http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 04:28:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Phase 3 Updates  (Read 381 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »

Perhaps we should just have a 'All things Marvel related' thread

Inside Movies has Kevin Feige updates on characters considered for Phase 3
Phase Two begins with Iron Man 3, and will build to Avengers 2 in 2015, with Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Thor: The Dark World, and Guardians of the Galaxy in between.

Right now the only definite project being planned for Phase Three is Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man, which has been in development since 2006 but will finally come to the screen in November 2015 — just a few months after Avengers 2.
“I’d say 99 percent of our time right now is purely spent on Phase Two,” Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige told EW. “It’s five colossally giant motion pictures that we have to produce. So that’s taking up the time. But within the next year or so we’ll start the advanced planning for post-Avengers 2.”

Its 10 pages long,so here are the characters mentioned,and I have quoted what i think is the best of what is said,but there is a bit more in the links on each of them

• Ant-Man
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/2/
Once director and co-writer Edgar Wright wraps this summer’s apocalyptic pub-crawl comedy The World’s End (out Aug. 23), he will begin work in earnest on bringing Marvel’s teeny-tiny ass-kicker to the big screen.
Although they haven’t cast the lead role yet, the project is now the only definite part of Marvel’s Phase Three. “I’ve learned a lot in the last five years, and now I’m ready to do something big and crazy,” Wright says. “Or, I should say, small.”

• Doctor Strange
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/3/
Screenwriters Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer (Conan the Barbarian reboot, Sahara) penned a script for the studio a few years ago, although there’s no telling whether it will be used, refined, or replaced. When the Marvel brain trust begins laying out plans, expect a new version of Strange to be a top priority.

“I would love Strange to be a part of that only because he’s a great character. He’s a great standalone character,” Feige emphasizes. “He’s got a great origin story, for the most part. And that world of pure magic, we haven’t done yet. There’s a whole supernatural/magic alternate dimension going on in the Marvel comics that we haven’t ever touched on. So I think that’s exciting.”

• Iron Man 4
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/4/
Feige says Marvel Studios is talking with Downey about if and when he could reprise the character. But if it doesn’t happen, we could find ourselves with a reboot. It has happened before, though rarely with a character so singularly identified with one actor.
“I believe there will be a fourth Iron Man film and a fifth and a sixth and a 10th and a 20th,” the producer says. “I see no reason why Tony Stark can’t be as evergreen as James Bond. Or Batman for that matter. Or Spider-Man. I think Iron Man is a character just like that.”

• Black Panther
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/5/
If we do end up seeing an adaptation of Black Panther, he could be introduced to general audiences through a supporting role in one of the other movies or the ABC series — just as he was in the comics, debuting in an issue of Fantastic Four.
Marvel just says everything is speculation at this point. Right now, those rumblings you hear are just evidence of the passion for this character — internally as much as from outside.

• Daredevil, The Punisher, Blade, Ghost Rider
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/6/
Every now and then, one of the characters Marvel previously licensed to another studio returns to the fold. Unfortunately, it’s usually because the studio let the property lapse due to fan disinterest.
So Marvel Studios hasn’t been particularly eager to hustle more of these battered titles back into production.
Sorry.
“So Punisher, Ghost Rider, … Blade, all those characters are back,” Feige told EW. “They all have potential, but I think we need to find the right time.”

In other words, don’t look at any of these as a priority for Phase Three.

• Hulk
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/7/
Rumors that a live-action version of the Planet Hulk comics series, in which the green monster is banished to an alien world, are completely false, Marvel execs insist. “What we’re excited about exploring and expanding is Mark — and Banner’s not in Planet Hulk at all,” Feige says. “The fun of the Hulk is his interaction with humans.”
There’s no script for a solo Hulk movie in the works just yet, but Feige says: “Mark could stand in his own movie. … We’re talking about it. We’re excited to sit down and go, ‘What is a stand-alone Hulk movie?’”

• Inhumans
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/8/
“Inhumans is cool, they’re really great characters,” he said in a recent interview, getting more animated about this title than almost any other he discussed. “The most powerful guy is the king who doesn’t say a word and if he does — lookout. That’s awesome. And the notion of the Terrigen Mists, this notion that you go through and don’t know what you’re going to be on the other side, is incredibly compelling dramatically.”
Sound a little bizarre and out-of-the-mainstream? Maybe. But Guardians of the Galaxy, with its rocket-launching raccoon, walking-warrior tree, and other assorted misfit heroes, could clear a path for further exploration of the Marvel galaxy when it comes out in August 2014.
“In other words, all the craziness that comes with Inhumans, we’ve done in the other movies already,” Feige says. “But this would have some of the social drama that we haven’t really done yet. [Fox’s] X-Men, obviously, has been touching on that stuff for a while.”

• Runaways
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/9/
There’s still a remote possibility of a movie, especially since Joss Whedon — Marvel maestro extraordinaire — is a fan of the series and wrote an arc for the comic books a few years ago. Maybe when his Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Avengers 2 slate is clear …?
As for what the studio boss says about the future for a Runaways movie? Feige shrugs apologetically. “I’d love to do it someday,” he says.

• Marvel Zombies
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/10/
Predictably, Feige just shook his head. “I know… Zombies is such a funny thing because its such a cool comic and it’s such a cool idea, but the bigger profile becomes what starts to happen [with fans]” he said.
Specifically, why spend years building the Marvel Cinematic Universe only to destroy it with a gruesome joke. The concept of alternate universes isn’t one that works as easily in such a meticulously constructed film world. (Also, many of the characters — such as Zombie Wolverine, above — are licensed to other studios.)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 12:49:20 PM »

Doctor Strange?  Hell yeah!  But as I've said before, you gotta keep the cape!   icon_biggrin

Black Panther?  Another hell yeah...as long as they keep him the king of Wakanda and don't pander to the youth market by "urbanizing" him like Hollywood seems to like to do with African American heroes.  T'Challa needs to be a role model for kids, so he has to be Superman like in his sense of morality and justice.  Plus, he's one giant bad ass.

Inhumans?  A giant hell yeah.  Give me a big screen Triton!  

Ghost Rider?  I'm not sure the damage done to the character by Nicholas Cage can be undone, unfortunately.  One of my favorite comic characters growing up was Ghost Rider so this is even more disappointing.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:51:46 PM by hepcat » Logged

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »

• Iron Man 4
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/17/marvel-phase-3/4/
Feige says Marvel Studios is talking with Downey about if and when he could reprise the character. But if it doesn’t happen, we could find ourselves with a reboot. It has happened before, though rarely with a character so singularly identified with one actor.
“I believe there will be a fourth Iron Man film and a fifth and a sixth and a 10th and a 20th,” the producer says. “I see no reason why Tony Stark can’t be as evergreen as James Bond. Or Batman for that matter. Or Spider-Man. I think Iron Man is a character just like that.”

That sounds terrible.  The Iron Man movies are fun but they are carried entirely by the charisma of Downey.  I doubt I would have any interest in seeing the movie with a different actor in the role.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 04:16:47 PM »

If they make a fourth without Downey, I hope they don't reboot it.  Just continue on with the new lead a la James Bond.  I'm getting tired of seeing origin stories over and over and over again due to new lead actors stepping into a role.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 04:23:30 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 21, 2013, 04:16:47 PM

If they make a fourth without Downey, I hope they don't reboot it.  Just continue on with the new lead a la James Bond.  I'm getting tired of seeing origin stories over and over and over again due to new lead actors stepping into a role.

agreed,that quote he puts James Bond with Spidey,which isn't right,and the first lot of Batman films yeah(started with Keaton,ended with Clooney),but not the last versions as they were a reboot

I can't think of anybody who could replace RDJ...but then again i am trying to think of actors with goaties,and that's not needed(they can just put that on whoever they choose)

I am still hoping that Spidey can somehow make an appearance somewhere(SONY Vs Disney be damned),we had that picture of Andrew Garfield with all those Avengers comics under his arm

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 04:50:43 PM »

I don't think they can reboot IM since everything is linked now.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 12:54:32 PM »

This is interesting..

Quicksilver is heading to X-Men:Days of Future Past AND Avengers 2?

Its not nice seeing two Marvel films against each other
The character of Quicksilver is set for X-Men: Days Of Future Past and The Avengers 2

Now this is a new one. A week or two ago, it came to light that the character of Quicksilver was on Joss Whedon's radar for inclusion in his upcoming The Avengers 2. Since then, he's confirmed the news, even though the role thus far remains uncast.

However, news has now broken that the Marvel character has also been snagged by Bryan Singer for his now-in-production X-Men: Days Of Future Past. It means that the same character will turn up in two entirely independent films, a year apart. That the news has broken now, following Joss Whedon's confirmation of Quicksilver for The Avengers 2, looks slightly odd, but then we'd hardly imagine that Singer has just rewritten his film to get on Marvel's nerves.

That said, Marvel is unlikely to be best pleased. Reports suggest that this is not a union of the X-Men and The Avengers franchises, and, according to Hitfix, "if either of them could get the other to back off, they would". The report adds that "what we're going to see is a legally-negotiated stand-off in which we'll get two totally different versions of one character".

Marvel Studios' president Kevin Feige, however, told SuperHeroHype that "they can use [the characters] as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with The Avengers", citing "a specific arrangement" in place for the characters.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past will use the character in one sequence, and Bryan Singer has cast Evan Peters, of American Horror Story fame, in the film. Quicksilver is, of course, the son of Magneto, going by the name of Pietro Maximoff. We wait and see with interest how both films approach the character.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 09:36:46 AM »

Stan Lee lets it slip
Den Of Geek

With Marvel having long since locked down the movies that would make up its Phase Two collection of features (Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians Of The Galaxy and The Avengers 3), speculation has been growing as to which features would make up Phase Three. This has been fuelled by Disney and Marvel announcing release dates through until 2017, even though it's not confirmed the exact films that would be arriving on said dates.

The only Phase Three projects that are confirmed thus far are Edgar Wright's Ant-Man and also The Avengers 3. But has Stan Lee, chatting at Wizard World Comic Con in New York over the weekend, let slip one or two others.

Chatting about what films Marvel is planning next, Lee did confirm that "I'm not involved in those decisions anymore". He did say that the people who are making the decisions are fans of the stories "just like you", and then added that "So they're working on Ant-Man, working on Doctor Strange; they're working on Guardians Of The Galaxy; they're working on god knows what. Did I say the Black Panther also? They're the ones I know about, and they're working on others that I don't know about, and shame on them for not telling me".

Doctor Strange is a passion project for Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige, and it's expected that it'll be announced at the upcoming San Diego Comic Con that it's on the Marvel roster. Black Panther has been rumoured for some time, but plans had seemed less concrete. Maybe that's not the case now though.

If Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and Black Panther do take up slots in Phase Three, then it does suggest that further sequels to Thor and Captain America, and a sequel to Guardians Of The Galaxy, may have to fight it out in the queue (even if Marvel keeps its two movies a year production rate up).

There was also this last week
Vin Diesel and Marvel meeting

Vin Diesel has revealed he is to attend a mysterious meeting with Marvel.

The actor shared the news on his Facebook wall yesterday (June 26), posting: "Marvel has requested a meeting... no idea what for... haha, you probably know better than me..."

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 02:14:59 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I love Ant-Man, Black Panther and especially Doctor Strange, but with GotG, this seems like a decidedly, shall we say, quirky line up.  I would maybe space these things out a little more.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 07:26:57 PM »

agree completely (it is possible slywink

Go Gunners...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: