http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:10:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Week 12  (Read 1121 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2008, 01:45:56 PM »

Hey Donovan! Your team gets points if they can find the end zone. Might want to study that one while you're brushing up on league rules.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 04:36:00 PM »

Reid and McNabb don't talk about Bench Club

story

Against the host Ravens Sunday, Donovan McNabb was pulled after the first half after he went 8 for 18 for 59 yards, two interceptions and a fumble lost. He and replacement Kevin Kolb combined for 132 yards, 4 INTs and a 12.5 QB rating.
The Philadelphia Eagles franchise quarterback looked uncomfortable during his second-half benching Sunday. His face had a look of disappointment, shock and loneliness. With a hood over his head, it suggested McNabb also experienced a sense of embarrassment.
"I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I didn't think it needed to be done at that time," Reid said. "I'll evaluate it and see what needs to be done here, coming up for this game on Thursday.''
Yet it was interesting that Reid did not personally tell McNabb he would not return to the game. Instead, Philadelphia quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmur informed McNabb at halftime that he was being benched.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »

Denver took another step towards winning their Division and making the Playoffs with a losing record.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 05:44:22 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 24, 2008, 05:17:32 PM

Denver took another step towards winning their Division and making the Playoffs with a losing record.

How Denver could go into Atlanta and win, then turn around and lose, at home, to Oakland the next week, is amazing.

Oh, and go Eagles!   icon_twisted

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 08:01:43 PM »

One of my best friends in a huge Broncos fan, and honestly should go to Vegas and bet some money, cause he is almost always correct in his predictions of their wins and losses.  He was emphatic they would lose that game to Oakland... and lo and behold.

I look at them and just see a bizarre team that has me scratching my head from week to week.

Moving on to the Eagles - I can tell you that being in Philly is fun as heck today.  They are ready to crucify both McNugget and Reid.  The question is who gets nailed first.  People are seriously pissed today.  (Nothing personal, Pete).

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 08:23:42 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 24, 2008, 08:01:43 PM

Moving on to the Eagles - I can tell you that being in Philly is fun as heck today.  They are ready to crucify both McNugget and Reid.  The question is who gets nailed first.  People are seriously pissed today.  (Nothing personal, Pete).

How could I take it personally, especially since I'm one of the pissed.  I have been for a few weeks now.  I don't take it personally as I would be disappointed if people in Philly weren't gathering in mobs complete with pitchforks and lanterns.  Hell, even though we're a few thousand miles away, we're forming mobs with pitchforks here in Phoenix as well.  My wife even stopped wearing her beloved McNabb jersey and instead sports a throwback sweatshirt to revel in the times of old.    

There needs to be a change.  Now.  Seriously.

The only thing keeping us from marching on the city ourselves is it's too F-ing cold.  Fabulous 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:52:27 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »

That proves it!  I always knew Pete was a fair weather fan.  slywink

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 10:03:21 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 24, 2008, 08:50:16 PM

That proves it!  I always knew Pete was a fair weather fan.  slywink

bowdown bowdown bowdown
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 24, 2008, 08:23:42 PM

How could I take it personally, especially since I'm one of the pissed.  I have been for a few weeks now.  I don't take it personally as I would be disappointed if people in Philly weren't gathering in mobs complete with pitchforks and lanterns.  Hell, even though we're a few thousand miles away, we're forming mobs with pitchforks here in Phoenix as well.  My wife even stopped wearing her beloved McNabb jersey and instead sports a throwback sweatshirt to revel in the times of old.    

I can't wait until the Eagles run McNabb and Reid out of the town, and then spend the next 10 years looking for a decent QB (Kevin Kolb looked...great!) and a decent head coach.  Really, Reid is an excellent head coach with one, huge, glaring flaw; he hates to run the ball.  When you make your team into a 1 dimensional team, as he does, it becomes far too easy to defend.  Two years ago, Garcia had great success in Philly because...they ran the ball and had a near 50/50 run:pass ratio.  But besides that time, for some reason, Reid will not commit to running the ball, especially when McNabb is QB.  I swear when they have McNabb, they must have a 30/70 run:pass ratio if not worse.

Oh and Reid just will NOT draft a bigger RB.  It's mindboggling why they don't spend a pick on a 250 pound RB for short-yardage and to take some of the rushing burden from Westbrook.  I guess that's why they have Correll "Boo-Boo" Buckhalter, eh?

Oh and how to tackle Brian Westbrook:

icon_lol
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 10:36:19 PM »

Dr Philly,

Please jettison McNabb and Reid this offseason.  We would happily take one or both of them.  Enjoy Kevin Kolb and Mike Martz!

Sincerely,
San Francisco
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2008, 01:59:13 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 24, 2008, 08:23:42 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on November 24, 2008, 08:01:43 PM

The only thing keeping us from marching on the city ourselves is it's too F-ing cold.  Fabulous 

You guys want JTO?
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2008, 02:22:53 AM »

YES! This offseason I get to play one of my all-time favorite games.

Who Will Sign Dennis Erickson THIS TIME?

Just Hiro will do.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2008, 02:24:05 AM »

Quote from: SuperHiro on November 25, 2008, 02:22:53 AM

YES! This offseason I get to play one of my all-time favorite games.

Who Will Sign Dennis Erickson THIS TIME?

We can only pray that it's Detroit.

gellar
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2008, 02:59:20 AM »

Is it just me, or are the refs blind in the GB/NO game?  I think I've seen a blantant pass interference and a block in the back on the most recent kickoff, but they aren't calling anything except the occasional false start.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2008, 03:32:22 AM »

I'm a little sad about the Eagles stinking it up here recently, but this is what happens. They've been pretty good for about 10 years and it's natural for things to go sour at some point.

They will lose McNabb and Reid, then get even worse before it gets better.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 03:58:46 AM »

So I go into tonight's fantasy game down 14 with Rodgers. He scores 14 in the first quarter. Then proceeds to throw 2 straight interceptions at the start of the second half. Now I am back down 3.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2008, 01:10:40 PM »

Bring your own!

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2008, 01:35:27 PM »

McNabb gets the start on Thursday.

"Sometimes you have to step back to step forward in a positive way and Donovan will do that," Reid said. "This has nothing to do with Kolb's performance or Donovan's performance."

Sure it doesn't. If Kolb had played better he would be starting on Thursday instead of McNabb.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2008, 02:38:53 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 25, 2008, 01:35:27 PM

McNabb gets the start on Thursday.

"Sometimes you have to step back to step forward in a positive way and Donovan will do that," Reid said. "This has nothing to do with Kolb's performance or Donovan's performance."

Sure it doesn't. If Kolb had played better he would be starting on Thursday instead of McNabb.

Yeah, that's complete dishonesty.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: