http://gamingtrend.com
April 20, 2014, 12:59:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 1318 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2010, 11:50:28 PM »

Well the prime time draft has started....Bradford to Rams, Suh to Lions.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 02:08:36 AM »

Tebow to Broncos @ 25?!?!?!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:22:46 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 23, 2010, 02:08:36 AM

Mile high city, closer to god, etc. etc.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:55 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on April 23, 2010, 02:22:46 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on April 23, 2010, 02:08:36 AM

Mile high city, closer to god, etc. etc.

icon_lol

Tebow in the first round at all is pretty funny.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 02:40:36 AM »

So i move from Florida last summer (about 30 minutes from UF) and was so damn relieved i didn't have to hear about Tebow anymore. And wouldn't you know that the F'N Broncos draft his ass and bring him right to where i move!

Somebody please wake me when this nightmare is over!

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 03:24:53 AM »

Poor Clausen falls out of the first round.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:06:27 AM »

well the Lions drafted Suh as many expected.  This video make Lions fans at least a bit happy.  ESPN's science video...  watch the hit near the end...  its scary   http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/43405/the-sport-science-of-ndamukong-suh

Tebow in the 1st round?!   icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »

Anyone else think Steve Young and Tom Jackson don't like each other much......and Steve Young and Gruden have a strong need to be talking all the time even if what they are saying is nonsensical.  Young make his "brilliant" analysis, keep talking then make exactly the same point again before he would stop talking and you could see Jackson just sort of cinch up.  At the end Jackso and Kiper would barely speak

Gruden seems maniacal at times and also over the top enthusiastic about well everything and everyone.

Might switch to NFL channel tonight.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 12:33:59 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on April 23, 2010, 02:40:36 AM

So i move from Florida last summer (about 30 minutes from UF) and was so damn relieved i didn't have to hear about Tebow anymore. And wouldn't you know that the F'N Broncos draft his ass and bring him right to where i move!

I just don't get all of the Tebow hate.  Here's a guy that is willing to step up and actually want to be a role model and take on all that comes with that.  In this day of me first athlete entitlement I don't understand why people hate him so much.

I don't think i have ever heard anyone who has played with, coached, or worked with him that didn't have great respect for him as a man and a leader.

I'm not sure he can be a great traditional NFL QB.  But in a Wildcat or red zone offense I think he could be great.  And he won't be feeling up 20 year old drunk co-eds in bar bathrooms.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 12:55:50 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 12:53:25 PM »

Patriots traded away the chance for a potential impact WR so they could get a special teams player from Rutgers.

Awesome. Just Awesome.  icon_frown

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 01:03:18 PM »

I'm pretty happy with the Raven's trading down.   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 01:04:58 PM »

Quote from: Devil on April 23, 2010, 12:53:25 PM

Patriots traded away the chance for a potential impact WR so they could get a special teams player from Rutgers.

If you are referring to Dez Bryant.  There is no way Belichic would take him.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on April 23, 2010, 12:33:59 PM

I just don't get all of the Tebow hate.  Here's a guy that is willing to step up and actually want to be a role model and take on all that comes with that.  In this day of me first athlete entitlement I don't understand why people hate him so much.

I don't think i have ever heard anyone who has played with, coached, or worked with him that didn't have great respect for him as a man and a leader.

I'm not sure he can be a great traditional NFL QB.  But in a Wildcat or red zone offense I think he could be great.  And he won't be feeling up 20 year old drunk co-eds in bar bathrooms.

I have no problem with him as a person, and think that for a couple years, he was one of the best college QB's we've ever seen (albeit a system QB).  I just don't think he's anywhere near first-round talent, hence the LOL @ Denver.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 01:23:36 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 23, 2010, 01:16:33 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on April 23, 2010, 12:33:59 PM

I have no problem with him as a person, and think that for a couple years, he was one of the best college QB's we've ever seen (albeit a system QB).  I just don't think he's anywhere near first-round talent, hence the LOL @ Denver.

Personally I think he is a first round talent in terms of character and raw athletic ability.  I'm guessing McDaniels will find ways to use him just like Urban Meyer did when he was a freshman at Fla.  Goalline and short yardage situations, etc.  Then down the road he will integrate him more into the full offense.  I have read that Buffalo and Jacksonville were also trying to move up to take him and that's why Denver felt like they had to over pay.  
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:25:50 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 01:31:00 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on April 23, 2010, 01:04:58 PM

Why? What about Bryant would keep BB away from him?

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 01:48:20 PM »

Quote from: Devil on April 23, 2010, 01:31:00 PM

History of being late for meetings and games at OSU. Suspended for most of last year by the NCAA.  I've read that the Browns didn't even have him listed on their draft board and they desperately need WRs.

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 02:07:14 PM »

Bills take another RB.  W.T.F.

Question: What's wrong with Tebow? Isn't he awesome? (I dont' follow college ball that much).  Is the issue his shoulder?
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on April 23, 2010, 01:48:20 PM

History of being late for meetings and games at OSU. Suspended for most of last year by the NCAA.  I've read that the Browns didn't even have him listed on their draft board and they desperately need WRs.

Like Moss and Dillon?

Those things don't matter as much to BB as people think they do.

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2010, 02:30:37 PM »

Quote from: Devil on April 23, 2010, 02:07:54 PM

Quote from: denoginizer on April 23, 2010, 01:48:20 PM

Like Moss and Dillon?

Those things don't matter as much to BB as people think they do.

There's a huge difference between a 3rd or 4th rounder for a guy who has proven himself as a Pro Bowler in the NFL and a first rounder for a guy who didn't even play most of last year in college.

Has Belechic ever drafted a guy with character flags?

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »

Just off the top of my head:

Brandon Meriweather

Shooting incident
On July 21, 2006 Meriweather was involved in a shooting incident when teammate Willie Cooper was shot in the buttocks. In self defense, Meriweather returned fire and shot at the unidentified shooters three times. Meriweather was not charged with a crime because his gun was owned legally.[3]

Miami-FIU Brawl
During the infamous Miami-FIU brawl on October 14, 2006, Meriweather was clearly seen stomping repeatedly on several Florida International players on the ground. Meriweather was ultimately suspended by the ACC and Miami for his role in the brawl.[4] It is believed that his actions during the brawl and the shooting incident may have caused his draft stock to slip.[5]

denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 02:39:47 PM »

I stand corrected.   icon_biggrin

Although I just get the feeling that players who do not seem dedicated to football and are late for meetings, disrespectful to coaches, etc, are guys Belichic shies away from.  Although as a Pats fan I'd admit you know more than I do about BB, I just never got the sense that the Pats were interested in Bryant.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 02:45:18 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 02:43:11 PM »

No problem.  icon_biggrin

I think it's a misconception since the '01 season that they need 'good guys' when really, the most important thing for Bill is winning (sometimes to extremes).

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on April 23, 2010, 02:07:14 PM

Question: What's wrong with Tebow? Isn't he awesome? (I dont' follow college ball that much).  Is the issue his shoulder?

The knock on Tebow is that while he was good in Florida's system and is a good athlete, he won't be able to play QB at the college level. His mechanics are off and he's not that accurate of a passer. He likely is more of project that will take years to develop and, even then, it is unlikely he will be more than an average QB. Thus, most (if not all) people think it was a huge stretch for Denver to take him in the 1st round when other, more immediate, impact players are available.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 02:46:49 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on April 23, 2010, 02:43:44 PM

Bills take another RB.  W.T.F.

The knock on Tebow is that while he was good in Florida's system and is a good athlete, he won't be able to play QB at the college level. His mechanics are off and he's not that accurate of a passer. He likely is more of project that will take years to develop and, even then, it is unlikely he will be more than an average QB. Thus, most (if not all) people think it was a huge stretch for Denver to take him in the 1st round when other, more immediate, impact players are available.

In the off-season he completely changed his throwing motion so he kept the ball up by his head and worked on his pocket passing skills so he'd be more attractive to teams. I guess that was good enough for Denver.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 02:53:10 PM »

One of the other reasons he was so successful in college was due to his constant running threat.  This, most likely, gets nullified with the speed of NFL players.

McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2010, 03:31:52 PM »

Quote from: Jaddison on April 23, 2010, 11:15:37 AM

Anyone else think Steve Young and Tom Jackson don't like each other much......and Steve Young and Gruden have a strong need to be talking all the time even if what they are saying is nonsensical.  Young make his "brilliant" analysis, keep talking then make exactly the same point again before he would stop talking and you could see Jackson just sort of cinch up.  At the end Jackso and Kiper would barely speak

Gruden seems maniacal at times and also over the top enthusiastic about well everything and everyone.

Yeah - NFL Network's coverage has been sparkling by comparison ever since they started covering the draft live. Steve Young is complete garbage - that's why TJ doesn't like him. He adds nothing, his points go no where and he talks over everyone. At least Gruden can give you a nugget from a coach's perspective. What makes the draft such a big deal is guys like Mike Mayock (on NFL Network) and Mel Kiper Jr breaking down the players and evaluating them - so the casual fan knows what they are getting. These guys live/breath/eat breaking down tape. F'n hell, I want to hear what THEY have to say. ESPN just throws a bunch of talking morons that just read information they read on a press release or something. With all due respect to Tom Jackson and Gruden, of course, I think they add something to the broadcast that's tangible.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2010, 03:55:37 PM »

I switched half way thorugh.  ESPN's coverage was terrible.  Missed picks, missed trades, no analysis on the Falcons.  Plus I'm pretty sure Steve Young was shitfaced.

morlac00 on PSN
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2010, 04:01:36 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 23, 2010, 02:53:10 PM

One of the other reasons he was so successful in college was due to his constant running threat.  This, most likely, gets nullified with the speed of NFL players.

It's not the speed of the NFL but the size of the players.  Tebow wasn't scrambling away from people he was going through them.  He doesn't break away speed and will not be able to plow through the line like he did in college.  Well he can but he will get hurt.  He also has questionable arm strength for an elite NFL QB.  so he has a bit to overcome.  I have no doubt his effort will be there but he has got an upill battle.

morlac00 on PSN
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »

Quote from: morlac on April 23, 2010, 03:55:37 PM

I switched half way thorugh.  ESPN's coverage was terrible.  Missed picks, missed trades, no analysis on the Falcons.  Plus I'm pretty sure Steve Young was shitfaced.

43 concussions does tend to make one a little loopy.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2010, 04:10:40 PM »

Steve Young pisses everyone off that he works with....he and Matt Millen were like that every game they worked last year.  I love the guy as a QB, but he's an awful TV guy.  You could tell TJ was pissed for sure.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 04:19:49 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 23, 2010, 04:03:33 PM

Is that what it was?  Serisouly, something was wrong with him.  My wife even asked why they let the 'drunk guy' on tv.  He was hard to understand, made little sense, was talking over people, had a stupid grin and glassy look in his eyes.  It was painful to watch.  The whole show was a train wreck.

morlac00 on PSN
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

Quote from: morlac on April 23, 2010, 04:19:49 PM

Is that what it was?  Serisouly, something was wrong with him.  My wife even asked why they let the 'drunk guy' on tv.  He was hard to understand, made little sense, was talking over people, had a stupid grin and glassy look in his eyes.  It was painful to watch.  The whole show was a train wreck.

It's not the concussions, Young is just a dick on TV.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 04:44:20 PM »

In previous years the second day ESPN coverage was always better.  It was usually Suzy Culber, Kiper, Gruden and Jaworski.  All of the "NFL Primetime Guys" only did the 1st day.  But now with day 2 being in prime time that may change.

For me the perfect combination would be Kiper, Mike Mayock from the NFL Network, and Mike Lombardi from ESPN radio.  Just break down film and keep the blowhardism to a minimum.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 05:06:47 PM »

no it's the way he throws, and that he's also a Christian...  many people don't like his attitude/message he brings to the game. 
Jaddison

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 05:13:49 PM »

The interview with Tebow was weird wasn't it?  He was breathless most of the time and kept repeating "I'll work harder than anyone, I'll do whatever they tell me, I'll do exactly what they tell me to do", new question meant repeat the mantra....yikes.

Doesn't it seem like Josh McDaniels just bet his Denver coaching career on Tebow?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 05:15:45 PM by Jaddison » Logged
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 05:27:41 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on April 23, 2010, 04:30:53 PM

As a Utah fan, I just prefer to chalk it up to the fact he's from BYU.  slywink

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 05:39:00 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on April 23, 2010, 05:27:41 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on April 23, 2010, 04:30:53 PM

As a Utah fan, I just prefer to chalk it up to the fact he's from BYU.  slywink

hehe slywink  I'm from the Bay Area, so I love Young for what he did here as a Niner, but man I just can't stand to watch him on TV...he's horrible.  Uggh.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2010, 05:53:07 PM »

Did it make anyone but me a little uncomfortable with the man-love shown to Clausen by Kiper? Seems like the dude had him at 'number one available' all night.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »

Quote from: LoneStarSpur on April 23, 2010, 05:53:07 PM

Did it make anyone but me a little uncomfortable with the man-love shown to Clausen by Kiper? Seems like the dude had him at 'number one available' all night.

Kiper had Clausen #4 on his overall draft board (even ahead of Bradford).  So once Suh, McCoy, and Berry were gone Clausen was indeed his best available.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 07:47:00 PM »

Just to clarify I dont have "hate" for Tebow.  I thought it was funny that Denver burned a 1st rounder on a QB that, by pretty much all the experts opinions, is a project qb at best and doubtful to ever be an effective NFL qb.  Since I am a Lions fan, I feel completely entitled to laugh when I think someone else may have wasted their 1st round pick, as the Lions try hard to make an annual event of it.  This year I think Detroit is pretty safe unless they drafted Suh with the intentions of playing him at wide receiver.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: