http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 09:11:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Name that book...  (Read 649 times)
Sepiche
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 08:29:50 PM »

Okay, I've been trying to remember what this book is for a long time, so I figured I'd try here.  I read this book probably... 94, 95?  So it's probably at least a good 10 years old since that was paperback.

The setting is fantasy and it's set in a world where magic is starting to die out and become rare because technology is somehow destroying it.  If I recall, the main character is a squire in this kingdom and is sent on some sort of quest, I can't remember for what exactly.  The only other bit I remember from the quest is at one point he goes into a mine and has to flee from it when this blob type evil creature comes up from the bottom.

Once he get back to the castle I remember one character who is the main fighter of the king and is simply called "The Champion".  There's also a female character he pals around with and I believe during the quest he finds a unicorn, maybe a small dragon.

Anyway after a bit in the castle it's attacked by an army of demons, and I remember it talking about the bodies of the demon swarms being stacked higher than the walls and quite a bit about how badass the Champion was.

The only other thing I remember is the cover.  If I recall it had the main character, the unicorn, a female, and maybe the dragon lit by a rainbow?  They were backed together and surrounded by blackness and you could see the small demon shapes all around them.

Sorry if this is pretty vague, but it's been a long time since I read it.  I only remember enjoying it a lot, but I've never been able to track it down.

Anyone?  Bueller?

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: