http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 02:38:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need suggestion for gaming podcast  (Read 345 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:16:51 AM »

Looking to get back into this...

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:24:54 PM »

1) GiantBomb
2) Weekend Confirmed

Both of these are fantastic in my opinion. Plenty of information/commentary and extremely entertaining to listen to.  They are both kinda on the long side though (around 2 hrs each), so if you are looking for something short and conceise, look elsewhere.
Calavera
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 18, 2011, 11:16:51 AM

Looking to get back into this...

GiantBomb. Actually, I'd get the Whiskey Media membership for $50/year and watch the Happy Hour as well.

I also liked listening to 'Final Score' as well. But sometimes it was on the boring side...
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 03:46:37 PM »

Giant bomb is the only one i listen to now.

I love the tangents they go on and the big draw is the guys doing it.

If you have no attachment to Gerstmann or Davis (or Vinny or Brad) you may not appreciate all the rabbit holes they go down and the amount of time they spend on what they've been playing.

I however, never miss it and am saddened that it's only 2.5 hrs long per week.   icon_wink
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 03:52:03 PM »

I like Weekend Confirmed because they do a lot of talk about games they are playing right now, but Garrett is annoying.

I'm gonna give a plug to www.gamerswithjobs.com if you want intelligent gaming discussion.

"Goonies never say die"
vizionblind

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 04:40:37 PM »

giant bombcast
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 04:42:39 PM »

I'm a big fan of "Jumping the Shark", the official GameShark.com podcast.  The four regulars are thoughtful, well-spoken, and funny, and they all seem to genuinely like talking to each other -- there's no Brad Shoemaker or Tina Sanchez in the bunch for everyone else to gang up on.  I found it after Bill Abner made a couple guest appearances on Troy Goodfellow's "Three Moves Ahead," and liked it so much that I've been listening the the entire back catalog.

Their most recent episode about whether a game's price should be considered in its review is actually one of the best yet.  Check that one (#84) out if you're interested.

-Autistic Angel
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 06:08:58 PM »

Gamers with Jobs is probably my favorite. They mainly focus on computer/video games but will talk about card/board games at times as well as iPhone/iPad games. Every once in awhile they'll get guest game creators to join their calls and usually talk about their games a bit. Kev Levine (Thief/System Shock/Bioshock) goes on every once in awhile and is usually pretty fun to listen to. The show is best when they have the main crew together but I also like that they'll swtich things up and have a secondary crew do podcasts as well - they're usually pretty decent too.

Cagcast (Cheap Ass Gamer) is another one I listen to regularly. It's a three person crew - CheapyD, Wombat and Shipwreck. Their best stuff is usually at the start of the show when they talk about what's been going on in their lives. Its ususually pretty humorous. CheapyD is basically Howard Stern so expect crass. Wombat has an annoying personality who I hated at first but kinda grew to like now that I've gotten used to him. Shipwreck is the most even keel of the bunch and is a hardcore gamer but down to earth. When they added Shipwreck it really helped with the chemestry. They're all console gamers so all the games they discuss are those but they also discuss sales numbers which is usually pretty interesting to hear. They had one of their best shows recently #240 so check that one out to start with.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 07:07:18 PM »

Hmmnn, this seems like a good place to ask: What would YOU like to see, er, hear in a revitalized Gaming Trend podcast?

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 09:24:42 AM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on August 18, 2011, 07:07:18 PM

Hmmnn, this seems like a good place to ask: What would YOU like to see, er, hear in a revitalized Gaming Trend podcast?

More Impressions
Less Personal life

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 12:00:49 PM »

Actually, I think it's the personal life that makes a podcast enjoyable to listen to.  I can get straight news/reviews off the internet and easily filter for what I specifically want to read about.  What I can't get is personality and entertainment, and for that you need a personal touch.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: