http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 10:30:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monty Python back for a new Show?  (Read 129 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:19:06 PM »

Looks like surviving members of Monty Python's Flying Circus are getting back together again,with a press conference to confirm/announce it this coming Thursday

Sky News
Surviving members John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin are expected to announce their plans at a news conference in London on Thursday.

The announcement follows months of secret talks about getting back together, according to reports.

A spokesman for the Pythons would not reveal whether the group planned to perform live, in a TV special or in a film.

But Terry Jones appears to have let the cat out of the bag by revealing what it is the Pythons are going to do.

"We're getting together and putting on a show - it's real," Jones told the BBC.

"I'm quite excited about it. I hope it makes us a lot of money. I hope to be able to pay off my mortgage!"

Idle added to the rumours on Monday when he tweeted: "Only three days to go till the Python press conference.

"Make sure Python fans are alerted to the big forthcoming news event."

His Tuesday tweet added: "Python meeting this morning. Can't wait. Press Conference Thursday will apparently be live on Sky News.  I'll get you the online URL."

Monty Python's Flying Circus was made for TV between 1969 and 1974, and the team's work famously includes the Dead Parrot and the Ministry of Silly Walks sketches.

The Pythons went on to make films including Monty Python And The Holy Grail and Monty Python's Life of Brian.

Independent's take on the same story

It’s the reunion which John Cleese once dismissed as “absolutely impossible”. But hatchets have been buried and grudges set aside as the surviving members of the ground-breaking comedy troupe confirmed that the Monty Python circus will fly once again.

Following months of secret talks, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin will announce their plans at a London press conference on Thursday.

The reunion, expected to involve a stage show and a television special, is the first time that the remaining members have worked together on a full-length project since The Meaning Of Life film in 1983.

Idle once joked: “We would only do a reunion if Chapman came back from the dead. So we're negotiating with his agent.”
icon_lol

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 08:53:22 PM »

sweet!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:46:42 PM »

of course, maybe they're announcing that they found a way to raise the dead.... paranoid

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: