http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 06:57:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Jackson has a heart attack  (Read 9147 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 12:11:26 AM »

Quote from: Caine on June 25, 2009, 09:57:58 PM

not only 3, but 3 in a week's time

crazy

how long before the bad jokes start?

just visit OO, they're full of them
warning

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 12:23:51 AM »

I understand at his funeral they are going to recite his favorite nursery rhyme Little Boy Blue.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 12:34:57 AM »

Michael Jackson gave me herpes.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 12:50:21 AM »

So sad.  icon_frown

PSN ID: EduardoX
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 12:54:12 AM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on June 26, 2009, 12:34:57 AM

Michael Jackson gave me herpes.

Really?  If you're going to make a tasteless joke can it at least be funny?

Arclight

Truth, is a person.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 01:05:13 AM »

This thread can only end badly.......

Grace: Unmerited favor.
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 01:08:48 AM »

Yeah the tasteless jokes really don't have a place here. Do that shit elsewhere.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »

Wikipedia sure is fast:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Jackson#Death

It's very sad, especially for his three kids. Though any father who dangles his infant child off a balcony like a stage prop for tabloid photographers isn't necessarily a poster boy for fatherhood (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2493513.stm).

I won't make any jokes. I think it's sad that he did his hormone treatments (or whatever, depending on what book or article you believe) to keep his falsetto voice than just grow up naturally, and see if he might have developed a great, deep voice in his 20s and 30s. It's kind of tragic nobody got to hear what "that" Michael Jackson might have sounded like. But it is hard to be a child performer, and then be confident that a changing voice won't lose your audience.

Although I went to college right in MJ's prime (Thriller, et al), the only album of his I truly liked was "Off the Wall":
http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/off-the-wall.html

"Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" and "Rock With You" were all over the radio dial back when I was an 8th grader. I'd actually like to hear some tracks from that but I imagine all my local stations are just going to play tracks from Thriller and Bad ad nauseam.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 01:37:04 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 03:06:31 AM »

I'm sad for his death and sad for the life he ended up leading. When I think of him though I think of Thriller and how he was the biggest star on the planet at that time, perhaps the biggest ever. He really was an amazing artist.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 03:22:46 AM »

man, this is surreal.  it's one of those things that comes out of the blue it makes you wonder if you're going to wake up tomorrow and find out it was just a dream.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2009, 04:03:41 AM »

I always felt he was a pedofile that was able to buy his way out of trouble. So you can probably guess what I think of his death.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2009, 05:20:44 AM »

Robot Chicken Michael Jackson

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2009, 05:48:06 AM »

Quote from: Toe on June 26, 2009, 04:03:41 AM

I always felt he was a pedofile that was able to buy his way out of trouble. So you can probably guess what I think of his death.

I lived in Santa Barbara and knew the family of the first kid he molested. There's no doubt that he was a pedophile and a weirdo. I don't have much sympathy for his passing.

The good news is that the media can focus on this for the next couple of weeks instead of having to follow boring old North Korea and Iran.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2009, 07:09:48 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on June 26, 2009, 05:48:06 AM

I lived in Santa Barbara and knew the family of the first kid he molested. There's no doubt that he was a pedophile and a weirdo. I don't have much sympathy for his passing.

The good news is that the media can focus on this for the next couple of weeks instead of having to follow boring old North Korea and Iran.

Did you see it happen?  No?  I mean, I'm sure the family probably told you some fucked up things, but I work in insurance and deal with a lot of liars that will say anything when they get a nose for money.  Not calling you or the family of the boy liars, but he was never convicted.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:32 AM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on June 26, 2009, 07:09:48 AM

Did you see it happen?  No?  I mean, I'm sure the family probably told you some fucked up things, but I work in insurance and deal with a lot of liars that will say anything when they get a nose for money.  Not calling you or the family of the boy liars, but he was never convicted.

That's always been my position too.  Innocent until proven guilty.  I prefer instead to focus on what a musical genius he was.  The man recorded some of the most incredible pop music I've ever heard, and I'd give anything to be able to dance like that too.  icon_cool

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2009, 09:12:04 AM »

agreed,i know all that will be half the highlight of his death,but he was one of those performers that when you see some of the things he sang,...you kinda say oh i forgot he did that,so it isn't just the most popular songs all the time

Dancing Machine,Blame it on the Boogie,Enjoy Yourself,Farewell my summer love,One day in your life,State of Shock(with Mick Jagger),Can you feel it,Shake your body(down to the ground),Torture,maybe tomorrow(one of my favourites),looking through the windows...there are just too many,and didnt he also write the charity single we are the world?

i also heard I'll be there,Aint no sunshine,never can say goodbye by The Jacksons first,and because of that i have always liked those versions the best

i loved Michael Jackson and had all his stuff(including a lot of The Jacksons),until about 1990,when i discovered The Beatles..and that was it then

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2009, 09:51:26 AM »

I feel no sympathy for his passing.  I grew up listening to his music and understand the legacy he left behind, but were he not Michael Jackson, the majority of the people now mourning his passing would agree that it was just one less pedophile to mess with kids.  Innocent until proven guilty unless you can buy your way out of trouble.

I'm not knocking on anyone else's opinion on the subject matter, just putting my $.02
warning

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2009, 11:41:36 AM »

Neither was OJ.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »

Love his music.

Know next to nothing about the rest.

Rest in Peace, King of Pop.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009, 12:29:16 PM »

I don't think there's any doubt that he did weird stuff with children. He admitted to sleeping with boys (in the same bed). I think that's really odd. He also made some totally bizarre decisions about having his own children, including dangling his baby out of a high-rise window.

But, person aside, I loved his music, and it pretty much defined my childhood. I am sad about his passing, without any doubts that he was a weirdo.

PSN ID: EduardoX
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »

I'm very sad at the news of Michael Jackson's death. I've always felt that his father, an abusive creep in the mold of Ike Turner but for kids, really fucked him up. I never believed the allegations lobbed at him by money-grubbers and the scandal-obsessed media. These were people out for a big check and they held his entire public image hostage. Those kids who both knew him and were in no need of his financial resources -- celebrity kids, mostly -- always stood by him on these allegations. I don't think Michael Jackson ever grew up -- or as a grown up he tried to live the childhood his asshole father had denied him, and that incongruent behavior made him incredibly weird and an incredibly easy target.

Between his fame, his medical problems and his parents, he never had a chance at normality, and it showed in his inability to present himself in a manner to which normal people could relate. And people have no sympathy for someone to whom they can't relate.

I hope people in the next life treat Michael Jackson better than people in this life did.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2009, 02:05:52 PM »

Quote from: warning on June 26, 2009, 11:41:36 AM

Neither was OJ.
so everyone else is guilty as well??? I hope I never get wrongly accused then...

Anyways - the one thing we all DO know, is that he's been a major influence on modern day pop music, and was one of those people who has more or less always been there for a lot of us... I loved some of his music, and enjoyed most of it actually...

Whatever he may or may not have done, I feel sorry for those left behind, and the mess the media is going to throw at them the next month or so....

A new one
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2009, 02:12:48 PM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on June 26, 2009, 02:03:04 PM

And people have no sympathy for someone to whom they can't relate.

No, at least not in my case.  I have no sympathy for Michael Jackson because of what I believe he did to those children.  Had he not carried on with them as he did, then I would be as saddened as the next person because outside of that, he was the king of pop.

But the way he behaved with children was completely inappropriate and, in my opinion, unforgivable.  That's why I feel no sympathy for him.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2009, 02:39:09 PM »

I agree.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2009, 02:40:37 PM »

Neither was O.J. Simpson, but I still think he killed Nicole Simpson and Ronald Goldman.....just sayin'.

Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2009, 02:51:01 PM »

wow - I'm amazed at how people can get to hate a person, based on public opinion... I guess none of you participated in the police investigation, or the trials? If you did, you have acces to more and I can understand the opinion, but if not...just wow...

A new one
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2009, 02:54:29 PM »

I trust Moliere's story more than I trust Michael Jackson's.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2009, 02:55:07 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 26, 2009, 02:51:01 PM

wow - I'm amazed at how people can get to hate a person, based on public opinion... I guess none of you participated in the police investigation, or the trials? If you did, you have acces to more and I can understand the opinion, but if not...just wow...

Are we not allowed to have an opinion of the man? The case was laid out, he admitted to some creepy things, and like often happens with celebrities, he got off (no pun intended). I'm not here to damn him necessarily, but I don't believe he should be canonized either. I just personally, and you might disagree, have a hard time feeling bad about him passing (outside of feeling sad for him family of course) because of my belief that he was a person who abused kids.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2009, 02:56:12 PM »

It's strange-I don't particularly care for Michael Jackson's music although the Bad album was the only record we had when we were kids other than our parents' old records from the 70's.  However while in life he never meant much to me, in death he seems like so much more.  He's iconic.  I feel like a part of my youth has somehow broken off and gone down the drain.  Kind of sad.

That said, any guesses as to the cause of death?  I realize it was a heart attack but I'm referring to the REAL cause of death.  Too much dependence on  prescription drugs perhaps?  Lack of sleep?
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2009, 02:56:22 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on June 26, 2009, 02:54:29 PM

a wild stab here...you didnt hear Moliere's story before now, and had your opinion formed before that, right?

anyways, Ill butt out of this thread by now, since I find it really sad

A new one
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2009, 03:03:25 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on June 26, 2009, 02:56:12 PM

It's strange-I don't particularly care for Michael Jackson's music although the Bad album was the only record we had when we were kids other than our parents' old records from the 70's.  However while in life he never meant much to me, in death he seems like so much more.  He's iconic.  I feel like a part of my youth has somehow broken off and gone down the drain.  Kind of sad.

That said, any guesses as to the cause of death?  I realize it was a heart attack but I'm referring to the REAL cause of death.  Too much dependence on  prescription drugs perhaps?  Lack of sleep?

A report I read said that he took a potent dose of Demerol and after that his breathing slowed dramatically, then finally stopped.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 26, 2009, 02:56:22 PM

a wild stab here...you didnt hear Moliere's story before now, and had your opinion formed before that, right?

Why would Moliere lie? Just curious.

Huw the Poo

Please feed dog

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2009, 03:05:53 PM »

Not everyone believes Jackson was a child molester.

In other news....You know what I do when someone dies who I didn't like or didn't know?  I stay the fuck out of the thread.  Just sayin'.

Resident anti-Steam troll
Steam profile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »

Quote from: jblank on June 26, 2009, 03:04:19 PM

bah, cant stay out :-D

anyways, never said he lied...never even said the family did...just that WP's opinion was formed before Moliere's story.  But I dont know Moliere, and I DONT know the family, so its just what..4th hand information passed on through a message board for me at this point

A new one
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2009, 03:09:18 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 26, 2009, 03:05:53 PM

Not everyone believes Jackson was a child molester.

In other news....You know what I do when someone dies who I didn't like or didn't know?  I stay the fuck out of the thread.  Just sayin'.

Wow, that's some really unnecessary vitriole there. I wasn't aware it was a violation to post an opinion of someone anymore, whether they be living or dead. I don't think anything anyone said in here, including me, crossed any line. Nobody I see is making fun of him or mocking him or his family, in any way.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 26, 2009, 03:06:16 PM

Quote from: jblank on June 26, 2009, 03:04:19 PM

bah, cant stay out :-D

anyways, never said he lied...never even said the family did...just that WP's opinion was formed before Moliere's story.  But I dont know Moliere, and I DONT know the family, so its just what..4th hand information passed on through a message board for me at this point

Good point, but is the information that made you believe Jackson is a good upstanding citizen any closer to the information Moliere presented? Obviously the District Attorney there in LA County believed the evidence to be sufficient, and the story to be true and based on that, (and a lot of Jackson's own words) many people believe Jackson to have a criminal.

Like I said, I'm not posting here to damn him, but this is something a lot of people think taints his legacy and is worth talking about.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2009, 03:15:08 PM »

As someone with next to no knowledge of the other activities of Michael Jackson; I'm curious:

I'm guessing you guys who feel strongly that he was a child molestor have a reason for feeling that way.  Are the accusations against him based on some pretty hard facts that were swept under the rug due to his status?  I feel kind of lame that I don't know more about it, actually.  

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »

Quote from: Huw the Poo on June 26, 2009, 03:05:53 PM

Didn't we have this conversation already?

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »

locked??

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2009, 03:21:40 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on June 26, 2009, 03:15:08 PM

Are the accusations against him based on some pretty hard facts that were swept under the rug due to his status?

Yes, though I am only referring to the first case with Jordie Chandler. I don't know anything about the case that actually went to trial other than what was reported.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: