Bay Lightning are also on the list. While Nick Kypreos tweeted early Thursday morning that Luongo had asked the team for a trade in his exit meetings.

Of course the source is TSN and in particular Kypreos, who I always take with a grain pound ton of salt. Still, I won't be surprised if its true and considering Leaf's VP Dave Poulin was the person who brought him to Vancouver, Toronto as a destination could have some clout.  Absolutely awesome if this pans out an it means the Canucks keep Schneider.   icon_biggrin thumbsup

[Edit] Breaking info; GM Mike Gillis has refuted this, albeit he did seem to beat around the bush a bit in his response. Hmm...
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »

I bet Lu goes to the Bolts.  Don't his wife and kids live there?

I could see Yzerman and Lu getting along.  You know wheverever he goes, he's going to want to prove Vancouver wrong.
I like Lu, and I'm a bit sad with the treatment he's recieved in Vancouver.  Hopefully they don't do the same to Corey.

"Goonies never say die"
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 08:10:57 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on April 26, 2012, 07:18:17 PM

I bet Lu goes to the Bolts.  Don't his wife and kids live there?

I think they live in the Greater Miami area (home of the Panthers) which is where Luongo played before the trade to Vancouver. So yeah Tampa Bay is a lot closer, but I've done biz trips to both cities and there's at least a good 200 miles between them.

I like Lu, and I'm a bit sad with the treatment he's recieved in Vancouver.  Hopefully they don't do the same to Corey.
Yep, by far the most skilled goalie the Canucks ever had before Schneid came along - certainly the best record. However, he's quite possibly the Canuck's goalie with the weakest psychological composure too - although Cloutier was pretty damn bad. I don't think Luongo's psych challenges were helped much by him being made captain for a few years by management and I fault them for making things worse.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 10:10:03 PM »

Boston also has an aging goalie ready for trade. Anyone? Toronto? Boston hasn't totally screwed them in a trade in a few years, I think it's time for another.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 11:09:19 AM »

He's going to Toronto. Toronto will yet again clear themselves of any young talent (or future talent) and end up with another overpaid, over-the-hill goaltender who won't be able to make up for the lousy team in front of him.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 01:42:02 PM »

Quote from: Koz on April 26, 2012, 10:10:03 PM

Boston also has an aging goalie ready for trade. Anyone? Toronto? Boston hasn't totally screwed them in a trade in a few years, I think it's time for another.

Thomas should really go to the Caps. Then they could arrange for him to sign his new contract at the White House.   icon_twisted
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »

Lol, apparently Luongo has put the Blackhawks on his list of potential trade teams. Hmm....I'm suspecting he's more bitter about things in Vancouver than 1st thought.   icon_biggrin
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 04:17:52 PM »

Chicago is a great situation for him though - they need a goalie, there is no pressure from an incumbent and the team has the qualities to compete for the cup.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 04:28:02 PM »

I can't see him going to Chicago though - mostly because the fans have ridiculed him there so often. While bringing Lu in could possibly be a OK choice for the team it wouldn't be a very sound move politically for the GM.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:31:19 PM by kronovan » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 04:42:37 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on April 27, 2012, 04:28:02 PM

I can't see him going to Chicago though - mostly because the fans have ridiculed him there so often. While bringing Lu in could possibly be a OK choice for the team it wouldn't be a very sound move politically for the GM.

I think the fans would take him over Crawford right now.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 27, 2012, 04:42:37 PM

Quote from: kronovan on April 27, 2012, 04:28:02 PM

I think the fans would take him over Crawford right now.

Maybe, but I still think he'll end up in Toronto or Tampa Bay. What I'm not sure about is whether the Canucks will have to take a salary in exchange. I'm hearing rumors that a trade to the Leafs could see Cody Franson involved. Having watched him in countless games as the Giants captain I can say he'd fit in very nicely with the Canuck's D corp. I haven't heard any speculations as to what salary might be traded if Lu ended up with the Lightning?
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 05:33:02 PM »

Gillis and Burke hate each other, he won't go to Toronto.

"Goonies never say die"
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on April 27, 2012, 05:33:02 PM

Gillis and Burke hate each other, he won't go to Toronto.

Hate isn't the word I'd use now - at least not since Naslund's number retirement brought them together in Vancouver. Burkie has gone on record as stating the antagonism isn't there anymore. I still thinks there's some dislike, but probably not enough to completely get in the way of a trade. An interesting speculation I heard -albeit it from 2 sports media personalities who aren't really qualified to speculate much- was Luongo to the Panthers for Theodore in exchange. There's rumors about rumblings amongst team management in Sunshine re. the state of their goaltending. Personally I think that's a longshot, but still an interesting speculation. It was his 1st team and he played very well there -  actually probably still their best goalie since he left.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:39:12 PM by kronovan » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 06:03:23 PM »

My guess is still Florida.  It makes way too much sense.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 06:29:42 PM »

Quote from: gellar on April 27, 2012, 06:03:23 PM

+1, close to home and Stevie Y.

No brainer.

"Goonies never say die"
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 06:47:01 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on April 27, 2012, 06:29:42 PM

Quote from: gellar on April 27, 2012, 06:03:23 PM

+1, close to home and Stevie Y.

No brainer.

Florida, not Tampa.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 07:17:33 PM »

Same thing.

"Goonies never say die"
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 07:44:24 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on April 27, 2012, 07:17:33 PM

Same thing.

Nope, Florida as in the Florida Panthers organization located in Sunshine; burb of Miami. Steve Yzerman is with the Tampa Bay Lightning. Luongo or the Canucks have a connnection to all 3 of those teams, so I won't be surprised. Some journalist with one of our local rags -Vancouver Province- speculated that the Devils are in on the Luongo sweepstakes too. I'm sure Devil would just love that.  Tongue
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:01:48 PM by kronovan » Logged
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 08:12:42 PM »

Dude, I was joking.   nod

"Goonies never say die"
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2012, 07:13:21 AM »

Happy Burfday Nicklas Lidstrom. Turns 42 today. May have lost a little in his step the last couple years but there's no denying the skills.

Hopefully he sticks around one more season.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 07:17:41 AM by Kagath » Logged

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: