http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 12:37:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help regarding craigslist  (Read 1378 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2009, 05:56:51 PM »

Around a month ago I posted a sprint phone for sale on craigslist. It sold the same day and I went in and deleted the post. On January 1st, 2009, the post showed up again and I started getting mad calls. I kept telling people it sold a long time ago until one lady said she just saw the ad today, so I checked online and there it was.. flagged it and emailed craigslist techincal support. No answer and it stayed up.
On January 5th, it posted yet again without my permission. Flagged and emailed technical support. Nothing done, constant phone calls (to the point of interrupting my sleep now) continue asking about the phone.

Now today, January 13th, it reposted itself AGAIN without my permission. So I tried starting a craigslist account with the same email I used to register the post in the first place. Got my account up and running but it shows no posts, active or archived, for me. So I flagged the ad again, filled out craigslist help form as well as sent an email to [email protected]. If it's anything like the past two weeks, I'm not expecting much from them.

What's bothering me is the NON-STOP phone calls I keep getting about something I sold a month ago. I work at a county jail so we have to have our phones on 24/7 in case an emergency comes up but I'm at the point of just wanting to turn my phone off and get a decent day of sleep (I work 3pm to 11pm shift) without being woken up every hour. I know it's not the people's fault, they don't know any better it looks like a brand new ad. Craigslist has been extremely uncooperative in helping me as all of my requests have gone unanswered. Since this is the third time my ad has reposted itself, it's a safe guess to say this will keep going on.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get the post permanently deleted? I'd even welcome banning my email address from craigslist if that'd do anything.

Just in case, the post in question is:
http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/ele/991214091.html 

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:03:32 PM »

I have no idea how to help with the reposting (I've never had an issue with that on Craigslist), but I did help you out by flagging it.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 06:50:39 PM »

cool phone, is it still available?

sorry, couldn't resist  icon_twisted

don't think i have ever heard of such a thing.  send it to the consumerist.com and see if they have any phone #'s to call or higher ups to contact.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »

Man, I would never put my phone number on there anyway.  I always handle everything through email until it looks like I've got a specific buyer. 
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 07:24:22 PM »

Instead of deleting it why not try to edit it and remove your phone number? I don’t think craigslist allows for duplicate entries.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 08:17:09 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on January 13, 2009, 07:24:22 PM

Instead of deleting it why not try to edit it and remove your phone number?

Or insert the number of someone you don't like.  icon_twisted
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 09:04:23 PM »

i don't think he can.  notice he remade his account and no posts are associated with it.  sadly, no phone misdirection.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 10:12:03 PM »

Why the hell would you put your phone number on craigslist?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 04:31:49 AM »

Why the hell wouldn't I? I've never had a problem posting my number with the dozen other craigslist posts I had up. When it's sold I simply take it down. You're more likely to get spammed in your email than your phone number. (At least that's been my case.)
Obviously if I had known the post was going to keep reposting itself like this I would have never put my phone number on it.

I was able to find my old original craigslist confirmation from that post and clicked the link so I could edit it. The page that comes up shows an error and says that the post was already deleted. (This was before it got flagged - which btw thanks to everyone here who flagged it!) I also tried using the sending past posts to my email but it said I didn't have any posts.

Finally sent another email to [email protected] which I'm hoping they will actually do something about. All my other help requests had been using their online help form which they of course never responded to.

Since this is the first time the post got flagged (again thanks to anyone here who flagged it!) maybe that'll be enough for craigslist to stop it from reposting itself again in a week. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic!  icon_biggrin

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 04:46:00 AM »

If you use craigslist a lot and want to keep listing a phone number, maybe it'd be helpful to get one of those "pay as you go" (no contract, e.g., Tracfone, etc.) cell phones and use that number strictly just for that purpose? With most of them now you can get a cheapy phone for $10 or so, and keep the service going for roughly $20 per 3 months.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 12:46:18 AM »

Damn WTF is wrong with craigslist? Fucking ad popped up again and I got 3 calls already on it. I have absolutely NO WAY of deleting it and my emails to craigslist support and abuse continue to go unanswered.

If anyone can flag it for me again it'd be appreciated:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/ele/1000892814.html

I'm running out of ideas on what to do now, bad idea putting the number now I agree with that.. but I can't do anything about it now except learn from it and not do it again.

Worst case scenario a phone number change may be in order if craigslist continues to abuse my ad like this, as they are absolutely no help what so ever in resolving this. I wonder if they even read the emails they get.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 07:32:21 AM »

"This posting has been flagged for removal
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)"

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:45:24 PM »

I'm running out of ideas on what to do now, bad idea putting the number now I agree with that.. but I can't do anything about it now except learn from it and not do it again.

Did you piss off anyone in your craiglist transaction?  That person probably put your phone number/ad in there.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 12:38:36 AM »

Never even considered that until I tried posting on the craigslist forums and a couple people suggested it might be a "prankster". I was just assuming it was some kind of glitch in craigslist's system where it kept popping up again.

One person did get pissed now that I think of it.. he called asking to hold it for him for 2 days when he got paid, told him it was "first come first serve" but if it was still available in 2 days he was welcome to come and get it. He called again in 2 days saying he was on his way to come get it and I had to tell him it was already sold. He said I told him I was going to hold it for him which of course I didn't say, then hung up on me. Never gave it a second thought but if that's what's going on (after 2 months) then that's just sad.

If it goes up again I'll try emailing the ad and seeing if it goes to my email or not, and if not, then I have to look at taking this a little further because that's got to be borderline illegal.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 05:57:15 AM »

This is why you never post your phone number on craig's list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: