http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 03:29:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Tupac Album This Year, Petition For Original Recordings  (Read 3932 times)
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2004, 04:29:53 AM »

Posted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 11:51 am    Post subject: New Tupac Album This Year, Petition For Original Recordings  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information from Hitemup.com about the new album:

----------
We previously reported about Tupac's upcoming LP entitled Loyal To The Game. We spoke to Amaru Entertainment, who confirmed what we reported and also gave us additional information on the LP.

The LP contains between 11 and 12 previously unreleased songs produced by Eminem as well as three or four remixes by Raphael Saadiq, Red Spyda and Scott Storch.

The songs produced by Eminem features guest appearances from 50 Cent, Jadakiss, Lloyd Banks, Nate Dogg, Obie Trice, Outlawz and Young Buck. Obie Trice makes an appearance on "Hennessy" while Sleepy Brown is featured on Red Spyda's remix of the song. The Eminem-produced "Ghetto Gospel" is also said to feature a very special guest appearance (Eminem perhaps?).

Afeni Shakur serves as executive producer and Eminem as co-executive producer of the LP, which is scheduled to be released in the United Kingdom on December 6th and in the United States on December 7th 2004. Stay tuned for the release dates for the rest of the world.
----------

The Petition: Even if you are not a fan of Tupac's music, as a fan of art and music in general I stress the importance of becoming aware of this issue and signing the petition. This petition is against reworkings and additions to the artist's original vision of his work, the fact that people who did not even know the artist are altering his work is blasphemous and disprespectful to any artist who has ever had pride in his or her work. Can you imagine changing historical works from Leonardo Da Vinci in order to create a more "modernly appealing" version? Unacceptable.

Again, please sign the petition and make your voice known.
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 04:31:06 AM »

http://www.petitiononline.com/2pacogs/petition.html
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 05:27:45 AM »

Poo on Tupac.  see reason a couple posts below.

*edited*

Sandwiches do fix everything.
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 05:41:59 AM »

This is a quote from the registration agreement:
"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. "

Mods, I expect action to be taken, that post was very insulting.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 05:54:34 AM »

Quote from: "\/\/olverine"
"You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. "

Don't forget this thread in your anger: NSFW http://consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2117

PSN ID: EduardoX
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 06:01:42 AM »

The Petition: Even if you are not a fan of Tupac's music, as a fan of art and music in general I stress the importance of becoming aware of this issue and signing the petition. This petition is against reworkings and additions to the artist's original vision of his work, the fact that people who did not even know the artist are altering his work is blasphemous and disprespectful to any artist who has ever had pride in his or her work. Can you imagine changing historical works from Leonardo Da Vinci in order to create a more "modernly appealing" version? Unacceptable.

Again, please sign the petition and make your voice known.

WHOA now.  This petition is a farce.  Music (well, if you can even call what Tupac did music) is reimagined all the time.  For example, every time a new classical CD comes out by a different orchestra under the baton of a different conductor, the music is different from its original presentation.  Does this make the album bad?  NO.  The music is re-recorded because it is respected.  The individuals re-recording Tupac's whatever probably respect what he's done, which is WHY THEY ARE DOING IT.  That Da Vinci analogy is wholly inaccurate in this case.

You really need to chill out if this sort of thing bothers you.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 07:33:13 AM »

I appologize if you found that an attack on you, Wolverine.  I don't find attacking Tupac the same as attacking you.  I was simply "making my voice known".  

I didn't like or respect him or his music when he was alive, why should I now that he is dead?  I do think it's a farce that they keep releasing what was undoubtedly crappy B-sides (at the very best) as new full albums by an artist that has been dead for 5 years.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 12:29:12 PM »

Oh GOD, I wish U2K Tha Greate$t was here for this.

The Artist Formerly Known as TGB
warning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 01:29:52 PM »

First a question.  Were you insulted because Engine used the f-word or were you insulted because he used the f-word about Tupac?  Because the thing is, what he said was insulting, but to Tupac and not to you.  If Engine had said f___ Wolverine that not only would have crossed the line but would possibly have led to his banning.

As far as the language goes, I'd say we try to maintain a PG-13 atmosphere here.  We as mods expect this forum community to act as adults.  That means sometimes we will use language we might not necessarily use at a PTA meeting.  I know I have and so have others.  It's unavoidable.  On the other hand, we don't want to degenrate into a Junior High cussing match.  I would encourage you/me/us to be careful about our language.  Engine I understand "making your voice known" but there are many ways to disagree without using profanity.

I think we as mods are willing to extend a *little* rope to the community on this issue - please let's not use it to hang ourselves with.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 01:33:46 PM »

Quote from: "EngineNo9"
f#ck Tupac.

While this wasn't a personal attack towards anyone on the boards, some people find that 4 letter word offensive.  Generally we ask that we keep the swearing to the minimum.  

CG staff asks that we try to restrain from using excessive profanity out of respect to others.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 01:50:30 PM »

Quote from: "naednek"
Quote from: "EngineNo9"
f#ck Tupac.

While this wasn't a personal attack towards anyone on the boards, some people find that 4 letter word offensive.  Generally we ask that we keep the swearing to the minimum.  

CG staff asks that we try to restrain from using excessive profanity out of respect to others.

Naednek pwns warning in 3 sentences vs. his 13!  Ouch!
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 02:22:20 PM »

Quote from: "HarveyB"

Turn on the Bling Signal!
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2004, 03:11:07 PM »

Quote from: "Beer Goggles"
Quote from: "HarveyB"

Turn on the Bling Signal!

I don't know who he is behind those shades of his......but if ever we needed him, we need him now!

Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2004, 06:20:55 PM »

Bah, I can't sign in protest of this petition? Then I speak with my silence!

Tupac sucks.
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 02:37:51 AM »

I'm just questioning the sort of environment you guys are expecting here, I suppose I was just assuming we were all working towards a mature message board that frowns on moronic threads and posts that add absolutely no insight to the subject.

Tell me then so I can get this straight: I can go into every thread if I feel like it, and just say "fuck [the topic]" randomly at will? If thats the case fine, I'll lower my expectations when making a thread, understanding that there is infact no level of maturity or quality required, and I'll act the same if I feel like being an asshole. I don't very much like GTA: San Andreas, I'm gonna go into all the threads posted on it and reply "fuck GTA: San Andreas"... (not really going to do it but I suppose I could without breaking the rules?) That would really attract intelligent discussions or even members from development teams, wouldn't it?

:Sigh: I guess I just had my own lofty expectations coming from GoneGold.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 02:49:19 AM »

Tell me then so I can get this straight: I can go into every thread if I feel like it, and just say "fuck [the topic]" randomly at will? If thats the case fine, I'll lower my expectations when making a thread, understanding that there is infact no level of maturity or quality required, and I'll act the same if I feel like being an asshole. I don't very much like GTA: San Andreas, I'm gonna go into all the threads posted on it and reply "fuck GTA: San Andreas"... (not really going to do it but I suppose I could without breaking the rules?) That would really attract intelligent discussions or even members from development teams, wouldn't it?

Do you equate doing it once, out of apparently genuine feelings on the subject at hand, with doing it in every thread for the sake of being a nuisance and trying to prove a policy wrong?

EngineNo9's post obviously offended you, and yes, it was cold, but it was not directed at you, but at a person in the public domain. He doesn't make a habit of disrupting threads, so no one called him on it. I feel moderation requires more than just cross-referencing words with a list of rules. I feel it also requires common sense.

In a public forum, everything said isn't going to be sanitized for us, and our feelings about a given subject. I've found that almost anything I post on, someone out there doesn't like it, or even hates it.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 03:10:16 AM »

I'm just questioning the sort of environment you guys are expecting here, I suppose I was just assuming we were all working towards a mature message board that frowns on moronic threads and posts that add absolutely no insight to the subject.

:Sigh: I guess I just had my own lofty expectations coming from GoneGold.

Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 03:14:28 AM »

Isn't he dead?  (Tupac)

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 03:29:22 AM »

Quote from: "Siljanus"
Isn't he dead?  (Tupac)

Da Makaveli will lives forevah, yo!
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 03:34:43 AM »

Quote from: "Laner"
Quote from: "Siljanus"
Isn't he dead?  (Tupac)

Da Makaveli will lives forevah, yo!

Word is bond bro!  

From Da Prince:

"And here it should be noted that hatred is acquired as much by good works as by bad ones, therefore, as I said before, a prince wishing to keep his state is very often forced to do evil; for when that body is corrupt whom you think you have need of to maintain yourself- it may be either the people or the soldiers or the nobles- you have to submit to its humours and to gratify them, and then good works will do you harm, bitch " (pulls out 9mm dagger and caps yo ass)

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 03:42:39 AM »

Wicked.

\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2004, 05:02:51 AM »

Do you equate doing it once, out of apparently genuine feelings on the subject at hand, with doing it in every thread for the sake of being a nuisance and trying to prove a policy wrong?

Of course not but that isn't the point, which it seems like your avoiding now. Offending or at the very least disrespecting someone once or multiple times makes no difference. I'm not saying I want Engine to be suspended, I don't even care if you guys directly warn him or not, but it should be known that a level of respect towards other members as well as maturity is expected. If a post like Engine's has insulted me, which I've made clear, don't you think you should probably make a point about it?

Like I said, unless you guys are saying its O.K, not to me but all the visitors however many thousands of them there are, that we can go ahead and say things like that which, while it may not be a direct attack, indirectly offends someone, then you should throw out a warning. Otherwise, don't be surprised if someone makes a thread about his or her father's heart condition and you get a random reply "fuck your father", cause if your not against it then you are condoning it.

If you feel I'm overreacting, fine, I'll accept that. In return, please clearly state the rules specifically related to what lines Engine's reply may have crossed or not crossed so we know our own boundaries.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

Like I said, unless you guys are saying its O.K, not to me but all the visitors however many thousands of them there are, that we can go ahead and say things like that which, while it may not be a direct attack, indirectly offends someone, then you should throw out a warning. Otherwise, don't be surprised if someone makes a thread about his or her father's heart condition and you get a random reply "fuck your father", cause if your not against it then you are condoning it

Based on your example, there's a huge difference between the two, one is a personal attack, while the other isn't.  

There's no ban on cussing on the forums, we do not encourage it, and we ask that people would restrain from using it, but it's not something that mods are going to search every thread for and make sure nobody is using it.  

I don't think Engine09 purposely said that to offend you or anyone else, however maybe he should have used a different word to describe a similar feeling.

If a post like Engine's has insulted me, which I've made clear, don't you think you should probably make a point about it?

Warning and I both made a point to try to watch the language because it could offend somebody.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 05:23:16 AM »

Wolverine did you read my earlier post?

You said:
If a post like Engine's has insulted me, which I've made clear, don't you think you should probably make a point about it?

Earier I said:
Quote from: "warning"
First a question. Were you insulted because Engine used the f-word or were you insulted because he used the f-word about Tupac? Because the thing is, what he said was insulting, but to Tupac and not to you. If Engine had said f___ Wolverine that not only would have crossed the line but would possibly have led to his banning.

You said:

Like I said, unless you guys are saying its O.K, not to me but all the visitors however many thousands of them there are, that we can go ahead and say things like that which, while it may not be a direct attack, indirectly offends someone, then you should throw out a warning.

Earlier I said:
... we don't want to degenrate into a Junior High cussing match. I would encourage you/me/us to be careful about our language. Engine I understand "making your voice known" but there are many ways to disagree without using profanity.

Really I think your concerns have already been addressed.  I'm not sure what you are looking for.  Someone has a different opinion than you and he used harsh language.  If you'd like Engine to sit in the corner with a dunce cap on don't hold your breath.  Engine, you and everybody else should hopefully know that it's not acceptable to liberally sprinkle "f- this" and "f- that" all over the place here.  But on the other hand (which I also posted earlier... *sigh*):

As far as the language goes, I'd say we try to maintain a PG-13 atmosphere here. We as mods expect this forum community to act as adults. That means sometimes we will use language we might not necessarily use at a PTA meeting. I know I have and so have others. It's unavoidable.

Find something else to get your blood pressure worked up about.  Like the fact that my beloved Cards got killed tonight.   :twisted:
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 05:48:58 AM »

edited out. the other mods have addressed this already.
Victoria Raverna

Auspiciousness, prosperity, and good fortune

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 06:03:01 AM »

Fudge Tupac.
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2004, 01:23:02 PM »

Don't let it get you down Wolverine.  I think Neil Diamond is a musical genius but I'm sure all I'll get is alot of ridicule for that from the naysayers!   :x

F- Neil Diamond you say?  F U I say!

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2004, 02:04:07 PM »

Quote from: "Eduardo X"

Don't forget this thread in your anger: http://consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2117

Damn it- Couldn't you have put a NSFW warning before the link!!!!
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2004, 02:14:01 PM »

\/\/olverine wrote:

Don't forget this thread in your anger: http://consolegold.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2117

Don't bring your hate into my happy time wet boobies post. Also it is clearly marked NSFW I made sure of that when I posted it intially. Sorry if that wasn't evident from the link.  

Ascendent
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2004, 02:14:41 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Damn it- Couldn't you have put a NSFW warning before the link!!!!

Good point. I added one. I should've caught that sooner, sorry.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2004, 02:29:49 PM »

Ascendant- yeah my post was directed toward Eduardo.  I had already perused that thread at home but had no idea which thread it was Eduardo was linking to.

Jeff- thanks for taking care of that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: