http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 09:49:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Wife's Big Fat Greek Odyssey (now w/ pics)  (Read 2866 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2005, 06:10:55 PM »

Today, I take my wife (Frog's Honey) to the airport where she flies direct from DFW to London and connects to Athens. She goes from there to a small island about 2 hours out where she will stay for one month as party of a study abroad program that Tulane does with law schools nationwide. She's the only one in her class going to Greece - everyone else is going to Amsterdam. Go figure. slywink She will meet up with plenty of fellow legal students, and ideally have plenty of stories to tell when she posts from afar.

She is also taking our digital camera and hopefully can e-mail me the pictures, which I can then upload and share with the crew here. She's looking forward to this and it should be a great experience overall, as well as looking dazzling on her resume. Also, it's a secret that Supreme Court Justices tend to sneak onto the island during this program and teach a class. Ginsberg and Thomas apparently were there last year, so she's got her fingers crossed that one of the legal Big Dogs might put in an appearance. My family and I are all hugely supportive of her going on this trip, as she is afflicted with what her family calls "Go-Itis" because she lives to travel. And for band. So wish her a safe trip, and soon enough we should have word on how it's going.

In the meantime, party - my house. B.Y.O.B. :twisted:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005, 08:19:15 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

"Everybody's going to the party, have a real good time...dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine" - System of a Down (B.Y.O.B.)

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 05:58:31 PM »

Greece is awesome and the islands are fabulous. From the sound of it, doesn't sound like she's going to Santorini, which is way further south than 2 hours (it's more like next to Crete) but the scenes and life there are great. We spent a wonderful week there last year and if I could go back to the islands I'd do it in a heartbeat.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 06:07:14 PM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"

"Everybody's going to the party, have a real good time...dancing in the desert, blowing up the sunshine" - System of a Down (B.Y.O.B.)

God I hate system of a down.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 06:07:51 PM »

Quote from: "Charlatan"
Greece is awesome and the islands are fabulous. From the sound of it, doesn't sound like she's going to Santorini, which is way further south than 2 hours (it's more like next to Crete) but the scenes and life there are great. We spent a wonderful week there last year and if I could go back to the islands I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Tell her to make sure to visit some of the Turkish islands or Istanbul when she is in Greece. Turkey is so much more..complete, beautiful, and especially friendly than Greece.
Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2005, 08:16:31 PM »

Please email me whiteboyskim

I Love The Law!  smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2005, 08:18:16 PM »

Quote from: "Frog's Honey"
Please email me whiteboyskim

Someone's in trouble, someone's in trouble!!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2005, 08:29:13 PM »

We're e-mailing right now. Apparently she just got to the island of Spetse but only after they sat on the tarmac in London for three hours so she missed her boat and her orientation at the school and to top that off the airline lost 10 people's luggage including hers. So she's now on the island with no sleep for the last 36 hours, probably really hungry and jet-lagged to boot, with no luggage and a tough language barrier. Whoo-hoo. FUCK THAT AIRLINE!!!

More as it develops...

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 08:33:46 PM »

We're e-mailing right now. Apparently she just got to the island of Spetse but only after they sat on the tarmac in London for three hours so she missed her boat and her orientation at the school and to top that off the airline lost 10 people's luggage including hers. So she's now on the island with no sleep for the last 36 hours, probably really hungry and jet-lagged to boot, with no luggage and a tough language barrier. Whoo-hoo. FUCK THAT AIRLINE!!!

More as it develops...

Yikes, ouch, poor girl frown That blows. Anyways, my comments about visiting Turkey still stand, please pass them on smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2005, 08:38:56 PM »

She's calming down a little, probably due to a combination of talking to me and the fact it's close to midnight her time. She's going to sleep here in a minute and we'll know tomorrow whether the airline and the hotel can do anything. Much easier to get stuff done during business hours. slywink Otherwise, she's still healthy and more importantly she thought to carry her critical medicines with her so she's set at least. Much better that she re-wear clothes and miss a toothbrush than miss her medicine. smile I'll let everyone know what happens tomorrow.

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 01:57:27 PM »

Dude.  That's horrible.  Okay, kinda funny in that whole, "Glad it's not me" way, but horrible.  Hopefully the whole SCOTUS bench will show up to make up for it.  You should get on that.  Imagine the hot monkey sex you'll get if she finds out you sent the whole SCOTUS out there as a pick-me-up.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 04:31:18 PM »

Presuming of course that hot monkey sex isn't naturally on the agenda, but I digress. smile I was able to track down her luggage in London and it's on a flight out tomorrow (Tuesday) to Athens Intl. Whether she has to go pick it up or whether it will be couriered out to the island I do not know, however I sent her all the Greece phone numbers I could find for the terminal. Hopefully she'll get everything tomorrow and be a much happier camper. smile

Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 06:23:59 PM »

Well - this island is starting to irritate me, however I HAVE THE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!  Why - because he is sending me clean clothes via my luggage!!!!!!  

Communication here is spotty - I had to go to five pay phones before I could find one that works and now I can't get my email - very frustrating!!  But doesn't matter anymore because I will have my clothes!  YEAH!!

By the way - I will never use Olympic Airlines again - for many reasons beyond the luggage issue which they could care less about!  I will write more why later.

GO WHITEBOYSKIM!!!  GO WHITEBOYSKIM!!!

HUSBAND OF THE YEAR!!!

I Love The Law!  smile
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 06:27:20 PM »

Presuming of course that hot monkey sex isn't naturally on the agenda, but I digress. smile I was able to track down her luggage in London and it's on a flight out tomorrow (Tuesday) to Athens Intl. Whether she has to go pick it up or whether it will be couriered out to the island I do not know, however I sent her all the Greece phone numbers I could find for the terminal. Hopefully she'll get everything tomorrow and be a much happier camper. smile

I assumed the hot monkey sex is a given after a month away in Greece.  However, think just how much hotter it could be if you did the SCOTUS thing.  I'm just sayin'...  :wink:

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 06:45:29 PM »

/makes note to Google SCOTUS home phone numbers

I was wondering why it was that you weren't e-mailing me back, FH. But if you can't get into your e-mail then that explains it. I can PM you all the details if you need them, including the phone numbers I collected for the Athens Intl airport. The luggage will be there tomorrow on your OA flight number slywink but I didn't get an arrival time. Let me know if you need me to call them tonight and check on everything. As I said, I can PM you all the information I g-mailed you earlier. Let me know how I can help.

/plans teh hot monkey sex

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 01:54:43 PM »

Well, now I know what it's like to have intermittent contact while trying to help someone out.

/a-splodes

The flight the luggage was on should have arrived about half an hour ago, and FH was going to talk to the airline to confirm that it did arrive and that they'll ferry it to the island. Pisses me off that I'm not there to help here, but if I'm resigned to being Oracle-like then so be it. All the comic discussion on the boards is starting to get to me. slywink Here's hoping she'll get her clothes today.

/crosses fingers

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 02:49:48 PM »

Gah! You've lost all your clothes, you're in Greece, and you're female...think think think..what do you do?? You go shopping of course!!! Is'nt it time for a new wardrobe anyways? Shop shop till ya drop srop  Cool

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 02:52:06 PM »

Normally I would agree with you, but the prices she told me about scare the crap out of both of us. Apparently this is a real touristy island and clothing costs are through the roof, which is not something we can afford. Aggravating to say the least. smile

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 02:54:26 PM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Gah! You've lost all your clothes, you're in Greece, and you're female...think think think..what do you do??

Use your feminine wiles to get free clothes!  Who could resist helping out a poor, helpless, foreign chick.  Who's naked.

Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 08:54:24 PM »

Well - it is 11:00pm Spetse, Greece time and still no clothes.  Yep - Olympic Airlines in Athens sucks and I still don't have luggage - every new day I hope - but this is definitely wearing on me.

Wish me luck!!

I Love The Law!  smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 08:56:02 PM »

Just e-mailed you again a few times, FH. Yes, this does suck mightily and woe upon Olympic Airways for this fiasco.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2005, 01:07:13 AM »

Wow, what a total drag...

Good luck to you both!  Sheesh!  Keep thinking "Any minute now, the good part of this trip is going to start" because it will, eventually - any and all hot monkeys aside...

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2005, 02:53:53 PM »

Happy update: The wife now has her luggage thanks in no small part to the complete idiocy and indifference of the hotel staff. Apparently you have to choke a bitch there if you want to get anything done. But the good news is she has her luggage again and should be able to have fun now. smile More updates as I get them...

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2005, 03:01:52 PM »

Is Wayne Brade gonna have to choke a bitch?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2005, 03:04:44 PM »

No, but a red X might be high on his list. biggrin

Frog's Honey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2005, 07:10:31 PM »

Having a great time now all - Love being here - have found some good gals to hang with.  Greece is beautiful!!  If only the hubby were here now!

I Love The Law!  smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2005, 03:33:57 AM »

And here are a few pictures FH sent back from the Grecian isles:

Octopus. It's what's for dinner.

Swimming off the shores of Hydra Island.

My wife's got a sweet ass.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2005, 04:35:51 AM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Use your feminine wiles to get free clothes!  Who could resist helping out a poor, helpless, foreign chick.  Who's naked.

It's Greece. I don't know how far that would get her.  :shock: From what I hear, olives are more popular than melons.  :wink:

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Sunderer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2005, 07:10:36 PM »

My wife's got a sweet ass.

Yes she does.  But what's that animal she's riding?

BADA BOOM.

"At this moment, you mean everything."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: