http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 03:46:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael J Fox to return to TV  (Read 367 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2012, 05:52:00 PM »

Sky News

Well this is great news

Actor Michael J Fox is set to return to the small screen with a new comedy series based on his own life as a family man battling Parkinson's disease.

The 51-year-old stars in the show, which has not yet been named, and broadcaster NBC has ordered 22 episodes up front.

It is a return to acting for Fox, who stepped away from films and TV to run a foundation he formed to combat Parkinson's.

He was diagnosed with his illness in 1991 and made it public in 1998.

It is thought the show will feature a husband and father-of-three from New York who is dealing with family, career and challenges, and most specifically to Fox, his battle with Parkinsonís disease.

Filming for the show will start this year, with episodes scheduled to air around September 2013.

Fox first won stardom for his work as Alex Keaton on the hit comedy Family Ties, which began its seven-season run on NBC in 1982.

The world famous actor has also starred in many film classics, including Teen Wolf, Back to the Future, Doc Hollywood, Bright Lights, Big City and Casualties of War.

In 1996, he starred in the ABC comedy Spin City as the deputy mayor of New York, but left the role in 2000 to dedicate more time to raising the awareness of Parkinsonís disease and finding a cure through the Michael J Fox Foundation.

Fox has since appeared intermittently on TV shows including Scrubs and Boston Legal.

He has also written best-selling books, including Lucky Man: A Memoir and Always Looking Up: The Adventures of an Incurable Optimist.

Fox brings a well-known name to NBC, which is rebuilding its prime-time programming.

"We are thrilled that one of the great comedic television stars is coming home again," Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement.

When asked about the upcoming series Fox said he was "extremely pleased" to be making a full-time return to a series.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 06:07:47 PM »

I loves me some Fox.  The guy was ridiculously good during his brief run on Rescue Me, and he showed he could still do comedy to perfection when he had a reoccurring role on Scrubs a while back.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 06:16:49 PM »

Looking forward to this.  Not many people can make such a condition work flawlessly with their career.  Loved this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI4lFjWoFqc
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:43:49 PM »

He has been excellent on The Good Wife the past two seasons.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 01:12:39 AM »

It is thought the show will feature a husband and father-of-three from New York who is dealing with family, career and challenges, and most specifically to Fox, his battle with Parkinsonís disease.

that bit sounds like it would lend itself better to a drama.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 02:20:08 AM »

Yeah, it sounds like a shaky premise.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 02:03:02 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on August 22, 2012, 02:20:08 AM

Yeah, it sounds like a shaky premise.

icon_lol

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: