http://gamingtrend.com
September 15, 2014, 04:23:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nfl Trashtalk  (Read 3676 times)
WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2004, 04:36:50 PM »

The NY Giants are going to kick some Cowboy ass today. Then we're going to @#%$@#$ and *&^%^&* and use their mouths for a #$%$^#$%. But in a good way. :twisted:

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
Zaxxon
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 04:39:33 PM »

Quote from: "WW"
The NY Giants are going to kick some Cowboy ass today. Then we're going to @#%$@#$ and *&^%^&* and use their mouths for a #$%$^#$%. But in a good way. :twisted:

Dear Lord I hope so.  This game is split right down the middle on the GG/CGNFL pool.

Other misc trashtalk - Go Carolina!  Kick some Bronco ass!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 05:00:16 PM »

NLF?
Neo-Leftie Fanclub?
Not licking feet?
New large farts?
 unibrow
WW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 05:12:02 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
NLF?
Neo-Leftie Fanclub?
Not licking feet?
New large farts?
 unibrow

O'man how did I blow that. :oops: I did just work 12 hours.Looks like last years Giants showed up today. frown

I believe virtually everything I read, and I think that is what makes me more of a selective human than someone who doesn't believe
 WW
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:19:48 PM »

Can we please just fire Norv Turner now?  Yet another 10+ penalty game for the Raiders, 3 of which directly resulted in TD's for Indy.  Ever heard of discipline Norv?

I know he can't completely control what the players do, but when your defensive lineman are jumping off-sides on a f**king punt when it's 4th & 3, you need to start seriously cracking some heads.  That's simply asinine.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 08:58:41 PM »

Quote from: "Gratch"
Can we please just fire Norv Turner now?  Yet another 10+ penalty game for the Raiders, 3 of which directly resulted in TD's for Indy.  Ever heard of discipline Norv?

I know he can't completely control what the players do, but when your defensive lineman are jumping off-sides on a f**king punt when it's 4th & 3, you need to start seriously cracking some heads.  That's simply asinine.

After watching him for 7 seasons at the helm of the Redskins, I cannot believe that man got another shot at a head coaching job.

He had a losing record against every team in our division...including the godawful Arizona Cardinals!
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 09:04:53 PM »

My Vikings just about made me faint. What a game!
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 10:37:41 PM »

My friend is psyched about the Giants big win....nice.

Right now, the Seahawks are spanking the Rams.  These seahawks might be quite a force in the post-season.

I can't wait to see my Ravens play later where Ray Lewis will get his revenge on that little portis punk.  Trash talking Ray Lewis?  Could you be any stupider?

EP
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 11:22:25 PM »

So I'm watching the crazy ending to the Seahawk/Ram game. Wacky!

edit: Rams win in overtime on a long bomb, HAHAHA! My favorite game this year!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 12:31:18 AM »

Falcons came back down to Earth.  49rs actually won a game (in OT on the arm of Rattay's 57 passing attempts) and the Browns got rolled up and smoked by the Steelers.  All in all, it's been a pretty bad week.  I sure hope that the Skins can beat the Ravens to at least salvage the end of it.  Not that I like the Skins, but I HATE the Ravens.

Seeing Bettis score his 6th rushing TD with under 30 yds rushing this season puts a smile on my face. :o

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 01:25:27 AM »

HOLY SHIT 49ers BEAT THE CARDINALS!!!!

Just went  I thought they were done, I go to my friends house, on the way I listen to them on the radio and hear that the Cardinals scored again.  I switched to my CD's go to the store, come back, and hear that Lloyd scored a TD and is 2 pts away for the tie.  I speed to my friends place, tell him to turn on the 49ers game, and watch them win.  Wish I knew what happened in between.  Didn't think they would come back frown
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004, 01:41:18 AM »

Quote from: "naednek"
Wish I knew what happened in between.  Didn't think they would come back frown

From what I heard (as I wasn't watching the game, just sorta listening to it at work), the 49ers started their comeback on a 70+ yard kickoff return for a touchdown. After that, they scored another touchdown AND got a 2-point conversion with about a minute left on the clock (tying the game)

Then I started watching the game in earnest, as I hate the Cardinals (even though I live in AZ). smile

Cardinals try to come back, but after losing 9 yards after their QB gets clobbered (nobody in the defense even touched the guy), they punt. Then the 49ers take the knee.

Overtime!

The 49ers got the ball and pretty much just walked down the field. One field goal later from about the 30 yard line, and the game was over.

Nice blow, Cardinals. Losses like this show that you truly are the worst team in the NFL. It's too bad that the voters are so goddamned stupid that they voted to make you a nice new stadium for your shitty selves.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »

Quote from: "Destructor"
Quote from: "naednek"
Wish I knew what happened in between.  Didn't think they would come back frown

From what I heard (as I wasn't watching the game, just sorta listening to it at work), the 49ers started their comeback on a 70+ yard kickoff return for a touchdown. After that, they scored another touchdown AND got a 2-point conversion with about a minute left on the clock (tying the game)

Then I started watching the game in earnest, as I hate the Cardinals (even though I live in AZ). smile

Cardinals try to come back, but after losing 9 yards after their QB gets clobbered (nobody in the defense even touched the guy), they punt. Then the 49ers take the knee.

Overtime!

The 49ers got the ball and pretty much just walked down the field. One field goal later from about the 30 yard line, and the game was over.

Nice blow, Cardinals. Losses like this show that you truly are the worst team in the NFL. It's too bad that the voters are so goddamned stupid that they voted to make you a nice new stadium for your shitty selves.

Actually that 71 TD return I saw, and that gave them 12 pts, and they missed the 2pt off that TD.  I'm missing the TD after that.  I walked in on the tying TD/2PT conversion.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2004, 03:35:38 AM »

Quote from: "WW"

Damn you to hell in a friendly, NFL, trahstalking kind of way.

The Cowboys gave it away with penalties and Barber came up big for your team.
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2004, 03:44:58 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
So I'm watching the crazy ending to the Seahawk/Ram game. Wacky!

edit: Rams win in overtime on a long bomb, HAHAHA! My favorite game this year!

MOTHERF*CKER!

That's all I could say when I saw the end of that game. Man was I chapped. The color guy nailed it though. He said if the Seahawks want to be considered upper echelon, they need to do what the Eagles and Pats do when they're ahead: put teams away. The 'Hawks scored 3 points in the second half after putting up 24 in the first.

:x

rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2004, 01:35:13 PM »

Being a long time Lions fan and seeing them at 3-1 after beating the undefeated Falcons on the road, I am cautiously intrigued.  The offense seemed a bit stagnant, but that was in part due to the game plan ( run the ball eat the clock and keep Vick off the field)  but the defense did an exceptional job.  Oh by the way, Chicago, thanks for Dick Jaron, we really needed a quality defensive coach, and you gave us one.  Anyway, being a Lions fan, you always have to wonder "when the bottom gonna fall out" as it always seems to do, but at least this year it looks like the season may be interesting.  Oh and while on the subject of football, a big thanks goes out to Minnesota for once again collasping in the 4th quarter against U of M
you had us by the short and curlies and let us go, thanks once again.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

Ben Roethilswhateverthehellhisnameis has won 16 game in a row including his first 3 with the steelers and his senior year at miami(oh). This kid is going to be good.

I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but it was the first time this year he put up more than 200 yards in the air.

4-1, this season hasn't been too bad afterall.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2004, 01:54:11 PM »

Unfortunately, the injury bug has started to hit the Lions pretty hard. It looks like Williams might have a high ankle sprain (an MRI is scheduled for today), while Rogers, Jones, and Bly are already out. Though I'm not a Lion's fan, it's nice to see them win some games.

The Panthers, on the other hand, aren't doing so hot. Unlike last year, we keep making stupid plays at the end of the game that cost us. That unsportsman like penalty that put us out of FG range with a couple of minutes left possibly cost us the game. Plus, injuries to Smith, Davis, and now Foster have taken a pretty heavy toll. Unless we have a major tournaround, tt doesn't look like we're going to make it back to the playoffs.  frown
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2004, 03:57:57 PM »

Hey...what about Keary Colbert?  Not so shabby with those 2 TDs already.  I had him on my fantasy team but had to make weekly moves and dropped him...DOH!

Ravens win ugly...which is their fashion.  Maybe Ed Reed should be the quarterback too...

EP
Schroeder
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2004, 04:36:18 PM »

To steal an old line from the Nature Boy...

WhoooooooOooooooooooOoooooooooo!  

Go Rams!  

That had to be the game of the day yesterday.  Just an absolutley amazing game that may have determined the Rams fate in the '04 season.  So, My Rams won!  My Colts won!  And, for the first time this year, BOTH of my fantasy teams won!  

biggrin
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2004, 04:49:58 PM »

My god, last night was brutal.  At one point, when the Redskins kicked a field goal to make the score 3-0, I thought that score might have held up the entire game.

My team is awful.  Brunell is one of the worst QBs I've seen in a Skins uniform, which considering we had such limelights as Heath Shuler, Tony Banks, John Friesz, etc., says quite a lot.

God that offense is awful.
Steron
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2004, 04:55:38 PM »

Eightball I'd take your defense and my offense any day. Maybe KC and Washington can combine into one team. What a great coaching staff we would have. Vermeil, Saunders and your all-star staff.

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.
Dick Vermeil

ANOTHER GoneGold Refugee
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2004, 04:56:27 PM »

Quote from: "Eightball"
My god, last night was brutal.  At one point, when the Redskins kicked a field goal to make the score 3-0, I thought that score might have held up the entire game.

My team is awful.  Brunell is one of the worst QBs I've seen in a Skins uniform, which considering we had such limelights as Heath Shuler, Tony Banks, John Friesz, etc., says quite a lot.

Ya, Eight, fortunately I TiVo'd the game starting around 3 minutes before the half thru the end, so I saw the touchdown, which was surely the highlight. And I was able to go thru most of the 2nd half on medium speed, so I only wasted about an hour of my life this morning....

I dunno what the deal is with the offense. The line has been banged up, and losing Jensen was a bummer. I'm thinking that Portis can't run a counter trey - heck I don't think of him as a straight ahead, dog it out runner - he seems more like a slashing/end around type of guy. One play in the 3rd quarter when the Skins had 2nd and 6 and he gained 5 yards then was stopped COLD by a defender, I just thought... "sheesh, he seems way too small out there". Do ya think our offensive line is making Portis look so bad? Cuz I THINK he's a good runner...  frown

and Brunell... ya, he's looked REALLY uncomfortable out there for all but about 2 quarters this season... way underthrowing all passes > 15 yards, and last night he couldn't complete a short pass to save his life.

I can't decide if they are really horribly awful, or if our expectation were just way too high... or both. :?

P.S., Tony Banks... gee thanks, I had forgotten him!  :cry:

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Steron
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2004, 05:06:28 PM »

I heard a great comment the other day on SIRIUS about Portis. They (Riggins and ????) were saying that Portis runs too quickly to the hole to run the counter. He doesn't let the play develope in front of him. Anyhow, the suggestion was to line Portis up a yard deeper to give the line more time to open the holes and allow the blocking to develope.

Another problem is clock management. I didn't see the last game against the Ravens but the previous two games, the clock management was terrible.

I am not a Skins fan at all but I would think Gibbs can iron out the issues. If not, perhaps the game has passed him by.

How long before the love affair is over and the media here in Washington start ripping Gibbs a new ass? If it were anyone except Joe Redskin they would have had his ass by now.

If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.
Dick Vermeil

ANOTHER GoneGold Refugee
Maelef
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2004, 05:06:56 PM »

Looks like another long year for the Raiders. When Gannon went down,  i thought Collins would be the right man they needed for the offense to get going again. The way he played yesterday, he couldn't hit the side of of barn and can't get out of his own shadow. I hate to say this, but,....i want Gannon back.

You can't spell Female without Maelef
Steron
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2004, 05:16:57 PM »

Originally posted by Maelef:
Looks like another long year for the Raiders. When Gannon went down, i thought Collins would be the right man they needed for the offense to get going again. The way he played yesterday, he couldn't hit the side of of barn and can't get out of his own shadow. I hate to say this, but,....i want Gannon back.

I, being a Chiefs die-hard, can't say I feel sorry for a Raiders fan. That said, I did think Collins was the best option there. Bigger arm and  younger/more durable. Tuisisopo (Sp?) time in Oakland?

Dick Vermeil

ANOTHER GoneGold Refugee
Trent Steel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2004, 05:49:38 PM »

Quote from: "Eightball"

Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2004, 06:45:19 PM »

Quote from: "Steron"
I heard a great comment the other day on SIRIUS about Portis. They (Riggins and ????) were saying that Portis runs too quickly to the hole to run the counter. He doesn't let the play develope in front of him. Anyhow, the suggestion was to line Portis up a yard deeper to give the line more time to open the holes and allow the blocking to develope.

Yeah that's one of the problems with the counter-trey; it works with quick backs (see Joe Washington), but doesn't work with quick and impatient backs (see Clinton Portis).  The problem with the run game is far bigger than Clinton Portis, however.

The big issue with our offense is that Mark Brunell is freaking awful.  With his 5 yard grandma arm, defenses have no respect for our passing game.  They can basically ram 8 people at the line of scrimmage every play (making running impossible), since they're not afraid of being burnt deep.

A deep pass for Mark Brunell is the 17 yard square in.  He has absolutely no arm left in the NFL anymore.

If we had a credible passing threat, defenses couldn't runblitz all day long.  They'd get burnt.  However, with Brunell either underthrowing receivers, making gorgeous tosses into the ground, or throwing high over the middle getting the wideouts slaughtered (See Ray Lewis killing Lavernaeus Coles as a good example), we have no passing threat.

Our best play is the bootleg to Tight End.  6 yards, when it's not covered tightly (which is rare).
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2004, 06:45:48 PM »

Quote from: "Trent Steel"

I liked you better when you were still trying to log onto Gone Gold.... :wink:
Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2004, 06:55:17 PM »

the Browns got rolled up and smoked by the Steelers. All in all, it's been a pretty bad week

That's bad? Not for me or msteelers!

I didn't get to watch yesterday's game, but it was the first time this year he put up more than 200 yards in the air.

It was a thing of beauty - there's a good chance Maddox is done as the starter.  You should pop by Froggers over on Turkey Lake and Conroy or JB's - big Steeler contingents both places.
malichai11
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2004, 08:28:26 PM »

Thank you Buffalo. As a Cowboys fan, this year my favorite team is whoever is playing the Bills every week. Top 5 pick next year baby! And frankly, this Cowboys team was never going to go anywhere anyway, so tanking it would be nice, maybe we can get 2 top 10 picks in next year's draft.

Anyway, Go DOLPHINS! Break your losing streak and keep the Buffalo's streak going next week!
Scott

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2004, 12:11:38 AM »

Thank you Buffalo. As a Cowboys fan, this year my favorite team is whoever is playing the Bills every week.

My favorite Bill fact now is that since Donohue took over the team, the Patriots have more wins in a row then the Bills have wins.  Pretty amusing to think that Takeo Spikes fled Cinncy for its losing ways only to end up in Buffalo.  The Bills continue to amaze with how poorly and stupidly some of the players play, and how they crack under pressure.

It will be amazing if Donohue makes it past this year.

---
XBox Live: ScottW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: