http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 08:07:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My sexuality may be in question  (Read 2015 times)
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:17:56 AM »

I saw Iron Man 2 tonight, but before I saw Iron Man 2 I saw a trailer for the third Twilight movie. Now, I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies, but this third movie looks kinda cool. Especially the scene with the pack of warewolves attacking the vamps.

Is something happening to me? Cabbage Patch

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:21:14 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 12, 2010, 06:17:56 AM

I saw Iron Man 2 tonight, but before I saw Iron Man 2 I saw a trailer for the third Twilight movie. Now, I've never read any of the books or seen any of the movies, but this third movie looks kinda cool. Especially the scene with the pack of warewolves attacking the vamps.

warewolves?

seriously?

didn't the first movie also suffer from looking like it had lots of action in the trailer, luring in many an unsuspecting male who found out they were deceived and all they got out of it was the loss of their man card?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 06:45:35 AM »

What do you mean "may"?

icon_lol

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 11:48:25 AM »

My sexuality may be in question

Bah, one of those joke titles. I thought we were going to get into a meaty discussion.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 02:33:19 PM »

Not in question. This merely confirms our preconceived notions of you Ridah   icon_twisted
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 02:40:47 PM »

My wife played the "I always watch movies you want to watch, so I'd really like for you to do the same for me" card, and I was sad to learn that it applied to the first Twilight film.  It was the longest two hours of my life.  It was so bad that the ruling was she could never play that card again, at least for another Twilight film, ever.  She's owned New Moon on DVD since its release, but she has yet to suggest watching it together.  I don't take a hard-line on many things, but this is one issue on which I will not budge. 

I love my wife, I'd die for my wife, but there's no way I'm watching another Twilight film for her.  <<shudder>> 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 02:50:19 PM »

I'm as queer as folk, and there's no way I'd sit through that Twilight movie. I tried to read the first book to find out what all the buzz is about. Horrendous. Just terrible. Couldn't finish it.

Robert Pattison may be hot, but not in those movies. Way too pale and gaunt.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »

I watched the first two as part of my husbandly duties. The first movie is as painful as Pete says, but the second one is somewhat more tolerable for man-folk to watch as long as you can deal with "all problems can be solved by having a teenage boy take off his shirt" as the moral of the story.  Much less "staring at each other wistfully with teen angst" compared to the first.

Oh, and you see Dakota Fanning use Power Word: Pain, which is pretty entertaining. I think "pain!" may have been her only spoken line.  Even better, if I remember right it's Pretty Boy 1 she makes writhe in agony with her mind.  
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 03:07:58 PM »

The third movie is being directed by David Slade, who made Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night.  Not exactly the type of material I would expect for a film targeted at teenage girls. 
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 03:36:43 PM »

I've never seen a Twilight movie - my better half isn't at all interested in them. All this talk has intrigued me and I now want to check in my man card and see one. I only want to temporarily pawn that card though - is that allowed? smile
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 03:57:36 PM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on May 12, 2010, 02:50:19 PM

I'm as queer as folk, and there's no way I'd sit through that Twilight movie. I tried to read the first book to find out what all the buzz is about. Horrendous. Just terrible. Couldn't finish it.

As a straight guy, when a gay guy tells you you're more gay than him, that's really really bad.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 03:59:54 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 12, 2010, 03:57:36 PM

As a straight guy, when a gay guy tells you you're more gay than him, that's really really bad.

We need rittchard's opinion. He seems to be much more of a teen girl than Fireball. slywink

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 04:06:23 PM »

Quick......watch as many Clint Eastwood or Godfather movies as you can and hope your balls don't fall off ......
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 04:18:24 PM »

My wife read, and liked, all of the books.  Luckily for me, she doesn't have any interest in watching the movies.  Because I'm a good husband, I recorded Twilight for her, and even got the second one by other means.   ninja

They're still sitting there, unwatched.  I love my wife.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »

Also this...as a Dad, I have agreed to watch all the Twilight movies with my 12 year old daughter....I am an AWESOME Dad.

That said, the first 2 and probably the third are in the running for the worst movies I have ever seen.  NOTHING happens.  NOTHING.  The acting is rigid, the characters are without depth, the lore is so turned upside down it is silly...(just wearing sunglasses will protect a vampire from sunlight?  All werewolves are clone brown boys with no shirts?) and they are boring...really.

Do yourself a favor and skip them.  I can't, but heed my words...let me protect you from harm.  You WILL thank me.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 04:29:00 PM by walTer » Logged
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 04:24:55 PM »

Quote from: walTer on May 12, 2010, 04:18:33 PM

Also this...as a Dad, I have agreed to watch all the Twilight movies with my 12 year old daughter....I am an AWESOME Dad.

Yeah, I shudder at what may be popular when my daughter is that age in 2018.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »

Quote from: walTer on May 12, 2010, 04:18:33 PM

That said, the first 2 and probably the third are in the running for the worst movies I have ever seen.  NOTHING happens.  NOTHING.  The acting is rigid, the characters are without depth, the lore is so turned upside down it is silly...(just wearing sunglasses will protect a vampire from sunlight?  All werewolves are clone brown boys with no shirts?) and they are boring...really.

Do yourself a favor and skip them.  I can't, but heed my words...let me protect you from harm.  You WILL thank me.

This is why I plan to inoculate my daughter by watching the Buffy Vampire Slayer series with her as soon as she is old enough. Once she gets it into her head that the only good vamp is a dead one she'll not want to watch Twilight ever.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

Not only are you loosing your man card but we are also bringing in the man who issued yours in the first place for questioning.

morlac00 on PSN
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

isn't Razgon a big,big fan of those films? icon_twisted

as for Twilight,that lead guy (i dunno what or who he plays...i know he was in Harry Potter as Cedric Diggory)says that he hopes that one day he can be the new James Bond..(ain't happening on my bleeding watch!!)

maybe he could play Hugh Grant icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 05:03:49 PM »

While vamp is short for vampire, the term is generally reserved for seductive women who use sexuality to prey on men of affluence or wealth.

If these boys are "vamps" to you, perhaps you SHOULD be handing in your man card... or at least telling your wife about your change in direction. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 05:05:11 PM »

Lastly, if you want to see wicked wolves, go watch Dog Soldiers, or wait for the new Hobbit movie.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Flatlander
Gaming Trend Reader

Mayhem like me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 05:08:35 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on May 12, 2010, 03:36:43 PM

I've never seen a Twilight movie - my better half isn't at all interested in them. All this talk has intrigued me and I now want to check in my man card and see one. I only want to temporarily pawn that card though - is that allowed? smile

See them while listening to the Rifftrax commentaries.   Your derisive laughter will guarantee that you keep the Man Card.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »

The Warg are in this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRz47UvOKXA&feature=related

That should satisfy your need to see big dogs run down little girls.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 05:24:35 PM »

isn't Razgon a big,big fan of those films?

yeah, but he's European and we all know those guys are a bit froo froo already  icon_wink

Because I can,
Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 05:35:51 PM »

Aren't they kids movies? Granted at my age nearly everyone's a kid to me..Even my kids(20,22,24)wont watch them...

Vampire angst................yeah right.. Roll Eyes

Grace: Unmerited favor.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 12, 2010, 05:24:35 PM

yeah, but he's European and we all know those guys are a bit froo froo already  icon_wink

yeah that's rig......hang on a minute icon_evil

just saw this on LOLCatz/icanhascheezburger.com

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 06:40:02 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on May 12, 2010, 03:59:54 PM

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 12, 2010, 03:57:36 PM

We need rittchard's opinion. He seems to be much more of a teen girl than Fireball. slywink

From my perspective, the Twilight book series is definitely more of a teen girl thing, but not necessarily a gay one.  Of course the addition of shirtless Jacob and his neverending pecs and 6-pack may have changed that a bit from the movie side  thumbsup  I'm not much of a Robert Pattinson fan either.  For hot vampire (and changeling) action, I prefer all of the mens on True Blood.  Yum.

FWIW, I loved the book series, but really it was the finale that solidified it for me.  There were some things the author did that genuinely surprised me and the final X-Men-ish standoff was very cool.  Don't expect big manly battle scenes, but just some interesting twists and turns (and powers).  I do admit for the most part the books read very teen girl angsty, so they can be a challenge to get through.  I still think it's worth it to make it to the finale though.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »

So Ridah is not a gay teen girl then? 

I stil reserve the right to refer to him as 'princess'  Tongue

Because I can,
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 07:11:10 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 12, 2010, 06:55:19 PM

So Ridah is not a gay teen girl then?  

I stil reserve the right to refer to him as 'princess'  Tongue

It all depends on whether I decide to see the movie or not. I'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:14:55 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 08:13:02 PM »

The thing I have never been able to understand about these movies is why all of these guys are fighting over Kristen Stewart.  She is not all that attractive. On top of that she seems to go out of her way to have an annoying personality.

I cannot see one reason why a straight guy would want to watch these if they weren't being forced to do so.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:16:17 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 08:24:14 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on May 12, 2010, 05:43:34 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on May 12, 2010, 05:24:35 PM

yeah that's rig......hang on a minute icon_evil

just saw this on LOLCatz/icanhascheezburger.com

I've said this before, but I can say it again. The movies and books are for kids - 12 year old girls enjoy them - Its kinda like you guys saying Builderbob cartoons suck, and arent worth watching....of course not, they are for teenage girls for crying out loud!

That said, we all here enjoy some of aspects of what kids enjoy as well (gaming, superheroes and so on) so of course we might be able to enjoy movies like this aswell.

I kinda liked the first one, but probably more because it was a fun father/daugther experience to go to the movies and watch'em. The second one I really didnt like - the whole werewold transition looked horrible cgi-wise, but then again, teenage girls dont care. They are in it for the shirtless guys, the same way we like the scimpy armors for females in Age of Conan.

All that said, Ridah really is a teenage girl for liking these movies... ;-)

A new one
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 08:30:41 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on May 12, 2010, 08:24:14 PM

...Its kinda like you guys saying Builderbob cartoons suck, and arent worth watching....of course not, they are for teenage girls for crying out loud!

saywhat

My 5 year old is growing tired of Bob the Builder... your teenage girls like a homogeneous contractor who has some sort of sexual tension with a blonde woman SHAPED EXACTLY LIKE HIM?

Raz, both literally and intellectually, I hope you are out of touch with european teenage girls... for THEIR sake. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:49:43 PM by Purge » Logged

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 08:47:43 PM »

LOUL! Eh...I meant that the twiligt movies were for teenage girls :-D

A new one
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 08:54:36 PM »

I don't know about the whole argument that Twilight is aimed at teenage girls, I know way too many adult women who enjoy the books and movies too.

Sean Lama
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 09:14:17 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 12, 2010, 08:54:36 PM

I don't know about the whole argument that Twilight is aimed at teenage girls, I know way too many adult women who enjoy the books and movies too.

No question. My cousin (late 30s) is obsessed- to the point of converting youtube videos of one of the doods singing into mp3s for her ipod.

My former boss, late 30s read all the books in two days.

This guy on GT, early 30s?, is about to watch all the movies and buy a pillow of that guy.  He's rightfully wondering if he's gay...cause he obviously is.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2010, 09:34:24 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 12, 2010, 09:14:17 PM

No question. My cousin (late 30s) is obsessed- to the point of converting youtube videos of one of the doods singing into mp3s for her ipod.

Indeed.  I work with a lot of twenty-something women, and several of them are obsessed with Twilight.  They bought the tickets for the Twilight 2 premiere weeks in advance, and wore Team Edward t-shirts that day to work.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2010, 09:43:52 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on May 12, 2010, 09:34:24 PM

Indeed.  I work with a lot of twenty-something women, and several of them are obsessed with Twilight.  They bought the tickets for the Twilight 2 premiere weeks in advance, and wore Team Edward t-shirts that day to work.

Ugh. This is bad news to me as a single man. I just couldn't date a grown woman who was obsessed with these shit books and movies.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2010, 10:13:44 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 12, 2010, 09:43:52 PM

Ugh. This is bad news to me as a single man. I just couldn't date a grown woman who was obsessed with these books and movies.

From what I know about you, I don't think you'll have to worry about that... icon_twisted
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2010, 10:16:30 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on May 12, 2010, 10:13:44 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on May 12, 2010, 09:43:52 PM

Ugh. This is bad news to me as a single man. I just couldn't date a grown woman who was obsessed with these books and movies.

From what I know about you, I don't think you'll have to worry about that... icon_twisted

Ha! You're right!
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2010, 10:37:58 PM »

You aren't gay, you just have shitty taste in movies... they are unrelated.

Now, if you wanted to put it to some dude... maybe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: