http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 01:10:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My New Order of the Stick Book Just Arrived!!!  (Read 787 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:01:07 PM »

'Don't Split the Party' just arrived by mail and I am SO excited. I stopped reading the web comic many months ago because I enjoy going through the books so very much.

Can't wait!
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »

Is there anywhere to get the books for a decent price? I have a hard time paying MSRP, but I can't find them besides at the OOTS site, and they're damn expensive there.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 07:49:17 PM »

Not that I know of. I don't mind paying. Burlew deserves it.
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2009, 08:23:47 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on December 18, 2009, 07:14:53 PM

Is there anywhere to get the books for a decent price? I have a hard time paying MSRP, but I can't find them besides at the OOTS site, and they're damn expensive there.
You can get "Scratch and Dent" copies of most of the OOTS books for $10 off, which as far as I can tell are books that somehow didn't pass quality control.  Doesn't look like there are "Scratch and Dent" copies of the new book available yet.

About Scratch & Dent Books: This is a "scratch & dent" product. That means that it has minor cosmetic damage (such as dings, spots, scratches, or dents), usually on the cover or title page. All scratch & dent books are still perfectly readable, however, and the binding is just as sturdy as pristine copies. We offer our damaged books at a lower price so that readers who don't care about the way they look can enjoy a bargain on a product we couldn't sell otherwise. Please note, however, that all scratch & dent sales are final.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »

Where did you order it from?  I ordered mine from Paizo because they had a 20% off preorder deal but I haven't even gotten a notice that they are shipping yet.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »

So, this thread made me remember these books and that I haven't bought a single one, so I ordered both the prequel books as well as books 2 and 4. However, it seems books 1 and 3 are unavailable. Are they possible to buy at normal prices anywhere these days, or do I have to wait for a possible reprint?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2009, 06:43:45 PM »

I've bought a few of their collections from them at conventions, had them signed and each one had a different sketch in them that was done with the signature, but alas, they're missing.  I was going to try and have them replaced at Origins last year but I don't remember seeing them there at all.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2009, 05:33:39 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on December 19, 2009, 06:40:54 PM

So, this thread made me remember these books and that I haven't bought a single one, so I ordered both the prequel books as well as books 2 and 4. However, it seems books 1 and 3 are unavailable. Are they possible to buy at normal prices anywhere these days, or do I have to wait for a possible reprint?

Maybe at Compleat Strategist?

I've never ordered from their web store, but their NYC retail location is dork heaven.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 05:50:27 AM »

I've seen some of the books at that comic book store near your work.  Can't remember if they had a lower price, though.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 21, 2009, 05:50:27 AM

I've seen some of the books at that comic book store near your work.  Can't remember if they had a lower price, though.

I've seen them there too, but when I went looking to buy them several months ago, they only had one of them, and at full retail. 

I just have a hard time convincing myself to buy the books for that much when I can read them online for free. 

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

I ordered them from the site that he links to on his site.

Like I said I don't mind paying full retail for these.

I'm not yet to where I stopped reading, and I'm about to hit a part that I thought was a pretty big drag, but the book has been immensely enjoyable....It's amazing the detail and thought he puts into the story...and how much I've forgotten.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: