http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 01:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New G4 Lineup  (Read 542 times)
Graham
Managing Editor
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: January 17, 2006, 09:12:07 PM »

There are a couple of shows I catch on G4, and they recently changed their lineup.  Do people actually watch anything on there?  Here are a few of mine:

Icons (if it interests me)
X-Play
Beast Wars: Transformers (just started recently at 7:00 AM CST, good to wake up to, and it's the 10th year anniversary)

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2006, 09:27:40 PM »

Quote from: "Graham"
There are a couple of shows I catch on G4, and they recently changed their lineup.  Do people actually watch anything on there?  Here are a few of mine:

Icons (if it interests me)
X-Play
Beast Wars: Transformers (just started recently at 7:00 AM CST, good to wake up to, and it's the 10th year anniversary)

I like a few shows...
X-Play, in small doses.
Judgement Day
Cinematech
and Icons.

I cant stand how they are turning G4 into SpikeTV v0.5.  Fastlane?? The Man Show???  All that car shit????  I guess that is what "gamers" want to see.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 10:10:32 PM »

Big fan of Attack of the Show!  I enjoy Cinematech, X-Play, Icons, Judgement Day...you know, I'll watch just about anything gaming-related on there, to tell you the truth.

Fast Lane?  Brainiac?  All that car shit?  Pass, pass, pass.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 10:55:10 PM »

Like I said in the wrap, the average gaming related show seems aimed at a group about ten years younger than me.  *Shrug*  Though I must confess, I love watching Cinematech (unless they are airing City of Heros fan videos).

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 11:05:52 PM »

Fortunately you can get video casts of Patrick Norton's new show- which totally rocks btw, and podcasts of Leo's show....iPods are perfect for that-

otherwise, G4 is lame... sure they have some silly shows and I still catch XPlay-- well actually i just dl the video podcasts of their reviews and catch an occasional Brainiac...but otherwise, it is sad what they did to TechTV....
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 11:45:42 PM »

They certainly seem to be milking the Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes.  Six hours of programming and three of them are ST:TNG.

I like AotS and Cinematech but I'm getting sick of the giant ST:TNG promo shit that invades the entire bottom of the screen every five minutes or so...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 01:29:56 AM »

I read on the G4 forums that Icons and Judgement Day are no longer aired, I went looking after I saw my Tivo had no JD eposides scheduled.  Some follow up reading indicates that JD will air on some other channel under the title of "Reviews on the Run" which is the Canadian title of the JD show.  I wonder what G4 is doing with it's lineup, it sure doesn't appeal to me and I morn the loss of TechTV which had a much better lineup of shows.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 01:37:55 AM »

Quote from: "Zinfan"
I read on the G4 forums that Icons and Judgement Day are no longer aired, I went looking after I saw my Tivo had no JD eposides scheduled.  Some follow up reading indicates that JD will air on some other channel under the title of "Reviews on the Run" which is the Canadian title of the JD show.  I wonder what G4 is doing with it's lineup, it sure doesn't appeal to me and I morn the loss of TechTV which had a much better lineup of shows.

I dont know about JD, but I saw Icons on today.  That sucks about JD.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 01:40:12 AM »

I think they are just not making any new episodes of Icons.  A shame since it was an entertaining show.  Still plenty of unmined stuff out there for them to explore.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: