http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 04:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Playoffs - Wildcard Weekend  (Read 1948 times)
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2005, 04:02:17 AM »

Discuss!

Dissapointment after dissapointment for me.  The only team I rooted for that won was Indy.  Better luck next week, which should be great.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 04:24:36 AM »

Sucky weekend here.  Packers stunk it up today.  People aren't going to be happy tomorrow.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 05:19:55 AM »

I'll say it again - The worst football I've seen played in a while. 4 games of crap. Some were close, but all were poorly played.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 05:31:01 AM »

Yay for the colts. That's all I've got in me.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 06:28:59 AM »

Colts were the only team that I wanted to win that did too.  I hope they put the smack down on New England next week, I don't like those Pats one bit.
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 12:36:41 PM »

Fro Power!

Go Vikes!!!   biggrin   biggrin   biggrin
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 01:45:28 PM »

I have lost any shred of respect I had for Randy Moss after his utterly classless "celebration" yesterday.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 02:23:21 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
I have lost any shred of respect I had for Randy Moss after his utterly classless "celebration" yesterday.

You had some respect for Moss?
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 03:48:54 PM »

Well, just due to sheer skill I had to have some respect, but no more do I.
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005, 04:01:36 PM »

Man, I was pulling for the Chargers... but I'm happy the Vikings won, because I'd like their tortured fan base to have some success, & my roommate's from Minnesota.

But whatever.  Go Pats!!!  

I have to say I'm a little anxious about the Colts.  Normally I wouldn't be, but this "Are you sitting in row 34, seat 10?  Congratulations, you get to play secondary for the Patriots!" business is unsettling against Manning...
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 03:31:38 PM »

I had a bad wknd at the books.  Luckily the Colts are the bell cow of covers.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 03:45:52 PM »

Quote from: "Arkon"
Since the celebration was a jab at the time honored classy tradition of Packer fans mooning the opposing team's bus after games I'm not too upset about what Moss did.  I'm more shocked that the media is outraged and can't believe Moss did this. I mean Moss has been a positive role model since he joined the NFL and there is nothing in his past that might suggest that he would do such a heinous thing. I hear that Moss is often called by his nickname of "Jesus" because he such a kind and gentle soul and is completely without sin and would turn the other cheek rather than lash out in anger. He never quits on his team and often tries to draw up plays in the huddle so that his other teammates can contribute to the success of the team.  :roll:

What really outraged me was the next day on ESPN's top ten plays they devoted one of the valuable top ten slots to two Brett Favre plays. The first play was a backwards pitch to a running back that a Vikings defender made a great play on and stopped it for a minimal gain. The second play was the illegal forward pass that led to the Longwell missed field goal.  :roll:
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 09:07:21 PM »

That's funny, because everyone that I know that I talked to about this had no idea that there was a tradition of mooning the opposing bus after the game.  It's just a small band of people who do it, not the entire stadium, if it is true.  No need to do it in front of the entire stadium.

Moss is a cancer, and everything is about him.  If he wonders why he doesn't get any respect, all he has to do is look in the mirror.

Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 04:07:53 PM »

Technically Moss didn't moon the entire stadium...he just pretended to moon the people in the end zone seats on one side of the stadium and since the game was out of reach there weren't many people left in those seats smile . I could see the outrage if he actually dropped his pants like the Packers' fans do, exposing their wide,white, braut filled behinds,he just pretended to drop his. Moss is a big jerk....It wouldn't shock me if he ate someone's children after scoring a TD.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 04:59:19 PM »

I thought it was funny.  I don't get the outrage.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 05:59:15 PM »

Quote from: "Tim Maynard"
Technically Moss didn't moon the entire stadium...he just pretended to moon the people in the end zone seats on one side of the stadium and since the game was out of reach there weren't many people left in those seats smile . I could see the outrage if he actually dropped his pants like the Packers' fans do, exposing their wide,white, braut filled behinds,he just pretended to drop his. Moss is a big jerk....It wouldn't shock me if he ate someone's children after scoring a TD.
Tim,

Tony Dungy's statement is FALSE.  Packer fans don't do that.

http://greenbaypressgazette.packersnews.com/archives/news/pack_19389472.shtml

Don't be so gullible.

Probably the only reason why Randy didn't drop his pants is because he would have had to unlace them and take out the padding before he could and he didn't have time to do that.

Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 06:04:43 PM »

*deleted*
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 08:20:54 PM »

Quote from: "Graham"
Tim,

Don't be so gullible.

Probably the only reason why Randy didn't drop his pants is because he would have had to unlace them and take out the padding before he could and he didn't have time to do that.

I wouldnt have been that suprised if he actually did that. That would have been a classic Slapshot moment for the NFL. I would have laughed but then been really pissed off, thats low man, they are just fans and you disgrace the game and yourself by being a dick.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Tim Maynard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 10:04:05 PM »

Tim,

Don't be so gullible.

I stand corrected...with my pants up. If it is in the Green Bay Press Gazette then it must be true....wait....maybe I shouldn't be so gullible. smile
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 04:43:20 PM »

Either way, thsi is Moss's last week to do something redeemable because they aren't getting by the Eagles.
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2005, 05:36:34 PM »

Tim,

Don't be so gullible.

That is not true.  Being a Vikings fan living in Minneapolis, I have been to Lambeau field to watch a Packers/Vikings game.  There are groups of fans that moon the busses as they leave.  I have seen it
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2005, 05:45:26 PM »

Packer fans don't do that.

I bet they will the next time they beat the Vikings or Randy Moss though smile

But seriously, who would be stupid enough to moon anyone when there is a security guard in a position to catch them? It's not like mooning takes a long time to perform.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: