http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 01:18:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Week 12  (Read 1501 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2007, 01:47:01 PM »

Start running it up early this week!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 07:05:07 PM »

We'll watch the two best teams in the NFC beat their respective teams this Thanksgiving, and then we'll watch them collide the following Thursday night for what will be the fight for home field advantage in the playoffs.  That's what we are heading into right now.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 07:19:55 PM »

I'd like to see the Texans hit a 3 game winning streak.  Not counting the "streak" they were counting from the end of the season last season, this would be the first time in franchise history, if my memory serves me right.  Hopefully the Browns won't hit another "reviewable" field goal.  smile
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 11:30:07 PM »

I'm not a real fan of the team (for no particular reason), but I think the best story out of the NFL this year (including the Pats) is Green Bay.  I love that they- and Favre- are doing so well.  Wonder if he's got 10 more years in him?  icon_wink
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 04:45:48 AM »

Are the Packers a product of their schedule or are they that good?

WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 05:38:53 AM »

Quote from: Devil on November 21, 2007, 04:45:48 AM

We can't all be Patriot fans.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 07:44:31 AM »

It was an honest question. I haven't seen enough if the Pack this year.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 05:59:20 PM »

They are pretty damn good.  I don't really get how (I am thinking smoke and mirrors), but the offense is solid and the defense is really stout.

They prob can't beat the Pats, but they certainly can beat the NFC.

gellar
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 05:43:52 AM »

Quote from: Devil on November 21, 2007, 04:45:48 AM

While not all the teams are great teams, I think that beating the Chargers, Redskins, Giants, Broncos, and Chiefs were good wins to show their strength.  The last two weeks were very strong performances and complete games.  They now have a solid running back and a five receiver offense that has caused defenses to call time out when they have run it.  Mike McCarthy has shown some new trick plays that have been able to keep the defenses off balance.  Favre's QB rating is hovering at about 100.  I think either the last game or the game before he throw passes to 10 different receivers.  I really think that the Dallas game will determine home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 04:29:03 PM »

I dont... I think the boys are probably going to lock up home field even if they lose.

The pack, however NEED home field to really have a shot at being obliterated in the SB.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on November 22, 2007, 04:29:03 PM

I dont... I think the boys are probably going to lock up home field even if they lose.

The pack, however NEED home field to really have a shot at being obliterated in the SB.

Let's say that the Packers beat the Cowboys, that puts the Cowboys two games back in the playoffs.  They would need to beat the Packers record to get home field advantage because the Packers would beat the Cowboys in the tiebreaker.  After the Cowboys game, The Packers could run the rest of the season.  So should the Cowboys (although the Washington game at home could be tough).  Still, a two game deficit for either team would be very difficult to come back from.  That's why the Packers/Cowboys game will determine home field advantage.

Also, the way the refs have been at Lambeau, who proved they can't count 12 men on the field in the Bears game and have had a few shady calls at home, they might be better away.  They haven't had an away loss this season yet.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:42:55 PM by Graham » Logged

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on November 22, 2007, 04:29:03 PM

Colts were favored against the Jets.  It wouldn't suprise me if GB beats NE in the SB...assuming both teams get there.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 11:14:54 PM »

Meh, I cant see how green bay would beat em.  It would have to come down to brady having a bad day and farve having a huge one.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 03:15:32 AM »

Up 28-3 in the 4th...

(6:18) 9-T.Romo pass deep left to 81-T.Owens for 22 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

RUNNING IT UP!!!!

crybaby icon_wink

Scott

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 04:25:25 PM »

While not all the teams are great teams, I think that beating the Chargers, Redskins, Giants, Broncos, and Chiefs were good wins to show their strength.
All those teams are pretty mediocre though.  The Giants are good, but didn't they beat the Giants at the beginning of the season when the Giants were having problems?  It seems pretty hard to get a read on the Packers.  I'm looking to the Dallas vs Green Bay game.  I'd love to see Green Bay take down Dallas and wipe those smiles from TO and Romo slywink.

We can't all be Patriot fans.
But they are fun to watch ;-).  I loved watching the 49ers w/ Montana and Young, and then the Rams w/ Warner.  Even that Manning character is enjoyable to watch when he gets going.   

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 01:43:49 PM »

GREAT game by the Eagles last night.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 03:44:02 PM »

Does anyone know if a lot of cable companies are still not showing the live games on NFL network?  I have RCN in Boston, and I am going to be boiling if I can't watch the Dallas/GB game.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 03:46:55 PM »

Direct TV, Teggy!

(if you can get it)

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 03:51:56 PM »

Howabout those Cardinals, eh? They keep finding stranger and crazier ways to lose all the time.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2007, 03:53:16 PM »

I have Time Warner Cable so no Packers/Cowboys for me.  crybaby

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 03:56:12 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 26, 2007, 03:51:56 PM

Howabout those Cardinals, eh? They keep finding stranger and crazier ways to lose all the time.

Yeah that was an aweful loss.  At home to a terrible team when they had the game in hand twice. 

They need to get Adrian Wilson back ASAP.  (Although I hope he is out for one more week since they play my Browns next week.)

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »

F*CKING TEXANS!!!!  How do you go from having an awesome game last week to playing like crap the next???  ARGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!
namatoki
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 05:45:10 PM »

So with only 5 games left in the season, how have the Patriots not yet clinched the division? They are 11-0 and the Bills are 5-6. There is no mathematical way the Patriots can lose the division now is there? Or is the NFL.com standings slow to post that up?

[rant]$%(*$% GIANTS, LOSING TO $%)($%)( VIKINGS! WTF? #$&%(*#)&@![/rant]
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 06:08:35 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on November 26, 2007, 03:56:12 PM

Quote from: Destructor on November 26, 2007, 03:51:56 PM

Yeah that was an aweful loss.  At home to a terrible team when they had the game in hand twice. 

They need to get Adrian Wilson back ASAP.  (Although I hope he is out for one more week since they play my Browns next week.)

Anytime I watch the Cards play, I can't help but think that Wisenhunt is a total idiot.

Early in the season, Wisenhunt had a critical goaline play (I think it was a 2 point conversion, even).  He... then puts his backup QB in to play WIDE RECEIVER.  He lines up one of his best offensive weapons (it was either Fitzgerald or Boldin) at QB.  Then he proceeds to ask him to throw the ball.  This makes no sense.

Flash forward to yesterday.  He is on his own 2 yard line in OT.  He proceeds to take Kurt Warner, a QB prone to a) taking sacks, b) fumbling, and c) being Kurt Warner under pressure and makes him stand in his own endzone.  That is an utter travesty of coaching.  If I'm in charge there, I don't care if I have to take 3 goddamn QB sneaks up the middle, at no point does Kurt Warner set foot in his own endzone.  I think anyone with half a brain knows you do not do that.  Couple that with brilliant moves such as letting a delay of game hit when you are kicking a field goal and I gotta figure the folks at Pittsburgh are so very happy they went with Tomlin instead of 'The Wis.'

gellar
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 06:08:58 PM »

This season has been crazy!  Lot's of mediocre and bad teams and hardly any really great teams.  In my opinion there are only 3 teams that are for real.  The New England Patriots, the Green Bay Packers, and the Dallas Cowboys. 

I know, I know, I don't have the Colts in there it's shocking right?  It just seems like the Colts lost a lot more than just the game when they lost to the Patriots.  They don't seem to have recovered and I just don't see them recovering enough to go all the way again.  I'm sure they will be in the Playoffs but I see them losing in the 1st round.  Who knows though, I could be wrong, it's not like they are not a good team, and obviously -- PEYTON MANNING!  smile

Who wouldn't love to see the Packers and the Patriots slug it out in the big dance?  Brett Favre winning a Superbowl would be amazing!  smile

(Obviously my horrible, horrible, beloved New Orleans Saints team doesn't even factor in.)  smile 
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 06:20:59 PM »

Quote from: namatoki on November 26, 2007, 05:45:10 PM

So with only 5 games left in the season, how have the Patriots not yet clinched the division? They are 11-0 and the Bills are 5-6. There is no mathematical way the Patriots can lose the division now is there? Or is the NFL.com standings slow to post that up?

They show them as division champs now.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 06:28:20 PM »

Quote from: deadzone on November 26, 2007, 06:08:58 PM

This season has been crazy!  Lot's of mediocre and bad teams and hardly any really great teams.  In my opinion there are only 3 teams that are for real.  The New England Patriots, the Green Bay Packers, and the Dallas Cowboys. 

I know, I know, I don't have the Colts in there it's shocking right?  It just seems like the Colts lost a lot more than just the game when they lost to the Patriots.  They don't seem to have recovered and I just don't see them recovering enough to go all the way again.  I'm sure they will be in the Playoffs but I see them losing in the 1st round.  Who knows though, I could be wrong, it's not like they are not a good team, and obviously -- PEYTON MANNING!  smile

Who wouldn't love to see the Packers and the Patriots slug it out in the big dance?  Brett Favre winning a Superbowl would be amazing!  smile

(Obviously my horrible, horrible, beloved New Orleans Saints team doesn't even factor in.)  smile 

I'm still not convinced about the Packers.  I think the Colts are better when they are healthy.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »

Who wouldn't love to see the Packers and the Patriots slug it out in the big dance?  Brett Favre winning a Superbowl would be amazing!

Been there. Done that.

Looking for revenge if they meet!  icon_biggrin

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 07:00:23 PM »

Quote from: namatoki on November 26, 2007, 05:45:10 PM

They won the AFC East when Buffalo lost yesterday, so I would imagine it would be the slowness.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2007, 10:10:29 PM »

Quote from: Graham on November 22, 2007, 05:43:52 AM

I think that beating the Chargers, Redskins, Giants, Broncos, and Chiefs were good wins to show their strength. 

I can't speak to the Giants game, and I really can't say much about the Chargers (except they're coached by Norv Turner), the Broncos (they just lost to the Bears??) or the Chiefs (they just lost to the Raiders!!) but the Redskins win was not a good win to demonstrate the strength of Green Bay.

The Skins were dominating that game defensively, IN Green Bay, 14-10, and going in for a field goal or TD to ice the game in the 4th quarter.  Then Santana Moss fumbles the ball at the Green Bay 32 on a reverse, Charles Woodson returns it, and the Packers win 17-14.  Skins had more yards, more time of possession, and yes, more turnovers.  Favre was outplayed by a guy who hadn't even started 16 games in the NFL, Jason Campbell.

That was a game the Skins gave to Green Bay (like the one they just gave to Tampa...sigh).  I'm not saying GB isn't a good team; I think they are.  I'm just saying that's not a game to talk about the strength of Green Bay smile

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: