http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 07:04:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Man's head falls off during bus ride!  (Read 1101 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »

Sorry...just wanted to make it an even 4

Tongue

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 08:00:59 PM »

Christ almighty ... You'd think you could have at least included a pic of the crimescene... or a head-shot.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 02, 2008, 08:00:59 PM

Christ almighty ... You'd think you could have at least included a pic of the crimescene... or a head-shot.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 11:58:40 PM »

Quote from: Purge on August 02, 2008, 08:00:59 PM

how about a money shot?

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 03:26:19 AM »

thumbsdown

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 04:18:09 AM »

Some guy got his head chopped off in front of a bunch of innocent people and this forum makes jokes?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 04:25:30 AM »

Quote from: GatorFavre on August 03, 2008, 04:18:09 AM

Some guy got his head chopped off in front of a bunch of innocent people and this forum makes jokes?

The joke has nothing to do with the actual event, the joke has everything to do with the complete inability of anyone who wants to post interesting news to read the forum for that information first.  There is also the problem that thread titles often tell nothing at all about what's actual in the thread.

Being able to see the humor isn't about the decapitation (which is an awful, and very disturbing story) is a very important part of fitting into a community filled with so many cynical and sarcastic numbnuts (such as meself).
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 04:27:00 AM »

[quote ]
Being able to see the humor isn't about the decapitation (which is an awful, and very disturbing story) is a very important part of fitting into a community filled with so many cynical and sarcastic numbnuts (such as meself).
[/quote]

Boy aint THAT the truth.   smile
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 01:58:34 PM »

still tasteless in my opinion...

A new one
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 03:38:23 PM »

as i noted in my initial post, i regard this crime as shocking and down right frightening.  i have nothing but the utmost sympathy for the victim's family and I'm apalled at the extent of evil displayed by the murderer. 

however, gallows humor has existed since the moment humans traded fins for feet (or, if you're a creationist, were plopped into the garden).  it's in our dna to make light of things that scare us.  it helps us to deal.  yes, tasteless at times.  but it doesn't mean those making jokes about the situation are any less aware of the gravity of the situation.

in any case, as pointed out, this thread was purely an attempt to poke fun at the number of threads that popped into existence after the first one.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 04:14:36 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 03, 2008, 03:38:23 PM

as i noted in my initial post, i regard this crime as shocking and down right frightening.  i have nothing but the utmost sympathy for the victim's family and I'm apalled at the extent of evil displayed by the murderer. 

however, gallows humor has existed since the moment humans traded fins for feet (or, if you're a creationist, were plopped into the garden).  it's in our dna to make light of things that scare us.  it helps us to deal.  yes, tasteless at times.  but it doesn't mean those making jokes about the situation are any less aware of the gravity of the situation.

in any case, as pointed out, this thread was purely an attempt to poke fun at the number of threads that popped into existence after the first one.

+1. This crime is so absurd, atrocious and over the top that I think it's only human nature to try and put some distance between our everyday world and the crime with some dark humor.  Of course, we feel terrible about the victim in this situation. This poor man hit the lottery for terrible things happening to people. Think of the odds of someone going psycho in a full bus and stabbing you to death and decapitating you.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 04:16:13 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on August 03, 2008, 01:58:34 PM

still tasteless in my opinion...

I heard it actually tastes like chicken.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 02:22:56 PM »

apparently this thread is contributing to the decline of western civilization as localized to GT , so I'd like to request that a mod lock this up. 

i would also like everyone to refrain from ever posting anything even remotely silly from now on.  i fully expect GT to adhere to a strict WWYHONPR policy (What Would You Hear on NPR) when creating threads from now on.   Tongue
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 02:35:31 PM by hepcat » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 02:34:07 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 04, 2008, 02:22:56 PM

I would also like everyone to refrain from every posting anything even remotely silly from now on.  i fully expect GT to adhere to a strict WWYHONPR policy (What Would You Hear on NPR) when creating threads from now on.   Tongue

whoah, let's not lose our heads over some cutting remarks from the local prudes  icon_twisted  Tongue

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 02:36:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 04, 2008, 02:34:07 PM

Quote from: hepcat on August 04, 2008, 02:22:56 PM

I would also like everyone to refrain from every posting anything even remotely silly from now on.  i fully expect GT to adhere to a strict WWYHONPR policy (What Would You Hear on NPR) when creating threads from now on.   Tongue

whoah, let's not lose our heads over some cutting remarks from the local prudes  icon_twisted  Tongue

Please do not post in this thread anymore.  I will create a new one later today entitled:  Pleather:  The New Vinyl? 

you may contribute to that all you want.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: