http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 11:17:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions (AFC/NFC Championship Edition)  (Read 4429 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2007, 02:10:01 AM »

NE vs. Indy
NO vs. Chi

NE @ Indy:
I hate the Colts. Not as much as the Chargers now, but I do hate the Colts and it has nothing to do with them. I like Manning. I like Dungy. I might even like Joseph Abboud when I get to know him better. Why do I hate the Colts? The media makes me hate the Colts. Always over-hyped, over-rated and over-stated. How does a team with a track record of choking get the love, adoration and respect of the football world to the extent that they have? Every year it's the same thing, Manning's big numbers in October translate to them being consensus picks to win it all and every year they never do it. When does it stop? Would a loss this year do it? I doubt it. As long as Peyton keeps churning out commercials, they will be the favorites to win the Super Bowl. I hope I never see it. Especially beating the Patriots on the way.

NO @ Chi:
If the Pats win, I want the Bears to win so I can get revenge for '85/'86. If the Colts win, I want either of these teams to kick the living crap out of them.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Kurt Stevens
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:19:09 AM »

NE@Indy

I'm hoping for an Indy win. I can't stand the Patriots. I think I've hated them ever since the Bears destroyed them in the Super Bowl. Plus, it would end the never ending discussion on Manning and Dungy winning the big one. I'm getting sick of that too.

NO@Chicago

I've liked Brees since his days at Purdue. I'm hoping for a NO win. I've never liked the Bears much but they were so bad for so long that it is hard to hate them.

I'm sure it will be New England and Chicago in the Super Bowl because that would be the only combination that I wouldn't have an ounce of interest in.  icon_biggrin
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 02:43:25 AM »

I have to go with my AFC loyalty. As long as the AFC wins I don't care.

However, NO coming back from last year and winning it all would be one amazing movie er story.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 12:42:53 PM »

Quote from: Devil on January 16, 2007, 02:10:01 AM

As long as Peyton keeps churning out commercials...

I hate the Colts for essentially the same reasons. 
But I LOVE Manning's commercials. Particularly THIS ONE.

As far as picking the games go, I think you could flip a coin for both of them and get as lucky as the next guy.  But, if I were going for what I would like to see:

Saints vs. Colts in the Superbowl with the Saints going on to win the whole damn thing.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 03:36:37 PM »

8-0 in this thing so hopefully I can keep this going.
These games are tough to pick.

PATS!

and

NO

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 04:30:06 PM »

Quote from: Kurt Stevens on January 16, 2007, 02:19:09 AM

NE@Indy

I'm hoping for an Indy win. I can't stand the Patriots. I think I've hated them ever since the Bears destroyed them in the Super Bowl. Plus, it would end the never ending discussion on Manning and Dungy winning the big one. I'm getting sick of that too.

NO@Chicago

I've liked Brees since his days at Purdue. I'm hoping for a NO win. I've never liked the Bears much but they were so bad for so long that it is hard to hate them.

I'm sure it will be New England and Chicago in the Super Bowl because that would be the only combination that I wouldn't have an ounce of interest in.  icon_biggrin

Ditto, I hate the Patriots. I hate Belichick's arrogant ass and I don't care much for their classless display on Sunday. Why the hate for the Colts though people? They are kind of harmless, their players don't rape people, they seem like a well run, clean franchise, so why all the hate for them?

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:42:26 PM »

Well, if you read through the thread, I think it's only Devil and I that stated we don't like them, and Devil clearly explained why.

Do you read jblank, or are you just trying to stir something up?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:45:23 PM »

Wow, a bit of overreaction there huh Lockdown? I wasn't trying to stir anything up, just don't really understand the hate, thats all. Sheesh, had a bad morning? Why be an asshole to me?

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 05:16:50 PM »

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 04:45:23 PM

jerky stuff

Stop baiting.

Learn the lesson already.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 05:19:56 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 16, 2007, 05:16:50 PM

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 04:45:23 PM

jerky stuff

Stop baiting.

Learn the lesson already.

Excuse me? Have I stepped into bizarro world all of the sudden? All I did was make a comment about how he seemed overly grumpy towards me, and read way too much into my original post, which he was wrong about by the way, and now I am accused of baiting? HUH? Jeez man, what gives? And what lesson are you talking about? I didn't do anything wrong!!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 05:21:44 PM by jblank » Logged

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 05:28:06 PM »

Tempers seem a bit high for what is a pretty calm thread overall.  Lets move back to more talk about football and less about posters.

So how about them Chiefs?!  (are they even a team anymore...are they just schedule filler for teams?)

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 05:34:00 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on January 16, 2007, 05:28:06 PM

Tempers seem a bit high for what is a pretty calm thread overall.  Lets move back to more talk about football and less about posters.

So how about them Chiefs?!  (are they even a team anymore...are they just schedule filler for teams?)

Sounds like a wonderful idea.

Chiefs will be fine, they just need some offensive help. Herm will get that "D" goin' and you resigned Gonzo, so thats good, but Green might need to go, and you really need a better #1 WR than Kennison.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 05:43:11 PM »

My post on BC about this topic:

Quote from: Eightball
Quote from: gellar
No.  The Pats will win the game but then eventually lose to the Colts.

That's right... the Colts.

gellar

You know Peyton Manning was just praying the Chargers won the game...I think the last thing the Colts want is to face the NE Patsies in the playoffs.

Agreed... but can you imagine the Colts D playing against LT?  That would've been amusing, despite the recent "resurgence" of the defense.

That being said, my half of my prediction came through and I still stand on the 2nd half of it.  The Colts are going to be amped for this game, and Manning has played 2 bad games in a row.  Gotta figure he'll be up for this.  The matchup is extremely favorable for the Colts, as the NE pass D is merely good, not great and NE has no real running game to speak of.

Colts go to the Superbowl, where they get crushed by the Saints and Superbowl MVP Reggie Bush.

100% PRECISE AND ACCURATE.

gellar
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 05:46:18 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 16, 2007, 05:43:11 PM

gellar

You know Peyton Manning was just praying the Chargers won the game...I think the last thing the Colts want is to face the NE Patsies in the playoffs.

Agreed... but can you imagine the Colts D playing against LT?  That would've been amusing, despite the recent "resurgence" of the defense.

That being said, my half of my prediction came through and I still stand on the 2nd half of it.  The Colts are going to be amped for this game, and Manning has played 2 bad games in a row.  Gotta figure he'll be up for this.  The matchup is extremely favorable for the Colts, as the NE pass D is merely good, not great and NE has no real running game to speak of.

Colts go to the Superbowl, where they get crushed by the Saints and Superbowl MVP Reggie Bush.

gellar

See, this is where I think Belichick (as I say his name through gnashed teeth) rises. I think they go in there, defy conventional wisdom (again) and beat the Colts. The Bears win the other game, it's gonna be in the upper 20's/low 30's next Sunday and the dome Saints will not play well in that.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 05:48:16 PM »

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 05:46:18 PM

gellar

gellar

See, this is where I think Belichick (as I say his name through gnashed teeth) rises. I think they go in there, defy conventional wisdom (again) and beat the Colts. The Bears win the other game, it's gonna be in the upper 20's/low 30's next Sunday and the dome Saints will not play well in that.

Did you miss the part where I said my predictions were 100% PRECISE AND ACCURATE?

Do not doubt me, sir.

gellar
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »

LOL, yeah, that could happen, but I always assume the Colts will fail in the big game and throwing the Pats into the mix? Well, lets just say we're on the verge of talking about a cosmic lock for New England in this game.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 05:52:05 PM »

Quote from: gellar on January 16, 2007, 05:48:16 PM

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 05:46:18 PM

gellar

gellar

Did you miss the part where I said my predictions were 100% PRECISE AND ACCURATE?

Do not doubt me, sir.

gellar

I'd like the colts to win, but I so hope you're wrong.  Just to see you eat rice crow.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »

OMG RACIST.

100% PRECISE AND ACCURATE (yes, I did steal this line from SuperHiro).

gellar
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 06:24:13 PM »

Ditto, I hate the Patriots. I hate Belichick's arrogant ass and I don't care much for their classless display on Sunday. Why the hate for the Colts though people?

Are you kidding? The Chargers define classless. Shotzy saying that their time on top was over last year after a Chargers win at Foxoboro. All the yapping before the game on Sunday? They have a rally BEFORE they win a game that means anything? LT whining like a bitch because they they mock Merriman and his dance (it's OK to do the dance but not OK to make fun of it?)? Merriman, for a ton of reasons, not the least of which was the fact that he went on national TV and predicted the Pats would lose to the Jets at half-time of the wild card game? Please.

Maybe LT should tell his team to shut up and stop crying about it after when it's used as motivation against him and rubbed in their faces a bit.

You don't have to like Belichick. He's not coaching for anyone to like him. He's coaching to win, and to that point, he's one of the most successful coaches of all time.

I said why I hated the Colts. They are the rolling hype machine. Sanders is the new Hall of Famer on the team now. Maybe Michale Vick could somehow play alongside Manning so the media can keep their focus on one team all the time.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »

I dearly want the Patriots to win, but I'm worried about playing the Colts this week.  I feel the same as Devil -- I like Manning, I like Dungy, I just don't like the Colts because of the love-fest.  And I kind of like hearing year after year about how Manning can't win it all.

For the team that will lose the Superbowl, I figure towards Chicago.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2007, 07:12:25 PM »

Quote from: Devil on January 16, 2007, 06:24:13 PM

Ditto, I hate the Patriots. I hate Belichick's arrogant ass and I don't care much for their classless display on Sunday. Why the hate for the Colts though people?

Are you kidding? The Chargers define classless. Shotzy saying that their time on top was over last year after a Chargers win at Foxoboro. All the yapping before the game on Sunday? They have a rally BEFORE they win a game that means anything? LT whining like a bitch because they they mock Merriman and his dance (it's OK to do the dance but not OK to make fun of it?)? Merriman, for a ton of reasons, not the least of which was the fact that he went on national TV and predicted the Pats would lose to the Jets at half-time of the wild card game? Please.

Maybe LT should tell his team to shut up and stop crying about it after when it's used as motivation against him and rubbed in their faces a bit.

You don't have to like Belichick. He's not coaching for anyone to like him. He's coaching to win, and to that point, he's one of the most successful coaches of all time.

I said why I hated the Colts. They are the rolling hype machine. Sanders is the new Hall of Famer on the team now. Maybe Michale Vick could somehow play alongside Manning so the media can keep their focus on one team all the time.

Ya know, I take my football seriously, but damn son, thats some deep seeded hatred there. Maybe its a perspective thing, because I see and hear the Pats love fest ad nauseum, the adoration of Brady, the genius of Belichick, just like ESPN does with the freakin' Red Sox, and it just.......gets.........old!!!!!!!! I guess if you don't like the Colts, then the stuff they say is magnified, same goes for me and the Patriots/Red Sox, but I haven't heard anyone say Bob Sanders is a savior, just an important cog to the "D" (and it seems to have been backed up with their recent play).

With regards to the showboating, I just don't like the idea of doing that at another teams stadium, hell, I don't care much for showboating and dancing at all, but what the Pats did Sunday, sorry, to me, that looked pretty low, but again, you like them, so it's a perspective thing. Keep in mind, the Colts are ok in my book (I am a Lions fan), but hardly a team I love, that said, it just seems that across the web, and on the radio (Sirius NFL Radio), the Colts catch a lot of flak, especially from people up north, and I just never understood why.

You made your case, gave your opinion, and while I don't agree with it, I respect it.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2007, 07:15:11 PM »

Quote from: JLu on January 16, 2007, 06:54:46 PM

I dearly want the Patriots to win, but I'm worried about playing the Colts this week.  I feel the same as Devil -- I like Manning, I like Dungy, I just don't like the Colts because of the love-fest.  And I kind of like hearing year after year about how Manning can't win it all.

For the team that will lose the Superbowl, I figure towards Chicago.

Just to be clear, you LIKE Manning, but you enjoy hearing people say he can't win it all? icon_confused If you wanna hate someone for the "lovefest", hate the media, they are the pimps in the biz. icon_lol

Manning CAN win it all, but just like every other Super Bowl winning team, its the TEAM that has to win. Trent Dilfer isn't a better QB than Manning or Dan Marino, just because he has a SB ring. It's a team game, they win and lose that way, so lets remember that, regardless of who wins it all this year.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2007, 07:26:14 PM »

Ya know, I take my football seriously, but damn son, thats some deep seeded hatred there. Maybe its a perspective thing, because I see and hear the Pats love fest ad nauseum, the adoration of Brady, the genius of Belichick, just like ESPN does with the freakin' Red Sox

First off - I hear you on the Red Sox. I'm sick of them and I live here. You would go out of your mind if you thought the Sox were overboard nationally. Sports talk here in Boston is 90% Sox, 5% Pats, 3% Celtics and 2% Bruins. Year round, all the time, Sox, Sox, Sox. It's awful.

Pats love fest? You go around ESPN, SI and Sporting news and give me the ratio of national media member who picked the Pats over the Chargers, then give me the number who pick them over the Colts.  There is a love fest with the national media, but it's clearly with the teams that haven't actually done anything. Sure they Brady and Belichick love, but it's begrudgingly and only because they continue to shut people up with their wins.

The other thing: On the other team's field? Please. You want to run your mouth before the game, go right ahead, but don't come bitching to me when you get it right back at you. Should the Chargers be immune from payback because they were playing at home? That's silly. You don't want your words/dances thrown back in your face, maybe you should think before doing your 2-step or running off at the mouth in the first place. If you notice, the Pats give nothing but love for every team they play before the games. I'm assuming they had enough of the shit that SD was talking and it all came out after the game. No bulletin board material leading up to Sunday from NE. Maybe the Chargers learned something from this.

Your last comment is classic RM9 from GG. The defense CARRIED Manning. If they don't shut down the 2 "offenses" they played Mr. October is home again. It just seems that all the wins from the COlts are Manning and all the losses are pinned on "The Team".
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 07:28:12 PM by Devil » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2007, 07:32:43 PM »

Please, for the love of God, don't compare me to RM9....I beg you. I'm not defending him, or Brady, or anyone, but football is a team game, and I don't fault or praise one person and one person only, for a win or a loss, in the game of football. Things like blaming a kicker or a QB or holder that fumble a snap, that hurts, hurts a lot, but more often than not, football comes down to groups of players, not individuals, when plays are made. Someone opens a hole, blocks a guy, BAM, 70 yard run, but its not JUST the RB that should get the kudos. Difference of philosophy I suppose, but I am not one to lay 100% of praise or blame on a QB.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2007, 07:37:25 PM »

Listening to ESPN radio on the way into work this morning, they dug a bit deeper into the whole Chargers/Patriots thing, the past, the Chargers shenanigans leading up to this point, etc, etc...

I can't stand the Patriots, but after hearing more of the background, I think the Chargers deserved that BIG TIME.

The whole LT thing... My opinion of course, but I think he's just pissed off they lost.  I would be.  If I worked my freakin' butt off the way he has all season, and then watch my team lose a game like they did... oh baby, you bet I'd be pissed.  I think he'll calm down eventually.  All signs point to him being an extraordinary person both on and off the field.

LD

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2007, 07:56:16 PM »

LT whining about the Pats mocking the dance is laughable, when the dance itself is mocking. Serves Merriman right for his stupid antics (including his "predictions"). Good to see LT emotionally involved though... he'll get himself a ring one day.

I like Manning a lot, but I hope he chokes again, because a) I'm a Pats fan and b) it would be funny.

However, everyone here knows it will go to a final Colts drive with the score tied, Vinatieri comes in to kick the FG, and everyone in New England collectively kills themselves.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2007, 08:15:08 PM »

Quote from: Koz on January 16, 2007, 07:56:16 PM

However, everyone here knows it will go to a final Colts drive with the score tied, Vinatieri comes in to kick the FG, and everyone in New England collectively kills themselves.

That'd be awesome!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2007, 08:17:09 PM »

Quote from: ATB on January 16, 2007, 08:15:08 PM

Quote from: Koz on January 16, 2007, 07:56:16 PM

That'd be awesome!

gellar
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »

He missed one here when he could have put the game out of reach....

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »

To further the "classless" discussion.

From ESPN:
"The faces of the Chargers' players suggested they expected to win by 20 points, and when LaDainian Tomlinson scored to make it 21-13 with eight minutes to go, they decided to act as if they were ahead by 20 points. With eight minutes remaining, the Bolts were celebrating on the sidelines, and the clueless Schottenheimer did not tell them to get their heads back in the game. Schottenheimer was oblivious to the 16-ton weight about to be dropped on his head -- even though the opponent was the most efficient, unflappable team in NFL history! When New England's players saw some Chargers celebrating on the sidelines with eight minutes remaining as if it was already over, and realized the clueless Schottenheimer was oblivious, they smelled blood. I'll never forget the look on Michael Jordan's face when he saw Charles Barkley start to dance and clown around with a minute left in an NBA Finals game that Barkley thought Phoenix had already won. Jordan smelled blood, and a moment later the NBA crown was his."

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 08:54:10 PM »

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 07:15:11 PM

Just to be clear, you LIKE Manning, but you enjoy hearing people say he can't win it all? icon_confused If you wanna hate someone for the "lovefest", hate the media, they are the pimps in the biz. icon_lol

I was at Manning's first game in Foxboro -- the Patriots won, but I remember saying to my friend that I was glad the Colts would be leaving our division, because man that kid was going to be good.
I respect Manning, I like watching him play.  But if Manning and the Colts win it all, it'll means that the Patriots didn't (and that they beat my team to do it, this year).  The media builds him up, and has to eat crow.  That amuses me.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 09:07:17 PM »

Quote from: JLu on January 16, 2007, 08:54:10 PM

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 07:15:11 PM

I was at Manning's first game in Foxboro -- the Patriots won, but I remember saying to my friend that I was glad the Colts would be leaving our division, because man that kid was going to be good.
I respect Manning, I like watching him play.  But if Manning and the Colts win it all, it'll means that the Patriots didn't (and that they beat my team to do it, this year).  The media builds him up, and has to eat crow.  That amuses me.

Ever consider he really is that good? This whole belief that a ring is a requirement to be an excellent QB, or a HOF'er, is bogus. Talent wise, he is the best QB in the league, Brady is maybe a bit better leader, and has the rings (though the better overall team probably has a lot to do with that), but based on talent alone, I think Manning is the best at what he does, just like Marino was in his prime. It's Montana/Elway/Marino all over again.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 09:15:22 PM »

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 09:07:17 PM

Ever consider he really is that good? This whole belief that a ring is a requirement to be an excellent QB, or a HOF'er, is bogus. Talent wise, he is the best QB in the league, Brady is maybe a bit better leader, and has the rings (though the better overall team probably has a lot to do with that), but based on talent alone, I think Manning is the best at what he does, just like Marino was in his prime. It's Montana/Elway/Marino all over again.

Oh I have no belief that you need a ring to be an excellent QB.  Manning is in the hall of fame, no doubt.  It's a silly thing to try to argue 'who is better' -- Manning is throwing to Marvin Harrison, and Brady's best receiver has always been a guy who might be a second if not a third on another team; there are way too many intangibles.  I'd pay huge money to watch a game with Brady QBing the Colts, and Manning the Patriots and see how it turns out.  Manning is good, I just think he's second best.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 09:32:49 PM »

I can't stand Manning so I hope the Pats win that one.   The other game is harder for me since I like both of those teams.   I guess I'll root for the Saints since if Grossman makes it then it will be a one sided SB as Grossman gives the game away.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »

Quote from: JLu on January 16, 2007, 09:15:22 PM

Quote from: jblank on January 16, 2007, 09:07:17 PM

Oh I have no belief that you need a ring to be an excellent QB.  Manning is in the hall of fame, no doubt.  It's a silly thing to try to argue 'who is better' -- Manning is throwing to Marvin Harrison, and Brady's best receiver has always been a guy who might be a second if not a third on another team; there are way too many intangibles.  I'd pay huge money to watch a game with Brady QBing the Colts, and Manning the Patriots and see how it turns out.  Manning is good, I just think he's second best.

Can't argue with any of that, depending on the criteria those guys would be 1 and 2 in most categories.

Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 10:11:22 PM »

Quote from: Devil on January 16, 2007, 08:23:04 PM

He missed one here when he could have put the game out of reach....

Yeah but the Colts still won so no one cares. Vinatieri is an average kicker based on his stats, but there's none better when a key kick has to be made.

He's like Brady was last game. Three picks, underthrowing pretty much every receiver all game, but when it was 3rd and 10 on the final scoring drive, he throws an absolutely perfect pass to Caldwell that pretty much sealed the 3 points for the Pats. You knew Brady would do that, just like you knew Vinatieri would have hit that FG that Kaeding missed if he was in there.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 02:48:28 AM »

Dancing on the opposing team's logo is a pretty shitty thing to do. 

Just Hiro will do.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 12:33:07 PM »

This morning, ESPN radio announced the Las Vegas odds on the Superbowl winner.  Now, I don't remember the actual odds (I'm sure someone could look it up if they wanted to), but I do remember the order.

Most likely to win to Least likely to win  (otherwise known as)  "Where Vegas wants you to put your money".

1. Colts

2. Patriots

3. Bears

4. Saints

- - - -

Anyone particularly surpised or want to comment on that?  I will say putting the two AFC teams 1 & 2 doesn't surprise me too much.

LD

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 01:58:04 PM »

Dancing on the opposing team's logo is a pretty shitty thing to do. 

Like dancing over a sacked QB?

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 04:05:22 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on January 17, 2007, 12:33:07 PM

This morning, ESPN radio announced the Las Vegas odds on the Superbowl winner.  Now, I don't remember the actual odds (I'm sure someone could look it up if they wanted to), but I do remember the order.

Most likely to win to Least likely to win  (otherwise known as)  "Where Vegas wants you to put your money".

1. Colts

2. Patriots

3. Bears

4. Saints

- - - -

Anyone particularly surpised or want to comment on that?  I will say putting the two AFC teams 1 & 2 doesn't surprise me too much.

I'd flip #1 and #2, but other than that, it makes sense.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: