http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 10:25:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Week 13  (Read 1715 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »

Trying to find a home for Matt Cassel next year...

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »

Go Niners!
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 12:13:01 AM »

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. .  And the funny thing is, niners took out the bills out of the playoffs (nothing official, but more than likely), and they also kept them in the NFC West Division Title biggrin (wishful thinking)
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 12:36:45 AM »

definition of inconsistent = Denver Broncos

How do you go from losing at home to the Raiders and then spanking the Jets in NY after they just beat the undefeated Titans? Great game for Denver. With San Diego losing that should wrap up the AFC West.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 12:38:37 AM »

Quote from: naednek on December 01, 2008, 12:13:01 AM

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME. .  And the funny thing is, niners took out the bills out of the playoffs (nothing official, but more than likely), and they also kept them in the NFC West Division Title biggrin (wishful thinking)

Don't give the 9ers too much credit for the bills being out of the the playoffs. The bills lost their season in Miami about 6 weeks ago.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 12:40:16 AM »

Way to go Cassel. Way to go.

I hate the Steelers.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 12:47:49 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on December 01, 2008, 12:40:16 AM

I hate the Steelers.

The way your Bengals laid down against the Ravens, I applaud you for sitting through a second NFL game today.  That your Television still functions is a testament to your restraint.

Done posting
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 12:52:06 AM »

Quote from: Devil on November 25, 2008, 01:38:00 PM

Trying to find a home for Matt Cassel next year...

I'm doubting that it will be in the AFC North.  Glad we finally put a hard lick on your boys.

Done posting
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 01:09:20 AM »

Quote from: the Nightbreeze on December 01, 2008, 12:47:49 AM

Quote from: Thin_J on December 01, 2008, 12:40:16 AM

I hate the Steelers.

The way your Bengals laid down against the Ravens, I applaud you for sitting through a second NFL game today.  That your Television still functions is a testament to your restraint.

Wait, I'm not the only Bengals fan in the world?
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 01:28:26 AM »

Hey the Chefs won! Amazing, all this will do is give Herm false hope he is doing something right, and keep this misery moving for more years to come. At least I have the Crimson Tide to make me feel good this season. Thank god for College Football.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 12:45:41 PM »

Finally a week where the Steelers actually look like a good team!

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on December 01, 2008, 12:45:41 PM

Finally a week where the Steelers actually look like a good team!

No shit!  I can't remember the last time I was actually happy after a Steelers/Patriots game.  It will be a good week!

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 12:21:35 AM »

I was freezing and soaked. Left at halftime. So happy I did.

(now you can all tell me I'm not a real fan)

In other news, the "Trade Brady" talk has died down.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 02:06:16 AM »

What the deuce are the Texans wearing?
ScubaV

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 03:54:13 AM »

That flushes the Packers season down the toilet.  Though if you could quantify suck, the NFC North probably has more than the next 2 or 3 worst divisions combined.... so anything's possible.  They need to fire their defensive coordinator, special teams coach, punter, and get two new lines.

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 04:07:57 AM »

Quote from: Devil on December 02, 2008, 12:21:35 AM

(now you can all tell me I'm not a real fan)

I don't have to.  You already know.   icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 04:13:31 AM »

F-You, Petsey and your whole ONE TEAM, NFL alliance.

What are you thinking?!  icon_wink

I would leave again in a second!!

I said it before - It's a throwaway season for the Pats. Just too banged up to make any real noise.

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »

Quote from: Devil on December 02, 2008, 04:13:31 AM

I said it before - It's a throwaway season for the Pats. Just too banged up to make any real noise.

Good teams rise above injuries.

Just sayin...

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 01:01:56 PM »

With those injuries - They fail to qualify as a good team anymore.

10-11 wins won't be bad, but I have higher expectations.

No ring with the team they had last year. No chance of one this year.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 01:22:34 PM »

10 Wins won't get the Ravens into the playoffs.  We need to win three more game and I'm finding it hard to find three wins

The Ravens have

Redskins - win
@Cowboys - lose (this is the final game at the stadium.  The cowboys would need lay a massive egg fr the Ravens to win)
@Steelers - This is a hard one for me to call.  The Ravens - Steelers have a special kind of Hate for each other, so the outcome for this one is hard to call
Jaguars - Win

So for the Ravens to get in the need to beat either the Cowboys or Steelers....

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 02:54:55 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 02, 2008, 01:22:34 PM

10 Wins won't get the Ravens into the playoffs.  We need to win three more game and I'm finding it hard to find three wins

The Ravens have

Redskins - win
@Cowboys - lose (this is the final game at the stadium.  The cowboys would need lay a massive egg fr the Ravens to win)
@Steelers - This is a hard one for me to call.  The Ravens - Steelers have a special kind of Hate for each other, so the outcome for this one is hard to call
Jaguars - Win

So for the Ravens to get in the need to beat either the Cowboys or Steelers....

The are all winnable games, they are all also very losable. All four teams are either hit or miss. The Redskins have been garbage lately, but also were a very tough team early in the year. But, given that it's a home game for the Ravens, they should win. The Cowboys and Steelers are up and down. Both teams at times play like the best in the league, and other times they play like complete crap. The Jaguars under perform week in and week out. The Ravens should win, but the Jaguars have a tendency to lose the games they should win, and win the games they shouldn't...

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »

Redskins - win
@Cowboys - Lose
@Steelers - Win
Jaguars - Win

That's how I can see it going. But he's right. They're all winnable and all losable.  A pissed off Jaguars team could totally show up and play the spoiler in that last game.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 03:22:39 PM »

THIS is an awesome page to look at if you are a Steeler or Raven fan.

icon_biggrin

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 03:27:19 PM »

The Panthers are without a doubt the worst 9-3 team I've ever seen. How the hell Jake Delhomme has remained consistent enough to win 9 games is completely beyond me. They must be slipping steroids in his Bojangles biscuits.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 05:13:50 PM »

And yet it has been an even worse season for Philadelphia, and yet we all pack our Eagles bar here in Phoenix week after week after week.  The owner even offered to open the bar on Thanksgiving just for our game as they were otherwise closed for the holiday.  But everyone opted to watch from home with family. 

Granted, it's not below freezing and raining out here, but the sting of a bad game still resonates whenever Philadelphia falls short.  And we always stay until the end.

I will forever harass you about your multi-team allegiances as it is such an alien concept I don't think I will ever be able to comprehend.  Add on top of that your leaving a game before it is even over (and at halftime no less), and my brain could potentially assplode.   icon_wink

My wife and I experienced one of the best games I've ever seen in 2005 when Philadelphia defeated San Diego by blocking a last-minute field goal and returning it for a touchdown to win 20-17.  The Chargers were up 17-13 and were about to kick a fieldgoal to go up by a touchdown.  The entire stadium cleared out to the point where I had a clear path from our seats to the endzone.  And never before in Eagles history have they blocked a kick for a touchdown.  And yet Quentin Mikell blocked the field goal and Matt Ware returned it 65 yards for a TD to go ahead 20-17 with little time left on the clock.  We ran with Ware from our seats through the stands all the way to the endzone screaming the entire way.  It was one of the most exciting moments I've ever experienced in-person at a game.  And it was the first time in Philadelphia Eagles history that a blocked fieldgoal was returned for a touchdown.  While the Steelers/Patriots game didn't end in quite the same way, by leaving early you miss potential experiences just like that one.

But I can understand that your vagina was a little chilly and damp and so leaving early was the only option for you.   icon_twisted 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2008, 05:35:47 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on December 02, 2008, 02:57:20 PM

Redskins - win
@Cowboys - Lose
@Steelers - Win
Jaguars - Win

That's how I can see it going. But he's right. They're all winnable and all losable.  A pissed off Jaguars team could totally show up and play the spoiler in that last game.

@ Steelers, win for the Ravens?

Bwahahahahaha.  No chance in hell.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 08:24:13 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 02, 2008, 05:13:50 PM

And yet it has been an even worse season for Philadelphia, and yet we all pack our Eagles bar here in Phoenix week after week after week.  The owner even offered to open the bar on Thanksgiving just for our game as they were otherwise closed for the holiday.  But everyone opted to watch from home with family. 

Granted, it's not below freezing and raining out here, but the sting of a bad game still resonates whenever Philadelphia falls short.  And we always stay until the end.

I will forever harass you about your multi-team allegiances as it is such an alien concept I don't think I will ever be able to comprehend.  Add on top of that your leaving a game before it is even over (and at halftime no less), and my brain could potentially assplode.   icon_wink

My wife and I experienced one of the best games I've ever seen in 2005 when Philadelphia defeated San Diego by blocking a last-minute field goal and returning it for a touchdown to win 20-17.  The Chargers were up 17-13 and were about to kick a fieldgoal to go up by a touchdown.  The entire stadium cleared out to the point where I had a clear path from our seats to the endzone.  And never before in Eagles history have they blocked a kick for a touchdown.  And yet Quentin Mikell blocked the field goal and Matt Ware returned it 65 yards for a TD to go ahead 20-17 with little time left on the clock.  We ran with Ware from our seats through the stands all the way to the endzone screaming the entire way.  It was one of the most exciting moments I've ever experienced in-person at a game.  And it was the first time in Philadelphia Eagles history that a blocked fieldgoal was returned for a touchdown.  While the Steelers/Patriots game didn't end in quite the same way, by leaving early you miss potential experiences just like that one.

But I can understand that your vagina was a little chilly and damp and so leaving early was the only option for you.   icon_twisted 

Imagine, if you would, the Eagles won 3 Super Bowls in the last 8 years and then pulled off the biggest choke in the history of sports to end the season last year. Then, imagine that said Eagles team lost about 6 of their top 10 players the next season. Then, on top of all that, imagine game 12 of the season in question, that you are in the stadium and it's 35 degrees and pouring rain and you've just watched your one of your only good players left drop two balls for TDs and then they miss a chip shot field goal to take the lead going into the half on their way to turning the ball over 5 times in the second half and getting blown out.

You are right. I should have stayed and supported the team!

I know you would stay.

I've stayed through snow (which is THE BEST) and rain before. I was in no mood to deal with it Sunday and would do it again in a second.

Tongue

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2008, 08:31:08 PM »

Quote from: Devil on December 02, 2008, 08:24:13 PM

... I was in no mood to deal with it Sunday and would do it again in a second.

I wish I was there with you.  I'd have driven, and forced you to stay while I had that terrible towel whirling around your head like a damn helicopter!

LD

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2008, 08:41:23 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 02, 2008, 05:13:50 PM

And yet it has been an even worse season for Philadelphia,

You know why? Because they were always over rated...like someone you lambasted said many many weeks ago.

Unfortunately that same someone said Pittsburgh was going nowhere (though that could still prove true).
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2008, 12:57:30 AM »

Ponchy - If you were there, I would have stayed. As it was, my buddy and I were pissed, soaked, freezing and could see where it was going. I wouldn't leave if I wasn't with someone else who was in the same state of mind.

Sensy - Eagles weren't over-rated as much as inconsistent, which comes down to coaching, which in turn, may have made them over-rated!

icon_wink

msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2008, 03:34:56 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on December 02, 2008, 08:31:08 PM

Quote from: Devil on December 02, 2008, 08:24:13 PM

... I was in no mood to deal with it Sunday and would do it again in a second.

I wish I was there with you.  I'd have driven, and forced you to stay while I had that terrible towel whirling around your head like a damn helicopter!

You sir...I like the way you think.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: