http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 08:57:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Week 2  (Read 5542 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »

Goddammit.  I lost my game by 1.5 pts.

gellar
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2008, 03:39:01 PM »

I was definitely pleased by the outcome of last night's game, but I can't say I was impressed by the Dallas defense. They are still making a ridiculous amount of stupid penalties and seemed unable to make a tackle at times. The amount of pressure they put on McNabb definitely improved as the game went on, but I have concerns. Offense and special teams look good.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »

I wonder if next week's Dallas/Green Bay game will have the same gravity as their game did last year.  I think that will be a good game to watch, and perfect for Sunday Night Football.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2008, 07:06:38 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 16, 2008, 05:05:38 AM

Quote from: gellar on September 16, 2008, 03:22:39 AM

Quote from: godhugh on September 16, 2008, 03:18:39 AM

My god, the MNF announcers are just terrible.

Jaws is awesome.  The other two range from meh to SUCK.

gellar

I like Jaws also.  Turico is not so bad.  Kornheiser is the WORST announcer MNF has EVER had!

Joe Theismann says hi.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2008, 12:08:19 AM »

Seems like Deshawn Who? has a history of doing moronic things...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/6831254#6831254
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2008, 01:54:45 AM »

Quote from: naednek on September 17, 2008, 12:08:19 AM

Seems like Deshawn Who? has a history of doing moronic things...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/22825103/vp/6831254#6831254

As I said at GamingTrend, I actually think this is a valuable and humbling lesson for Jackson.  And while some may express concern about his character or potential to become another overconfident T.O., I think Jackson is in the right place to learn about discipline, respect for the game, and how to properly conduct himself both on and off the field.  Rarely will you ever hear an Eagle say something inappropriate during a press conference (outside of T.O.'s short time in Philly).  Rarely will you see on-field antics embarassing to the team.  And almost never will you see poor off-field situations damaging to the team or the organization.  And you can rest assured that Philadelphia's veterans and coaching staff won't stand for it.

While it may be the "in" thing to continue to ride Jackson for his mistake, what few are recognizing is that while he made a poor decision, he still had two back-to-back 100+ yard games.  As a rookie.  He shows promise, and with some proper direction and coaching he could amount to quite a player.  While it is very early to tell, he certainly has impressed thus far.  And I think the constant replay of his mistake on every sports and news program across the United States, not to mention that it took place on Monday Night Football, I would be surprised to see a repeat of this offense, at least while Jackson is still wearing Eagles green.  I think an overconfident rookie had one of the most humbling experiences of his career, and fortunately early in his career.

While Jackson's mistake showed poor judgement, it was a youthful mistake, and I'll take a premature endzone celebration over problems with drugs, alcohol, riding a motorcycle without a helmet, etc.  Overall, with all of the hype surrounding Dallas' chances to advance to the Super Bowl (despite having not won a playoff game since 1996  icon_wink), and little attention being paid to a competitive Philadelphia team, the Eagles stuck with Dallas throughout the game and a few costly mistakes determined the outcome.  I can't be too terribly disappointed with Philadelphia's performance, and I would much rather have the loss and learning experience happen now, early in the season.  And, hopefully they'll come out strong next week as I will be at the game.   

It's tough to be upset with the Eagles, even with a loss to Dallas.  They looked pretty good and showed Dallas that while sportswriters are already handing them the NFC East title, there are still other teams that may have different plans.  I was pretty pissed last night following the game, but the more I think about it the better I feel about it.  Although I still didn't go to work today.  I didn't really feel like it and waking up to another "Poocasso" incident with Nala didn't help, either.

It was a tough loss, but not a bad loss.  They have a great deal of potential and if some problems on defense are addressed Philadelphia is going to be tough to beat, as they've already shown on one of the biggest stages against one of the top teams in the NFL.  Perhaps the Eagles are as good as they've played so far.  I wouldn't count them out yet.  We still have 14 games to go.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 02:01:25 AM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2008, 02:17:16 AM »

To be honest, both teams showed they have defensive issues.  We'll have to see how it goes as the season progresses, but if I was a fan of either team I'd be concerned.  Dallas fans can at least point to their defense keeping Philly largely contained in the second half, while Philly fans have an entire game of defensive struggles to be concerned about.

At this very early point, I'd argue the Giants are better than either team.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2008, 03:35:40 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock
And I think the constant replay of his mistake on every sports and news program across the United States, not to mention that it took place on Monday Night Football, I would be surprised to see a repeat of this offense, at least while Jackson is still wearing Eagles green.

Pete, his mistake was a repeat offense.  That being said,I hope the Eagles can rein him in.  Assuming that's the height of his indiscretions, more power to you. 

Other than that, I agree with you.  I would be just as happy with my team losing in that fashion as I am with Buffalo winning in theirs this week.  McNabb still has to get used to being healthy.  I think the Eagles have the ability to make some adjustments and run the table on the rest of the division from here on out.  The Dallas rematch won't be a cakewalk by any means, but Philly has the potential to pull it together.  Any other team I have seen highlights from so far would have been crushed under their onslaught. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2008, 03:59:04 AM »

Quote from: Sarkus on September 17, 2008, 02:17:16 AM

To be honest, both teams showed they have defensive issues.  We'll have to see how it goes as the season progresses, but if I was a fan of either team I'd be concerned.  Dallas fans can at least point to their defense keeping Philly largely contained in the second half, while Philly fans have an entire game of defensive struggles to be concerned about.

At this very early point, I'd argue the Giants are better than either team.

tough argument to make... not one I'd argue against.... Then again, maybe the giants are just under-rated and could repeat as SB champs.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2008, 01:58:23 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 17, 2008, 01:54:45 AM

As I said at GamingTrend

icon_lol
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2008, 03:30:15 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on September 17, 2008, 01:58:23 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on September 17, 2008, 01:54:45 AM

As I said at GamingTrend

icon_lol

icon_confused

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: