http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 09:40:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL 2012-13 season thread.  (Read 4956 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2013, 05:20:24 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on January 07, 2013, 02:44:23 AM

Unfortunately, living in Japan I'm not in any position to boycott the NHL but fuck this season. I hope every arena is a quarter full for the whole season and all of the banana league teams have to fold.

I'd bet with about 99.99% certainty that every game played here in Vancouver gets sold out, or very close to it. In fact  I'd bet that's true for most Canadian cities. I'm afraid the banana league teams have already saved a half season of salaries, so I doubt many will be folding this season. Personally I couldn't give a care, I'll catch the occasional Canucks game on TV and I'll continue to attend Heat and Giants games.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2013, 08:40:15 PM »

Brian Burke axed as Leaf's GM!  Is that the fans in Toronto I hear singing "ding dong the bitch is dead"?
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 01:14:05 AM »

The LA Kings, not only better on the ice than everyone else, but also better off the ice than anyone else:

@LAKings
As a thank you for fans' patience, #LAKings are donating $1 million back to the LA community.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 11, 2013, 01:14:05 AM

The LA Kings, not only better on the ice than everyone else, but also better off the ice than anyone else:

@LAKings
As a thank you for fans' patience, #LAKings are donating $1 million back to the LA community.

They have a long way to go to catch up to the Canucks; the Sedin twins alone donated 1 million to the Childrens Hospital here. The rest of the team floats McDonald House (hospice for terminally ill children and their parents) pretty much on their wallets alone.
But good on Willy, Donut, Brown and the rest of the organization for giving back to the community.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 04:41:49 PM by kronovan » Logged
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2013, 05:05:28 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on January 11, 2013, 04:29:22 PM

@LAKings

They have a long way to go to catch up to the Canucks; the Sedin twins alone donated 1 million to the Childrens Hospital here. The rest of the team floats McDonald House (hospice for terminally ill children and their parents) pretty much on their wallets alone.
But good on Willy, Donut, Brown and the rest of the organization for giving back to the community.

The truth of the matter is many teams and players within the hockey world do considerable good work in the communities, I don't think we need to get into a pissing match about who does more, but rather be proud of a sport that does so much to give back.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 11, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on January 11, 2013, 05:05:28 PM

Quote from: kronovan on January 11, 2013, 04:29:22 PM

@LAKings

The truth of the matter is many teams and players within the hockey world do considerable good work in the communities, I don't think we need to get into a pissing match about who does more, but rather be proud of a sport that does so much to give back.

Fair enough, its just that their public generosity is 1 of the few things I like about the Canucks these days. As well, getting into a pissing match does allow us to highlight those  players and organizations that are notable in in their generosity with $ and time. Lest we ever forget there's the other side of the coin - cheap ass players like Yashin, who promise a million and only follow through on a fraction of it. Here's to you Alexi!  finger
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2013, 02:21:43 AM »

And to correct the misconception, this is the Kings ownership (AEG) and McDonalds donating $1M on TOP of their normal community outreach (of which many of the Kings are huge contributors of) as their penance for the lockout.  This isn't PR for business as usual.  This isn't the players doing their normal thing (which is great, btw).  This is the Kings going 'instead of giving you bullshit like email apologies, $.50 concessions, etc... we are going to donate an additional $1M to charity as an apology.'  This is by far the best apology from a team that I've seen and makes any qualms I had (I had very little, to be honest) of supporting this organization after the lockout disappear.  Good on them.

I wish every team did this.  It's the right thing to do.

Also, 2011-2012 Stanley Cup.  Hi!
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2013, 03:42:09 AM »

Guys. GUYS. Why are you even arguing? Your teams are minor league compared to what Jeremy Jacobs is doing. He's giving THREE FREE (non-alcoholic) CONCESSIONS to each fan for every game in January. I'm buying a ticket to every game because there's no way I will ever get three free $10 hot dogs again.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2013, 03:56:29 AM »

Quote from: Koz on January 14, 2013, 03:42:09 AM

Guys. GUYS. Why are you even arguing? Your teams are minor league compared to what Jeremy Jacobs is doing. He's giving THREE FREE (non-alcoholic) CONCESSIONS to each fan for every game in January. I'm buying a ticket to every game because there's no way I will ever get three free $10 hot dogs again.

biggrin
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2013, 05:07:39 AM »

I just want to know what GameCenter will be doing.  There's still no update from them.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »

Jeremy Jacobs, he's our man, if he can't do it...

Oh, fuck it.   icon_twisted

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 14, 2013, 05:07:39 AM

I just want to know what GameCenter will be doing.  There's still no update from them.

Got an email this morning:  For your convenience, your annual subscription will be automatically renewed on January 21, 2013 at the one-time price of $49.99USD with the credit card you have on file.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 05:42:35 PM »

$50?  That's awesome.  Now I'm just waiting for my email to show up.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 08:06:52 PM »

WOW that's pretty dam sad! Even the cubic millimeter of generosity Mr. Jacobs is offering, would evaporate for me with the Non-Alcoholic part!  icon_twisted The Canucks have so many automatons/fans dying to see a game, that I'm betting about all they'll offer is opening the doors 5 minutes earlier so the die-hards won't have to stand out in the cold so long.   Roll Eyes  The Canuck's Management are so pwnd by the Abbotsford Heat and Vancouver Giants in fan appreciation, it's not even funny.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 08:08:59 PM by kronovan » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 09:21:32 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on January 14, 2013, 05:42:35 PM

The funny thing I wasn't even going to bother with Game Center this year since my travel is down and I have Center Ice at home... but at $50 whatever, I'll keep it.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »

Center Ice details via Twitter:

@EricFisherSBJ
NHL Center Ice to be $50 on InDemand, $60 via DirecTV. Price is a break, even on prorrated basis, on old full season price of $172.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2013, 12:08:43 AM »

Quote from: gellar on January 14, 2013, 09:21:32 PM

The funny thing I wasn't even going to bother with Game Center this year since my travel is down and I have Center Ice at home... but at $50 whatever, I'll keep it.

I switched to GameCenter over Center Ice because of the lack of HD options on cable.  HD hockey wins for me.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on January 15, 2013, 12:08:43 AM

I switched to GameCenter over Center Ice because of the lack of HD options on cable.  HD hockey wins for me.

Heh - I moved to DirecTV years ago because when Comcast started carrying HD Center Ice feeds, they went full retard and still only offered 10 channels.  The first ten channels.  One of which was HD, one was SD... so five games.  So any of the PST start games were... actually not at all available on Comcast.  AT ALL.  Idiots.

DirecTV gives me every Center Ice channel, home/away feeds, all in HD if available (so for some reason, not one of the Canadian broadcasters).  I wish I could consolidate on just GameCenter (mobile/traveling is great, as is the condensed games), but I found their video feed less optimal versus Center Ice when I was watching on my TV, which I guess is to be expected.  Also I found Game Center had weird outages last year, whereas Center Ice was rock solid.

Anyway I'm glad they discounted things as heavily as they did.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2013, 03:19:47 AM »

I'm all over that Gamecenter! I'm assuming ill be out of market for Avs games living in Hawaii.

But to be safe, is there a way to check what market you are good for?

Sent from me cool phone

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2013, 04:07:05 AM »

Quote from: gellar on January 15, 2013, 12:28:40 AM

Quote from: pr0ner on January 15, 2013, 12:08:43 AM

Heh - I moved to DirecTV years ago because when Comcast started carrying HD Center Ice feeds, they went full retard and still only offered 10 channels.  The first ten channels.  One of which was HD, one was SD... so five games.  So any of the PST start games were... actually not at all available on Comcast.  AT ALL.  Idiots.

DirecTV gives me every Center Ice channel, home/away feeds, all in HD if available (so for some reason, not one of the Canadian broadcasters).  I wish I could consolidate on just GameCenter (mobile/traveling is great, as is the condensed games), but I found their video feed less optimal versus Center Ice when I was watching on my TV, which I guess is to be expected.  Also I found Game Center had weird outages last year, whereas Center Ice was rock solid.

Anyway I'm glad they discounted things as heavily as they did.

Unfortunately, where I live, my only TV option is Cox Cable, so it's GameCenter or nothing if I want out of market games in HD.  Unless they've added HD capability in the last few months and I've missed out on it.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 04:18:42 AM »

I am spending an exorbitant amount of money to watch a piece of cloth be raised to the roof of a building on Saturday.

Can't wait!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2013, 07:41:10 PM »

I'm not a Caps fan, but I'm going to their home opener next Tuesday anyway.

faide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2013, 06:23:25 AM »

Quote from: gellar on January 15, 2013, 04:18:42 AM

I am spending an exorbitant amount of money to watch a piece of cloth be raised to the roof of a building on Saturday.

Can't wait!

I live down here in So Cal and would have LOVED to have gone, but the tickets were just a bit too pricey and sold out very fast.   Have a blast at the event!!!  Post some pics as I will have to live vicariously through you!

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2013, 06:42:29 AM »

Just put down my $50 on Gamecenter today.

In case anyone needs to know for reference, The Kings and Ducks are blacked out in Maui.

Excited to see what the young Avs can do.

Sent from me cool phone

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »

Wings!

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2013, 11:53:24 PM »

Can't wait!

How's that cup defense going, Kings?
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2013, 03:12:08 AM »

Good to know the Wings haven't lost their step from last year... Roll Eyes

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:01 AM »

... and the Jets are back in the swing of things. disgust

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2013, 04:58:38 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on January 20, 2013, 03:12:08 AM

Good to know the Wings haven't lost their step from last year... Roll Eyes

Yeesh.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »

1st period:  Wow, the Avs look pretty good.
2nd period:  Oh, good lord!!!!  How do you collapse that quickly?
3rd period:  I'll keep watching, but I know you're not coming back to win.

All the penalties the Avs got in the second period were just back breaking.  Two double minors during the second period.  I think they basically had something like 12 minutes of penalties in the period.  Also were down 5-3 with two men in the box and got scored on there.

Not expecting great things this year, but was hoping for better than that undisciplined mess.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »

Anyone know how long after a game has finished it is available to watch on Gamecenter?

I was hoping to watch the Avs replay last night when I got home and it wasn't available to view. For that matter, no game except the Senators was available.

Anyone know?

Sent from me cool phone

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2013, 07:19:49 PM »

Quote from: kratz on January 19, 2013, 11:53:24 PM

Can't wait!

How's that cup defense going, Kings?

I don't think I've ever cared about the result of a regular season hockey game less than I did about this one:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s15/sh/bd7936d6-996d-4e22-828a-b296878f04b0/80b4a320be1ce431c505e9ba71f05799

That being said, at least we aren't the Wings or Canucks!
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2013, 02:21:03 AM »

Wild look pretty good on the attack... this could be a big year for them.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2013, 09:53:15 PM »

Dammit! Sharks take out Landeskog!

And way to have a body on the leagues leading scorer in front of the net on a PP!

Kidding me!

Sent from me cool phone

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2013, 02:24:05 AM »

No Marty for you tomorrow night, Kozy-cakes.  icon_frown

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »

5 games in and boy are the Avs awful. 7 pp goals given up the last 2 games.

I mean just awful.

Sent from me cool phone

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2013, 12:57:36 AM »

Meh, I always say wait 20 games into a season before you start getting excited about or bemoaning your team's performance. This season is only 48 games long so make that 12 games now. So with that in mind, most teams aren't even half way to that number yet. It's a short season, but there's still lots of hockey left.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2013, 09:10:27 PM »

Go Wings. What's the deal Blues? You kicked our asses good on opening night.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »

Buffalo Sabres, cellar dwelling in their division with more games played than everyone else, and 12th in the conference, with those below having 1-2 games in hand. 

This season does not appear promising. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2013, 05:04:41 AM »

Matt Cooke claims another victim: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=415943

FWIW I don't think it was intentional, but that is a devastating injury.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: