http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 08:21:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help with frequent flyer miles  (Read 710 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2004, 04:52:01 AM »

Ok i'll admit i'm ignorant here and i need some help, so here's the deal..........

My wife will be starting a traveling job in December where every 3 months she'll be moving across the country to wherever we like.  The company is paying for her travel and also agrees to let her get the frequent flyer miles.  And since i'll be logging the same miles she will, i figure this is a good chance to start rolling some up.
However, i have no earthly idea how this works.  How do you get miles?  How are they calculated?  What airlines does anyone prefer?  Etc. Etc. Etc.
If someone wants to school me i'm ready to take notes.

dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 05:11:51 AM »

First, you should go with the program of the airline that you will fly most.  Though, most airlines allow you to transfer miles between them.

All you have to do to start getting miles is to sign up for the program (which is free) on the webpage of the airline, or using on of their brochures.

Then when you book your flight, put your id number in (which you will get assigned when you sign up).

Your mileage is automatically assigned.  When you get enough miles, you can request the reward flight (which is subject to all sorts of restrictions and blackout dates on most programs.)  It takes about 25000 miles to get a free flight.  You usually get awarded the actual mileage of the trip or 500 miles per trip whichever is higher.

If you get enough miles, you get upgrade in the program to certain levels that give you benefits like free upgrades and stuff like that.  But that is only in the 500000 to 1000000 miles per year range.

Oh and you'll both need to sign up and have seperate accounts; and unfortunately, there is no sharing mileage between accounts.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 01:31:17 PM »

i figured it worked sorta that way.  i was just hoping we could share miles, too bad.  
thanks for the help

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: