http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 04:21:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More Star Wars Rumors: KOTOR Movie in the Works? No, sadly.  (Read 503 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15620


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« on: February 23, 2013, 03:55:51 PM »

This is a very rumory rumor, but according to this article, a guy from Bioware who worked on the scripts for both KOTOR and SWTOR (along with Jade Empire and the first two Mass Effects) left a short time ago to work on "screenwriting" and the rumor that he's doing a pass on a KOTOR film has been zipping through the halls at Bioware.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:06:02 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 16378



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »

Be interesting,i like Drew Karpyshyn,and he has done a lot of star wars books as well (all set in The Old Republic),i think he left Bioware just before Mass Effect 3 was released

It's funny i was quite devastated when he left Bioware,12 months later i am thinking it could of been one hell of a great decision,obviously if his screenwriting takes off


If there was a Knights of the Old Republic film happening,it would be this guy i would want doing it


I am just wondering if the 1000 years before A New Hope,actually feels like it on the big screen,because apart from the Swoop Bikes and a few other things that were a bit less basic,i never really felt that the games were set so long before the movies...50-100 years at a pinch perhaps(NOTE: not played 'The Old Republic')
Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 6617


Preaching to the choir


View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 05:25:09 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 23, 2013, 05:14:04 PM

I am just wondering if the 1000 years before A New Hope,actually feels like it on the big screen,because apart from the Swoop Bikes and a few other things that were a bit less basic,i never really felt that the games were set so long before the movies...50-100 years at a pinch perhaps(NOTE: not played 'The Old Republic')

Yup, that's the most stupid thing Bioware ever did with Star Wars. They basically fucked up the chronology because they were too afraid of deviating too much from what we've seen in the movies. Thanks to them, we now have a period of about 50 years where a lot of technological progress happened, followed by 4000 years of absolutely nothing (despite a large period of that being the most prosperous and peaceful time in the history of the Star Wars galaxy), and then the movies. They even deliberately contradicted earlier canon just in order to get things like Star Destroyers and TIE Fighters in there. Thanks Bioware! At least The Old Republic is so far down the canon ladder that it's just one step away from non-canon.
Logged
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 12521


GO UTES!!


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »

IMO, KOTOR was the best Star Wars experience since ESB.  I'd love to see a movie, if it was done well.
Logged

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Roguetad
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 2062


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 10:23:10 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on February 23, 2013, 06:10:52 PM

IMO, KOTOR was the best Star Wars experience since ESB.  I'd love to see a movie, if it was done well.
Agreed.  Most of Kotor2 was good too. 
Logged
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 15620


Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 04:05:01 PM »

And...dead:

Quote
FROM AICN
Drew Karpyshyn contacted me and let me know that he has heard nothing about a KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC movie.   Of course even if he was working on it, he couldn't say so - but I'm going to say this looks like a rumor that we can put to rest for now.   His old workmates at BIOWARE were hoping it was true, but there was more hope than reality to the rumor.   Consider this one shut down for now.  

I was really starting to warm to the idea, too.
Logged

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 16378



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 08:36:06 PM »

shame...but that's because its Star Wars Battlefront that is getting made,no fucking Hollywood stars,just a shit load of Rebels and a shitload of Stormtroopers for a 2 hr long battle for the movie Tongue
Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Offline Offline

Posts: 71766


La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 08:44:48 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on February 24, 2013, 08:36:06 PM

shame...but that's because its Star Wars Battlefront that is getting made,no fucking Hollywood stars,just a shit load of Rebels and a shitload of Stormtroopers for a 2 hr long battle for the movie Tongue

I heard that they were going to be busy adapting the Star Wars games from the SNES into films:  Super Star Wars, Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.  can't wait to see what WETA does with those invisible lizards and icy jellyfish!
Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 7930



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 12:46:12 AM »

As much as I enjoyed the Kotor game from Bioware, I didn't care for their treatment of the Old Republic era at all in that game or their MMO. I enjoyed the Dark Horse comics issues set in the OR much more - especially the Tales of the Jedi stories surrounding the characters Exar Kun, Ulic Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider. If they produce a movie set in the OR era, I'd much rather have it follow the events and settings in those stories, than anything Bioware did. I mean seriously, no characters in the Bioware games had anywhere near the depth or cool factor of those DH characters.

I don't mind Karpyshyn's novels, but like the Bioware games they seemed be a bit too much of a reskinning of the Rise of the Empire or Rebel era with an OR timeline.
Logged
TiLT
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Online Online

Posts: 6617


Preaching to the choir


View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:02 AM »

Quote from: kronovan on February 26, 2013, 12:46:12 AM

As much as I enjoyed the Kotor game from Bioware, I didn't care for their treatment of the Old Republic era at all in that game or their MMO. I enjoyed the Dark Horse comics issues set in the OR much more - especially the Tales of the Jedi stories surrounding the characters Exar Kun, Ulic Qel Droma and Nomi Sunrider. If they produce a movie set in the OR era, I'd much rather have it follow the events and settings in those stories, than anything Bioware did. I mean seriously, no characters in the Bioware games had anywhere near the depth or cool factor of those DH characters.

I don't mind Karpyshyn's novels, but like the Bioware games they seemed be a bit too much of a reskinning of the Rise of the Empire or Rebel era with an OR timeline.

Thank you! Those are my thoughts exactly.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 43 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.013s, 2q)