http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 01:51:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Make the parades stop...  (Read 976 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2004, 04:00:00 PM »

Oh... my... God...

Do parades suck or is it just me? I mean, you sit there watching giant paper mache craft project after giant paper mache craft project go by, with people you don't know waving at you while chucking candy at the nearest new-born, who just wants to lay in their nice warm crib and not get pelted with jolly ranchers. Usually this happens when it's either royally frickin' cold, or royally frickin' hot. Have you ever heard of a parade happening in either April or early October? Me neither.

Yet my wife is busy jumping up and down watching the Thanksgiving "Insert Sponser Here" Parade on NBC, while I'm here listening to Katie Couric and Matt Lauer drone on more uninterestingly than usual about the history of each float. There was also a musical number celebrating Bollywood with a song called "Shakalaka, Baby." Yeah, it was just as bad as you might think.

I'm ready for summer now.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2004, 04:11:06 PM »

Loved them as a kid but cant stand them now. They are really stupid and embarrassing to watch. Lame. I always say to myself they dont have anything new in the parades in the last 200 - 300 years lol..and the people that perform in them i feel they just get the lowest denominator cause Ive never heard of them and they all suck. Starting to hate holidays.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 04:24:33 PM »

They need to add strippers

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 06:07:32 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

Have you ever heard of a parade happening in either April or early October? Me neither.

Actually, yeah - the town I grew up in was/is famous for their "Mule Day" parade in early April - 200,000+ people show up in this town of 30,000 every spring for the parade.  It's actually pretty nice - bring a blanket and stretch out in one of the yards of the antibellum homes that are along the parade route.  Only problem is, as the name implies, there are a lot of mules/horses/donkeys and all the mess that goes along with that.
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004, 05:36:46 AM »

NEver understood the facination with parades. Even as a kid I thought they were the most boring "event" for a crowd to gather.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 03:20:26 PM »

I'm with ya.  I've always thought parades were pretty lame.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2004, 04:01:09 PM »

Someone needs to take WBS to Fantasy Fest in Key West.  It not your  average parade to say the least.
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 08:47:39 PM »

Growing up, my cousins lived on the other side of the Rose Parade route.  Since I had to wait until the damn thing was over before I could go play with them I learned to hate parades at a very early age.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: