http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 08:46:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Resident Evil: Extinction trailer  (Read 1109 times)
DarkEL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 29, 2007, 04:44:06 PM »

Over here on Yahoo
http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809697875/video/3488428/standardformat/
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »

I'll probably be waiting for DVD unless it gets rave reviews.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:24:35 PM »

The previous one was pretty painful (I thought) so I'm not sure if I can pony up the time/cash to see this next one.  Nifty trailer though. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 01:16:13 AM »

First one I thought was actually very entertaining for an RE fan.  The second one was just ridiculous, although it had its moments.  This one looks to stray even farther from the formula, but I'm sure I'll watch it at some point, maybe on cable.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
unbreakable
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 03:12:06 AM »

I liked the RE movies.  I was actually willing to see the last one in the theatre, but Sony kept fucking with the release date.  It seemed to go straight to DVD, eventually.  Either that or it was released in stealth mode.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 12:32:56 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on July 30, 2007, 03:12:06 AM

I liked the RE movies.  I was actually willing to see the last one in the theatre, but Sony kept fucking with the release date.  It seemed to go straight to DVD, eventually.  Either that or it was released in stealth mode.

RE2 did quite well in the theater actually- over $50 million (better than the first movie) with a $23 million opening weekend. 
unbreakable
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 01:09:28 PM »

Wow!  Well, that's good to hear.  I remember two release dates were announced, and then delayed, so it seemed to me Sony was trying to screw it over.  Maybe they were just releasing it when there wasn't much competition.
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »

I thought both movies were really fun in a super-campy way. Especially the super evil monster that was made of rubber. It was so silly! I can't wait for this one.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 12:45:34 PM »

Yeah these movies are hilarious.

They're so bad they're awesome.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »

Finally caught this on Starz HD. Actually not that bad. I really enjoyed the first movie because of all the fan service and how it could plausibly fit in the timeline of the games, but I thought the second one was a big mess. This one certainly lacked the claustrophobia that I would associate with Resident Evil, but I thought the story was focused and well paced and it had quite a few cool zombie chopping scenes. It ended a bit abruptly, though IMHO.  Not a great movie, but I was entertained.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:25 PM »

I heard they are thinking about a 4th one in the series, which would make sense considering how Extinction ended.  I'm looking forward to multiple naked Milla's on screen at once  slywink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2008, 03:09:22 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on July 30, 2008, 03:03:59 PM

Finally caught this on Starz HD. Actually not that bad. I really enjoyed the first movie because of all the fan service and how it could plausibly fit in the timeline of the games, but I thought the second one was a big mess. This one certainly lacked the claustrophobia that I would associate with Resident Evil, but I thought the story was focused and well paced and it had quite a few cool zombie chopping scenes. It ended a bit abruptly, though IMHO.  Not a great movie, but I was entertained.

I agree that the 3rd one ended abruptly. Overall I enjoyed the movie as a guilty pleasure but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't enjoy zombie movies. They certainly took their liberties with the story though and ultimately the movie trilogy resembles almost nothing from the game storyline. Oh well.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2008, 03:38:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 30, 2008, 03:07:25 PM

I heard they are thinking about a 4th one in the series, which would make sense considering how Extinction ended.  I'm looking forward to multiple naked Milla's on screen at once  slywink

Yeah, although the idea of an army of Alices assaulting Umbrella's home base seems a little a silly to me. There was talk of continuing the Claire storyline if Mila wasn't interested in doing another film (which she said at one time).

I am however very interested in Resident Evil: Degeneration, the CGI film with Claire and Leon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: