http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 10:39:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mmmmm...good food indeed, have you guys been here?  (Read 1119 times)
Harpua3
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2005, 10:18:17 PM »

http://www.benihana.com/

Good stuff. We try and go about once a year(maybe a few more times than that). It`s so good tasting, but so bad for you with all the salt etc. Everything from watching some dude that barely speak english throw knives around and cook right infront of you, to eating the food is pure joy.  Anyone else here a big fan of this, or any other similar places?
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2005, 10:36:27 PM »

yep...i've been to Benihana before, and it is a pretty good restaurant (and kinda fun).  there are a lot of other "japanese steakhouses" around that do the same thing to prepare your food, and most i've been to have been pretty good as well.  

you ever seen a guy make a volcano out of an onion?  that's a pretty neat little grill trick Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2005, 11:47:43 PM »

They just opened one here in Phoenix, was thinking it'd make a good anniversary dinner.  What is the pricing like?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2005, 12:30:47 AM »

Been thinking about going to the Dallas/Ft. Worth Benihana.  I've found my own favorite hibachi style cooking place that I have been going to for 10 years out on the west side of Fort. Worth called Tokyo Steakhouse. Decent floor show, good food.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Yog-Sothoth
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2005, 08:05:38 AM »

And it's... Samurai Frycook!!!
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2005, 09:53:42 AM »

Never been to Benihana, but as for salt, I subscribe to the Alton Brown view that it really doesn't matter how much salt you eat short of actual salt poisoning as long as you drink a reasonable amount of water.

That's mainly because I've begun to worship Alton Brown as a god and will believe anything he writes or says, but that's a topic for another thread smile

There is actually a Benihana not too far from work, where I was about this >< close to going to once, but the parking sucks, so we bailed and went to another Japanese place (not a chain, you wouldn't know the name) two blocks away instead.  Someday!
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2005, 02:52:39 PM »

You could say I've been there.  Used to go on a regular (every couple weeks) basis and even proposed to my wife at the Benihana in Austin.  They're good food.

However, now that they're not the only game in town as far as hibachi dinner-theater goes we find ourselves rotating amongst them and their competitors.  Each one does things a little different, from the food to the show to the sushi menu to the price, so it's just a matter of finding which one you like the best.

To tell the truth, it's been a LONG time since we were impressed with the floor show at a Benihana.  Most of the cooks have been obviously disinterested for going on a couple years now.  If you're lookin' for a good show, Hidu in Houston (off 249 by the Willowbrook AMC) is pretty spiffy, as is Japon in DFW (Preston, south of Legacy).

If you're just lookin' for good food, most of any of 'em have that.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2005, 06:32:47 PM »

Yep!  Just went last night.  Awesome food.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 07:09:11 PM »

Prices damn you, tell me prices!
smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 12:50:48 PM »

So I took the wife to Bennihana on Saturday and we had a great time!  It was a lot of fun, but so was the conversation.  We sat with Charles Barkley!  I'm not a big basketball fan, but it was cool to meet a celeb.  He and his wife are pretty good people, he put up with a whole bunch of crap while we were trying to eat though.  The cook, the waitress, and 3 customers just HAD to interrupt his dinner to get a picture.  I hope they comped his cold food. :/

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: