http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 04:35:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My car was broken into... :(  (Read 1098 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2004, 06:23:04 PM »

I received a nice wake-up call this morning from my apartment manager informing me my car window had been smashed in.  Great.  I went to bed at 8AM and she called me at 9AM.  One glorious hour of sleep.

I went down to see the damage and yes, it had indeed been smashed and my car stereo stolen.  Fortunately it wasn't anything fancy, but it still kinda sucks.  I called the police and my insurance.  Now I'm just waiting for the people to come and fingerprint my car and then I'll have to take it to get an estimate.
I guess it takes the estimator person a day or two to come out and approve the estimate, so I'll have to drive with a broken window for a couple days.  Fun.  Maybe I should just pay for it if it's not too much.

Well, that's my excitement for the day.  I would have preferred a nice boring one or at least a few more hours of sleep.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
croman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 06:26:37 PM »

Welcome to the club smile

I had our Grand Am broken into 2x last year.  Then I had someone smash into me and total it (and almost me).  Maybe it is better that the Grand Am is gone.. it was bad luck
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 07:16:54 PM »

You actually have some one coming by to look at the car and fingerprint it?  Are you rich or a celebrity?  The police showed no interest in any way when the back of my explorer was broken out (after taking a side window out that was too small) to steal my laptop.  Insurance had me take it straight to the body shop (where it sat for over a week) and I now have a new Dell laptop that is never left outside Tongue
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 07:44:27 PM »

That sucks, I had it happen to me once.  I was glad that my deductable was only $100.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 09:31:32 PM »

Quote from: "ericb"
You actually have some one coming by to look at the car and fingerprint it?  Are you rich or a celebrity?  

Neither unfortunately.  I was a little surprised too, but I doubt anything will come of it.  The police arrived quickly and were very courteous and easy to talk to.  It was nice to see. (and no, I don't live in Mayberry)  :p

Since my deductible is $500, I think I'll just pay the $$ to have it fixed.  That way I won't have to wait around for an estimator which could take awhile.  I'm grateful it doesn't snow here and there's no rain in the forecast.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2004, 03:46:36 AM »

I feel for you!!  Had mine broken into about 5 years ago.  The Clarion deck was not a huge loss but the CD case of 40 CD's was a huge blow!  I had some rare stuff in their - couple of old old Dream Theater bootlegs and stuff like that.  

When I upgraded my Focus stereo a year or so ago I went Alpine MP3 player so I no longer carry CD's in my car, just burned ones.  Also had my amp screwed into the floor board under the passenger seat. My  speakers are seperates but completely sealed in the door and my sub is an Infinity 10" built in amp that screws into the metal of the rear seat in the little hatch thingie.  When the face of the stereo is off my car looks like any other beater.  

-Crusis

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Console Games Best Player
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2004, 10:39:37 PM »

Quote from: "croman"

I had our Grand Am broken into 2x last year.  Then I had someone smash into me and total it (and almost me). Maybe it is better that the Grand Am is gone..

That sounds like insurance fraud to me.

:wink:

Have you beaten 1,658 games?  I have.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: