http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 06:25:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Move to DFW. Everyone else is.  (Read 2528 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:46:32 PM »

Dallas-Ft. Worth tops population growth among US cities. This explains why my commute is taking longer and longer each day.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 27, 2008, 01:46:32 PM

Dallas-Ft. Worth tops population growth among US cities. This explains why my commute is taking longer and longer each day.

HA HA. PWNT!
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 02:37:53 PM »

I'd rather move feet first into a wood chipper.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on March 27, 2008, 02:37:53 PM

I'd rather move feet first into a wood chipper.

DOUBLE PWNT!

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »

I almost did about 5 years ago when I interviewed with Northrup Grumman there. Their F-16 simulator there was pretty cool. It seemed okay, but nothing grabbed me and said "move down here ASAP!".

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 04:17:17 PM »

If I decide to move to Bushland I'll go to Austin.  Dallas?  No thanks.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 04:36:06 PM »

Eww Texas
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »

on the plus side you'd have a chance to see how girly of a man WBS really is  icon_twisted Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 04:46:38 PM »

I'll be there for a couple of weeks in April.  Not gonna stay, though.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 05:00:31 PM »

Personally, I like Western Massachusetts.  All we deal with is some snow and ice - no killer bees, alligators, hurricanes, or earthquakes, none that you'd actually notice anyway. There are some rattlesnakes hidden away somewhere that no one ever sees, and one person a year seems to get bitten by a bad spider. I think we had a tornado once, though it just seemed like a warm weather Nor'easter.

Yes, I have no life.  I actually think of these things some days!  I'd like to move to a warmer clime eventually, but then  I remember the weather, the creepie crawlies, and the 'gators...  paranoid

Oh, and we only have traffic while UMASS is in sesssion, the best time of year the stude-nuts are gone!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 27, 2008, 04:43:40 PM

on the plus side you'd have a chance to see how girly of a man WBS really is  icon_twisted Tongue
How come I see you doing this while having WBS over your knee giving him a spanking?  icon_wink

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »

Quote from: Graham on March 27, 2008, 05:06:15 PM

How come I see you doing this while having WBS over your knee giving him a spanking?  icon_wink

This has to be the oddest speculation of my sex life I've ever encountered.

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 05:10:17 PM »

Quote from: mytocles on March 27, 2008, 05:00:31 PM

Personally, I like Western Massachusetts.  All we deal with is some snow and ice - no killer bees, alligators, hurricanes, or earthquakes, none that you'd actually notice anyway. There are some rattlesnakes hidden away somewhere that no one ever sees, and one person a year seems to get bitten by a bad spider. I think we had a tornado once, though it just seemed like a warm weather Nor'easter.

Yes, I have no life.  I actually think of these things some days!  I'd like to move to a warmer clime eventually, but then  I remember the weather, the creepie crawlies, and the 'gators...  paranoid

Oh, and we only have traffic while UMASS is in sesssion, the best time of year the stude-nuts are gone!  Tongue

Gators? The only gators around here are in the zoo. It's not like Dallas is built on top of wetlands. The only wildlife I've seen near my house are squirrels and cotton tails. Personally, I'd like to live somewhere else considering my sinuses blow up every spring and fall like they're doing right now.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 05:17:38 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 27, 2008, 05:10:17 PM

Quote from: mytocles on March 27, 2008, 05:00:31 PM

Gators? The only gators around here are in the zoo. It's not like Dallas is built on top of wetlands. The only wildlife I've seen near my house are squirrels and cotton tails. Personally, I'd like to live somewhere else considering my sinuses blow up every spring and fall like they're doing right now.

Oops! Can you tell Geography was my worst subject in school? I really have no clue where DFW is, and apparently only a vague idea where Texas is.  I watch a lot of Animal Precinct, and must be confusing the Miami officers with the Dallas ones.  Sorry, lol.  retard

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 05:21:30 PM »

Is it true that I'll need an ugly hat and a speech impediment?

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 05:26:54 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on March 27, 2008, 05:21:30 PM

Those are issued at the border.  That, and an irrational mental tick to use words like "Ya'll" and "Ifn'ya". 

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 06:37:22 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on March 27, 2008, 05:21:30 PM

Hats are optional. Ya'll.

unbreakable
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »

Also, the pollution killed off all the gators back in '01.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 06:51:05 PM »

Quote from: unbreakable on March 27, 2008, 06:42:26 PM

"Actually, they say the pollution is why we have such beautiful sunsets."

SpicyJ
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 07:47:56 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on March 27, 2008, 06:51:05 PM

Quote from: unbreakable on March 27, 2008, 06:42:26 PM

"Actually, they say the pollution is why we have such beautiful sunsets."

I like Dennis Farina's re-telling of that quote much better biggrin

GT/OO Weight Loss Tracker: http://www.jxprime.net/WeightTracker
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2008, 08:31:14 PM »

if it's anything like houston, you'll get a chance to see crazy ass drivers in action.  Gah-damm, that city is fuct traffic wise.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2008, 08:42:50 PM »

Find me a job, and I will. Tongue
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »

PASS

I'm not fond of the state I live in currently, but I've always hated Texas and would never move there.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 09:20:29 PM »

Quote from: Graham on March 27, 2008, 05:06:15 PM

That was so far out of left field that I feel like a proud father.  Good going!

Because I can,
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 04:43:04 AM »

Quote from: DarkEL on March 27, 2008, 09:15:49 PM

PASS

I'm not fond of the state I live in currently, but I've always hated Texas and would never move there.

A few years back a very good friend of mine got a job in Houston, and I harassed him endlessly about it.  Ya know, just rubbing some salt in the wound as they say. I visited him several times and afterwords swore up and down it would be a cold day in hell before I'd move to Texas.  Lo and behold, a few years go by, a nice job opportunity came up, and I now live just a couple of blocks from my friend I so endlessly teased.  And I've never been so damn miserable in my life!  Karma is a bitch I guess, ugh.  Oh well, I'm high tailing it back out of this state come summer.  No damn job is worth it.

Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2008, 10:06:47 PM »

Quote from: Interloper on March 28, 2008, 04:43:04 AM

PASS

A few years back a very good friend of mine got a job in Houston, and I harassed him endlessly about it.  Ya know, just rubbing some salt in the wound as they say. I visited him several times and afterwords swore up and down it would be a cold day in hell before I'd move to Texas.  Lo and behold, a few years go by, a nice job opportunity came up, and I now live just a couple of blocks from my friend I so endlessly teased.  And I've never been so damn miserable in my life!  Karma is a bitch I guess, ugh.  Oh well, I'm high tailing it back out of this state come summer.  No damn job is worth it.

You know.. if you live inside the loop, Houston's pretty cool.  That said, i just moved to Austin.   But Dallas sucks.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 10:46:01 AM »

Quote from: Geezer on April 03, 2008, 10:06:47 PM

PASS

You know.. if you live inside the loop, Houston's pretty cool.  That said, i just moved to Austin.   But Dallas sucks.

Wow, you've got that completely backward. Houston is America's armpit (seriously, it's the biggest cesspool of a town I've ever lived in), while Dallas is pretty nice. Austin is a great place to visit, but I can't say I'd want to live there.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »

It's a north/south rivalry. Everyone I've known who was born/raised in either Houston or Austin can't stand Dallas, and vice versa. I think Austin is quaint, while Houston outright sucks. Dallas is pleasant but the allergies here are killer.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »

Quote from: godhugh on April 04, 2008, 10:46:01 AM

Houston is America's armpit (seriously, it's the biggest cesspool of a town I've ever lived in),

no matter what you do, don't move to Baltimore- the town has some nice parts but The Wire ain't lying when they show how run down the place is.

Because I can,
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 03:17:31 PM »

PASS

Wow, you've got that completely backward. Houston is America's armpit (seriously, it's the biggest cesspool of a town I've ever lived in), while Dallas is pretty nice. Austin is a great place to visit, but I can't say I'd want to live there.

JEEBUS!!!   eek  I've never seen someone be dead wrong three times in one sentence before.  Crazy times. 
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on April 04, 2008, 02:05:52 PM

It's a north/south rivalry. Everyone I've known who was born/raised in either Houston or Austin can't stand Dallas, and vice versa. I think Austin is quaint, while Houston outright sucks. Dallas is pleasant but the allergies here are killer.

I was raised in DC slywink  So that, combined with having lived for at least two years in every major Texas city, indicates that I have an unbiased and obviously correct viewpoint.    nod
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2008, 04:07:43 PM »

But Dallas sucks.

Amen, brother.

I associate the entire state of Texas with the Cowboys, and therefore could never live there.  Ever.  Fortunately Arizona doesn't have a professional team, therefore eliminating any potential for conflict.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

You can thank me for not living there and I guarantee you I never will.

I won't tell anyone where the best place to live is because then it would no longer be the best place when a bunch of nitwits moved into it.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Geezer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2008, 06:59:31 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on April 04, 2008, 04:07:43 PM

But Dallas sucks.

Amen, brother.

I associate the entire state of Texas with the Cowboys, and therefore could never live there.  Ever.  Fortunately Arizona doesn't have a professional team, therefore eliminating any potential for conflict.

Go 'Skins!!!
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2008, 07:54:55 PM »

Quote from: Geezer on April 04, 2008, 03:17:31 PM

PASS

JEEBUS!!!   eek  I've never seen someone be dead wrong three times in one sentence before.  Crazy times. 

Holy sweet mother.  Completely agree.  Dallas is LA without the good weather.  It's an awful, awful place.  Austin is on the short list of 'Places I would live if forced to vacate the SF Bay Area'.  Houston is average, but way nicer than Dallas.

That being said, Dallas has hot chicks.  But so does Austin.  Houston... not so much.

gellar
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 08:00:02 PM »

And I'd move to San Fran in a heartbeat if I could afford the insane cost of living. I love that city.

gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 08:03:17 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on April 04, 2008, 08:00:02 PM

...San Fran... insane cost of living...

You have no idea.

gellar
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 08:47:23 PM »

I do as a matter of fact, having done some research first-hand while out there last year. Somehow I doubt that costs of both real estate and everyday essentials has miraculously decreased in that time. slywink A shame really. Though if I ever won the lottery I'd be out there in a flash.  icon_biggrin

godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 12:50:28 AM »

Quote from: gellar on April 04, 2008, 07:54:55 PM

Quote from: Geezer on April 04, 2008, 03:17:31 PM

PASS

Holy sweet mother.  Completely agree.  Dallas is LA without the good weather.  It's an awful, awful place.  Austin is on the short list of 'Places I would live if forced to vacate the SF Bay Area'.  Houston is average, but way nicer than Dallas.

That being said, Dallas has hot chicks.  But so does Austin.  Houston... not so much.

gellar

I don't get how anyone can think Houston is even average. The whole city smells, it has an awful highway system, there's no zoning, and it has some of the worst urban sprawl in the country. Dallas certainly isn't the best city in the world (there are a ton of places I'd rather live) but it's generally clean, the highway system is much improved, and it's very livable. It doesn't have a ton of personality like Austin, but at least it doesn't have a crappy personality like Houston.
SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 04:41:34 AM »

Wacky!

I just spent 10 days at a customer site, in Irving. Didn't get to do much, worked like a dog. I missed the mountains .  icon_confused

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: