http://gamingtrend.com
November 22, 2014, 11:59:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My issues with...  (Read 2365 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2006, 09:09:35 AM »

FUCKING CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. But sheesh. I quit for 2 freakin` years and then I start again. All summer I battled with it. You know, the "Hey, it`s nice outside. That beer would go good with a cigarette!" Here`s what I say to you government and tobacco companies finger finger finger!!!

They know it`s horrid for people, yet they still make money off it and pretend to care. I get sick when I see thr bullshit ads phillip morris puts up that look so loving and caring, but obviously that`s not the case...Anyway, that could be alot more bitching from me than you guys want to hear so...

Anywho, I do have a point regardless of what this looks like nod. Who here has battled with smoking for AGES? Any ideas on making this quit actually stick? I`m doing pretty good so far, 2 days, almost and zero smokes. But I did good for 2 years and look what I did disgust. Don`t get me wrong I love them cigarettes nod. Unfortunately that`s a bad thing. A very bad thing. I did try some websites last time and it did help. If I remember correctly, Paulbot pointed me to some of them. You still around here?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:12:27 AM by Harpua3 » Logged
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:43:38 PM »

I used to smoke a pack and a half a day, but I quit almost 20 years ago.  It ain't easy.  I don't have any advice besides throw away your lighter, throw away every pack of cigs and don't enter any convenience stores for the next couple of months.  If you can't buy a cig, you can't smoke.

Also, air out your car, clothes, house and anything else that has a smoke smell.  Clean out your ashtrays.  Find and dispose of every cig butt. 

Heck, if you have to, buy a few cigars and keep them around for emergencies. 

And be prepared to fight this battle for the rest of your life.  There are days I STILL want a cig. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 01:32:15 PM »

I feel your pain.  I recently quit chewing tobacco, and it's been very difficult.  One thing that helped is when someone over at OO told me that the cravings only last 7 minutes.  Whenever you get a craving for a cig (or in my case, a chaw), look at the clock and tell yourself that if you're still craving one in 7 minutes you can have it.  I've found that 99% of the time, the craving is gone when the time is up.   I'll also give a +1 to what Blackadar said.  Find ways to not be around smoke.  Throw away everything that will enable you to smoke (lighters, ashtrays, etc.).  Start paying for gas at the pump so you don't have to go into the store.  Steer clear of bars for a few weeks.  Try not to put yourself in situations where you're around smoke and it will be much easier.

Here's something that's worked for me.  It takes 21 days to make or break a habit, so set a goal of 3 weeks without a cig.  Plan on buying yourself a new game or going to a nice dinner when you succeed.  If you can, make yourself accountable to someone else.  Tell them that you're trying to quit and have them keep check up on your progress.  (hell, we'll bug you if no one else will.   Tongue)  And don't give up if you slip up and have a cig.  A moment of weakness is no reason to quit trying.

My 3 week no-chew mark is coming up on Monday, and I have to admit that I'm more than a little bit proud that I've been able to do it.  I've scheduled a day off of work to play NWN2 & FF XII as my reward.  smile   You're doing the right thing and most of us know how tough it is.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:42:51 PM »

I have found nothing addictive in the chemical makeup of Cigarettes that isn't anymore addicting than eating a candy bar for example.  Or perhaps a cup of coffee. I just think the reason people get addicted is because they have addictive personalities that they can't overcome.

Starting in 2000ish, I started smoking due to wanting to take workplace breaks with my employees (lame reason).    I averaged only 1 pack of cigs per week, sometimes more, sometimes less, stressful days when I wanted off the workfloor more I would go through half a pack on the high end.  Come 2003 I stopped cold turkey and have never smoked another cigarette again and never intend on it.  I would NEVER catagorize myself as addicted because I knew I could stop anytime I wanted, and I was smoking because I ENJOYED it, not because I couldn't quit.  I liked the "Buzz" I got from them.

It was *VERY* easy for me to stop smoking because I do not have an addictive personality and feel my mind can overpower any wants or desires, and if I can't, then I view my mind as a weak failure.  This is one of the reasons I have contempt for people that get unhealthy addictions they say they can't control.

Edit: My grandfather turned 100 this year.  He has had 1 cigarette per night since he was 13 years old as a nightly "Relaxation" thing.  Not this addictive pack a day nonsense.  I could see myself having 1 smoke a night and never taking it any further, but the way I figure it, I save $ by not even doing that.  Being cheap does have benefits.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:47:44 PM by Kobra » Logged

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 01:49:40 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 27, 2006, 01:42:51 PM

I have found nothing addictive in the chemical makeup of Cigarettes that isn't anymore addicting than eating a candy bar for example.  Or perhaps a cup of coffee. I just think the reason people get addicted is because they have addictive personalities that they can't overcome.

I respect your opinion, but there are probably only two drugs more physically and psychologically addictive than Nicotine and they are Methamphetamine and Heroin. They may not be addicting to you AT THIS POINT, but if you get addicted to Nicotine, it can be a lifelong addiction that some people never break.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 01:57:24 PM »

I just think the reason people get addicted is because they have addictive personalities that they can't overcome.

What does a person's personality have to do with a chemical dependency to a drug?  Do you think withdrawal symptoms are just in people's heads as well? 
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 02:01:25 PM »

I don't care what they say,heroin is tougher to overcome.

Ye Olde Farte
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 02:04:43 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 27, 2006, 01:57:24 PM

I just think the reason people get addicted is because they have addictive personalities that they can't overcome.

What does a person's personality have to do with a chemical dependency to a drug?  Do you think withdrawal symptoms are just in people's heads as well? 

I thought I stated it clearly enough already? I am of the opinion that addictions are a result of a mental state, regardless of the chemical processes involved, and they can be overcome if you have the mental capacity to make it happen.  For some people WOW is their Cocaine and without any chemical involvement is every bit as addicting as a chemical based addiction, but both share similar things and both would likely effect a person with an addictive tendancy I suspect.

dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 02:08:06 PM »

Ye Olde Farte
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 02:14:02 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 27, 2006, 02:04:43 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on October 27, 2006, 01:57:24 PM

I thought I stated it clearly enough already? I am of the opinion that addictions are a result of a mental state, regardless of the chemical processes involved, and they can be overcome if you have the mental capacity to make it happen.  For some people WOW is their Cocaine and without any chemical involvement is every bit as addicting as a chemical based addiction, but both share similar things and both would likely effect a person with an addictive tendancy I suspect.

That isn't true though. Drugs like these create a mental dependance, as well as a physical dependance, and thus can make your brain have diminished capacity to function without them. Having the mental capacity NOW, as opposed to being on say, Heroin for 2 years, is a very different state. Obviously everyone is different, but these chemicals create almost universal addiction, with the same side effects in most cases, regardless of ones "mental capacity", and thus can make it nearly impossible to stop using.

Being addicted to Snickers bars and being addicted to Meth are two different things and will result in much different withdrawal symptoms.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 02:14:10 PM »

The National Institute of Health and American Heart Association (among a million others) would disagree with you.

Research has shown how nicotine acts on the brain to produce a number of effects. Of primary importance to its addictive nature are findings that nicotine activates reward pathways葉he brain circuitry that regulates feelings of pleasure. A key brain chemical involved in mediating the desire to consume drugs is the neurotransmitter dopamine, and research has shown that nicotine increases levels of dopamine in the reward circuits. This reaction is similar to that seen with other drugs of abuse, and is thought to underlie the pleasurable sensations experienced by many smokers9. Nicotine痴 pharmacokinetic properties also enhance its abuse potential. Cigarette smoking produces a rapid distribution of nicotine to the brain, with drug levels peaking within 10 seconds of inhalation9. However, the acute effects of nicotine dissipate in a few minutes, as do the associated feelings of reward, which causes the smoker to continue dosing to maintain the drug痴 pleasurable effects and prevent withdrawal.

Nicotine withdrawal symptoms include irritability, craving, cognitive and attentional deficits, sleep disturbances, and increased appetite. These symptoms may begin within a few hours after the last cigarette, quickly driving people back to tobacco use. Symptoms peak within the first few days of smoking cessation and may subside within a few weeks12. For some people, however, symptoms may persist for months.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 02:21:11 PM »

nicotine activates reward pathways葉he brain circuitry that regulates feelings of pleasure.
And World of Warcraft doesn't stimulate the same fucking receptors?

I knew someone would start googling up a bunch of shit MISSING the point.. The point is, REGARDLESS of the composition of the addiction, I have contempt because I feel *YOU* can overcome an addiction by using your noggin.  The very act of writing off an addiction as something "Uncontrollable and Insurmountable" is nothing more than surrender to the addiction itself.  People need to stop making excuses, and take responsibility for this.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 02:25:07 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 27, 2006, 02:21:11 PM

nicotine activates reward pathways葉he brain circuitry that regulates feelings of pleasure.

I knew someone would start googling up a bunch of shit MISSING the point.. The point is, REGARDLESS of the composition of the addiction, I have contempt because I feel *YOU* can overcome an addiction by using your noggin.  The very act of writing off an addiction as something "Uncontrollable and Insurmountable" is nothing more than surrender to the addiction itself.  People need to stop making excuses, and take responsibility for this.

The problem is when the chemicals you put in your body affect your "noggin", the judgements you make are going to be impaired because of the physical and mental addiction those chemicals have created.

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 02:30:12 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 27, 2006, 02:25:07 PM

The problem is when the chemicals you put in your body affect your "noggin", the judgements you make are going to be impaired because of the physical and mental addiction those chemicals have created.

Maybe with hardcore shit, but are you saying Cigarettes impair judgement? I don't buy that as I don't buy WOW or eating 10 hamburgers a day would impair judgement.  Addiction is listed as a "Mental Disorder", if it was a Chemical Imbalance, wouldn't it be listed as such?  My personal experience with not being able to be addicted to anything leads me to agree that addictions are a state of mind that can be overcome regardless of the chemical or physical nature of that addiction. (I offer no other proof or guarantees of this claim LOL)

Of course this is well out of my field, I am just stating that is my personal opinion on all of it. I think addictive people are weak, and I have contempt for them.  Like a buddy of mine that plays 75 hours of WOW a week and just got fired from work because of it, lost his girlfriend, and lost most of his friends.  I think he is a weak minded fucker.

Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 02:35:23 PM »

Kobra, how do you account for people like Blackadar who quit cigarettes twenty years ago, but sometimes still get strong cravings for them?  Are you suggesting that his personality is too addictive to eliminate the cravings, but not addictive enough to make him give in to them?

Can't you allow for the possibility that potentially addictive drugs can affect different people in different ways, and that although you had an easy time kicking the habit, millions and millions of people don't?

-Autistic Angel
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 02:42:07 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 27, 2006, 02:30:12 PM

Quote from: jblank on October 27, 2006, 02:25:07 PM

Maybe with hardcore shit, but are you saying Cigarettes impair judgement? I don't buy that as I don't buy WOW or eating 10 hamburgers a day would impair judgement.  Addiction is listed as a "Mental Disorder", if it was a Chemical Imbalance, wouldn't it be listed as such?  My personal experience with not being able to be addicted to anything leads me to agree that addictions are a state of mind that can be overcome regardless of the chemical or physical nature of that addiction. (I offer no other proof or guarantees of this claim LOL)

Of course this is well out of my field, I am just stating that is my personal opinion on all of it. I think addictive people are weak, and I have contempt for them.  Like a buddy of mine that plays 75 hours of WOW a week and just got fired from work because of it, lost his girlfriend, and lost most of his friends.  I think he is a weak minded fucker.

Kobra, you are an intelligent man, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but you gotta listen to me. Chemicals that create a physical and mental addiction, rewire your brain to depend on them, and yes, to some degree, that will impair your judgement. How do you account for the people out there that will smoke in front of infants, even while holding them? Obviously, a mother loves their child, but in many ways, they love the cigarettes/nicotine, as much, or more, on a psychological level.

I know some very intelligent, strong willed people that were addicts at one point in their lives, and if you look back through history, you will see these people aren't weak at all, they just aren't as strong as the chemical they take. Don't hate people like that, its not right, its not funny, and its not cool, because odds are someone in your life that you have respected or loved even, has been an addict of some sort.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 02:45:14 PM »

I don't disagree that some of any addiction (be it cigarettes, WoW, or whatever) is mental, but for you to say that there is nothing chemically addicting about nicotine is flat out incorrect.  Hence the links.

Of course this is well out of my field, I am just stating that is my personal opinion on all of it. I think addictive people are weak, and I have contempt for them.

saywhat  To each their own, I suppose.  I've been addicted to a number of different things in my life, some of which were very chemical addictions and some of which were completely mental.   Some of them I've kicked, some are in the process of being kicked, and some I haven't.  It's so comforting to know that there's people like Kobra to look down on me for being 'weak'.

LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 02:48:50 PM »

Quote from: Harpua3 on October 27, 2006, 09:09:35 AM

FUCKING CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!

Sorry about that. But sheesh. I quit for 2 freakin` years and then I start again. All summer I battled with it. You know, the "Hey, it`s nice outside. That beer would go good with a cigarette!" Here`s what I say to you government and tobacco companies finger finger finger!!!

They know it`s horrid for people, yet they still make money off it and pretend to care. I get sick when I see thr bullshit ads phillip morris puts up that look so loving and caring, but obviously that`s not the case...Anyway, that could be alot more bitching from me than you guys want to hear so...

Anywho, I do have a point regardless of what this looks like nod. Who here has battled with smoking for AGES? Any ideas on making this quit actually stick? I`m doing pretty good so far, 2 days, almost and zero smokes. But I did good for 2 years and look what I did disgust. Don`t get me wrong I love them cigarettes nod. Unfortunately that`s a bad thing. A very bad thing. I did try some websites last time and it did help. If I remember correctly, Paulbot pointed me to some of them. You still around here?

I feel your pain, brother. I quit for over two years, had one cigar which led to more cigars which led me to buying a carton of Marlboro lights when I couldn't smoke the cigars as much as I needed to on a cruise.

1. Talk to your doctor about Welbutrin. It seemed to help me the first time around.
2. There are a couple of good USENET smoking groups
3. Use self affirmation talk: when you get a crave instead of the 'god I wish I had a smoke' tell yourself over and over again that 'I don't smoke. I am a non=smoker'...repeat this over and over and over until the crave goes away. I know it sounds goofy, but doing that really helped me.
4. Don't give up and don't get down on yourself if you slip.
5. Chomp straws. Eat the hell out of Twizzlers.
6. Ignore the ass in this thread

Good luck and never quit quitting.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 04:56:20 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 27, 2006, 02:42:07 PM

Kobra, you are an intelligent man, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt, but you gotta listen to me. Chemicals that create a physical and mental addiction, rewire your brain to depend on them, and yes, to some degree, that will impair your judgement. How do you account for the people out there that will smoke in front of infants, even while holding them? Obviously, a mother loves their child, but in many ways, they love the cigarettes/nicotine, as much, or more, on a psychological level.

Well I agree there are physical components to many addictions that can make them difficult to break (and some as you note probably have extreme physical addictive properties).  It is a flaw of mine that I look down on addicted people, and I think one of the reason is - I have seen what people let it do to their lives and wonder how the fuck they can not take action?

My brother in-law is an alcoholic and has a problem with weed, he always has cash for booze, but can't pay his mortgage, car payment, or cable bill.  Certainly he has physical addictions but how the hell can he be so goddamn ignorant to not see what it does to him and his families life?  I just can't grasp that concept.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 05:35:56 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on October 27, 2006, 04:56:20 PM

Quote from: jblank on October 27, 2006, 02:42:07 PM

Well I agree there are physical components to many addictions that can make them difficult to break (and some as you note probably have extreme physical addictive properties).  It is a flaw of mine that I look down on addicted people, and I think one of the reason is - I have seen what people let it do to their lives and wonder how the fuck they can not take action?

My brother in-law is an alcoholic and has a problem with weed, he always has cash for booze, but can't pay his mortgage, car payment, or cable bill.  Certainly he has physical addictions but how the hell can he be so goddamn ignorant to not see what it does to him and his families life?  I just can't grasp that concept.

You can't grasp it because you have never been an addict. icon_wink Thats why my analogy about mothers that smoke is appropriate for this situation.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 05:37:38 PM »

There are different levels of addiction, though.  In the example you cited, I think anyone would agree that your BIL has a serious problem.    If he refuses to see it as a problem, then he does deserve some measure of contempt.  However, I think it would be more contempt for his stubborness/willfull ignorance of his family's well-being rather than contempt simply because he's addicted.  One doesn't always come with the other.

In my case, I was/am addicted to chewing tobacco.   I haven't hurt anyone else with my addiction.  I haven't yet had any health problems due to my addiction.  It was actually a very relaxing habit that I quite enjoyed.  However, I'm quitting simply because I wanted to save a few $$ each month and I knew that it eventually may lead to some health issues.  What about that sort addiction would deserve to be "looked down on"?

Not trying to troll here, I'm honestly just curious as to the reasoning.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2006, 06:08:56 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on October 27, 2006, 05:37:38 PM

There are different levels of addiction, though.  In the example you cited, I think anyone would agree that your BIL has a serious problem.    If he refuses to see it as a problem, then he does deserve some measure of contempt.  However, I think it would be more contempt for his stubborness/willfull ignorance of his family's well-being rather than contempt simply because he's addicted.  One doesn't always come with the other.

In my case, I was/am addicted to chewing tobacco.   I haven't hurt anyone else with my addiction.  I haven't yet had any health problems due to my addiction.  It was actually a very relaxing habit that I quite enjoyed.  However, I'm quitting simply because I wanted to save a few $$ each month and I knew that it eventually may lead to some health issues.  What about that sort addiction would deserve to be "looked down on"?

Gratch,

I'm glad you decided to stop chewing tobacco even if it's just because of money.  But one thing that bugs me is this statement  "I haven't hurt anyone else with my addiction"   Now , I don't personally, so I have to ask, are you married?  If you are, you are hurting someone, you're hurting your family.  Maybe not now, but possible down the road.  They are the ones who will have to take care of you because of the addiction.  Even if you're not married, you hurting the average joe, because we are spending millions in taxes to healthcare (hospitals, EMS, county services) because of people's addictions.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2006, 06:22:50 PM »

Quote from: naednek on October 27, 2006, 06:08:56 PM

Quote from: Gratch on October 27, 2006, 05:37:38 PM

Gratch,

I'm glad you decided to stop chewing tobacco even if it's just because of money.  But one thing that bugs me is this statement  "I haven't hurt anyone else with my addiction"   Now , I don't personally, so I have to ask, are you married?  If you are, you are hurting someone, you're hurting your family.  Maybe not now, but possible down the road.  They are the ones who will have to take care of you because of the addiction.  Even if you're not married, you hurting the average joe, because we are spending millions in taxes to healthcare (hospitals, EMS, county services) because of people's addictions.

You make a good point, and I agree that there is possiblity of harm to my family in the future.  I've hopefully nipped it in the bud so it won't happen, but we'll see.

I was really just trying to provide a less extreme scenario than what Kobra described.   I was curious to see if the reaction towards addiction is the same regardless of the circumstances.

walTer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2006, 10:00:05 PM »

I found after 19 years of basically a pack a day, that actually having a reason made it much easier.  I was getting married, wife to be was 7 months preggers and my daughter was on the way.... time for dad go grow up, and live long for her.

That was 9 years ago.

I still get a serious jones from time to time but...I had a reason to stop and that helped. ( I did use a patch for a week or so but meh).  I got cranky and stuff but I made the decision NOT to smoke and I have kept with it.

It is very tough....good luck and be strong.

Edited for spelling- and ignore the people that do not understand how addictive cigarettes are.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 10:03:56 PM by walTer » Logged
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 04:48:33 AM »

I used to smoke two packs a day.......of Kool no less. Quitting was easy. I quit dozens of times. :icon_confused:

Ye Olde Farte
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 01:45:49 PM »

I quit in 92. I had smoked a little over a pack a day since Iw as a teenager in the 80's. I had quit once before back then because I had gotten sick and could'nt smoke for a week. But then I got stuck in a small car on a long trip with 4 of my friends who did smoke and I restarted. It did'nt help it was the 4th of July and I was lighting fireworks with a cig as usual.

What I did was one Saturday I told the wife that I go all night without a cig so why the hell should I start again the next morning. That night I went out around midnight and smoked my last one. I was grumpy for a while and I carried my cigs and lighter for about 2 weeks after that. If I got the craving for one in town Id tell the wife and she'd go "well smoke one if you cant control yourself" and id refuse to smoke one then. After a month or two I did'nt have the urge at all and only occasanally thought about it. After a while I forgot them completely.

I felt so much better after I quit. Id jog everywhere around the house to do yard work and stuff hehe. The shocking thing was not too long after I quit my mom who smoked all her life told me she had lung cancer. In 93 she died. I was even happier Id quit. Made me proud too that Id quit all on my own not knowing she was dying.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2006, 02:23:55 PM »

I quit smoking over a year ago and it was/is the hardest thing I've had to overcome. It really didn't seem that hard at first, but 6 months down the road this is what I actually thought to myself when I got up to go into work one morning...

"Take a shower. Shave. Make some coffee and have a smo...wtf?"

Then some time later I had the dreams, I'm not talking mild dreams either, these dreams consisted of me smoking, I could FEEL the smoke, taste and smell it, it was good...So freaking good.

I woke up crying.  I could taste the cigarette in my mouth even after waking up. Do you have any idea how guilty I felt for smoking in my dream? I woke up feeling like I killed a puppy infront of an entire daycare center.

That's not an addictive personality, that is my brain trying to get me to smoke. My nervous system WANTS it, I don't, it does.

I don't smoke because I choose to not smoke, but I can't let my guard down and I have to admit that I am an nicotine addict and I can't go back to smoking ever again.  I still have the dreams but not as frequently as I used to. My boss who is 57 years old quit smoking when he was 22. He told me that he even craves a cigarette on occassion.

When you quit smoking, many things will change about your daily routine that you never thought of before. Reading, watching TV, what you drink, where you go, how you behave (the biggest one), and who you associate yourself with, and yes even your gaming habits change. The only advice I can give is to keep going, don't stop, and whatever you do don't smoke.

The old smoker who says, "Wish I never started."  I get it now and I too wish I never started smoking. 

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 06:58:58 PM »

Quitting smoking sucks.  A good part of what keeps me from having a cigarette is not wanting to go through quitting ever again.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 11:27:03 AM »

Nice to see all the replies. Sorry, I once more took so long to reply myself. Lots of interesting ideas/comments. It`s super early right now. I`ll post back when my brain is actually on retard.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: