http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 03:48:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Roger Rabbit movie?  (Read 1076 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:18:29 PM »

Zemeckis is kicking around ideas for it!  I loved the original, and with todays technology they could possibly out do themselves. I remember they did a comic book sequel, but it sounds like he wouldn't use that for a plot.

3D Jessica Rabbit....   nod

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:25:21 PM »

she was hawt!

eh, for an cartoon figure, I mean...eh, nevermind!

A new one
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 11:34:21 PM »

Oh man, this could be good. I loved the setting and I loved the effects. I just wonder what they could do with it at this point, but I'd only see it if the original actors like Bob Hoskins and Christopher Lloyd are in it. But please, no children as sidekicks. The thing that worked with the original was that it had more adult overtones to it, and was entertaining to children as well, without pandering to them Lucas style.

Bob Hoskins simply has to return. So does Roger Rabbit. I'd like to see Richard Dreyfuss and Dustin Hoffman possibly have roles in it, but someone younger would also be needed. No Johnny Depp, no Seth Rogan and no Leonardo DiCaprio just to put it out there.

I think the original had animation as a focus of the story, didn't it? Toontown? I hope the cell-shaded look doesn't go away in favour of 3D animation, but what they could do is make 3D part of the plot, as in Toontown being amalgated into a larger 3D city, with it being in danger of ceasing to exist as the new town encroaches itself onto Toontown. You could have 3D villains terrorizing Toontown.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 11:38:58 PM by Rumpy » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:37:38 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 30, 2009, 11:34:21 PM

Bob Hoskins simply has to return. So does Roger Rabbit. I'd like to see Richard Dreyfuss and Dustin Hoffman possibly have roles in it, but someone younger would also be needed. No Johnny Depp, no Seth Rogan and no Leonardo DiCaprio just to put it out there.

how about Shia?  icon_twisted

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:40:43 AM »

i went to the cinema to see the first movie(with added Roger Rabbit cartoons before the show...rollercoster rabbit or something like that...where he took Baby Herman to the fair)

and i also have it on DVD..there are a lot of reasons i like the film,the cleverness of the making of it,which this sequel will totally ruin it if they just go for computer effects...the fact that we saw a whole host of Warner Bros AND Disney characters together,the Mickey and Bugs parachute scene was great...i hope that can happen again

i do know the first film,even though it asks a question in its title,doesnt have a ?(question mark) because it is deemed unlucky for film titles to have a Question mark...weird

although i can think straight away a movie title with a question mark....'Whats Up Doc?'

also,i have this big book of film facts-and in 1988 the film in London caused outrage,as it was very windy and the wind knocked off the final letter on a downtown Cinema advertisement..so it then read 'Who Framed Roger Rabbi'  icon_biggrin...the Cinema in question was smack in the centre of Golders Green...a Jewish Suburb

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 01:32:26 PM »

patty cake-patty cake!
patty cake-patty cake!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 05:39:29 AM »

a script is officially in the works.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:33:19 AM »

Hooray!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 01:30:18 PM »

Will this be anything but awful?
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 05:20:57 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 03, 2009, 01:30:18 PM

Way to be optimistic!

I loved the first one, hope the second is at least half as good.

morlac00 on PSN
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 06:09:44 PM »

Quote from: morlac on November 03, 2009, 05:20:57 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on November 03, 2009, 01:30:18 PM

Way to be optimistic!

I loved the first one, hope the second is at least half as good.

Yeah, really, SL.  Zemeckis still can make interesting stuff.  Plus, it's an idea that's been gestating for a long enough time that we could see something interesting.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 04:05:55 PM »

currently a lot going for Roger Rabbit this year

The Stooge is currently being proposed to Disney to be a fully animated Disney/Pixar movie and will star Roger Rabbit and Mickey Mouse,it shares the name and bits of the plot to the 1952 Dean Martin/Jerry Lewis movie,but is not a remake

The Stooge is a real development proposal for a Disney/Pixar movie.  It has the same title as the Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis film and some of the same plot elements, but it’s not a remake. The storyline in this Stooge is quite different.

This movie, which will be all animated, has nothing to do with the sequel to Who Framed Roger Rabbit. They are totally different concepts and projects.  It’s not a case of making one instead of the other.  In an ideal, rabbit-centric world, Disney will make both.

The Stooge development producer Erik von Wodtke came up with the story and wrote the treatment.  He showed it to me hoping that I would see how special it was and would be interested in coming in on the project.  With that, he did succeed.  I love the idea of  a Mickey Mouse and Roger Rabbit musical buddy comedy.  This is a co-star pairing made in cartoon heaven.  Two iconic cartoon characters playing off one another in a story that has the heart and emotional soul of films like Wall-E and Toy Story. What Disney fan wouldn’t want to see that?
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Who Wacked Roger Rabbit?,the 3rd book is due later this year

Both Summers and Wolf are optimistic about the prospects for Who Wacked Roger Rabbit? The novel reunites all the old fan favorites—Eddie Valiant, his fuzzy sidekick Roger Rabbit, Baby Herman, and Roger's va-va-voom mate Jessica, who continue their madcap human and Toonian adventures. This time, Eddie is hired to bodyguard for Gary Cooper and Roger Rabbit, the stars of a new movie that's been receiving dire threats—shut down the film or else.

Who Wacked Roger Rabbit? is the culmination of a twenty year wait for fans of the world that Wolf first created in his 1981 Hugo-winning Who Censored Roger Rabbit? The third installment in the series has been promised to fans for a long time but never released.

><><><>><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
and this March,you can buy the 25th Anniversary of Who Framed Roger Rabbit on Blu Ray

Special features include:

Digitally Restored Roger Rabbit Shorts: Tummy Trouble, Roller-Coaster Rabbit and Trail Mix-Up
Feature Audio Commentary
Behind the Ears: The True Story
Who Made Roger Rabbit?
On Set! Benny the Cab
Before & After Split-Screen
Toon Stand-Ins
Deleted Scene: Pig's Head
Toontown Confidential Feature Trivia Track
The Valiant Files: Interactive Set-Top Gallery
Theatrical Trailer

Trailer for the 25th anniversary edition
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNqYC_jNAg

There are also rumours Who Framed Roger Rabbit will be re-released in cinemas in 3D
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
SO,any news on the Roger Rabbit sequel?

well,nothing concrete,this is an Interview with Robert Zemeckis and MTV back from November 2012

MTV: Speaking of "Roger," I've pestered you about a sequel over the years. And I hear there's a script that you're happy with?

Zemeckis: I'm happy with the script. It's very good. It's written by the original writers, and it's good. [But Disney] is still thinking about it. If I were to do the sequel, it would be done just like the first one. It would look the same way, but we would present it in 3-D in its release. I would do all of the animation hand-drawn; 2-D, but using 3-D tools. It wouldn't be like Pixar 3-D. It wouldn't look like that.

MTV: You mention Pixar, and I'm not going to write your script for you — it's already been written — but do those Pixar characters enter into the fray, or do you stick to the original stable?

Zemeckis: No, this would again be another period movie. That's all I can say!

Hopefully if Disney go with The Stooge and it does decently well,they will look into starting up Roger Rabbit 2...but with Bob Hoskins recently announcing his retirement,it will be hard for someone to step into Eddie Valiant's shoes

Zemeckis certainly has the right attitude towards the sequel IMO,I would like it like the original as well,......I love both styles but hand drawn cartoons i love much more dearly than Computer drawn Cartoons

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:17 PM »

I want a live action one with Christina Hendricks as Jessica  drool

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2013, 01:56:02 PM »

pre-production art

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: