http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:37:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix splitting DVD and Streaming fees (now splitting into two entities!!!)  (Read 5578 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »

I am continuously amazed at my own goofiness.  I have a disc that netflix sent me 4 FRIGGIN' MONTHS AGO sitting on my coffee table that I've yet to return.  When I had a blockbuster or hollywood video store, I would have those damn things back as soon as I was done watching them.  But take away any threat of reprisal and I'm the laziest son of a bitch in town.   icon_cry

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2011, 04:19:44 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on July 21, 2011, 04:08:53 PM

I am continuously amazed at my own goofiness.  I have a disc that netflix sent me 4 FRIGGIN' MONTHS AGO sitting on my coffee table that I've yet to return.  When I had a blockbuster or hollywood video store, I would have those damn things back as soon as I was done watching them.  But take away any threat of reprisal and I'm the laziest son of a bitch in town.   icon_cry

Same here. Took me like 4 months to watch 'The Orphanage' when I get it from Netflix recently. Perhaps a good reason for me to just go streaming only this September.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2011, 06:32:16 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 21, 2011, 04:19:44 PM

Same here. Took me like 4 months to watch 'The Orphanage' when I get it from Netflix recently. Perhaps a good reason for me to just go streaming only this September.

I believe I had Superman out for 6+ months.  Never watched it.  Only sent it back in after I said 'this is ridiculous' and canceled the disks entirely.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2011, 10:56:07 PM »

Quote from: gellar on July 21, 2011, 06:32:16 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 21, 2011, 04:19:44 PM

I believe I had Superman out for 6+ months.  Never watched it.  Only sent it back in after I said 'this is ridiculous' and canceled the disks entirely.

I have a personal policy that if I haven't watched a Netflix movie after it has sat around for a couple weeks, I just send it back because clearly I'm not in the mood to watch it now.  They'll send me something else from my queue that I'm more likely to watch, and I put that movie i sent back into my queue at a lower spot (if I even still want to watch it at some point).

Sandwiches do fix everything.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 24, 2011, 11:57:36 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 21, 2011, 04:02:50 PM

Quote from: rshetts2 on July 21, 2011, 03:54:19 PM

Well Blockbuster just upped the ante for mail service discs.  They have a 2 disc plan for $14.99 a month, that includes blurays and game rentals at no additional charge.  So you can have a game out as long as you need and still get movies coming in.  Since I have 2 Blockbuster stores within 3 miles of my house and you can also do in store exchanges,  this looks like my new service.  Hell, my 1 disc service from netflix is already $12 ( including the bs bluray upcharge ) So its $3 more to add the extra disc and get gaming access.  I really dont watch the streaming on NF that much and I also have amazon prime already so it looks like Im done with Netflix.

damn, gonna have to check them out.  they closed the local store though, so I won't bother with the in-store exchanges.  I do see new games don't seem to be readily available until a few months later for monthly subscribers unless you want to pay an extra fee though.

I looked through the agreement and didnt see the anything about delayed new games being delayed for monthly subscribers,  where did you find that?
Anyways, they have a free 30 day trial so I went for it.  I got my first disc 1 day after I signed up.  The central distribution center is 60 miles away from my home   icon_biggrin  The disc:  The Adjustment Bureau, blu ray.  That was on a long wait for me on NF.  Coincidently my NF sub was up for its monthly renewal tomorrow, so I cancelled it today. 
 It looks like if NetFlix wants to divest themselves of the inmail disc business and go straight streaming, Blockbuster will be happy to step in and snap up the business.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/09/15/financial/f140949D25.DTL

Netflix not doing so good after the price increase.  Will they disappear in a year or two after the big networks don't re-up?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2011, 10:31:30 PM »

I noticed a charge for $19.99 on my bank account from Netflix and couldn't figure out what it was for at first. Then I realized after I cancelled my $9.99 plan (they really should have grandfathered existing long-term customers in and put the price hike on new customers) and switched to the $7.99 streaming option, they still sent me another dvd. I threw it to the side somewhere (still haven't found it) and after the 30 days of not returning, they charged me $20 for it.

Little pissed off about that as I didn't even want the dvd, my fault for not returning it but their fault for sending it after the dvd plan was cancelled.

With the loss of Starz (and one of my favorite shows Spartacus) I'll probably just cancel. The only thing I've been using Netflix for were tv shows. I was okay waiting 3 months for Camelot to show up on Starz, but now we're losing it completely.

I wanted to catch up on Caprica but that's not available either. With such a small selection to choose from, probably going to wind up just cancelling Netflix all together. I'll wait until January though, just in case the Starz deal is salvaged. I don't think Netflix will cave in (price hike or not) to Starz wanting more money for their content, but if the competition (such as Amazon or Blockbuster) are able pick up Starz, it might make them think twice about giving up on negotiations and sit at the table again.

If we lose Starz (and Netflix gets to save that money from not having to pay them) then they should work out a deal with someone else, HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, hell even SyFy channel.. use that money you're saving from losing Starz and the money from the recent price hike to give us some new content!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 15, 2011, 10:31:30 PM

I wanted to catch up on Caprica but that's not available either.

just to warn you-  you'd be watching a show get really good just in time for them to cancel it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2011, 03:21:45 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 15, 2011, 09:39:57 PM

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2011/09/15/financial/f140949D25.DTL

Netflix not doing so good after the price increase.  Will they disappear in a year or two after the big networks don't re-up?

I just don't see what option they have.  The studios want their share of the pie, except apparently the consumers aren't willing to dish out that much.  Netflix is caught between a rock and a hard place.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2011, 05:46:20 AM »

Quote from: Laner on September 16, 2011, 03:21:45 AM

Netflix not doing so good after the price increase.  Will they disappear in a year or two after the big networks don't re-up?

I just don't see what option they have.  The studios want their share of the pie, except apparently the consumers aren't willing to dish out that much.  Netflix is caught between a rock and a hard place.

And neither is Netflix apparently, as they walked away from negotiations to keep Starz. Maybe they'll pass those savings on to their customers?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 16, 2011, 05:46:20 AM

Netflix not doing so good after the price increase.  Will they disappear in a year or two after the big networks don't re-up?

I just don't see what option they have.  The studios want their share of the pie, except apparently the consumers aren't willing to dish out that much.  Netflix is caught between a rock and a hard place.

And neither is Netflix apparently, as they walked away from negotiations to keep Starz. Maybe they'll pass those savings on to their customers?
If Starz was the only company demanding higher licensing fees, you might have a point.  But they're not - just the most visible one at the moment.

Edit to point out Starz is the one who walked away from the table, not Netflix.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:02:31 AM by Laner » Logged
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 15, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 15, 2011, 10:31:30 PM

I wanted to catch up on Caprica but that's not available either.

just to warn you-  you'd be watching a show get really good just in time for them to cancel it.

Epic fail from SyFy, that.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: September 19, 2011, 04:39:30 AM »

Taken it a step further. Now separating into two companies

DVD by mail is now Qwikster and Netflix is now streaming only

see http://blog.netflix.com/2011/09/explanation-and-some-reflections.html
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 19, 2011, 04:53:24 AM »

Quote from: DarkEL on September 19, 2011, 04:39:30 AM

Weird, but the mail service will be adding video games. If the service is good, then could take over for Gamefly...
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: September 19, 2011, 06:10:38 AM »

Ugh, changing the name of the business that initially established them seems like a really bad move.  Although it seems like they are trying to phase out discs as soon as possible anyway, so I guess giving it another shove closer to the cliff of obscurity isn't that big of a deal.

A negative of the renaming and separation is that the Qwikster.com and Netflix.com websites will not be integrated. So if you subscribe to both services, and if you need to change your credit card or email address, you would need to do it in two places. Similarly, if you rate or review a movie on Qwikster, it doesn’t show up on Netflix, and vice-versa.

Joy.  One of the things I liked about the disc and streaming integration was that any discs I had in my queue that became available on streaming would be instantly added, and if I rated one of them it applied to both.  Just another tiny wedge driving people away from using one of the services.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2011, 07:54:41 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 16, 2011, 05:46:20 AM

Personally I'd prefer it if they took that money and went looking for other sources of media for streaming.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 19, 2011, 09:02:44 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 19, 2011, 04:53:24 AM

Weird, but the mail service will be adding video games. If the service is good, then could take over for Gamefly...

I wonder how much they are going to charge for the 'game upgrade'.

Because I can,
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 19, 2011, 12:19:26 PM »

There is an editorial at Engadget that's pretty insightful.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/19/editorial-reed-hastings-netflix-spinoff-isnt-about-dvd-succes/

Short version of the article is that DVD by mail is not going to be successful in the future due to (likely) changes to the USPS that will make it unprofitable and/or increased competition from RedBox. Splitting into two companies lets them slowly, but surely, wind down DVD by mail operations while letting them have (hopefully) greater leverage with the media companies.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 19, 2011, 01:29:38 PM »

Quote from: Calavera on September 19, 2011, 12:19:26 PM

There is an editorial at Engadget that's pretty insightful.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/19/editorial-reed-hastings-netflix-spinoff-isnt-about-dvd-succes/

Short version of the article is that DVD by mail is not going to be successful in the future due to (likely) changes to the USPS that will make it unprofitable and/or increased competition from RedBox. Splitting into two companies lets them slowly, but surely, wind down DVD by mail operations while letting them have (hopefully) greater leverage with the media companies.

I guess you could call that insightful,  it seemed pretty obvious to me.  Netflix has been hinting for the last couple of years that they see the future in streaming content and not in mail service dvds.  Joint queues and ratings would be simple to implement, even with separate websites and yet they are withholding this convenience. They expect the dvd service to crash and burn, which is why they are so drastically separating it.   They want the digital streaming Netflix entity, totally separate from the dvd portion to avoid as much negative backlash to streaming as possible when they finally kill off the dvd service.  This move is about as subtle as a 2x4 twixt the peepers. 

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 19, 2011, 02:22:43 PM »

DVDs are still a big profit driver for them. I am willing to bet five years from now there is still a DVD service, though it will likely be smaller (barring some huge paradigm shift in mail fees, as the editorial mentions). 

Netflix is the best streaming service around.  I'm a Hulu Plus subscriber and think it's pretty bad.  I pay for the service and still see nearly as many ads as if it were on plain cable.  I hope Netflix can work out all the issues cropping up around licensing, because I really don't want to deal with the fragmented landscape filled with Hulus and HBO Go's they'll leave behind if they can't.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 19, 2011, 02:37:31 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2011, 09:02:44 AM

I have to imagine it's going to be less than $25, which I think is what my 2-at-a-time Gamefly costs.  I just wonder how much stock they will have.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2011, 02:57:47 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 19, 2011, 02:37:31 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 19, 2011, 09:02:44 AM

I have to imagine it's going to be less than $25, which I think is what my 2-at-a-time Gamefly costs.  I just wonder how much stock they will have.

I hope it's not a separate option, like 2 discs out for 12 bucks plus 1 game out for 12 bucks. since they mention:

One improvement we will make at launch is to add a video games upgrade option, similar to our upgrade option for Blu-ray, for those who want to rent Wii, PS3 and Xbox 360 games. Members have been asking for video games for many years, and now that DVD by mail has its own team, we are finally getting it done.

I'm kinda hoping that it will be 2 discs out at a time but one or both could be games instead of movies with a small extra charge like they do with blu rays.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:05:15 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 19, 2011, 06:10:38 AM

Joy.  One of the things I liked about the disc and streaming integration was that any discs I had in my queue that became available on streaming would be instantly added, and if I rated one of them it applied to both.  Just another tiny wedge driving people away from using one of the services.

Ugh... All of this.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »

Telling everyone in a press conference that you're not doing doing this in order to sell off one of the parts is a sure sign that you're doing this in order to sell off one of the parts.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 19, 2011, 03:26:16 PM »

Well, this was enough to get me to finally quit.  I'll be giving Red Box and my one surviving local independently owned rental store a try for the next few months to see how it goes.  If I ever have that much trouble finding something I want to watch, I can always just re-up Qwikster for a month, if I can manage to stifle the gag reflex I get when I say the name.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2011, 03:34:41 PM »

After reading the email I think I did exactly what they wanted, I canceled my dvd plan and kept streaming (because I get a ton of value from all of the shows my kids watch through streaming...and I save money not having to buy them movies).  It seems clear that the leadership of Netflix is not invested in the future of the dvd rental business by the fact that it will no longer have their name.  That's a strong message.  They are going nearly all-in on the streaming product.

I think this is a mistake.  While streaming may be the future, if it's still a reasonable expense for both cutomers and Netflix given licensing fees and IP bandwidth fees, their bread and butter core business is dvd rentals.  Intentionally not integrating both is a pain in the ass for customers, soon having to manage 2 seperate log ins and 2 invoice charges.  You don't think there will be invoicing issues with split charges from 2 different companies?  If they can pull that off seamlessly I'd be surprised.  

I'm sure they have forcast models and predictions for lost customers due to the price change and this decision, but I don't think they understand the full impact of the customer loss that's coming their way.  I liked the old Netflix product, and I'll miss the dvd rentals, but they are making some serious blunders that I hope doesn't kill their business.  At best, it opens the door for competition, which I guess is good for us.          
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:38:11 PM by Roguetad » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2011, 03:45:58 PM »

I think I'm going to drop the DVD side too, but I'll wait a month or two so I can empty my queue of shows I want to see that aren't on streaming.  after doing some weeding out of ones that I don't really care about seeing and ones that I think I'll just up and buy I have about 60 discs left in there, so as long as I don't get lazy and not put them in the mail I should be able to make a sizable dent.   after that I'll probably just re-up for a monthy every now and then to catch up on stuff I haven't bought.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2011, 04:52:14 PM »

One other thing that may have influenced this decision and may wreak havoc on all the dvd mail services are the multitude of problems facing the US Postal service.  They are hurting in a seriously bad way and while I doubt the government will let them fail completely, I can see mail delivery being reduced substantially.  There was talk of eliminating saturday deliveries and a friend of mine at the PO told me that theres been talk recently of reducing mail service to three days a week, a M-W-F  kind of thing.  They have been shutting down PO branches all over the country and have removed tons of those corner mailboxs, that you used to see everywhere.   Im thinking the ramifications of whats potentially going to happen to the postal service has many mail based delivery companies very nervous.  Even if the worst that happens is an increase in postal fees, Qwikster ( the company formerly known as Netflix, insert funky Prince like symbols here ) will take a hit.  Imagine the expense they would incur with the huge volume of discs they send and receive.

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2011, 04:55:38 PM »

I missed this thread earlier, but this is no surprise to me as it's been streaming only since day 1 in Canada. At least you folks south of the border can still choose the DVD option.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2011, 05:20:27 PM »

Basically, I echo roguetad's thoughts. This is one hell of a headscratcher from Netflix. My take is that they think the DVD/BluRay business is going to slowly fade away, so they don't that business tarnishing their main brand name. Netflix wants to be at the top of the streaming market.. so they're cutting what they perceive is 'dead weight'. The thing is.. DVD/BluRays aren't going to go away. There's a vast catalogue of stuff that's simply not available on streaming that one can only get thru physical media.

This sucks for me because now when I want to see something on top-notch BluRay, I'm gonna have to schlep it to a Redbox machine or just go to one of the very few remaining video stores in my area. So.. if I want to watch something like, a foreign cinema classic, that's gonna take an extra effort.  icon_neutral
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »

I got the letter in my email today and found it completely ridiculous and annoying.  After all the apologies, I thought there'd be some sort of price change or freebie giveaway to assuage ill will.  Instead...  splitting into 2 companies?  Who the f- cares?  You still effectively doubled your rates and then acted surprised when people dumped your service.  I wanted to send a reply to the guy and tell him he's an idiot lol.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2011, 05:54:38 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on September 19, 2011, 05:20:27 PM

Basically, I echo roguetad's thoughts. This is one hell of a headscratcher from Netflix. My take is that they think the DVD/BluRay business is going to slowly fade away, so they don't that business tarnishing their main brand name. Netflix wants to be at the top of the streaming market.. so they're cutting what they perceive is 'dead weight'. The thing is.. DVD/BluRays aren't going to go away. There's a vast catalogue of stuff that's simply not available on streaming that one can only get thru physical media.

This sucks for me because now when I want to see something on top-notch BluRay, I'm gonna have to schlep it to a Redbox machine or just go to one of the very few remaining video stores in my area. So.. if I want to watch something like, a foreign cinema classic, that's gonna take an extra effort.  icon_neutral

I'm not sure that they think it's going to go away... I think they think it is becoming increasingly less profitable possibly to the point of entirely unprofitable.

It's not that people don't and won't want that service, it's that Netflix doesn't think they can provide it to them in a manner that makes sense to them and their shareholders.  Splitting the company effectively hedges that bet.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »

I don't understand the logic if banking your business on streaming only unless you can get new releases at the time of release.  I don't want to watch old movies, I want to see the stuff I didn't catch in theaters.  Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that way.  Are there really enough people out there watching old movies over and over again to bank your entire business on streaming?
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2011, 03:10:27 AM »

I would guess that they know their business better than we do, and on paper it's making financial sense for them to do this.

I also wonder if they said 'well, we know we have a good service, and since everyone is already all pissed off right now, let's just get all of the bad news out of the way at once so everyone will be getting over it all at the same time.'  I imagine that they (rightly) expect customers to start coming back to probably both of their services once they realize that most of the other options are still not as good of a deal.

I hope that as part of this, there ends up being more new(er) releases available via streaming... I would pay more for the streaming service if I could watch more new movies... it would still have to be cheaper than renting them one at a time, either via DVD or something like zune or amazon.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2011, 03:27:18 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 20, 2011, 12:29:35 AM

I don't understand the logic if banking your business on streaming only unless you can get new releases at the time of release.  I don't want to watch old movies, I want to see the stuff I didn't catch in theaters.  Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that way.  Are there really enough people out there watching old movies over and over again to bank your entire business on streaming?

I don't know about watching old movies over and over but the streaming service has certainly gotten me to watch a number of non-blockbuster flicks I've really enjoyed - either stuff that's been reccomedned here or stuff I've discovered on my own. I've kinda gotten used that. They also have a pretty good selection of television programs on streaming, many decent ones I missed when they first began airing (Nip & Tuck, Pawn Stars, and now BreakingBad). I have 139 items in my streaming queue which is plenty of stuff to go through at the moment.

So for me the $8 a month is fair for what I get but realize it's not going to be desirable for everyone (or most).

I think they're also right on banking on streaming and winding down the DVD service. If the post office starts cutting back on distribution days or continues raising the price of postage that'll hurt. Better to switch the focus when they have the money to rather than wait for a last ditch effort.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2011, 03:31:55 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 20, 2011, 12:29:35 AM

Some of a profitable business is better than all of an unprofitable one.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2011, 04:57:17 AM »

Having only the streaming service as an option, I've crunched numbers a few times in terms of what I can view and what I want to view. Even costing in the extra I have to occassionally pay for new release rentals, Netflix comes out a clear winner in comparison to my other media options. It's hard to beat $8/month even if you're only interested in a few of the genres they offer. For me the Foreign films alone easily make it worth the cost - can't even rent a 3rd of them at local outlets. I think if Netflix can keep market momentum, the quality and timeliness of releases will continue to improve. I can only speak for the Canadian streaming service, but its leaps and bounds better then it was when it debuted about a year ago.
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2011, 05:16:09 AM »

Hell I pay the $8/mo solely as boredom insurance.  I don't watch it very often, but there's always something worth watching there on a rainy day.

The DVD/Blu-Ray service is of no interest to me.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/netflix

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2011, 01:56:19 PM »

We're cancelling the disc side. Not having linked queues is the dealbreaker.

I'll emulate what others have said: Netflix isn't going to get new releases streaming at 1080p+ and that's what I want from my home theater.

This could be a comeback opportunity for blockbuster.

Regarding the mail. Here we only get mail on odd numbered M-F days. It's not every other day, like it sounds at first. Point of note: September 1st was a Thursday so we got mail; Friday was the 2nd, no mail; Sat and Sun, no mail; Monday was the 5th but a holiday, no mail; Tuesday was the 6th, no mail, Wednesday the 7th we got mail. We went almost a week without mail service. It hurts.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: