http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 04:02:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marcus Vick and how dumb can he be  (Read 1081 times)
Soulchilde
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

So a few days after getting dismissed from the VT  he decides to pull a gun and get arrested

The guys has incradible talent like his brother, but will probably end up another Maurice Clarett.  Some team will take a chance on him in the draft but he is most likely going late 2nd for sure now

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

I heard this on the radio; pulling a gun on a couple 17 year olds when you are 21?  I hope this bum doesn't get picked up by any team.

At least Maurice Clarett was cut after being drafted -- did anyone end up keeping him?

(Still annoyed that Eli Manning made the NFL after the whiney punk said "I don't wanna go to San Diego")

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 05:46:55 PM »

Quote from: "JLu"
I heard this on the radio; pulling a gun on a couple 17 year olds when you are 21?  I hope this bum doesn't get picked up by any team.

At least Maurice Clarett was cut after being drafted -- did anyone end up keeping him?

(Still annoyed that Eli Manning made the NFL after the whiney punk said "I don't wanna go to San Diego")

Well, Eli Manning pulled a John Elway.  Elway was originally drafted by the Baltimore Colts and cried about it til he got traded to the Broncos and the rest is history

Nope, Clarett is not on any team. Last I heard he is going to try for NFL Europe

NiM$
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 05:57:43 PM »

I hate Elway too, but hated him before I had heard the little "I won't play there" story.

I think for the league minimum (nevermind what he'd end up getting), I'd happily put aside my hatred of the Raiders and the Jets and play for either team.  Now, the fact I have no athletic ability prevents that, but...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 06:51:06 PM »

Someone will take a chance on vick. He'll go in the second day of the draft I bet and the only teams that would take him are teams with strong dominating head coaches, someone like Parcells. He pretty well straightened out Keyshawn.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 07:57:12 PM »

If he goes it'll be 7th or 8th round...

I think a lot of teams mightconsider bringing him in via free agency, but it's hard for quarterbacks to get around the problems he has shown he has.  Imagine bringing in a guy like TO to RUN your team...

not happening, heh

Although the more I think about it, the more I thinkj Dallas, who will be neeing a 2nd or third stringer might pick him up.   Parcells loves a challenge.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 08:53:57 PM »

Yeah, VIck the younger has really turned out to be a huge douchebag.
SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 09:02:42 PM »

I can see a team taking him on as a project.  Make him a WR, QB for trick plays.

Just Hiro will do.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 09:18:09 PM »

3 words for Vick in the draft:

Just Win Baby!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 09:23:13 PM »

Quote from: "Devil"
3 words for Vick in the draft:

Just Win Baby!!

Al Davis would take this guy, but it will be deep in the draft.

NiM$
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2006, 11:08:17 PM »

What about Atlanta taking him?  He's already spent a year traveling with them for a season.  Mike would presumably be there to help keep his younger bro in check, and to help mentor him.  If Mike were to go out with an injury, they'd have a back-up that potentially would play somewhat similar to Mike.  I would imagine the peer pressure from Mike, especially if he put himself out there to take care of him, would be tremendous.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2006, 11:18:59 PM »

I think there will be a team to take a chance on him.

The downside for him is that unlike another position(such as RB), QB is about more than talent.  You need smarts AND motivation in equal doses. This Vick has neither from what I've seen.

Maybe the Ricky Williams's of the world can act goofy and come back and perform, but not quarterbacks.  If he isn't ready to jump in with both feet and get serious, he won't even last as long as Clarett.  I'm thinking he's going the way of the Todd Marinovichs and Ryan Leafs of this world.  Man, to throw away millions of dollars and the chance to play in the NFL...incredible.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 11:25:40 PM »

Quote from: "Roguetad"
What about Atlanta taking him?  He's already spent a year traveling with them for a season.  Mike would presumably be there to help keep his younger bro in check, and to help mentor him.  If Mike were to go out with an injury, they'd have a back-up that potentially would play somewhat similar to Mike.  I would imagine the peer pressure from Mike, especially if he put himself out there to take care of him, would be tremendous.

Matt Schwab is better (and a lot of people think Schwab is better than Michael) so I don't think they'd take him as a QB.  Maybe if he can learn to catch the ball...  I'm sure he'd end up in ATL if he went undrafted.  I'm sure somebody will take him in the draft, though.  He's too much of an athlete to pass up.  Like you said, he just needs someone to kick his ass.

One point you bring up is the fact the offense could remain practically unchanged if one Vick had to replace the other.  When the Falcons have to play Schwab (or heaven forbid Ty Detmer) they no doubt have to change things up a bit.

As for Eli and Elway refusing to go somewhere, there has been talk about the same thing with New Orleans.  Doesn't sound like the most appealing situation to find yourself in.  I'm not as down on the "won't go there" as much as the won't honor my contract thing.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
unbreakable
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2006, 11:31:19 PM »

Did he say his name was Steve Mexico?
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2006, 02:25:02 AM »

How's he gonna get drafted when his ass is in jail?  What a dumb fuck.
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 07:08:08 PM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

Matt Schwab is better (and a lot of people think Schwab is better than Michael)
Whaaaa? Vick is a wonderfully dynamic player. He might not be the great throwing threat that Schwab is, but he's infinitely dangerous.

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: