http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 01:45:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My kidney stone is back or something(updated 10/9/08)  (Read 2163 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:50:48 PM »

Oh god Im in pain. Barely made it home. Im HURTING. I suffered with a unpassable pair of kidney stones for years then in May this year I went through 2 lithotripsies..where they blast them to bits. The doctor said they were all just dust now. But today Im hurting again after being pain free for months!@ ARGH. I may have to go to the hospital for some stronger in IV pain meds now. SHIT. Feel like I got to piss and poop all the time and my side is making me sick. Why oh why.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2008, 11:09:11 PM by Daehawk » Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Alefroth

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:55:11 PM »

Damn. Are you sure it's the stones again? Have you ever had appendicitis?

Ale
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 08:01:38 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 02, 2008, 07:50:48 PM

Oh god Im in pain. Barely made it home. Im HURTING. I suffered with a unpassable pair of kidney stones for years then in May this year I went through 2 lithotripsies..where they blast them to bits. The doctor said they were all just dust now. But today Im hurting again after being pain free for months!@ ARGH. I may have to go to the hospital for some stronger in IV pain meds now. SHIT. Feel like I got to piss and poop all the time and my side is making me sick. Why oh why.

Dude, what the hell is your diet?!

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:10:25 PM »

Apparently the pain isn't acute enough to prevent you from typing a coherent message.  ninja
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 08:38:59 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on October 02, 2008, 08:10:25 PM

Apparently the pain isn't acute enough to prevent you from typing a coherent message.  ninja

That's a good point.  You had time to bitch to an internet forum about it, Daehawk, but not to go to the doctor?

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 08:40:45 PM »

That's some bash.org stuff there...  If we get a reply from him within the next two hours, somebody needs to pop him one. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2008, 01:19:07 AM »

Had to go to the hospital. They filled me full of Demorol or however ya spell it. Sent me some home too and a antibiotic. I have a 6mm stone and some smaller ones in there.Said Id need another litotripsy. I said no way and came home. Ill pass it. Said it was blocking my kidney..still said Id pass it myself. Ive passed 4mm ones and the wife passed a 7.5mm one. If this one will pass then the others will be no problem. I haven't hurt today yet. Laid off the demoroltoday..kinda makes me feel out of my body.

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 01:46:00 AM »

Was the litotripsy unpleasant or something?
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 01:48:39 AM »

It's not that bad.  Look at what poor PeteRock had to go through today.  icon_lol

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 11:06:51 PM »

Quote from: Alefroth on October 02, 2008, 07:55:11 PM

Damn. Are you sure it's the stones again? Have you ever had appendicitis?

Ale

Nope never. This is my left side too. Ok for years I put up with 2 unpassable 16mm+ stones in my left kidney. By May this year they hurt all the time and drove me mad so I had 2..TWO..Lithotripsies in May. I had a stint in for 3 ungodly weeks. The Urologist I had said after the 2nd one I was completely clear. We made it a point to ask 3 times about them and he swore I was clear and done and could go shovel gravel if I felt like it. Well I felt fine. I thought I was done too. Then last week I have a kidney stone pain. I go to the hospital and they demorol me and do a CT. The doctor comes in and says I have a 6mm stone lodged in my untera tube right at my kidney. It wont pass and Ill need litho AGAIN. She says there are 4 more stones still in my kidney but they are teeny tiny..her words..and much smalle rthan the 6mm one I cant pass. I tell her to hell with lotho Im done and Ill pass it.

So I hurt off and on till Tuesday and I feel the stone pass through. Actually got lodged in my penis and felt like a yellow jacket / cuckleburr combo there for about 1 1/2 hours till I could make enough urine to pass it. So now I think "YA Im saved!". I go to my NEW urologist in Chattanooga today and get a new xray to be sure it passed. Well it passed and is gone. I passed a 6mm stone.Holy hell! Then he shows me the xray and bad news..the dumbasses up here in my town dont know their ass from a hole in the gound. My kidney is not clear and it does not have 4 teeny tiny little passable stones in it. It has 2 10mm+ stones in it . He say I might pass one of them but doubtful and definately not the other one. I have to have another Litho for sure.

I crashed mentally. Im tired. I cant go through the Litho again. I just dont like them or the problems I have in my life. Wife is making at least consider them but I told her I would just to have her let me alone. If I do try to pass that one and it sticks then I would need major surgery or possibly die from it. But a Litho means so much shit to me I dont want one at all. Wife keeps saying 4 hours and come home is better than a week and the pain.

Im just mentally tired of it all. Id rather be dead at this point. I thought I was done. I was happy. Now I am not done. These are not new ones..these are left over from the first 2 Lothos. I dont get one I worry. I get one I worry up to it, worry during it, woory after that they fucked up too. Then I worry if its ok because I may get more down the road. ITS SHIT. Im tired.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 12:24:13 AM »

I'm sorry to hear that.  I won't give you any empty platitudes and I don't know what you are going through.  I hope it and you get better. 

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 01:47:15 AM »

While I'd tend to agree with your wife that a litho is better than weeks of pain and the possibility of death, I can't pretend to know what you're going through. And I wish you nothing but the best possible outcome in whatever decision you do end up making.

Have they studied the stones to see what kind they are? Typically there's diet and/or medication changes you can make to reduce the risk of getting further stones. Not always, but I'd think it's certainly worth looking into.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2008, 03:10:31 PM »

Thanks guys.

Never been able to capture a piece of one for study. All the stones yet never caught one.

Im considering letting them make a hole in my back through to my kidney and cut it open and let them just remove them. that way Id be sure and could skip the stent in my utera. But that carries it's own risks. The Litho is simpler. I just dont know right now. Im a mess trying to even wrap my head around having to do something yet again when I thought it was over. frown

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 03:44:53 PM »

In that situation I would probably listen to my Wife. She would have a clearer head than I would on the sensibility of each option. The pain and reluctance to do something  I don't want to do would probably cloud my judgment.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
noun
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 04:02:38 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on October 02, 2008, 08:10:25 PM

Agreed. I had a stone once. There is just no way you can sit still and compose a post when you're in that much pain.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 05:44:43 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 10, 2008, 03:10:31 PM

Never been able to capture a piece of one for study. All the stones yet never caught one.

They are pretty easy to capture. Obviously you can feel when they are coming out; just pee into a filter. Not necessarily the most fun thing to do (nor the cleanest), but you'll get your stone.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 07:56:41 PM »

Well we've decided against the tunneling through my back method. too much risk and hospital stays.

We are looking into a Litho truck that travels around and does it in hospital parking lots. That way Im hoping my wife can be with me the whole time and NO STENT. Then just go home. No anestjesia.

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 09:29:31 PM »

Man, I'm cringing just reading this and hope I never have to go through any of this. I don't know what you're eating, but I'd be seriously considering changing your diet if I were you. Do you eat a lot of fatty foods? Deep Fried?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »

With me I eat too much red meat and salt. Salt is the worst they said. So Ive changed my eating and drinking.

And I found out the truck is just what delivers it. So cant get it done like that. But the other hospital Im looking into is much more accomidating to me and my wife.

So Im cutting out extra salt since everything comes with about 33% per serving it seems lol And Im drinking over 2 liters a day now..mostly water.

And these are NOT new formed stones. these are what the quack of a doctor I used in May left in there.

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »

Yeah, too much salt is no good. Not to mention too much salt can bring your blood pressure higher. I've got a friend who can't have a grain of salt, if you can imagine. His body can't process it. He's got a kidney disease.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 02:18:34 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on October 10, 2008, 10:18:55 PM

Yeah, too much salt is no good. Not to mention too much salt can bring your blood pressure higher. I've got a friend who can't have a grain of salt, if you can imagine. His body can't process it. He's got a kidney disease.

Had a patient once whose heart was incredibly weak. Her LV EF, more or less a measurement of how efficient your heart is at pumping blood to your body, was officially "less than 10%." I heard a doctor tell her that if he caught her adding salt to her food he'd have her arrested for attempted suicide. At first I was icon_eek, then I was icon_lol.

Whatever you do, Daehawk, make sure they/you catch and analyze one of those stones. Drinking lotsa water is a good start towards minimizing your risk of future stones. Hopefully, if you can get these last several out and analyze one, your diet changes and any further suggestions based on the stone will see you through to a clean bill of health.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »

as a veteran of two stones, I was told an eye on limiting carbonation and not getting more than daily needs of calcium is helpful as well.

First stone was "search and rescue", and second was passed on its own.

and if you are not whizzing clear liquid,  you are not hydrated enough.  if you are passing Budwiser yellow or darker, get some water.

Done posting
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 06:57:19 PM »

Quote from: the Nightbreeze on October 11, 2008, 04:14:00 PM

and if you are not whizzing clear liquid,  you are not hydrated enough.  if you are passing Budwiser yellow or darker, get some water.

alirght, I just tried this starting yesterday...and to get myself "clear" - I had to drink a lot of water (more than the 8 glasses per day recommended), and it seemed that I'm whizzing every hour! Maybe I've got too much junk and it needs that much to clear it?  Or is it possible to piss Budweiser color and still mean you're hydrated?
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »

I would think Mountain Dew or lighter would suffice.

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2008, 10:14:17 PM »

Quote from: Zero on October 14, 2008, 06:57:19 PM

alirght, I just tried this starting yesterday...and to get myself "clear" - I had to drink a lot of water (more than the 8 glasses per day recommended), and it seemed that I'm whizzing every hour! Maybe I've got too much junk and it needs that much to clear it?  Or is it possible to piss Budweiser color and still mean you're hydrated?

Vitamins can help.  If you eat phenomenally healthy...  The yellow tends to reflect the amount of stuff you are processing... I'd still drink water 10-12 times a day... if it's still yellow, maybe you are clearing stuff out?

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
the Nightbreeze
Gaming Trend Reader

Done posting.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2008, 11:28:42 PM »

Quote from: Semaj on October 14, 2008, 10:14:17 PM

Quote from: Zero on October 14, 2008, 06:57:19 PM

Vitamins can help.  If you eat phenomenally healthy...  The yellow tends to reflect the amount of stuff you are processing... I'd still drink water 10-12 times a day... if it's still yellow, maybe you are clearing stuff out?

I'm not drinking anywhere near that volume, maybe 5 gas station oversize mugs of hot tea or sugar free crystal light/kool aidish stuff.  I'm going clear , and only about every 2-3 hours.  the color you observe is what your kidneys are kicking out of your bloodstream, like an oil filter for the blood.  If you are comfortable with Mountain dew or Michelob, you could be doing worse.  I'm Coors light-ing it over here.  If you are  Lager-ing it, you're really beating your kidneys.

Done posting
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: