http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 01:31:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New DareDevil and Fantastic Four Movies(and HULK)  (Read 1558 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »

I think we all knew about there being a new FF movie due(or at least i heard it),but now its official and so is a new DareDevil movie as well

http://www.purplerevolver.com/movies/reel-news/122310-fox-announce-new-daredevil-and-the-fantasic-four-movies-.html

20th Century Fox are readying two Marvel based comic book films with a reboot of Daredevil and a new installment of the Fantastic Four in the works.

Fox owns the rights to both franchises, as well as the X-Men, while Disney owned Marvel Entertainment controls the rest of the Marvel universe, except for Spider-Man which is owned by Sony.

Matt Murdock's Daredevil will be given the reboot after a disapointing run out with Ben Affleck as the lead in 2003.

David James Kelly has been drafted in to rewrite the script, which is said to focus on Sin City creator Frank Miller's Born Again run in the comics.

Twilight Saga: Eclipse director David Slade is at the helm for the project, with the storyline seeing Murdock's foe The Kingpin discovering Daredevil's true identity and using his knowledge to ruin the lawyer's life.

Marvel's favourite crime fighting family is also gearing up for another installment.

The Fantastic Four has Chronicle director Josh Trank working on a take of the film but it is not clear if he will direct the movie.

He has also been linked to Sony's Spider-Man spinoff Venom and Warner Bros comic adaptation The Red Star.

Recasting may be needed for the third installment though as Chris Evans, who played Johnny Storm in the first and second movies, recently donned the star spangled uniform of Captain America in Disney's Cap film and the Avengers.

There has been no official release dates for either film yet.

Notice the "reboot of Daredevil and a new installment of the Fantastic Four in the works" part,they may as well just reboot FF as well,because number 2 was damn shite

apparently a few years ago Jason Statham said that he wanted to play Matt Murdock/DareDevil (and Frank Miller agreed)...i suppose i could see the martial arts/whatever working,but as a blind person?,hmm,no
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 02:34:40 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 12:19:48 PM »

Yeah, they have to reboot FF, or it'll get confusing as to why Captain America is on fire.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:09:56 PM »

Peter Dinklage as Daredevil.  I'm pretty sure the guy could pull even THAT off.

edit:  never mind.  he's already been cast in the X-Men reboot.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 02:15:45 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on May 01, 2012, 12:19:48 PM

Yeah, they have to reboot FF, or it'll get confusing as to why Captain America is on fire.

Oh come on, this is a perfect opportunity for some snazzy cgi to have them get into a fight with each other.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 02:32:18 PM »

They need to reboot FF anyway.  The casting in that movie - especially Reed and Sue - was downright awful.  Storm and Thing weren't bad, but anytime the movie focused on Reed and Sue (and their relationship), it came to a grinding halt.  Ioan Gruffudd just doesn't carry the weight or depth of Reed Richards.  He always looks like a Jr. High School kid working on a science experiment instead of a genius on par with Tony Stark.  And Jessica Alba was absolutely miserable playing Sue, who came across like a frat girl most of the time.

Then again, the plots weren't very good either.

And Daredevil was just awful.  I kind of liked Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin, but beyond that it was a giant piece of shit.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 02:33:49 PM »

Hep-i have been loving that guy in GoT,he could be in anything and everything and i wouldn't mind...next Batman,Indiana Jones remake or Enter the Dragon remake  Tongue..and i'd be IN

found this as well

New Hulk film could be on its way in 2015
http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/187745-a-new-hulk-movie-in-2015

the Hulk has unexpectedly turned into the breakout character in the Marvel Studios continuity-laden franchise, thanks in large part to the smart writing of Joss Whedon and a spectacular performance by Mark Ruffalo. We gave the portrayal of the character a "10 out of 10" and openly expressed our desire to see a new Hulk movie with Ruffalo in the lead role. Now it turns out that Marvel Studios is well aware of increased audience interested in the jade giant, and is currently new feature film for 2015... and possibly even making the Hulk the new face of the company.

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »

I'm that odd guy that liked Daredevil (and I dislike Ben very much)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »

meh, they're only doing the Dardevil and Fantastic Four reboots to hold on to the rights so I'm not getting too excited yet.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

David James Kelly has been drafted in to rewrite the script, which is said to focus on Sin City creator Frank Miller's Born Again run in the comics.
I loved that "run," and have both a graphic novel compilation of it, and the original issues (I was subscribing back in the mid 1980s). So that piques my curiosity.

I think the main issues are how to express Daredevil's being blind and having his "radar" vision in a way that's both entertaining and clearly understood by the audience; and figuring out a costume for him that doesn't look ridiculous. Neither the yellow nor red comic book spandex-type costumes really work in a movie. The brownish-mud leather-vinyl fixations of the earlier movies didn't really come across well to most folks (see http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1168947200/tt0287978). The battles with Elektra seemed like two people in a bondage-p0rn movie.  Bring your own!

Beyond that, a lot of Matt Murdock's life in comics was soap opera like, in a good way. DD often being driven to excessive violence in fighting the Kingpin's minions, Murdocks' various romances and would-be romances, etc. There's a lot to work with, don't know how much of that you can scrunch into a film properly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:08:17 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 01:17:55 AM »

interesting developments on the Daredevil front:

Fox needs to start lensing Daredevil by October 10th or else Marvel gets it back, but Marvel may give them more time if Fox gives Marvel rights to use some characters from the Fantastic Four universe:

But Fox also has something Marvel wants: According to sources close to the project, discussions could include the use of characters from the "Fantastic Four" universe in future Marvel pics, including the giant, world-devouring supervillain Galactus, and his messenger the Silver Surfer. Fox owns rights to both as part of its deal for "Fantastic Four," which the studio is also rebooting with "Chronicle" helmer Josh Trank.

oh, and they're talking with Joe Carnaham about directing the new Daredevil.

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 01, 2012, 02:41:22 PM

I liked most of it as well, especially the director's cut. Now if they had just cut the part in the playground....
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 02:38:33 AM »

Quote from: Blackadar on May 01, 2012, 02:32:18 PM

They need to reboot FF anyway.  The casting in that movie - especially Reed and Sue - was downright awful.  Storm and Thing weren't bad, but anytime the movie focused on Reed and Sue (and their relationship), it came to a grinding halt.  Ioan Gruffudd just doesn't carry the weight or depth of Reed Richards.  He always looks like a Jr. High School kid working on a science experiment instead of a genius on par with Tony Stark.  And Jessica Alba was absolutely miserable playing Sue, who came across like a frat girl most of the time.

Then again, the plots weren't very good either.

And Daredevil was just awful.  I kind of liked Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin, but beyond that it was a giant piece of shit.
Bring back MCD as Kingpin.  that guy just owns the part.  and Chiklis did a pretty good job too. 

but yes, they can't exactly use Cap'n now can they? 

really hope that Ruffalo agrees to go back into the franchise.  I liked his bit more than ed norton's take. 

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2012, 01:34:28 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on May 01, 2012, 02:41:22 PM

I liked DD and Elektra

ninja

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 04:10:44 PM »

I never seen Elektra but I liked DD enough. Haven't seen the Directors cut yet and that is supposed to be better.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »

Quote from: Caine on August 07, 2012, 02:38:33 AM

really hope that Ruffalo agrees to go back into the franchise.  I liked his bit more than ed norton's take. 

Honestly, I don't think the Banner role is important enough to worry about continuity in casting.  As long as they keep using the same actor for the Hulk, it should be good.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »

looks like Daredevl's rights are indeed going back to Marvel.  I didn't realize they got the rights to Punisher back this year too.

With its extention request rejected, 20th Century Fox will have no choice but to allow the rights to "Daredevil" to go back to Marvel, marking the second major character to revert back to the superhero shingle since Disney bought it in 2009.

Under the current terms of the agreement, Fox has to put the pic into production by Oct. 10. But late Monday night, Joe Carnahan, Fox's pick to direct the film, implied that the actioner wasn't happening at the studio.

"Think my idea for a certain retro, red-suited, Serpico-styled superhero went up in smoke today kids," Carnahan tweeted, followed by "We shall see. Time is NOT on anyone's side."

Marvel will regain control of the character sometime after the October deadline passes, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2012, 08:43:51 AM »

good where they belong,just X-Men and Spider-Man to go(Right?)

EDIT:Oh yeah Fantastic Four as well

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 12:19:44 PM »

Fantastic Four reboot starts shooting on June 17th

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fantastic-four/25259/fantastic-four-reboot-shoot-date-and-location-revealed

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 07:24:59 PM »

Wait, so DD and FF can now be part of the new Marvel movie universe?

Interesting.

I mean, the DD movie was terrible, and FF was incredibly campy. Makes you wonder how they'll make them fit into this new Marvel universe, since not only so they need to consider the characters on their own stories, but possible inclusions into the bigger setting.

But, then again, they've been doing that forever now, so they have a lot of writers who know what to do.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:36:25 PM by Turtle » Logged
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:12 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 17, 2013, 07:24:59 PM

Interesting.

I mean, the DD movie was terrible........

I've seen much worse that the Ben Affleck Daredevil, especially the director's cut. I just wish they would have dropped that fight in the park.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 03:05:58 PM »

Quote from: sgoldj on April 17, 2013, 11:57:12 PM

Interesting.

I mean, the DD movie was terrible........

I've seen much worse that the Ben Affleck Daredevil, especially the director's cut. I just wish they would have dropped that fight in the park.

DD is so-so,looking at my DVD is says its the new uncut version(only by a sticker on the case),so i am guessing i have the directors cut(99 minutes)..the park fight was a tad shit

so,anybody seen Electra?..my guess is that its just as bad if not worse,but not seen it

Its good that they are remaking DD anyway,because now Jon Favreau can just be associated with Iron Man(as a character in it not director i mean)and not the character he played in DD,same with them remaking FF so Chris Evans can just be associated as Captain America instead of Johnny Strom

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 06:58:33 PM »

DD, yes, FF, no, as 20th Century Fox is making yet another film.

At least I think so anyway.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 05:01:07 PM »

Although this is not about DareDevil,FF or Hulk movies it seems to be the 'unofficial' place to post about Marvel movie rights

so some good news

Blade,The Punisher and Ghostrider movie rights all go back home to Marvel

so it's been a good couple of months for Marvel with them getting Dare Devil movie rights back last month

Marvel Studios has regained the movie rights to The Punisher, Ghost Rider and Blade, it's been confirmed...

It was a sad moment last year when the rights to make Daredevil movies reverted back to Marvel from Fox. Sad, because director Joe Carnahan had put together some work that seemed close to nailing the character for a new big screen interpretation, but was beaten by the clock. A real pity.

A new piece at Entertainment Weekly meanwhile has confirmed that a few more properties are back in Marvel hands. It was already widely assumed that Blade and The Punisher were back in house, although we don't recall seeing anything absolutely official on that. It's definite now. But what is news is that Ghost Rider has reverted back to Marvel Studios too.

That, unsurprisingly, brings to an end Nicolas Cage's tenure in the title role, with the underwhelming box office receipts for Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance the likely reason that all concerned didn't press ahead with a third outing.

Our guess is that Ghost Rider will be retired in movies for some time to come, though. Certainly, we'd be amazed if he turned up in Marvel's phase four, yet alone phase three. But we'll keep you posted if we hear differently...

I am just happy that Marvel are slowly getting their properties back

so,as i said in a post above paranoid

Just Spider-Man,X-Men and Fantastic Four to go(I think)

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »

I cannot see them quite mixing in with the Avengers, but they'd make a great spin-off phase along with Daredevil, maybe one that culminates in a Heroes for Hire movie.

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 05:19:44 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 03, 2013, 05:13:48 PM

I cannot see them quite mixing in with the Avengers, but they'd make a great spin-off phase along with Daredevil, maybe one that culminates in a Heroes for Hire movie.

maybe not,but one of them could appear in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie in some form
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Marvel_Comics_characters:_S#Spirit_of_Vengeance

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »

Oh,and now for some actual Fantastic Four news again,both from Den of Geek

If turning out to be true it looks like they are going for something surprising for the Brother and Sister from the team

Allison Williams to play Sue Storm in New FF movie?

Thanks to her work in the critically acclaimed HBO show Girls, Alison Williams is being coveted for some interesting movie roles. For instance, she is reportedly close to signing on for the lead role in Shawn Levy's When You Were Mine for Fox, which is based on the Rebecca Serle book rather than the Prince song apparently.

Another role of note that she's being linked to is is another Fox production: Josh Trank's reboot of The Fantastic Four. It would appear she's being considered for the role of Sue Storm, a role previously played by Jessica Alba.

She's not officially signed on the dotted line yet, we understand. But this is the first solid casting rumour we've heard for the new Fantastic Four, and with production starting this year, we expect the identity of the new take on Marvel's first family to fall into place sooner rather than later.

Michael B Jordan to play Johnny Storm in new FF movie?

a fresh rumour has suggested the identity of the man set to play the Human Torch in the movie. And it's someone who has worked with Trank previously on the rather excellent Chronicle. The actor in question is Michael B Jordan.

Jordan was fantastic in Chronicle, The Wire and Friday Night Lights, and he's also currently getting rave reviews for his portrayal of an unarmed man who was shot to death by police in Fruitvale Station.

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 06:41:49 PM »

I would watch Alison Williams peel potatoes, but I'm still unconvinced anyone can make a Fantastic Four movie that isn't total cheese.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 07:28:37 PM »

I like that Michael B Jordan, too.  He's really a fantastic actor, no pun intended.  However, he seems to have a bit more gravitas than I'd want in a Johnny Storm.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: