http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:21:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mermaids spotted....'Splash' Fantasies can continue!!  (Read 807 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2009, 05:41:41 PM »

Sky news -  Mermaid spotted

Israel is in the grips of mermaid fever after numerous sightings of the mythical sea creature off its coast

One town council is taking the reports so seriously it is offering a $1m (£609,000) reward to anyone who can prove the existence of a mermaid in its waters.

like Scotlands Loch Ness Monster...this will no doubt draw in the crowds

it made me laugh when i saw the article was by 'Dominic Waghorn, Middle East correspondent'

Sky-what have you got for us Dominic?
Dominic-Mermaids in Israel
Sky-oh F.F.S

other Hoaxes(and yes i am calling it that)with mermaids(from Wiki)
During the Renaissance and Baroque eras, dugongs, frauds and victims of sirenomelia were exhibited in wunderkammers as mermaids.

In the 19th century, P. T. Barnum displayed in his museum a taxidermal hoax called the Fiji mermaid.

Others have perpetrated similar hoaxes, which are usually papier-m‚chť fabrications or parts of deceased creatures, usually monkeys and fish, stitched together for the appearance of a grotesque mermaid.

In the wake of the 2004 tsunami, pictures of Fiji "mermaids" circulated on the Internet as supposed examples of items that had washed up amid the devastation, though they were no more real than Barnum's exhibit.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 07:01:58 PM »

Given how vast the ocean is I think itís possible that something like a humanoid mermaid could exist.  That said I think the chances that said creature would be even remotely attractive to humans is highly unlikely.  Things that live in the ocean tend to be scaly, fat, deadly and/or smell bad.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 07:22:38 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on August 11, 2009, 07:01:58 PM

Given how vast the ocean is I think itís possible that something like a humanoid mermaid could exist.  That said I think the chances that said creature would be even remotely attractive to humans is highly unlikely.  Things that live in the ocean tend to be scaly, fat, deadly and/or smell bad.

I know I'm stating the obvious, but why is that any different than most land dwellers?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 11, 2009, 07:22:38 PM

I know I'm stating the obvious, but why is that any different than most land dwellers?

Are you Scaly, Hepc? :-D

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2009, 07:24:18 PM

I'd say he's talking about the French except for the deadly part.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »

I now have the little mermaid song stuck in my head.  You should, too.

UNDA THA SEE!
unda the see

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 07:56:06 PM »

The condition is called Ichthyosis and it's how I make my money at county fairs.  Thanks for making fun of it.  I thought Danes were supposed to be nice people?

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 08:05:11 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 11, 2009, 07:56:06 PM

The condition is called Ichthyosis and it's how I make my money at county fairs.  Thanks for making fun of it.  I thought Danes were supposed to be nice people?

Thats not Danes, thats Fairies...

oh, and I think I actually saw you once then! Do you dance the Jig?

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 11, 2009, 08:05:11 PM

Quote from: hepcat on August 11, 2009, 07:56:06 PM

Thats not Danes, thats Fairies...

oh, and I think I actually saw you once then! Do you dance the Jig?

I was writhing in pain as you and your friends threw rocks at me, but I suppose if it helps you sleep better at night, you could pretend i was dancing.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 12:50:33 AM »

Quote from: kadnod on August 11, 2009, 07:39:57 PM

I now have the little mermaid song stuck in my head.  You should, too.

UNDA THA SEE!
unda the see

ahh i forgot about that mermaid

i think a Whale is having sex with her here..

old joke-they say that 90% of Whales sperm goes into the ocean while it has sex,and that's why the sea is salty icon_lol

'sea' below disgust

don't click if easily offended/disgusted/outright pissed off with everything in the world
Spoiler for Hiden:
OH MY GOD!!!!

FW: Don't drink the sea water... read below first....

The average blue whale produces over 400 gallons of sperm when it ejaculates, but only 10% of that actually makes it into his mate. So 360 gallons are spilled into the ocean every time one unloads, and you wonder why the ocean is so salty...

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 12:51:23 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: