http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 10:08:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Spider-Man 3 Trailer! SWEET MERCIFUL CHRIST!!!!!  (Read 1277 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2006, 04:31:42 AM »

Right now I only found it at this link on AICN and this... looks... awesome... drool

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 05:04:22 AM »

I really, really want to like these movies, but this one just looks like more of the same that I hated about the first two.  Crappy actors with an overload of crappy blue screen/CG Spidey, swinging through crappy blue screen/CG buildings saving crappy blue screen/CG people.   Meh. 

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 05:12:39 AM »

Hmmm. Loved Pt 1. Pt 2 may or may not be my favorite movie of all time...but this trailer, unlike the teaser released earlier, leaves me: meh.

I'm sure it will all come together, but that trailer really did nothing for me. Too much emphasis on Sandman and not enough on Green Goblin Jr. which is where I think the heart of the movie is going to be.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 05:30:01 AM »

I ... I can't believe I'm saying it, but the trailer didn't leave me wowed. Not like the trailers for 1 and 2.

So the Sandman's Ben's killer? That's just ... something's screwed up about that. I don't like how that changes Peter's whole mental progression in the first flick. If it's true, and not a "twist". I mean, shit, it's what wakes him up and hammers home "with great power" and all. That's crucial to his essence as a superhero!

And you can't carry the black suit in a briefcase, dammit! It's part of you. You can't take it off! It becomes your clothes, your protection, your armour and camouflage. If you're going to give the fans Venom because they want him, don't fuck with the source material.

Whatever, I'll still be seeing it. I won't kid myself.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 06:58:44 AM »

eek

i need a clean pair of shorts........

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 08:41:43 AM »

That was awesome!  thumbsup

I'm just hoping the Harry Osborn Green Goblin won't look so lame this time around.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 12:10:37 PM »

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two movies and thought the teaser trailer for 3 was fan-damn-tastic. This trailer, not so much. It tells too much, yet shows nothing.

I'm still there opening weekend, though.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 12:17:54 PM »

Wow.  Just wow.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
warning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 12:23:28 PM »

Whoa.  That looks like a lot of fun.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 04:03:03 PM »

Just watched the trailer again, and I actually dug it a little more than I first did. What I noticed the most was just how disjointed it is, because it's grabbing segments from all over the place. And that's where I will most definitely give Raimi the benefit of the doubt, because I'm sure he'll do well with the whole film.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 05:13:32 PM »

When it comes to action movies...I tend to set aside....aww...who am I kidding...I'm a sucker for a good supers movie.  And this trailer did it.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 05:39:25 PM »

Note:  For a while in the comics, Peter had the black suit in his closet at night.  It really freaked him the fuck out when it crawled up on him in bed.

Really eerie?  Marvel's now claiming the symbiote is/was -female-.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2006, 08:51:37 PM »

AICN has a 'work in progress' trailer posted.  It looks alo like the one WBS posted except for the ending.  Definitely worth checking out  nod

Because I can,
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2006, 08:55:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 12, 2006, 08:51:37 PM

AICN has a 'work in progress' trailer posted.  It looks alo like the one WBS posted except for the ending.  Definitely worth checking out  nod

Ha, I was just about to post the link.

It's a better trailer, even despite the fact that some of the effects are far from finished. Wonder if it's what the studios planned on showing, or if it's something we'll be getting further down the road.

Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2006, 10:32:15 PM »

I really don't like how they are going the route of throwing more and more villians in each movie.  It gets to the point where what little story they have becomes a joke.  I mean, these characters have years of storylines they can mine for backstory and filler and stuff, why cram them in to use as throwaway enemies? 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2006, 11:55:13 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 12, 2006, 10:32:15 PM

I really don't like how they are going the route of throwing more and more villians in each movie.  It gets to the point where what little story they have becomes a joke.  I mean, these characters have years of storylines they can mine for backstory and filler and stuff, why cram them in to use as throwaway enemies? 

Honestly, Sandman is pretty much a throwaway enemy anyways.  Somehow I have the feeling the movie is going to have less action than what the trailer seems to let on.  And I also have another feeling that the last scene in the trailer I just posted will be the last scene in the movie.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 01:28:32 AM »

That trailer was pulled from Ain't It Cool, by the way. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2006, 04:01:40 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 13, 2006, 01:28:32 AM

That trailer was pulled from Ain't It Cool, by the way. 

well dang.  heh, in case anyone hasn't seen it, here's a screen cap from the last 5 seconds that I grabbed for something else (spoilered for your safety):

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2006, 01:52:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 12, 2006, 11:55:13 PM

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 12, 2006, 10:32:15 PM

Honestly, Sandman is pretty much a throwaway enemy anyways.  Somehow I have the feeling the movie is going to have less action than what the trailer seems to let on.  And I also have another feeling that the last scene in the trailer I just posted will be the last scene in the movie.

Somebody said a long time ago that its possible the whole sandman battle will be how the movie opens. That'd be cool so as not to clutter the movie...however with the whole 'he's the one who killed Ben' thing, I don't know that's in the cards... Hopefully that little snippet was a dream sequence and whomever that was' guess is right onw
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2006, 06:01:39 PM »

Loved the 1st Spiderman, enjoyed the 2nd Spiderman even more, I think I see a pattern here at least for myself....  icon_cool  The Spidey 3 trailer kicks all kinds of un-holy ass!  I can't wait for this movie to come out!   icon_biggrin  I will actually see it in a theater even!  (Big thing for me, I hate theaters!)   thumbsup
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: