http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 11:52:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL 2011 Offseason Discussion -2012 Draft Edition  (Read 26530 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5100



View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2011, 01:33:03 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on January 15, 2011, 05:17:47 PM

Quote from: Moliere on January 14, 2011, 02:56:21 PM

The Broncos finished the season 4-12. In looking for a new coach the best they could do was a guy fired after finishing the season 2-14?   saywhat

The Denver Post is basically saying that John Fox is the best choice considering the low level of talent and experience in the available pool of willing applicants.

Quote
No knock on Rick Dennison or Perry Fewell, Dirk Koetter or Eric Studesville, but the Broncos just tried the on-the-job training thing and it didn't work out that well. With limited options, their standards were appropriately modest. They went out looking for a grownup who knows what he's doing, and they found one.

John Fox was leaving the Panthers after this past season, regardless of whether his record was 14-2 or 2-14, as he was out of contract.  He certainly wasn't fired.

When the owner says he doesn't want your contract renewed that is kind of like being fired. I can guarantee if they had finished 14-2 they would have tried to renew his contract.
Logged

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5357


Go Flames go!


View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2011, 01:57:27 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on January 16, 2011, 01:33:03 AM

Quote from: pr0ner on January 15, 2011, 05:17:47 PM

Quote from: Moliere on January 14, 2011, 02:56:21 PM

The Broncos finished the season 4-12. In looking for a new coach the best they could do was a guy fired after finishing the season 2-14?   saywhat

The Denver Post is basically saying that John Fox is the best choice considering the low level of talent and experience in the available pool of willing applicants.

Quote
No knock on Rick Dennison or Perry Fewell, Dirk Koetter or Eric Studesville, but the Broncos just tried the on-the-job training thing and it didn't work out that well. With limited options, their standards were appropriately modest. They went out looking for a grownup who knows what he's doing, and they found one.

John Fox was leaving the Panthers after this past season, regardless of whether his record was 14-2 or 2-14, as he was out of contract.  He certainly wasn't fired.

When the owner says he doesn't want your contract renewed that is kind of like being fired. I can guarantee if they had finished 14-2 they would have tried to renew his contract.

You know that the owner said after LAST SEASON (2009) that Fox wasn't going to coach there after this year, right?

Josh McDaniels was fired.  John Fox wasn't.
Logged

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5100



View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2011, 02:07:21 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on January 16, 2011, 01:57:27 AM

You know that the owner said after LAST SEASON (2009) that Fox wasn't going to coach there after this year, right?

Josh McDaniels was fired.  John Fox wasn't.

Again, telling someone they his contract is not going to be renewed is still kind like being fired. Also, do you think that had something to do with their team going from 8-8 to 2-14? Sounds like the coach lost his motivation. First rule of business is that you don't let people keep working after you've told them that they are losing their job. They tend to get disgruntled and do bad things.
Logged

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2486


View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2011, 02:36:47 AM »

Quote from: theohall on January 16, 2011, 12:53:07 AM

Quote from: Kagath on January 15, 2011, 09:44:51 PM

Hay guys what's going on in here?

Lions.
 icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Have you all found a QB who can play more than 4 games at a time, yet?  smile
I believe that's one reason I'm laughing.
Logged

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 02:42:46 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on January 16, 2011, 02:36:47 AM

Quote from: theohall on January 16, 2011, 12:53:07 AM

Quote from: Kagath on January 15, 2011, 09:44:51 PM

Hay guys what's going on in here?

Lions.
 icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

Have you all found a QB who can play more than 4 games at a time, yet?  smile
I believe that's one reason I'm laughing.

4 games at a time would be impressive:  the QB would have to be on 4 teams, then those 4 teams would have to play 4 different teams, and the 4 games would have to be close enough for the QB to quickly switch, and they'd have to time it just right that only one offense would be playing at a time.....
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5357


Go Flames go!


View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2011, 04:30:09 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on January 16, 2011, 02:07:21 AM

Quote from: pr0ner on January 16, 2011, 01:57:27 AM

You know that the owner said after LAST SEASON (2009) that Fox wasn't going to coach there after this year, right?

Josh McDaniels was fired.  John Fox wasn't.

Again, telling someone they his contract is not going to be renewed is still kind like being fired. Also, do you think that had something to do with their team going from 8-8 to 2-14? Sounds like the coach lost his motivation. First rule of business is that you don't let people keep working after you've told them that they are losing their job. They tend to get disgruntled and do bad things.

You're still wrong. The owner is a tightwad and didn't want to pay Fox $6 million to sit at home AND pay another head coach on top of it. 

As for your disgruntled point, I'm pretty sure professionalism would prevent someone from deliberately doing a bad job (aka "bad things") if he didn't want to get blackballed from head coaching in the NFL again.
Logged

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
theohall
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1151



View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2011, 05:55:58 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on January 16, 2011, 04:30:09 AM

Quote from: Moliere on January 16, 2011, 02:07:21 AM

Quote from: pr0ner on January 16, 2011, 01:57:27 AM

You know that the owner said after LAST SEASON (2009) that Fox wasn't going to coach there after this year, right?

Josh McDaniels was fired.  John Fox wasn't.

Again, telling someone they his contract is not going to be renewed is still kind like being fired. Also, do you think that had something to do with their team going from 8-8 to 2-14? Sounds like the coach lost his motivation. First rule of business is that you don't let people keep working after you've told them that they are losing their job. They tend to get disgruntled and do bad things.

You're still wrong. The owner is a tightwad and didn't want to pay Fox $6 million to sit at home AND pay another head coach on top of it.  

As for your disgruntled point, I'm pretty sure professionalism would prevent someone from deliberately doing a bad job (aka "bad things") if he didn't want to get blackballed from head coaching in the NFL again.

pr0ner has this one right.  The Panthers owner let the entire staff's contracts expire so he wouldn't have to pay anyone if a lockout happens.  This was decided before the season started and the staff knew what was happening.  In case you haven't noticed, have you heard any news about the next Panthers coach?  Interviews?  Anything?  Contrast that with Cleveland, Denver, and St Louis with the HC and OC changes and all the news about them.   The reason they kept Fox for one more season - what new coach would accept a one-year contract?  Which is all the owner would offer prior to the 2010 season if he let Fox go.

On top of that, the FAs the Panthers signed this off-season - almost all of them were 1-year contracts.  It's another reason the let Julius Peppers go.  Did not want to pay him.  And the Bears are very thankful.

Panthers owner is being cheap - period - and he decided to do this before the season ever started.  It wasn't a secret or anything.

Logged
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 7742



View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 01:12:47 AM »

Hey guys!

Anyone got a deep threat or pass rusher so we can end the charade and win a playoff game?
Logged

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4620



View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 01:30:04 AM »

Welcome Patriots and Seattle Fans (Simon King)
Logged
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5100



View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2011, 02:28:06 PM »

Quote from: theohall on January 14, 2011, 04:43:14 PM

I would actually rather see them bring in McDaniels as OC

Looks like you got your wish.

Quote
The St. Louis Rams hired former Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels as their offensive coordinator on Tuesday.

The 34-year-old McDaniels replaces Pat Shurmur, who was hired by the Cleveland Browns as head coach last week.

"We are happy to announce that Josh will be a part of our staff," coach Steve Spagnuolo said in a statement. "I've always recognized that he is one of the top offensive minds in the NFL. We think he is a great addition to our organization."
Logged

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
theohall
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1151



View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2011, 09:34:10 PM »

Yes.  Yes, I did get my wish.  smile  Don't be surprised if the Rams sign Brandon Lloyd if the FA period ever starts.  He already expressed interest in following McDaniels to St Louis and credited McDaniels with making him into a quality WR.  Now we'll see if he can turn any of the rest of the current cast of "unable to get open" Rams WRs any better.  One thing is for sure - Bradford will get to throw the ball quite a bit.

One interesting sideline - McDaniels and Spagnuolo were opposing coordinators in the Giants-Pats Super Bowl, fighting for the same head coaching jobs following that Super Bowl, and are now coaching together.  Great offensive mind with a great defensive mind "should" make a great team.  We shall see considering how wrong I've been about everything this off-season.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:35:56 PM by theohall » Logged
Ænima
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 108


View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »

Because I love you Niners fans so very, very much:

"I've been studying Alex Smith and watching him," Harbaugh said. ... "And I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning quarterback in the National Football League. I'm excited to work with him, get to know him."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=2#ixzz1CkhKVKoP
Logged

theohall
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1151



View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 11:35:22 PM »

Quote from: Ænima on February 01, 2011, 11:29:37 PM

Because I love you Niners fans so very, very much:

"I've been studying Alex Smith and watching him," Harbaugh said. ... "And I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning quarterback in the National Football League. I'm excited to work with him, get to know him."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=2#ixzz1CkhKVKoP
High five!
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4620



View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 11:57:25 PM »

Quote from: Ænima on February 01, 2011, 11:29:37 PM

Because I love you Niners fans so very, very much:

"I've been studying Alex Smith and watching him," Harbaugh said. ... "And I believe that Alex Smith can be a winning quarterback in the National Football League. I'm excited to work with him, get to know him."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl?page=2#ixzz1CkhKVKoP

yeah I read that the other day. 

Somebody made a comment saying "Alex must be a Jedi using mind tricks, because he's been able to fool 3 coaches now in believing that he is a good QB.

I think we're stuck this year because of the looming strike.  So I'm giving Harbaugh and the niners a free pass.  I don't expect anything this year.  But Smith better be gone after this next season, unless, and this is reaching, he magically becomes a good QB.
Logged
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8974


I'm a dolphin!


View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2011, 09:53:39 AM »

I can't imagine Smith stays.  He'll have other options and even though Harbaugh might be his best chance to turn into something above wretched, he's gotta know his leash with the SF fans is so short it's not worth his time to stay.  I think he walks.
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4620



View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »

Welcome to the club Greenbay and Pittsburgh!
Logged
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »

Union files for decertification.  So long 2011 season.
Logged
rickfc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5651


Why so serious?


View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 11, 2011, 10:40:54 PM

Union files for decertification.  So long 2011 season.

I say we miss 2-4 games before players start missing the paycheck and come back. Shitty season due to no camp or time for free agents to work out with new teams. It's going to be a clusterfuck.
Logged
The Grue
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8167


You are likely to be eaten by a grue.


View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 01:25:11 AM »

Quote from: rickfc on March 11, 2011, 10:42:16 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on March 11, 2011, 10:40:54 PM

Union files for decertification.  So long 2011 season.

I say we miss 2-4 games before players start missing the paycheck and come back. Shitty season due to no camp or time for free agents to work out with new teams. It's going to be a clusterfuck.

The Lions could win it all!!!
Logged

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 02:46:49 AM »

Roger Goodel emailed me, this is what he said:
Quote
Dear NFL Fan,

When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players’ financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.   

 

Yours,
Roger Goodel
Logged
msteelers
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1792



View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2011, 03:24:57 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on March 11, 2011, 10:40:54 PM

Union files for decertification.  So long 2011 season.

While I'm disappointed that it appears the players had no intention of negotiating, and felt all along that their best bet was to decertify, this actually is the next best thing to a new agreement. The league wont be able to lock out the players due to anti-trust laws. There's even talks that free agency could start at 12:01AM Saturday.
Logged

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2011, 03:07:54 PM »

The Steelers James Harrison has gone off on Roger Goodell in an interview.

Among the "best" tid-bits:

Quote
If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6764826/james-harrison-pittsburgh-steelers-blasts-roger-goodell-magazine-interview
Logged
Eightball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1387


View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2011, 01:09:36 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 13, 2011, 03:07:54 PM

The Steelers James Harrison has gone off on Roger Goodell in an interview.

Among the "best" tid-bits:

Quote
If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6764826/james-harrison-pittsburgh-steelers-blasts-roger-goodell-magazine-interview

Not to mention he threw his own players under the bus while he was at it...

Quote
"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again," Harrison said of Roethlisberger. "Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does."

Harrison also called Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall a "fumble machine."

Yay Harrison!
Logged
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8974


I'm a dolphin!


View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2011, 01:12:10 AM »

Quote from: gellar on February 02, 2011, 09:53:39 AM

I can't imagine Smith stays.  He'll have other options and even though Harbaugh might be his best chance to turn into something above wretched, he's gotta know his leash with the SF fans is so short it's not worth his time to stay.  I think he walks.

frown
Logged
pr0ner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 5357


Go Flames go!


View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:19 AM »

Quote from: gellar on July 14, 2011, 01:12:10 AM

Quote from: gellar on February 02, 2011, 09:53:39 AM

I can't imagine Smith stays.  He'll have other options and even though Harbaugh might be his best chance to turn into something above wretched, he's gotta know his leash with the SF fans is so short it's not worth his time to stay.  I think he walks.

frown

The 49ers are less of a mess than the Redskins.

JOHN BECK!
Logged

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2011, 11:21:34 PM »

Owners approve CBA, players set to vote. Hall of fame game cancelled.  Bengals 5 win season closer to reality..?
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4620



View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2011, 02:04:37 PM »

So, I knew the niners were going to suck this year, you kinda have no choice when I'd say the 49ers were voluntarily screwed over during the lockout.  I mean nobody said to fire your coach knowing there won't be an offseason.  I'm happy Singletary is gone and we have Harbaugh, it's just something you have to accept, for the same reason why you have Alex Smith on your team again for the 7th year!!!  But giving him $5 million?  WTF, he's going to be benched by week 6.

So I was thinking the niners would treat this year as preseason for next year.  We all know they won't be going anywhere, so why not evaluate your talent (lack of?) and build.  They did the opposite....

They stayed quiet on the QB Free Agency (which is probably good considering what was available, Hasselback, Kolb.  Really?)
They immediately lose Takeo Spikes to San Diego
They give away their only healthy Center, David Baas to the Giants.
Nate Davis goes to KC I think (I can't remember, but not a big loss, just no depth)
Cut David Carr (see ya!)
Cut Nate Clements because he wants too much money, only to try and pay even more $$$ to Nnamdi Asomugha
Frank Gore is holding out, because he can see his future, and it's short
Michael Crabtree is going to miss training camp for the 3rd year in a row, ie his whole career due to hurting his foot while hailing a cab after attending Camp Alex (I laugh every time, Camp Alex biggrin)
Sign another old used up kicker, David Akers
And so far the only smart move this week....  Resign Ray MacDonald, because today we're probably going to hear that Aubrayo Franklin is not going to sign.

It's going to be another fun year!


GO SF GIANTS!
Logged
rshetts2
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2420



View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2011, 02:34:13 PM »

Quote from: naednek on July 29, 2011, 02:04:37 PM

So, I knew the niners were going to suck this year, you kinda have no choice when I'd say the 49ers were voluntarily screwed over during the lockout.  I mean nobody said to fire your coach knowing there won't be an offseason.  I'm happy Singletary is gone and we have Harbaugh, it's just something you have to accept, for the same reason why you have Alex Smith on your team again for the 7th year!!!  But giving him $5 million?  WTF, he's going to be benched by week 6.

So I was thinking the niners would treat this year as preseason for next year.  We all know they won't be going anywhere, so why not evaluate your talent (lack of?) and build.  They did the opposite....

They stayed quiet on the QB Free Agency (which is probably good considering what was available, Hasselback, Kolb.  Really?)
They immediately lose Takeo Spikes to San Diego
They give away their only healthy Center, David Baas to the Giants.
Nate Davis goes to KC I think (I can't remember, but not a big loss, just no depth)
Cut David Carr (see ya!)
Cut Nate Clements because he wants too much money, only to try and pay even more $$$ to Nnamdi Asomugha
Frank Gore is holding out, because he can see his future, and it's short
Michael Crabtree is going to miss training camp for the 3rd year in a row, ie his whole career due to hurting his foot while hailing a cab after attending Camp Alex (I laugh every time, Camp Alex biggrin)
Sign another old used up kicker, David Akers
And so far the only smart move this week....  Resign Ray MacDonald, because today we're probably going to hear that Aubrayo Franklin is not going to sign.

It's going to be another fun year!


GO SF GIANTS!

All is not lost!  After all,  youre in a conference where 6 wins just might take it this year!   icon_twisted
Logged

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »

Ken I still think the Niners are in good shape with Harbaugh!

Except for Crabtree, he's worthless.

Oh and wasn't Akers a pro-bowler last year?  Last 2 years?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:06:28 PM by leo8877 » Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4620



View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2011, 03:10:51 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 29, 2011, 03:02:45 PM

Ken I still think the Niners are in good shape with Harbaugh!

Except for Crabtree, he's worthless.

Oh and wasn't Akers a pro-bowler last year?  Last 2 years?

pro-bowl is a popularity contest.  I'm not saying he's bad, just old, and at the tail end of his career.
Logged
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2011, 03:14:06 PM »

Quote from: naednek on July 29, 2011, 03:10:51 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on July 29, 2011, 03:02:45 PM

Ken I still think the Niners are in good shape with Harbaugh!

Except for Crabtree, he's worthless.

Oh and wasn't Akers a pro-bowler last year?  Last 2 years?

pro-bowl is a popularity contest.  I'm not saying he's bad, just old, and at the tail end of his career.

I am pretty annoyed with Gore though.  Sure he wants money, but man after all the off season BS, to hold out now with a shortened camp.  BOO!
Logged
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4620



View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »

I hate the idea of hold outs, especially when you are under contract.  If you don't like what you negotiated then you shouldn't have signed it in the first place.
Logged
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 7742



View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »

Like Ocho.
Hate Haynesworth.
Logged

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2011, 04:00:32 PM »

Quote from: Devil on July 29, 2011, 03:59:14 PM

Like Ocho.
Hate Haynesworth.

As a Bengals fan, I think your liking Ocho will be short lived.

Although the Hoodie may crack the whip and keep him in line.
Logged
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8974


I'm a dolphin!


View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »

Quote from: naednek on July 29, 2011, 03:40:43 PM

I hate the idea of hold outs, especially when you are under contract.  If you don't like what you negotiated then you shouldn't have signed it in the first place.

I agree, except an NFL contract isn't really a contract.  If an NHL or MLB player holds out, they are being dicks.  If an NFL player holds out, I really have no problem with it.

That being said, I think we've seen the last of Gore as a 49er.  He wants (and would get on the market) more money than he's worth to the 49ers.

Also the Niners will suck this year, but that was part of the plan.  Smith is a genius move from Harbaugh - if he's really great, Harbaugh can be all "LOOK HOW AWESOME I AM I TURNED A TURD INTO NOT-TURD".  If he's terrible, Harbaugh can bring out the "Well, I had to use Alex Smith" excuse and then hopefully draft Andrew Luck.  I mean especially since it looks like Carolina is working hard at being not godawful this year.  GODAWFUL IS THE 49ERS TO BE HAD.
Logged
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12599



View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2011, 05:12:40 PM »

Quote from: gellar on July 29, 2011, 05:09:24 PM

GODAWFUL IS THE 49ERS TO BE HAD.

The Bills say hello
Logged
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2486


View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »

Hay guys! How about those Lions this year?
Spoiler for Hiden:
icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol
Logged

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6798


Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.


View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2011, 05:23:40 PM »

I was uncertain as to our backup quarterback situation following Kolb's trade, but it seems we've filled the void with Vince Young.  I'm actually okay with the signing, and having picked up DRC and a 2nd round pick from Arizona for Kolb, we look to be making some decent decisions as of late.  I'm not sure about bringing Babin back from Tennessee, but he'll be reunited with the coach that helped him earn his highest career numbers last season (12.5 sacks, more than the entire Eagles defense).  I'll also miss Akers as he was a big source of fire and intensity.  He's just unfortunately past his prime, although some attribute his inconsistency last season to his young daughter being diagnosed with cancer.  And here's to hoping that Casey Matthews lives up to the hype
Logged

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 8974


I'm a dolphin!


View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2011, 05:25:38 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 29, 2011, 05:12:40 PM

Quote from: gellar on July 29, 2011, 05:09:24 PM

GODAWFUL IS THE 49ERS TO BE HAD.

The Bills say hello

Yeah them too.  To be honest, I'm almost rooting for hardcore fail for the Niners.  This is being entirely selfish.

You see, I have free access to a 49er Luxury Box.  I only have access to said Luxury Box if others (who have actually paid) do not wish to go to the games.  I also have some really good friends who are dumb enough to have season tickets and go to every single game.  I like tailgating with them.  Game day is a great experience that I'd be willing to pay for if the 49ers were good.  It's not one I'm willing to pay for if they are mediocre or bad.  But if they're bad, no one else goes so I get to experience it for free!  If they are mediocre I fear people will take my free seats frown.
Logged
ScubaV
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 941



View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2011, 06:12:38 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on July 29, 2011, 05:15:41 PM

Hay guys! How about those Lions this year?
Spoiler for Hiden:
icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

I think the Lions will actually do well this year if Stafford can stay healthy.  They'll probably fight with the Bears for 2nd while my Packers whisk away to an easy 1st place.  icon_cool
Logged

I have absolute faith in the power of people to be stupid.

My vision is augmented.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 32   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.227 seconds with 104 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.095s, 2q)