http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 05:59:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neb. finally gets the law right.  (Read 481 times)
Caine
Gaming Trend Senior Member

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2008, 12:22:34 AM »

after a few months of nebraska law having the biggest loop-hole in history, they have closed it down.  no more will we hear of children and teenagers being left at hospitals.  the limit is 1 month now. 

one source of many

this part hurts though:
Hospital officials have described children crying hysterically as they pleaded with their parents not to leave them.

as rick james would say, that's cold blooded.  as a father of two, i cannot fathom being in the position to just walk away with my kids in the hands of strangers.  i sympathize that there are problems, but that first step away is one you should never take. 

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 12:28:58 AM »

Good.  No longer will we see a father dropping off nine children between the ages of 1 and 17 while their 18-yo sister is at work. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 02:30:52 AM »

It's good to hear, however, that most of those kids were taken in by relatives or brought back to their parents and given help with any psychiatric needs.

I wonder though, would the people tho ditched their children based on mental problems (theirs and their kids') have gotten that help had they not pulled such a desperate move?  If they had talked to a social worker or something, could all this have been avoided or would they have been ignored?

But to that father of 10 kids, WTF was he thinking having 10 kids at his income level?!  Of course he's going to be out of all his money, and that many kids will put a huge strain on the mother's body.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 03:47:52 AM »

30 days doesn't seem like much. I'd think parents ought to have a 1-year give-back option. It seems like it would take that long to be sure that the whole having kids thing isn't going to work out. Is there a way to get rid of them legally if you miss that narrow opportunity? 

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 04:04:21 AM »

There is.  You can surrender your parental rights and make them a ward of the court.  It takes time.  Not one stop shopping.

Done posting
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: