http://gamingtrend.com
August 29, 2014, 08:29:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Big Fat Obnoxious Boss - Anyone else? (Guilty Pleasure)  (Read 1174 times)
Pharaoh
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2004, 12:50:33 AM »

Im sorry, but I know I can't be the only person watching this show with a hint of embarrassment. I know the concept is bad, the contestants are so obviously not professionals, but god damn if the situations and reactions they purposefully give these poor people are hilarious.

The guy playing the boss is solid, his "employees" are fun (especially the gay guy who purposely tries to frustrate the guy team). After my mandatory Arrested Development, I have no issues watching this too.

Anyone else? Tell me Im not alone!

P.S. - The Super Secret Boss Gimmic needs to go, because it can't possibly be anyone respectable can it? It's probally a Magic 8 ball.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 01:07:14 AM »

SPOILER ALERT:

It's Rupert Murdoch behind the door.  He's giving away his company in a bid to outdo Branson and save TV forever.

Okay, maybe not.  But you looked, didn't you?

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 01:12:37 AM »

I watched, and loved, Obnoxious Fiance so I did watch the first Obnoxious Boss show. It didn't grab me.  Making them beg for money was almost as lame as that jenga game on the first, and last, episode of Benefactor I checked out.  Some of it was funny, like when he told that guy he was short(WTF?) and seeing how fake the contestants were when they praised the 'expensive' champagne and hor durves(yeah I know I spelled that wrong).

So, was the second one improved, or are are they still lacking funny things to make them do?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 01:46:21 AM »

i'll admit to watching parts of both episodes.  i thought one of the best parts of the first episode was the little reception they had after introducing the boss.   the boss claimed to be serving expensive hors d'oeuvres and champagne, and the contestants were all talking about how good it was and obviously very expensive...little did they know that champagne was the cheapest stuff available, and the patte was made from Spam and bologna biggrin

the second episode had the teams trying to sell hot soup from street carts on a sunny july afternoon in chicago.  when the teams started doing better than expected, the producers sent in guys with Italian Ice carts to follow them around and steal their business.  
they also had a pretty funny moment between the last two contestants in the board room.  the boss asked the first girl to give 3 reasons the other should be hired...then he turned the tables on them.  the first girl was expecting a turn at being complemented, but instead the boss asked for 3 reasons she should be fired.  the look of astonishment the girl's face was priceless.  his little "on the one had *blah, blah*...on the other hand, get the hell out!" was pretty funny too.

personally, i think the 'secret boss' gimmick is pretty lame.  it's probably going to be some kind of animal sitting in the chair...my money's on a monkey.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Tony
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 02:59:18 AM »

I think the secret boss is going to be the obnoxioius fiancee from the first series.
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 05:21:59 AM »

I think it'll be the manager of a local mcDonalds store.

Winner will be offered a job as assistant manager.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 06:09:32 AM »

The red states oughta love seeing Fox stick it to those "ivy league hotshots".
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 02:07:29 PM »

I think that the secret boss is the one older woman who doesn't look like she could pose for Playboy.

Just my theory.

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 04:22:14 PM »

Guilty.  :oops:  I watched most of the first two episodes.  I don't know if I will keep watching, but on a higher level (yes, I said higher level) I do like how it is a satire of a lot of the BS that goes on in the biz world and the reality show world (stupid sales warm-up exercises, unbelievably dumb and gullible contestants who will put up with ridiculous situations as long as they are on a show, etc).   I'm probably giving it too much credit. slywink  And I can't believe the contestants are really falling for this (Excalibur?!?! LOL), but maybe I am giving THEM too much credit, too.

I agree that no actual successful businessperson would agree to be the real boss here.  I think the secret boss is probably either one of the contestants (who's a mole), a Fox mid-level suit, or a chicken that is randomly picking between two names.  My money's on the chicken.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
jpinard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 02:00:51 AM »

I missed the first episode, but the second was damn funny.  this si the only reality show I've watched in several years.  

My guess is the boss is a monkey as well.  And all those Ivy League'ers  thought the mottled sword "Excaliber" was real.  Man what morons.  Shows they didn't study history.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: