http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:38:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NHL 2010 Season is off and running! (Except for Devil, where it is already over)  (Read 35767 times)
Arkon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2010, 05:48:04 PM »

Today was the first day of training camp for the Penguins.  They had 4 work out sessions with different groups of players as well as a scrimmage.  Practice was open to the public and was the brand new Consol Energy Center.

Man is that place beautiful.  There were somewhere in the neighborhood of 8,000 fans in attendance, possibly more.  The atmosphere was electric, and I can not wait for the puck to drop.  The penguins have drastically improved their defense, and have also added additional grit.  Having a line with both Aaron Asham and Matt Cooke on it will be brutal for the opposition.

Will hopefully be able to post some pics and vids later.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 04:38:21 PM by Arkon » Logged
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 01:22:19 AM »

Sounds nice!

Marty was quoted today saying that the Devils are looking more big picture this year and not going to kill themselves for every regular season point. About time!

Also, Kovy is playing wing on a line with Parise and Zajac.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:27:39 PM »

GO WINGS!  icon_twisted

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:23:03 PM »

SHARKS!
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 12:24:25 AM »

LEAFS!  ninja
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »

Optimistic for the Kings to do a bit more damage in the playoffs this year, but I don't yet think there is enough scoring and defensive depth to consider them to be cup challengers.  I'd consider making it to the WC Finals a huge success.

I do expect Kopitar and Doughty to step up from 'pretty good' to Superstar status though.  That has to happen.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 01:00:32 AM »

I took my son to the Avs open scrimmage this morning and had alot of fun.   Very cool to get to see the team scrimmage and play up close and personal for free!

Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 01:59:05 AM »

Actually going to make it to a couple of Flyers games this year, although I anticipate some trouble on the home front. My wife is not a sports fan and my hockey nut friend is female. saywhat

Looks like I'll be buying jewelry as well as hockey tickets. retard
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 03:25:31 AM »

As I said in the other thread, I'm more optimistic about this season's Canucks than I have been in 2 decades. I for one are one very happy fan that Bobby Lu will no longer be wearing the 'C' - can't wait to see who wears it next. I'm very curious to see how Hamhuis and Ballard fill in on the blue line and if they can make up for the loss of Mitchell. With a better defensive core -at least on paper- the pressure's on Bobby Lu to show he's the right man to be between the pipes. If this defense can do a better job of clearing traffic around the net, I'm confident he'll get the job done. I'll be content if they get to the WC final, although I suspect since they haven't been to the final for 16 seasons, that very few other fans will be.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 01:19:36 PM »

I managed to get a video I shot on my iPhone uploaded to YouTube from the Pens first day of training camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bStexhyeNH0
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 12:18:06 AM »

Quote from: gellar on September 20, 2010, 12:42:08 AM

Optimistic for the Kings to do a bit more damage in the playoffs this year, but I don't yet think there is enough scoring and defensive depth to consider them to be cup challengers.  I'd consider making it to the WC Finals a huge success.

I do expect Kopitar and Doughty to step up from 'pretty good' to Superstar status though.  That has to happen.

It better. I have Kopitar in my Head to Head pool and Doughty is one of my keepers in my keeper pool.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 03:45:55 AM »

Ticket to Caps Con - ordered.

Devils season ticket package - arrived.

Fantasy draft tomorrow - organized.

Devils jersey - cleaned and hanging up for first preseason game at the Rock on Saturday.

Was great to have hockey back on TV tonight.  Can't wait for preseason to wrap up!  Still so many preseason storylines left unresolved, though... Souray's destination, Lou's cap-crunch-clearing moves, Caps 2C/3C competition, and the glut of unsigned UFAs...

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2010, 04:31:47 AM »

You're a Caps fan but you own a Devils jersey? That's like Devil owning a Bruins jersey.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2010, 11:29:09 AM »

Quote from: Koz on September 22, 2010, 04:31:47 AM

You're a Caps fan but you own a Devils jersey? That's like Devil owning a Bruins jersey.

It's that or not wear a jersey to any Devils games where they aren't playing the Caps. Sometimes it's okay to compromise your principles to fit in better. As long as it doesn't result in wearing a Rangers or Red Wings jersey.  icon_twisted

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2010, 02:06:58 PM »

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »

Can't wait, I am going to the Pens preseason game tonight against those Red Wings bastards.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2010, 03:43:36 PM »

I know it's just preseason, but the Flames beat the Canucks yesterday.  TWICE.

icon_biggrin

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on September 22, 2010, 02:55:19 PM

Can't wait, I am going to the Pens preseason game tonight against those Red Wings bastards.
Them thar's fightin' words!  icon_cool

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2010, 07:23:31 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on September 22, 2010, 06:59:01 PM

All I can say is I hope this is a very early preview of the cup finals... We need a tie breaker.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on September 22, 2010, 07:23:31 PM

All I can say is I hope this is a very early preview of the cup finals... We need a tie breaker.

HaHaHaHaHaHa!

ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 08:07:28 PM »

It wouldn't be a preview anyway.  Babcock's not playing Lidstrom, Rafalski, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, and I think Holmstrom.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 08:12:37 PM »

Quote from: Devil on September 22, 2010, 07:52:35 PM

Quote from: Arkon on September 22, 2010, 07:23:31 PM

HaHaHaHaHaHa!

I like the Pens chances better than the Devils chances this year.

icon_surprised
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »

Buffalo reveals their new jerseys

New 3rd jersey?  Yellow name tape on the back of a blue jersey?  puke

And enough with the stripes!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 02:20:13 AM »

Well that was a fun 5-1 win over the Red Wings.  Hopefully Franzen isn't hurt badly.  At full speed it honestly didn't even look like Orpik connected with him, but clearly from the aftermath he did.
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 02:46:20 AM »

I can't wait for the Youtube vids.  I didn't see the game, but apparently Bertuzzi beat down Orpik for kneeing and Downey got in a fight as well.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 02:52:27 AM »

Bruins beat the Habs 4-2, but to be fair Montreal did have their backup in most of the game. Once Sanford came in they settled down. icon_lol
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 03:17:34 AM »

As a heads up, the NHL Network is showing an asston of preseason games.  One live a night, and a bunch on tape delay.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 09:32:52 AM »

Quote from: ScubaV on September 23, 2010, 02:46:20 AM

I can't wait for the Youtube vids.  I didn't see the game, but apparently Bertuzzi beat down Orpik for kneeing and Downey got in a fight as well.

Bertuzzi pretty much just gave Orpik a big bear hug.  Like I said, at full speed, watching it live, it looked like Orpik didn't even connect knee on knee with Franzen, but I could definitely see him sticking out his leg when he realized he was going to miss his check.

Downey got his ass kicked big time.
DocD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »

Go Kings Go!

Going to enjoy watching them play in Vegas this year.  icon_smile
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 10:07:24 PM »

Quote from: DocD on September 23, 2010, 09:37:48 PM

Go Kings Go!

Going to enjoy watching them play in Vegas this year.  icon_smile

Tonight's game is streaming on LAkings.com, FYI.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2010, 10:12:08 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on September 23, 2010, 02:20:13 AM

Well that was a fun 5-1 win over the Red Wings.  Hopefully Franzen isn't hurt badly.  At full speed it honestly didn't even look like Orpik connected with him, but clearly from the aftermath he did.

I'm not sure I'd call the team that played the Red Wings, necessarily... or get too excited about beating it.  Franzen was the only A list player on the ice...

I didn't see any of the goals, so I don't know what the situation was, but I am not in principle stoked that Osgood let in 5 on 27...
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2010, 11:06:48 PM »

Quote from: kratz on September 23, 2010, 10:12:08 PM

Quote from: Arkon on September 23, 2010, 02:20:13 AM

I'm not sure I'd call the team that played the Red Wings, necessarily... or get too excited about beating it.  Franzen was the only A list player on the ice...

I didn't see any of the goals, so I don't know what the situation was, but I am not in principle stoked that Osgood let in 5 on 27...

Pittsburgh did play quite a few of their stars (Crosby, Malkin, Orpik, Fluery) in part due to it being the first game at the new arena.  I am certainly under no illusions, tho that said at least half of the team they played last night will not be in Pittsburgh come opening night, so it isn't like they played their starting roster either.

I wish I could find a video of the Orpik hit on Franzen.  As I said earlier it happened so fast, and from where I was sitting up high I honestly didn't even think he made contact, but was just reading Franzen may miss 3 or 4 games.  Hate to see anyone hurt in the preseason.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »

Just out of curiosity, I saw a screenshot of the Air Canada Centre during the Leafs-Flyers game and the ice was absolutely littered with ads!! It looked like a rink in some European league!  I've been away from hockey for a while now-is this how things have become?  I could believe a rink being besmirched like this in some second-rate hockey town like Atlanta but Toronto? I honestly couldn't even tell that it was the Leafs rink.  Since when has the Maple Leaf at centre ice been replaced with a ginormous Labbats symbol?  Tell me that all this shit is going to disappear when the regular season starts.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »

Oh wait I finally get that huge thing in the middle-that's the London Knights of the OHL.  OK never mind.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2010, 04:46:49 PM »

Looks like I was wrong. Based on a presser this morning it sounds like Savard will be out a large part of the season. Looks like Seguin gets to play center after all.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 05:32:45 PM »

Tough break for the Wild. Josh Harding out for the season after a collision in the crease takes out both his MCL and ACL. Sounds like they're going to give Khudobin a chance before they pick up the phone and call a UFA, though.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2010, 10:13:12 PM »

God - there are times when I love, love, LOVE Sean Avery:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/aggressive_avery_makes_big_impact_bMkTpbFyhJT7AK7Dgdr7MM#ixzz10eBghrEp

But Avery said referee Paul Devorksi told him that he had gotten his 10-minute misconduct for going after a superstar.
"He specifically told me I got it because [Kovalchuk] is a superstar, and I can't go after a superstar," Avery said of the dialog that took place in the box with 9:07 to go in the second. "I told him I make $4 million. I'm a superstar, too."

LOL.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 11:12:19 PM »

Quote from: gellar on September 27, 2010, 10:13:12 PM

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/aggressive_avery_makes_big_impact_bMkTpbFyhJT7AK7Dgdr7MM#ixzz10eBghrEp

But Avery said referee Paul Devorksi told him that he had gotten his 10-minute misconduct for going after a superstar.
"He specifically told me I got it because [Kovalchuk] is a superstar, and I can't go after a superstar," Avery said of the dialog that took place in the box with 9:07 to go in the second. "I told him I make $4 million. I'm a superstar, too."

LOL.

Would have been even funnier if he told Devorski since you aren't a superstar, you are next.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2010, 01:35:50 AM »

Quote from: gellar on September 27, 2010, 10:13:12 PM

LOL.

Add that to the list of mistakes made by the Rangers.

That must make Redden an Ultra-Superstar!

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2010, 01:53:13 AM »

I dunno, Avery at his current cap hit is not a bad deal at all ($1.9M).  Dallas is paying for half of the $4M due to him coming in on reverse waivers.  I'd take Avery at $1.9M.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: