http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 12:13:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix - Christmas delays?  (Read 1304 times)
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2004, 08:48:44 PM »

Is anyone else having delays getting movies from Netflix the past week or two? I have a Netflix distribution center right here in my town, and am very accustomed to getting the movies overnight. My last one shipped Thursday, and still didn't get it today.  It's been this way for the past few deliveries, taking 3-4 days.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 09:02:35 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
Is anyone else having delays getting movies from Netflix the past week or two? I have a Netflix distribution center right here in my town, and am very accustomed to getting the movies overnight. My last one shipped Thursday, and still didn't get it today.  It's been this way for the past few deliveries, taking 3-4 days.

It's been hit or miss for me.  Some arrive the day after they ship, others 2, and one was even 3 days (I can't remember if a weekend was involved there or not).  Been a bit slow since Thanksgiving.  I'm actually totally out of Netflix DVDs at home as a result, though disc 6 of Season 1 of 24 should be in my mailbox today, I hope.

Mike

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 09:08:37 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
I'm actually totally out of Netflix DVDs at home as a result,

Same here, I'm fresh out, and it's a bit frustrating. I was hoping to get the next disc of my Carnivale series today, and no such luck.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 09:11:28 PM »

Might be my fault I'm holding onto Carnivale. *chuckles*

Ascendent
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 11:49:20 PM »

Up through the end of last week I've been getting the same 2 day turnaround. We'll see if I get the new releases tomorrow.

It's nice to be grandfathered into the 4 at a time plan. biggrin

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 12:58:27 AM »

Got the disc that was shipped Friday today.  Usually get it next day, but at least it's not Tuesday or later.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 01:16:56 AM »

i think it took an extra day.  I'm not gonna complain, I mean how many times have they delivered the dvd's to me faster than expected?  Almost every shipment.

If if becomes a regular thing, you'll just have to plan it better.  Meaning, don't send back both dvd's at the same time, send one right after you finish watching it, then watch the next dvd.  Unless you're a couch potatoe and watch all 3 dvds in one sitting, well, get a life biggrin  Just kidding smile
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2004, 07:51:52 PM »

I've been getting all my discs on time.  Not sure what the delay would be.  I can't imagine having to wait for a Carnivale disc....one of those shows you don't want to quit watching, and then to have it be late.  i might be freaking out if I were you.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 10:03:37 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
I've been getting all my discs on time.  Not sure what the delay would be.  I can't imagine having to wait for a Carnivale disc....one of those shows you don't want to quit watching, and then to have it be late.  i might be freaking out if I were you.

Oddly, a Carnivale disc shipped yesterday, and I got it today, right on time. I, Robot, which shipped last Thursday, has yet to show up, even in today's mail. I tried to report it late, but the shipping problem reporting page said I had to wait 6 full days before reporting one lost.

Two more DVD's shipped today, so we'll see if they show up tomorrow.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 02:41:00 PM »

Only once have I ever had a problem with Netflix and the day I started to get really frustrated, the disc showed up.  They've been really good to me, I must say.  Good luck with the Carnivale disc!  I've been wearing my set out so far.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2004, 06:48:45 PM »

My DVDs are getting to the distribution center fine.  Next day, every time.  It's getting back to me that's the frustrating, time taking part of the deal!  Odd.

Mike

Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 09:16:55 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
My DVDs are getting to the distribution center fine.  Next day, every time.  It's getting back to me that's the frustrating, time taking part of the deal!  Odd.

Mike

I'm having pretty much the same problem, and it makes me wonder if they aren't "holding back" on us .. heh.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 09:26:07 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
I'm having pretty much the same problem, and it makes me wonder if they aren't "holding back" on us .. heh.

As of this week I'm still getting stuff delivered overnight, two day turnaround in total. I had two of tuesday's new releases on tuesday.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: