http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 08:16:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL 2012-13 season thread.  (Read 3921 times)
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2013, 05:40:59 AM »

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2013, 05:47:19 AM »

Quote from: Koz on February 14, 2013, 05:04:41 AM

Matt Cooke claims another victim: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415943

FWIW I don't think it was intentional, but that is a devastating injury.

Yeah I saw that, very nasty and a major blow to the Senators who were already limping as a team. I'm beginning to think that on a subconscious level Cooke can't help himself from causing shit like that. I'm sure it was accidental, but on the other hand it seems pretty damn reckless to make a downward slicing motion with your skate when you're that close in on the boards with another player.

How much yah wanna bet that Don Cherry rags on Cookie next Saturday for being a reckless fool.   icon_twisted
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:40:22 AM by kronovan » Logged
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2013, 05:50:35 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 14, 2013, 05:40:59 AM

Watched the game in the pub tonight and loved it. Heckuva great game for Cammalleri.  slywink thumbsup
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2013, 05:31:32 AM »

Anyone care to venture a guess as to how many games George McPhee has left as GM of the Caps?  I'm thinking that unless things improve significantly, he's gone by half season which is 24 games this year - so 8 more games max.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 28, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »

I realize no one here gives much of a damn about this thread this season, but I had to reactivate it after one of the biggest deadline trades in recent memory. Iggy to the Penguins for a 1st rounder and some rights to unsigned draft choices! Damn, I'll miss watching him play often, but if he can ignite with Crosby like in the 2010 Olympics that could be fun to watch.

Having 2, 1st round picks could be very lucrative for the Flames, but IMO they need to fire Feaster if much of anything is to come of it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 04:12:27 PM by kronovan » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 28, 2013, 06:24:46 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on March 28, 2013, 04:06:44 PM

I realize no one here gives much of a damn about this thread this season, but I had to reactivate it after one of the biggest deadline trades in recent memory. Iggy to the Penguins for a 1st rounder and some rights to unsigned draft choices! Damn, I'll miss watching him play often, but if he can ignite with Crosby like in the 2010 Olympics that could be fun to watch.

Having 2, 1st round picks could be very lucrative for the Flames, but IMO they need to fire Feaster if much of anything is to come of it.

I honestly thought there was no way the Pens would get Iginla after picking up both Morrow and Murray...the amazing thing is that all three trades were made without giving up a single roster player, nor really any top prospects.  Joe Morrow while pretty highly regarded had fallen down the prospect list in the eyes of the Pens due to some lackluster attitude and work ethic, he was at best their 5th best d prospect behind Maata, Puilot, Harrington and Dumoulin.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: March 28, 2013, 10:25:43 PM »

Penguins are an embarrassment of offensive riches now. I still don't trust Fleury enough to proclaim them Stanley Cup champions yet, though. Also when you have so many players coming in to the team there's always the issue of chemistry being affected.

As a Bruins fan, it sucks that we didn't get Iginla even though Calgary said we would. Feaster completely botched the trade, promising Boston (who had a much better package than Pittsburgh) that the trade was done without actually having Iginla waive his NTC. Then Iginla's list of 4 suddenly became a list of 1 and Feaster dumped him for basically nothing. Woops.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2013, 12:46:04 AM »

Quote from: Koz on March 28, 2013, 10:25:43 PM

Penguins are an embarrassment of offensive riches now. I still don't trust Fleury enough to proclaim them Stanley Cup champions yet, though. Also when you have so many players coming in to the team there's always the issue of chemistry being affected.

As a Bruins fan, it sucks that we didn't get Iginla even though Calgary said we would. Feaster completely botched the trade, promising Boston (who had a much better package than Pittsburgh) that the trade was done without actually having Iginla waive his NTC. Then Iginla's list of 4 suddenly became a list of 1 and Feaster dumped him for basically nothing. Woops.

So I am curious, what is the truth on the offer...some places said the 1st round pick was conditional, others said it was not.  I think in the end, Feaster agreed to a deal without clearing it with Iginla.

Fleury is such an enigma...is the real Fleury the one who started this season giving up soft goals left and right, or is it the one who combined with Vokoun has given up only 9 goals in the last 9 games.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »

Offered without comment:

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2013, 05:34:58 PM »

Quote from: Koz on March 28, 2013, 10:25:43 PM

I wouldn't exactly say a 1st round draft pick is nothing, even if it may be the 29th or 30th pick. If Calgary fails to nail, which is what it looks like their planning, with a lottery win they could end up with some solid franchise players. Of course if the picks are soley Feaster's decisions he'll no doubt go with some bizarre long-term projects, confirming once again that he's a GM on drugs.  icon_twisted

As to him not going to the Bruins - thank God! The prospect of Iggy on a team with Marchand is just plain creepy.  icon_evil   Tongue
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:38:28 PM by kronovan » Logged
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2013, 01:29:25 AM »

Hope the Devils are selling on Wednesday.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2013, 02:06:04 PM »

Well, got my playoff ticket. On the glass, right by the home team bench.

Gotta love AHL hockey. Forty bucks to be right on top of it. I'll go back to cheap seats for the rest of the games but it's nice to get on top of it for 10% of what Leafs fans are paying to get in the door.

Oh, also, go CBJ! THERE'S STILL HOPE!

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2013, 02:24:30 PM »

Suck it, LUMBUS!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2013, 05:39:33 PM »

WE ARE ALL #LUMBUS.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »

Think you can pick the winners? Throw me an entry at my NHL Tournament Page.  Entry page will come down when the puck drops tomorrow night.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on April 29, 2013, 05:39:47 PM

Think you can pick the winners?

Nope, but I'd almost bet the mortgage that the Canucks go out 1st round. They've had a pretty mediocre season and I've been anything but impressed with them. I'm bemoaning the fact that they're the only local hockey team that made it to the post season this year.  icon_evil

[Edit] Forgot to mention how much I'm looking forward to Lucic and his Bruins taking on the Leafs.  icon_twisted
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 07:16:53 PM by kronovan » Logged
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2013, 08:34:43 AM »

No posts in this thread since the end of April? Seriously people? What is going on here? The playoffs are on!
I just watched the highlights of the Anaheim/Detroit game. Man, that game was NUTS! I love how games in the US arenas are absolutely off the chart intensity wise. The American fans sure know how to bring it.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 03, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »

I have learned as a Pens fan, that no one ever wants to hear me talk about the Pens...for some reason people on the internet tend to hate my favorite team.

That said I am really like the team that Ray Shero has put together this year, their depth is tremendous.  I feel like they have a great chance of reaching the cup finals this year.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 03, 2013, 12:49:47 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on May 03, 2013, 08:34:43 AM

No posts in this thread since the end of April? Seriously people? What is going on here? The playoffs are on!

We should all be boycotting the NHL anyway because of their dumb lockout.  That combined with the Sharks trading for Raffi Torres had me hang up my NHL interest for this season.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2013, 12:53:41 PM »

This year is the year I finally feel old - I can't both stay up for every night of late games AND be sufficiently productive at work. So I hit a middle ground - gut it out for a period or two, feel tired when I wake up, and also feel bad that I missed exciting endings.

Love the result of Rangers-Caps last night, not too happy with how we got there though - I'm still not 100% sold on Oleksy but with passes like that it's getting harder and harder to believe that he's just an uncannily lucky AHL scratch made good. What I'm hoping is that Lundqvist looks human for 3-4 minutes at a time every game - a little secondary scoring like that Chimera goal is going to make this series much easier than having to gut it out on 1-2 Ovi/Backstrom goals a night.

That Eller hit... man, Diaz owes him about fifty "I'm sorry" fruit baskets for even attempting that pass.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2013, 01:59:56 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on May 03, 2013, 12:53:41 PM

That Eller hit... man, Diaz owes him about fifty "I'm sorry" fruit baskets for even attempting that pass.

I can't for the life of me understand why Gryba is scheduled for a hearing...that was a clean hit.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on May 03, 2013, 01:59:56 PM

I can't for the life of me understand why Gryba is scheduled for a hearing...that was a clean hit.
A report on SB Nation says Gryba is getting a two game suspension.  F' that.  I haven't seen any angle on that play that shows me Gryba did anything wrong.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 03, 2013, 08:32:24 PM »

Quote from: Biyobi on May 03, 2013, 08:28:19 PM

A report on SB Nation says Gryba is getting a two game suspension.  F' that.  I haven't seen any angle on that play that shows me Gryba did anything wrong.

His jersey's not in the top 200 in sales on NHL.com, and he was on the news. That's basically what he did wrong.

Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 03, 2013, 08:49:23 PM »

Quote from: Clanwolfer on May 03, 2013, 08:32:24 PM

Quote from: Biyobi on May 03, 2013, 08:28:19 PM

His jersey's not in the top 200 in sales on NHL.com, and he was on the news. That's basically what he did wrong.

icon_lol
Maybe if we all buy a "Free Gryba" jersey they'll change their minds.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2013, 10:45:26 PM »

Shanahan is big on suspension length being tied directly to the severity of the injury. That's why Ference only got a game for elbowing Grabovski in the head even though that was much more egregious than Gryba's hit. If Eller's face didn't smack the ice I doubt that would have been a penalty let alone a suspension. An unfortunate event for all parties involved.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2013, 02:23:51 AM »

Epic line brawl in the Senators/Canadiens game tonight.

Video here.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2013, 05:14:08 AM »

F the Canucks
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2013, 01:18:33 AM »

Last post May 8? Come on, I thought there were a bunch of hockey fans on this forum!
Go Leafs! End the Bruins!
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2013, 02:13:02 AM »

There are no words.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2013, 02:17:03 AM »

Awesoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome! Leafs gone!
vrinnc
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2013, 04:01:08 AM »

I can't believe the Bruins came back to win that game.  Yay!

The Rangers suck!

Now, go Bruins, Sens, Sharks and of course, Wings!  (Though I won't be very disappointed if the Kings win)
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2013, 05:11:20 PM »

Am I the only 1 here excited about the final?  Two original 6 teams that never faced off against each other in a cup final. I'm a big fan of both Toews and Lucic, so I don't favor either siide, but I'm thinking of the 2 the Bruins are the stronger team. I predict that the Bruins will get it done in 7.
vrinnc
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2013, 02:04:25 PM »

It should be a great series.  I love the Original 6 match up.  I just wish it was the Wings in there.  It's probably just wishful thinking, but I am going with the Bruins in 6. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »

Wow, based on last night's game I convinced more now that is going 7 games. I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series - that was 1 helluva game last night and I was thrilled Lucic was awesome in it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2013, 11:52:47 PM »

That might have been the best hockey game I've seen.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 16, 2013, 03:56:12 PM »

That was another good game, but the Bruins came out very flat in the 1st period - really lucky IMO to only be down 1 goal at the start of the 2nd. I'm thinking if the Bruins keep out hitting by such a wide margin, the Hawks might not able to take the series the distance. Lucic's hits looks to be getting nastier as the games go on and Jargr who can't buy a goal, seems to be more impressive game -to- game too.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 20, 2013, 03:35:29 AM »

Alright, that game was just insane! I can't even remember the last time a cup game had 10 goals scored in it and still went to overtime.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 20, 2013, 04:33:00 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 03, 2013, 12:49:47 PM

We should all be boycotting the NHL anyway because of their dumb lockout. 

I'm a pretty casual hockey fan, but absolutely love the playoffs,  However, the lockout killed any interest I may have had this season.  It'll be the first time in many years that I've gone an entire season without watching a single game.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2013, 02:00:34 AM »

You see, that's the difference between me and probably just about everyone else who's posted in this thread, or its predecessor threads. The NHL is already NOT my primary hockey league for viewing. I watch far more WHL and now AHL games in a season than I do NHL games.  I already think so little of the GM's and players in the NHL, that I'm damned if their inability to do the right thing and not to be self serving asshats is going to prevent me from enjoying one of the best cup finals in years decades. I haven't forked out my own $  to attend a Canucks game in so long, that it's safe to say they and the league lost me long ago.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2013, 02:15:05 AM »

Meanwhile I am notasinglefuckgiven.jpg. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: