http://gamingtrend.com
August 23, 2014, 03:39:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most Anticipated Movies 2005  (Read 1625 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2005, 03:00:49 PM »

So what are you heavily anticipating this year?

Here are mine:

1) The Incredibles on DVD biggrin
2) Sin City
3) Revenge of the Sith
4) War of the Worlds
5) King Kong

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 03:16:36 PM »

Kingdom of Heaven comes to mind.

Batman Begins.

Appleseed and Wonderful Days / Sky Blue on DVD.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 03:28:31 PM »

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - will be interesting to see how long the movie is given how long the book is and the fact that it doesn't contain as much "fluff" that could be eliminated as Order of the Phoenix does outside of the early part of the book.  Way back when Sorceror's Stone was being made they had talked about doing two movies for Goblet of Fire, but it is for sure going to be one now and I expect it to be over 3 hours long.

2. Batman Begins - can Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale finally right the ship?

3. Sin City - this could really be great considering the creator of the series is co-directing with Robert Rodriguez

4. Revenge of the Sith - this is purely for entertainment factor.  I have a feeling this movie will be really good and everyone will be wondering exactly why the other two movies were made.  I just have that feeling on this one.

5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Adams wrote the screenplay before he died, this movie will probably not do well at the box office as it certainly fits into a niche market (i.e. people who have read it).

6. Chicken Little - purely for the fact that this will decide Disney's fate in the CGI movie genre.  If this movie does well it makes the loss of Pixar after "Cars" (June 2006) that much easier to swallow.  If it does not do well, you might see a Pixar/Disney deal happen very quickly.  I like the previews on this one, but I would hate for Disney to not re-up with Pixar...it would be a stupid move

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 04:34:50 PM »

Quicktime has a "preview" (more of a 2 minutes behind the scenes) for 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe', due Christmas this year.  It was a favorite book of mine as a kid but I was quite skeptical since I saw it as Disney snapping up a license to capitalize on the post LotR fantasy boom.

Which they are, make no mistake. But they apparently decided that the best way to capitalize on the LotR boom is by hiring WETA to do do TLtWatW the same way they did LotR-designing real swords and armor with cultural authenticity, attention to detail etc.

Now I'm very much looking forward to seeing it smile

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
vagabond
BANNED
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 05:53:24 PM »

Hitchhikers guide if done properly could be great. The book was awesome. Serenity the firefly the TV show movie should be awesome, particularly if you loved firefly. Those two and star wars are the only 3 I am absolutely going to go and see at the theatre.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 06:52:05 PM »

Star Wars and Batman off of the top of my head.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 06:59:04 PM »

Another one for Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 08:27:05 PM »

Serenity - the Firefly movie.  For those that haven't seen the TV series, rent it or buy it, you need to see it.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 09:27:11 PM »

SW EP III!!!!

Are there other movies coming out in 2005?

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 09:48:43 PM »

Star Wars
King Kong
Charlie & Chocolate Factory
Batman Begins
Serenity
Land of the Dead

These are just the ones I know of, I'm sure there will be some good foreign films and low budget horror movies that, IF I only knew were on the way, would make my list.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 09:49:22 PM »

Quote from: "Andrew Wonser"
Another one for Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe.

Same here... I hope they don't screw it up :/
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 10:43:52 PM »

I'm looking forward to many of those same movies.

Also, Bewitched.  Will Ferrell cracks me up.  It should be a funny movie.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2005, 10:46:05 PM »

In alphabetical order:

The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy - I've got high hopes that they've done the book justice.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith - The chemistry in the trailer is electric, and makes this one look like tons of fun.
Serenity - I'm one of the 12 people or so who watched Firefly when it aired on FOX, so this one is a given.
Sin City - Just reeks of coolness.
Unleashed - The plot is out of a straight-to-video flick, but it looks like the talent involved might lift it up to something memorable.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 11:25:09 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
So what are you heavily anticipating this year?

Here are mine:

1) The Incredibles on DVD biggrin
2) Sin City
3) Revenge of the Sith
4) War of the Worlds
5) King Kong

Yes.

Just add Batman Begins, and I'm right there with you.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
RobbieD
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 11:46:11 PM »

There's only a few movies that I truly want to see on the big screen and they are:

Harry Potter - One of those must-sees

The Brothers Grimm - Sounds like it could be interesting at least with Terry Gilliam directing

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory - I'm a little apprehensive on this one...I have fond early childhood memories of the original

The Wedding Crashers - Vaughn, Wilson and Walken...a guilty pleasure movie smile

Unleashed - Li is the man and I'm a sucker for martial arts movies...doesn't hurt that my wife enjoys them as well

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2005, 12:29:11 AM »

Quote from: "RobbieD"
The Brothers Grimm - Sounds like it could be interesting at least with Terry Gilliam directing

Is that finally going to come out?  New Gilliam is always on my must-see list.  I'd just kinda given up hope on this one.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2005, 01:09:01 AM »

Serenity.
O.DOGG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2005, 01:56:17 AM »

I'm only waiting for Sin City and possibly Batman Begins. Maybe I'll see Star Wars as well.

My smile still stays on.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2005, 08:57:29 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Quote from: "RobbieD"

Is that finally going to come out?  New Gilliam is always on my must-see list.  I'd just kinda given up hope on this one.

Pretty much all Gilliam films I've given up hope on until they open. He's such a polarizing figure for the marketers running Hollywood that nothing with him is guaranteed except that he'll make a unique, and likely very good, film. This perplexes them to no end for some reason.

When I can actually buy a ticket to the next Gilliam film, I'll get excited and not before. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2005, 12:47:25 AM »

Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire - Curious to see how the series turns this time in arguably the 2nd favorite book in the series.

Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglass Adams is hilarious, listened to the book on tape of this probably 3 times and can't wait to see it on the big screen.

Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe - With t e WETA people working on this (LOTR folk) I think it will turn out to be really great to look at and is of course a great story to begin with.

Batman Begins - Christian Bale is cool and the series is just asking to be rejuvinated, might be a bomb though.

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Depp and Burton, sold.  Though I am not sure how I feel about that first trailer, really wacky.

Sin City - Saw the trailers, looks really cool, don't know much else.

Star Wars - Well, not looking forward, but will definitely see it.  Vader.

War of the Worlds - Original WotW happened in my home town so I gotta see the movie.

Die Hard 4 - "Yippie Ki-Yay-MotherFu...."  This series is just bad ass.

Underworld: Evolution - Every additional time I see Underworld I enjoy it and I really look forward to seeing them tell more of the story.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: