http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:31:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help... Good cheap places for screen printing?  (Read 1313 times)
ravenvii
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 09:33:05 PM »

I need someone to make shirts for me. This organization wants about 12 or so polo shirts with the logo on the breast and their names on the sleeve (everyone has their own name on their own shirt), and the year on the other sleeve.

Anyone know of a good, cheap company that does this? I'm in the DC area, so if there's a local good one, that's viable too, although I prefer online.

Thanks.
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »

... anyone? Man I miss the Gone Gold Braintrust.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2004, 03:18:27 AM »

Polo shirt are usually embroidered, not screen printed  Tongue

But I did work in the business for a short time.  Are you looking for cheap brands or a really good brand shirt?

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2004, 03:34:09 AM »

Cheap brand shirts, not looking for anything fancy... But not so cheap that it shrinks to toddler size after the first laundry slywink I'm going to need 13 shirts, 11 women and 2 men, each with their name on one sleeve. Unigender shirts is preferable (for convenience's sake). Varying sizes, as well.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2004, 06:09:55 AM »

Here are a few from an old shop book in the DC area:

http://www.bltshirt.com
http://www.a1uniforms.com/
http://www.jacobsonembroidery.com/

I can't really attest to the quality of their work, so you might want to see a sample first.  

I can give you a little idea of the price, although I don't know much about fees in the DC area (I worked in KY).  The raw cost of the shirt will be about $11 bucks for cheap, $21 for decent.  Probably a $25-$50 setup fee for setting up the machine pattern/digitizing.  Then maybe $6-8 per shirt for the machine work (depends on the number of stitches, I'm guessing with your logo and the name, maybe 7000 stitches).  So your looking at  around $246-$427 for the project.  

You're really held back by the small order.  If you were ordering in the 40 or 50 shirt range, you'd have a lot more bargaining power.

daedalus
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2004, 06:23:15 AM »

What about Cafe Press?
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2004, 06:26:16 AM »

i have a friend that does this type of work out of LA.  i'm not certain of his pricing or even how to get ahold of him other than AIM. if you want to get ahold of him on there, his nick is Vo-Man and his name is John Vo.   Tell him jessie sent you.

good luck.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 07:08:07 AM »

:shock: That much?

Thank god it ain't my money at all, and I couldn't care less. But still, I have to ask; does it have to be embroided? Couldn't it be printed, like t-shirts? The polo shirts I'm looking at are cotton made, and the material is like regular t-shirts, so I couldn't see why not. I would like to get as much information as I can before the next meeting on Monday.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2004, 05:59:27 PM »

I wouldn't recommend screenprinting on Polo shirts.  They are thicker and are more prone to fading and ink loss.  Also, embroidered polos look a whole lot nicer than screen printed ones.  Plus, they cost about the same.  Screen printing with one color would cost about $1 less per shirt.  More than one color will raise the price significantly, especially with the setup fees, which are usually $25-30 per color.

Aliasbuck
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2004, 02:43:19 AM »

Could always try the old standby PrtScr  :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: