http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 02:48:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Animated Shows  (Read 329 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:57:29 PM »

It's fair to say i have the Marvel buzz on right now

I started to TiVo the various Marvel Animated series on Disney XD channel,however they are all over the show and i only watch an episode when it's the next episode i need to watch(ie i watch the first 4 episodes,record episode 6,7 and 8 but wont watch them until i have episode 5..which could be shown the week after),this is because i have come to these shows a little late,so i have to try and catch repeats
And that means i haven't actually started The Avengers or Iron Man yet

Iron Man:Animated Adventures-Not started this yet,just been recording them,the animation is really impressive from what i have seen,unfortunately there are only two seasons,as this was cancelled a few months back with Disney expressing that a new Iron Man animated show will start in 2013,probably to coincide with Iron Man 3

The Avengers:Earths Mightiest Heroes!-This is good for me because it teaches me a lot about a lot of heroes that i don't know about,again after 2 seasons this will be replaced by Avengers Assemble cartoon in 2013 that will carry on the story..however there is a micro series of this that was out before the two main series...so some of my episode listing is series 1 episode 46 when 52 episodes were made of the full 2 series(26 for each series)..so i am going to have to sort them out before watching

The new Avengers Assemble series will be more in tone with the Movie

Ultimate Spider-Man-I have really been enjoying this series,i have actually been laughing out loud as well(which apparently hasn't been going down to well with some reviewers,...not my laughing,i mean one saying it has Family Guy style cut away's that they don't like),only 1 season at the moment with season 2 currently in production..Stan Lee makes a lot of cameo's as the school janitor.
Spidey joins a team of 4 other teenage superheroes with the help of Nick Fury and Agent Coulson(who is undercover as the Schools Principle)

In 2013 Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. starts in the Summer on Disney XD,which again will be good for me to learn the HULK universe,that the 70s TV series didn't cover icon_wink

there is also a new untitled X-Men Animated show in the works,but it is apparently TBA

So is anybody else watching any of these?,i know they are on the Disney Channel,but hey,if Star Wars The Clone Wars was not so far in right now on Cartoon Network,i would be watching those as well
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:00:01 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:16 PM »

The only one i've seen so far is the Avengers series.  It was actually really good.  Marvel can't hold a candle to even the worst of the DC Animated movies and series, but at least Avengers tried to make it less kiddy than normal.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:34:19 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 25, 2012, 04:08:16 PM

The only one i've seen so far is the Avengers series.  It was actually really good.  Marvel can't hold a candle to even the worst of the DC Animated movies and series, but at least Avengers tried to make it less kiddy than normal.

Oh,really?,i have only seen a few Batman Animated,not seen any others from DC that i can think of

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:40:24 PM »

+1 to Avengers, can't wait for season 2 to come to Netflix.  other than that I've been avoiding Marvel cartoons in general since they never seem to last if I like them, like Wolverine and the X-Men or Spider-Man: The New Animated Series.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 25, 2012, 04:34:19 PM

Quote from: hepcat on October 25, 2012, 04:08:16 PM

Oh,really?,i have only seen a few Batman Animated,not seen any others from DC that i can think of

You are missing some of the finest, most well written comic book adaptations around.  Watching Superman thank Darkseid for invading earth because up until then, Supes felt like he was living in a world made of cardboard, afraid to touch anyone because he might hurt them, then laying into him was one of the many highlights of the Justice League series.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 02:15:29 AM »

Re:DC animated  - the end of the Justic League series that tied up Batman Beyond was good too.

"You know, Bruce, you're not always RIGHT!"

The Marvel Animated I've seen are good, even going back to the X-Men series in the (80s? 90s?), the Dini-Timverse of the DC animated stuff (B:TAS, S:TAS, BBeyond, JLA/JL-Unlimited) was just so good.  Even the newer Direct to DVD movies.  That's why I shake my head in disbelief at the Live Action DC stuff.

Edited to say: Now I want to go get a DVD of Mask of the Phantasm!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Batman Beyond, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited were great.  I have all 3 sets of Superman the Animated Series but haven't watched them yet.  Batman the Animated Series... well... I tried watching it on DVD and couldn't get back into it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2012, 08:48:20 PM »

Batman: TAS is more grounded in reality up until nearly the end. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: