http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 12:02:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Motorola RAZR Phone Battery Life?  (Read 1166 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
KC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1497


View Profile
« on: September 26, 2006, 12:03:28 PM »

My current Verizon Wireless contract expires next month and my wife and I want to get new phones.  We are thinking about the Motorola RAZR phones, but are unsure because of some internet postings claiming that the battery life is not good.  Anyone here have experience with this phone and can put in their two cents?  Thanks
Logged
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13976


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 12:17:25 PM »

I've had one since July and battery life seems excellent, at least compared to other phones I've had.  Now, I don't talk a whole lot on it but, in general, I can get by with charging it once over the weekend and it will hold the charge for most or all of the week. 
Logged
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6235


TML, for short.


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 12:51:46 PM »

No, no, no, maybe I'm an isolated experience, but I hate my RAZR phone.  I absolutely hate it.

The battery life on mine is pretty spotty.  Sometimes, it'll be giving me a "low battery" in a day or less, not kidding.  And I charge every time I go to bed.

I've dropped it a few times which first resulted in a crack on the hinge, and now the hinge has totally broken off, so the top part is basically hanging on by one hinge.  Maybe that's a root of all the problems I'm having with the phone, maybe not, either way, make sure you aren't clumsy (i.e. prone to dropping things) or you'll end up routinely accidently hanging up on people when you're switching your RAZR to the other ear and it flips down.

The browser is slow.  I've found the volume not to be loud enough.

However, I have a first-gen RAZR phone.  They've come out with revised versions of it (I don't have a video-camera, so I know mine is an older model).

I like the speaker phone.  That's about it.
Logged

TheMissingLink on PSN
Meisterbrew
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Reader

Offline Offline

Posts: 194


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 12:59:40 PM »

its a love/hate relationship with my razor also i have the alltel v3c and i hate alltel's version...
Logged
warning
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 7325



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 01:37:25 PM »

I've had one since the spring and have had no problems with it.  I think I charge it once a week or maybe every 5 days or so.  But I don't talk on it much and don't do any surfing with it so YMMV.
Logged
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4698


Badassfully


View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 02:16:26 PM »

As long as you don't leave bluetooth on, the battery life is OK. 
Logged
kathode
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2469



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 02:31:27 PM »

I'm in with the hater crowd.  I don't think the interface is any good and text messaging is painful.  Seems like the pause that you have to do between letters on the same key is HUGE compared to other phones I've had.  Also I think the max volume on the speaker in normal mode is way too low.

Battery life was fine for me until a few months back.  I accidentally dropped my phone in a sink with about an inch of water in it.  I fished it out immediately and dryed it off and there was nothing obviously wrong with it.  However, soon I noticed that now the blue light behind the keys never ever goes off.  So I get about 5-6 hours of battery life now.  Not really the phone's fault, but I hate it and don't want to pay to get it fixed.  Just want a new phone.
Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 02:35:13 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 26, 2006, 12:17:25 PM

I've had one since July and battery life seems excellent, at least compared to other phones I've had.  Now, I don't talk a whole lot on it but, in general, I can get by with charging it once over the weekend and it will hold the charge for most or all of the week. 

+1.  I really don't use alot of the features other than the camera, but I haven't had any issues with it yet.  I got it free with a 2 year contract with Cingular through Wirefly.com.
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
jblank
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4215


Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned


View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 03:53:05 PM »

I love the phone, but the battery life is spotty, like someone else said. I usually have to charge mine twice a week, but its our primary phone (the wife and I don't have old school telephone service and it does get used a lot, but its easily the phones worst feature.

Mines the Cingular V3C.
Logged

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Kobra
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3240


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 04:45:05 PM »

Quote from: KC on September 26, 2006, 12:03:28 PM

My current Verizon Wireless contract expires next month and my wife and I want to get new phones.  We are thinking about the Motorola RAZR phones, but are unsure because of some internet postings claiming that the battery life is not good.  Anyone here have experience with this phone and can put in their two cents?  Thanks

I just noticed in Costco the other day, they have 2 Razor's for $29.99 deal.  I can investigate further for you next time I am in there, or you can check locally.  I'd be happy to pull a pamplet if the deal is still going and give you specifics.  At the worst, if the battery poofs or the phone breaks you can just exchange it for a new one there or get cash back.  thumbsup
Logged

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4071


View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 09:26:55 PM »

I've never had a problem with my RAZR's battery.  Probably because I charge it whenever I get home. :slywink:

It's a fine phone.  Much better than the ancient Nokia I was using previously.  I bought the RAZR for the form-factor (small, fits nicely in my pocket) than for any of the extra features.
Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 825


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 04:52:10 AM »

DO NOT BUY A RAZR!!!! visit howardforums!!
Logged

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3409


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 09:03:27 AM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher on September 27, 2006, 04:52:10 AM

DO NOT BUY A RAZR!!!! visit howardforums!!

My Oh My, aren't you just a helpful little bugger. Why don't you run along and play, maybe out in the street on the yellow lines. Really. It's not dangerous at all. I promise.

Quote from: KC on September 26, 2006, 12:03:28 PM

My current Verizon Wireless contract expires next month and my wife and I want to get new phones.  We are thinking about the Motorola RAZR phones, but are unsure because of some internet postings claiming that the battery life is not good.  Anyone here have experience with this phone and can put in their two cents?  Thanks

The battery life is great, with one exception: If you spend a lot of time in an area where you get no signal the phone continually searches for the network, and kills the battery.

People have argued this with me, but they're quite simply wrong. I have a Razr V3m from Verizon. I work underground, under about three floors worth of concrete and steel, at the local Airport. There's no phone signal down there unless you have T-Mobile, as they have signal repeaters all over the airport.

Back on topic:

Let's say I charge my phone right before I leave for work. It hits full charge. I hop in the car, and twenty five minutes later I'm underground without signal. The phone will be dead before my ten hour shift is over if I leave it on. I start at 2:30 in the afternoon. The phone will seriously be dead before it's time for me to leave at 1am.

Now in my three days off work every week? I never have to charge it, and it stays on all the time. I had a few days when I was on vacation where I didn't use it for anything, and after I think 4 days it still had only dropped one bar on the battery meter.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:05:14 AM by Thin_J » Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 825


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 09:24:54 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 27, 2006, 09:03:27 AM

Quote from: Louis Cypher on September 27, 2006, 04:52:10 AM

DO NOT BUY A RAZR!!!! visit howardforums!!

My Oh My, aren't you just a helpful little bugger. Why don't you run along and play, maybe out in the street on the yellow lines. Really. It's not dangerous at all. I promise.

Quote from: KC on September 26, 2006, 12:03:28 PM

My current Verizon Wireless contract expires next month and my wife and I want to get new phones.  We are thinking about the Motorola RAZR phones, but are unsure because of some internet postings claiming that the battery life is not good.  Anyone here have experience with this phone and can put in their two cents?  Thanks

The battery life is great, with one exception: If you spend a lot of time in an area where you get no signal the phone continually searches for the network, and kills the battery.

People have argued this with me, but they're quite simply wrong. I have a Razr V3m from Verizon. I work underground, under about three floors worth of concrete and steel, at the local Airport. There's no phone signal down there unless you have T-Mobile, as they have signal repeaters all over the airport.

Back on topic:

Let's say I charge my phone right before I leave for work. It hits full charge. I hop in the car, and twenty five minutes later I'm underground without signal. The phone will be dead before my ten hour shift is over if I leave it on. I start at 2:30 in the afternoon. The phone will seriously be dead before it's time for me to leave at 1am.

Now in my three days off work every week? I never have to charge it, and it stays on all the time. I had a few days when I was on vacation where I didn't use it for anything, and after I think 4 days it still had only dropped one bar on the battery meter.
Hey ass, Thats all I need to say.  Howardforums is the best place to find out about cell phones...its a garbage phone..Motorola doesnt even make the phone, its subed out to another company. Its plagued with bugs, the menu gets unbareably slow when you have too many texts, pictures, ringtones, etc. Plus the Verizon UI is complete shit.  Want a good phone, with good RF? get a Nokia 6256i.  Only agents sell the phone, a corporate store won't even sell it   
Logged

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Eduardo X
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2681



View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 09:42:57 PM »

Quote from: TheMissingLink on September 26, 2006, 12:51:46 PM

No, no, no, maybe I'm an isolated experience, but I hate my RAZR phone.  I absolutely hate it.

The battery life on mine is pretty spotty.  Sometimes, it'll be giving me a "low battery" in a day or less, not kidding.  And I charge every time I go to bed.

I've dropped it a few times which first resulted in a crack on the hinge, and now the hinge has totally broken off, so the top part is basically hanging on by one hinge.  Maybe that's a root of all the problems I'm having with the phone, maybe not, either way, make sure you aren't clumsy (i.e. prone to dropping things) or you'll end up routinely accidently hanging up on people when you're switching your RAZR to the other ear and it flips down.

The browser is slow.  I've found the volume not to be loud enough.

However, I have a first-gen RAZR phone.  They've come out with revised versions of it (I don't have a video-camera, so I know mine is an older model).

I like the speaker phone.  That's about it.
You like how it is pink, don't you?
Logged

PSN ID: EduardoX
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3409


View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 10:01:09 PM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher
Hey ass, Thats all I need to say.  Howardforums is the best place to find out about cell phones...its a garbage phone..Motorola doesnt even make the phone, its subed out to another company. Its plagued with bugs, the menu gets unbareably slow when you have too many texts, pictures, ringtones, etc. Plus the Verizon UI is complete shit.  Want a good phone, with good RF? get a Nokia 6256i.  Only agents sell the phone, a corporate store won't even sell it   

That's not all you need to say to convince someone not to buy something. If you're going to say something sucks, back it up with your reasons in your post.

Newsflash: people tend to ignore posts that contain almost as many exclamation points as letters or words. You should try harder at.. you know, writing in English.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 10:02:44 PM by Thin_J » Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Louis Cypher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 825


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 11:32:29 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 27, 2006, 10:01:09 PM

Quote from: Louis Cypher
Hey ass, Thats all I need to say.  Howardforums is the best place to find out about cell phones...its a garbage phone..Motorola doesnt even make the phone, its subed out to another company. Its plagued with bugs, the menu gets unbareably slow when you have too many texts, pictures, ringtones, etc. Plus the Verizon UI is complete shit.  Want a good phone, with good RF? get a Nokia 6256i.  Only agents sell the phone, a corporate store won't even sell it   

That's not all you need to say to convince someone not to buy something. If you're going to say something sucks, back it up with your reasons in your post.

Newsflash: people tend to ignore posts that contain almost as many exclamation points as letters or words. You should try harder at.. you know, writing in English.
dude..its the internet..calm down
Logged

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Fireball
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1621


View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 02:26:38 PM »

I've had a RAZR for round about three months now. I'm not thrilled with it. The battery life is terrible, and what's worse is that when it starts to get low, it beeps -- it beeps a very loud, very grating beep -- and I can't figure out how to turn it off. I'm starting to hate the phone.

I would not buy one.

I think I can handle the phone for maybe another year or so. I wish Apple would get its long-rumored phone out soon, so that I could just switch to it.
Logged

naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4741



View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 08:15:35 AM »

i hate my razr, i make about 3 calls that last maybe less than 5 mins each and i'll get a low battery signal.  It happens all the time. I'm stuck with this phone till July 07.  I dont' know how long I'll last.
Logged
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 6235


TML, for short.


View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »

Yeah, I've got 8 months left on my Razr (if it doesn't fall apart by then...seriously, a hinge is broke and the top screen is barely hanging on) and I can't wait to get a new phone and fucking destroy the thing.
Logged

TheMissingLink on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 02:30:35 PM »

Can't you guys get a new phone before your contract runs out, or are you really dissatisfied with your current provider?
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Thin_J
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 3409


View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 04:49:55 PM »

Quote from: Louis Cypher
dude..its the internet..calm down

I'm perfectly calm.

You still haven't written a single coherent sentence since you started on this board.
Logged

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 11292


I said good day, sir!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »

My contract plan with T-Mobile is done with and I definitely need to replace my shitty Seimens phone that I got a couple years ago.  Are there any other phones you guys would specifically recommend I check out or avoid?  I'm partial to flip-phones and really don't need any extras like camera/video/mp3 crap.  Do you know how hard it is to find a simple goddamn phone that is just a phone these days?
Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 11292


I said good day, sir!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 06:40:53 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 30, 2006, 04:49:55 PM

Quote from: Louis Cypher
dude..its the internet..calm down

I'm perfectly calm.

You still haven't written a single coherent sentence since you started on this board.

The Dude: Just take it easy, man.
Walter: I'm perfectly calm Dude.
The Dude: Yeah, waving the fucking gun around?
Walter: Calmer than you are.
The Dude: Will you just take it easy, man?
Walter: Calmer than you are.
Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Darren8r
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 1138


I like video games


View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 06:45:43 PM »

My $0.02
I have a Sony Ericsson K700i it came out like 4 years ago and I can hold a strong battery for 3 days before it starts going low, on regular usage.

When I do alot of video recording or playing alot of MP3's or picture taking it usually runs lower faster.
When I browse GamingTrend on my phone and text message I'm good for about 3 days aswell.

And thats the original battery. I bought it off eBay for $120. So who knows what happened to it before I got it.

Anyways, a new Razr should hold a strong charge for atleast a week.
Logged

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4741



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2006, 08:53:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 30, 2006, 02:30:35 PM

Can't you guys get a new phone before your contract runs out, or are you really dissatisfied with your current provider?

I hate cingular, and if I get a new phone it will extend my contract.  So I'm stuck.
Logged
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 21083



View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2006, 09:00:13 PM »

I upgraded to a RAZR from a REAAAAAAALY old Nokia phone, so I'm liking it thus far.  smile
Logged

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
stiffler
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 4071


View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2006, 10:47:10 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on September 30, 2006, 09:00:13 PM

I upgraded to a RAZR from a REAAAAAAALY old Nokia phone, so I'm liking it thus far.  smile

That's where I'm coming from.  The only complaint I have is that my hand cramps up depending on how I hold it.  Also, I might be one of the lucky few that like my RAZR simply because I make only one or two brief calls a day on it.

Oh, and if you ever use it to get online (not reccomended, but possible) Opera Mini is far better than the built in web browser.  It's free, you need only point the inbedded browser to that URL to download it.
Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15987


▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start


View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2006, 11:10:37 PM »

Quote from: stiffler on September 30, 2006, 10:47:10 PM

Oh, and if you ever use it to get online (not reccomended, but possible) Opera Mini is far better than the built in web browser.  It's free, you need only point the inbedded browser to that URL to download it.

I agree that Opera Mini is a very nice browser replacement (using it instead of the browser that's included on my Treo 650). Only one real issue - the browser doesn't report itself as a phone browser (instead, it tells websites that it's a PC surfing the 'net), so some sites that require that identification will automatically fail (like the site I visit to use AIM on my Treo for example).
Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 13895

President of G.R.O.S.S.


View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 05:37:22 PM »

The battery on my is awful and has only gottten worse as I have owned it. The first generation razrs are not very good peices of equipment.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.204 seconds with 84 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.062s, 2q)