http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 04:45:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: movie - Surrogates with Bruce Willis -sci-fi  (Read 903 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2009, 12:01:28 AM »

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/objects/893685/10009598-surrogates/videos/surrogates_trl_trailer2_051909.html

Looks damn cool. Based off a book I never read. What a world that would be where everyone stays home and just controls their robotic form out in the world.

If you cant get that video to work try this link..

http://surrogates-movie-trailer.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:11:57 AM by Daehawk » Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 01:14:15 AM »

They filmed a lot of this movie right outside my work.  I can vouch for two things: a) there are a lot of very attractive extras in the movie, and b) Bruce Willis is going to nail the "walk into a salon" scene because they made him walk in about 50 times.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 06:13:44 AM »

That looks really good.  It will be actiony probably, but the core story is very classic scifi.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 08:00:47 PM »

Since this is the only topic I can find about the movie, I'm guessing everyone thought the same as I did? It thourougly sucked...

and whats up with ALWAYS showing the end of a movie in the trailer?? I can tell almost every time I see a trailer, what part is from the last 5-8 minutes of a movie...annoying, and a dead giveaway for what happens if you have just a small capacity for thinking...

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:02:21 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 16, 2010, 08:00:47 PM

Since this is the only topic I can find about the movie, I'm guessing everyone thought the same as I did? It thourougly sucked...

that's pretty much how I felt about the movie when I saw it a week ago.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 08:03:25 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 16, 2010, 08:02:21 PM

Quote from: Razgon on February 16, 2010, 08:00:47 PM

that's pretty much how I felt about the movie when I saw it a week ago.

Yep I felt the same way.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:11:11 PM »

I thought Willis did a decent job in it, particularly when his character was without his Surrogate. 

Otherwise, not great.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 08:12:53 PM »

heh, well - yeah didnt really comment on Bruce willis, since he did what he does best... Being baddass, bleeding and stumbling around half-dead :-D Oh, and I mean that in the best way possible :-)

A new one
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 08:19:41 PM »

That was actually a pretty creepy movie.

We liked it...didn't think it was great, but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:50 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 16, 2010, 08:12:53 PM

heh, well - yeah didnt really comment on Bruce willis, since he did what he does best... Being baddass, bleeding and stumbling around half-dead :-D Oh, and I mean that in the best way possible :-)

I remember liking some of his non-action scenes in this one.  He did a respectable job at conveying a sense of fear and vulnerability on a few occasions when he was without his magic robot.   Eventually, he's essentially John McClain again, but I enjoyed the bits where he wasn't.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2010, 08:35:51 PM »

oh, dont get me wrong - I'm a BIG fan of Bruce Willis, and he's a bloody good actor. I've seen him do things I'd never imagined he could do (no, no attack ships on fire in the belt of orion, but close :-D ), but..he didnt have much to work with in this movie, and frankly, if it had been anyone else in the main role, I'd have turned off the movie before the end.

edit: good actor, not god actor :-D

A new one
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »

Just rented this over the weekend, mostly out of curiosity to see how many locales I recognized since they filmed a lot of this right next to my work. It was pretty neat seeing my office in some shots, and I recognized the scene that I watched them film. (Bruce Willis walking into a beauty parlor. They had him walk up the stairs and open the door a dozen times.)

Other than that novelty it really sucked.  I actually watched the last third at 1.5x speed so I could wrap things up faster. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »

Yeah, I just watched this today and it had the potential to be a decent sci-fi action thriller, but several things they did made it pretty much suck.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 10:21:08 PM »

Got this from Netflix the other day and it passed the time, I guess.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 03:09:54 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 22, 2009, 01:14:15 AM

They filmed a lot of this movie right outside my work.  I can vouch for two things: a) there are a lot of very attractive extras in the movie, and b) Bruce Willis is going to nail the "walk into a salon" scene because they made him walk in about 50 times.

Geeze, what's so hard about walking to a salon?  retard

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 03:45:20 AM »

Quote from: Ridah on February 22, 2010, 03:09:54 AM

Quote from: wonderpug on May 22, 2009, 01:14:15 AM

Geeze, what's so hard about walking to a salon?  retard

Do you want me to ████ go trash your lights?  Do you want me to ████ trash 'em? Then why are you trashing my scene?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 07:11:58 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 21, 2010, 08:31:58 PM

Yeah, I just watched this today and it had the potential to be a decent sci-fi action thriller, but several things they did made it pretty much suck.

It took me two sittings to watch it.  I fell asleep midway the first time, and almost fell asleep again the second time lol.  Conceptually it was a very cool premise, kind of a mix between Dollhouse, The Matrix, Avatar, Gamer and I Robot.  Basically everyone has an "avatar" which is a robot that you send out into the "real" world through a cyberlink.  You can make it look like an optimized version of yourself, or something completely different.  You can't be physically harmed (at the outset) so you can take risks, live your life to the fullest, etc.  But of course as always something goes awry with the tech and you have a murder, multiple agendas etc etc.  It's such an interesting core concept that it's a shame a better story couldn't have gone along with it.

Unfortunately almost all of the elements became kind of confused and jumbled, and I don't know if it was me falling asleep or what, but the twists seemed a bit confusing.  It felt like one of those sci-fi movies that had a bunch of different people tinkering with the original vision and concept.  Some people wanted more action, some wanted more effects, some wanted more twists, some wanted more emotional content, some wanted to portray a cautionary sci-fi tale.  In the end everyone got their two cents in and mish-mashed the whole thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: